Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2017, 01:09:29 PM *
News: Are you prepared for Aug 1 / BIP148?

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 750 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Update to 0.10 Wallet - Merge Mine w/BTC!  (Read 920356 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:11:34 AM

@ Jelks: pretty cool report. One thing I like about cryptos is how many fields there are. Ian and I were full-tilt from day one, but we didn't mine our first coin until almost two years later.

IMZ Mark

Groestl: Fa9Fo3YL6PFgJ7fySNEYyVJ3CpVEpMNboY
ETH: 0x71233fE19874Cc3011399Bbd4275d6F45fd445BB
DASH: XuENXsgRPWv91uv3mDikoGsTMbp1Dw41w3
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:16:05 AM

@ Jelks contact me if you want to sell a few antminer usb sticks. I have a project going for which those are still useful.

Also, why tie down a good PC for miners? Pogos and miracasts can be had all day for $20 and make excellent mining controllers. I have precompiled arm binaries for cgminer and gridseed dualminers on my website.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:03:41 PM

I got into mining about a year and a half ago.  Started with one Block Erupter and several USB Antminers. Just Bitcoin and Namecoin, trying out several different pools (BitMinter, Eligius, Slush).  

Then I discovered UNO on Bastille Day (July 14th), 2014, and started looking into it.  I ended up getting a bunch of more USB Antminers (each 2+GH/s), 2 IceFury/NanoFuries (~2.5 GH/s), then 6 BiFurys (~5 GH/s each, except for one defective one that ran at about the level of a NanoFury).  

I was mining UNO exclusively by now, using MultiMiner, and various pools, moving from one to the other.  Here is what my rig(s) looked like:

http://i.imgur.com/BGHN8x0.jpg

Note: the 2 NanoFuries are sort of hidden behind the fan on the little Amazon USB hub on the right, you can sort of see one of them.  Also, the Block Erupter is visible at the back of that same hub.

Total was about 70-80 GH/s.  Interesting, but USB ASICs are, to be frank, a PITA.  They've got to be attached to a running PC which has to be on all the time, or at least all the time you want to mine.

I was also buying UNO, here there and when I could.

Then I bought 2 AntMiner S3's.  Now we're talking serious hash power, at least compared to the Frankenstein USB rig setup.  Each S3 was ~440 GH/s.  And they ran *stand-alone*, so even when I was traveling or had my laptop off for whatever reason, they still mined.

Combined with my USB rigs, I was often getting about 1 TH/s.  Not bad.  At the time.

Then I bought a 2 TH/s contract with Genesis Mining.  At first, I wasn't at all impressed with them.  OK, just not impressive.

Fast forward to today.  I retired the USB ASICs (a friend of mine is going to help me try and sell them -- either piecemeal or the entire rig -- on eBay).  So I'm just left with the 2 S3's, returning me an average of 850 - 900 GH/s (just under a TH).  With mmpool, I get a teeny sprinkling of Namecoin, UNO, and Bitcoin.  And I *mean* a sprinkling, every 3-5 days!

Genesis Mining, on the other hand, has somehow upped its return so that I'm usually getting .9+ UNOs *every single day*!!!

So I'll be selling the S3's too.  Tired of the noise, the electricity costs, worrying about hardware, pool downtimes (with and without DDOS), occasional internet connection problems, etc., etc.

Bottom line, Genesis Mining is pretty darn cool (and I don't even follow their thread here on BCT).  Whatever they're doing, they're doing right.  Getting almost one UNO a day in these post-halving days with 2 TH/s is fine by me!

And I can dump the hardware and the hassles...

I'll be curious as to what GM can do come the next halving...

Anyway, in the meantime, a BIG THUMBS UP to Genesis Mining!!!

This is one of my accounts, getting lots of uno each day  Smiley

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:01:56 PM

Welcome, Zeta0s! Sigh. Gettin' set up to mine with Genesis remains high on Our List.

IMZ Mark

FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 1372

Unobtanium: Rare, Fair, Vetted.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 10:30:27 PM

That's interesting, Jelks. Thats some nice hash you have over there. I had noted in an earlier post that I was getting consistent payouts of about .12 Uno on just 250 gb of hash at Genesis.

My knowledge of running a cloud mining shop is minimal. But the only way I can imagine getting these kinds of payouts is if Genesis has implemented merge mining with Uno, and if you select Uno mining, they then payout all of your earnings in Uno, rather than in btc.

FYI, this is Genesis' current hot wallet address.  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?uPqUBmNJvr6PVYoEibzE9PQZ5Kzgzd7D6L.htm

Gekko463

Activity: 455

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:22:06 AM

Even if you make a .conf?

addnode and it will find the network

Or am I missing something?

*Krypto Superdog beat me to the punch but yeah we are suggesting the same.

**Does the 'yellow' version MAC wallet have the same issue?

currently pnoch's is the ONLY mac version.  I had to download the .conf file and put it in the folder.

Downloaded pnoch's version again.  Still no block source.  

I may be picky and precious here, but...why doesn't this just work?  I have never, since my first dogecoin wallet had to try to go under the hood and fix a wallet on a Mac to make it work.  I am not a computer person.  I'm a USER.

So now, is being a coder a pre-requisite for owning UNO?  This seems just downright broken and neglected to me.

I do not know how to download and install a config, where to get one, or where to put it or modify it with nodes.  And I don't WANT TO.   In fact, the sentence I just wrote means nothing to me.  I am just aping what you guys wrote.

Can somebody fix this?  Or is UNO for elite hackers only now?

Maybe THIS (lack of quality experience) is why the price is in free fall?
IanRidgwell

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:51:22 AM

I had a pittance of genesis mining but I bought pre Altcoin collapse so I had scrypt and it wasn't paying in any way shape or form. I converted to a pittance of Bitcoin and it now pretty much pays all transaction fees I may or may not make. Its unlikely to ROI without further investment but overall I've had worse investments. 10/10 will genesis mine again if I get the monies.

IMZ - Australia
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:14:51 AM

I had a pittance of genesis mining but I bought pre Altcoin collapse so I had scrypt and it wasn't paying in any way shape or form. I converted to a pittance of Bitcoin and it now pretty much pays all transaction fees I may or may not make. Its unlikely to ROI without further investment but overall I've had worse investments. 10/10 will genesis mine again if I get the monies.

Two more screenshots for two other accounts i have, one is mining UNO whit 0.6433 TH/s and the other is one (4.TH/S) bitcoin mining only.

For you guys wanna try Genesis Mining, There are two great discount vouchers.
One is in my sign below (MOON) and the other is MARS.

I have to go now for some days, gonna drive 950km to France for the holidays, and  Uno is gonna pay for the trip(gas).

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Krypto Superdog

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:06:25 PM

currently pnoch's is the ONLY mac version.  I had to download the .conf file and put it in the folder.

I may be picky and precious here, but...why doesn't this just work?  I have never, since my first dogecoin wallet had to try to go under the hood and fix a wallet on a Mac to make it work.  I am not a computer person.  I'm a USER.

So now, is being a coder a pre-requisite for owning UNO?  This seems just downright broken and neglected to me.

I do not know how to download and install a config, where to get one, or where to put it or modify it with nodes.  And I don't WANT TO.   In fact, the sentence I just wrote means nothing to me.  I am just aping what you guys wrote.

Can somebody fix this?  Or is UNO for elite hackers only now?

i agree that this is a major problem, but that fact of the matter is, you're going to have to be patient.  we are VERY early adopters in cryptocurrency so end-user support isn't up to snuff yet.  i never had to do this either with bitcoin, dogecoin, or any other coin i used.  but then again, we are worth much less, have a smaller network, and no full-time dev.

anyway, i want to help you get this working.  first, you need to know that your "Library" folder on OSX is hidden from dummies like you so you don't fuck it up.  follow the instructions here to show the library folder:  http://osxdaily.com/2014/12/16/show-user-library-folder-os-x-yosemite/

once you've completed this easy step-by-step, open a finder window and navigate to the following folder:

start by clicking your user folder on the left (should be named after you, so i'll just call it "gekko"

Gekko -->  Library  -->  Application Support -->  Unobtanium

okay, so now you're looking at the Unobtanium folder, there should be two folders in there ("blocks" and "chainstate") and 5 files (including your precious "wallet.dat"     Now head on over to here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg11422814#msg11422814 and download the "Unobtanium.conf" file that FallingKnife has posted.  once you've downloaded that, put in your "Unobtanium folder that we just navigated you to in finder.

restart Unobtanium-QT and you should be good to go.  if its still not working, delete the unobtanium.conf file and try downloading the .zip version that FK has there, unzip it, put it in the "unobtanium" folder, restart, see if it is working.

let me know how it goes for ya

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Cryptocurrency Calculator

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 04:25:47 PM

@Krypto Superdog

you're a kind & brave soul

NOTE:
(to self or anyone else)
need to post .conf stuff some place handy ... cuz it is basic 101 stuff / FAQ

PRoTIGERopenUNOSMCunic.zeit.TALK.GLCBCCBCT.emdASIC.SMART Observer op420UNO/XMR2.0sleepersdLEx◣table◣charity:UNOtek:UN<>EX<<>>
::::::  diction ::  :: top20cons ::  :: UNO tech :: UN<>EX :::CCtalk::::TOP50 :: BCC dir :: the media :: <<>>
✪ Pledges on the Record ✪ ✪ The Social Code of Noble Men of New & Old ✪ May2020BTC#18M◣◥◣◥◣◣◥◣◥ TALK CRjt8BZu5a7YYNc4yCXD9SqztQcSjwn5eZ ◣
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:03:54 PM

Can somebody fix this?  Or is UNO for elite hackers only now?

i agree that this is a major problem, but that fact of the matter is, you're going to have to be patient.  we are VERY early adopters in cryptocurrency so end-user support isn't up to snuff yet.  i never had to do this either with bitcoin, dogecoin, or any other coin i used.  but then again, we are worth much less, have a smaller network, and no full-time dev.

anyway, i want to help you get this working.  first, you need to know that your "Library" folder on OSX is hidden from dummies like you so you don't fuck it up.  follow the instructions here to show the library folder:  http://osxdaily.com/2014/12/16/show-user-library-folder-os-x-yosemite/

once you've completed this easy step-by-step, open a finder window and navigate to the following folder:

start by clicking your user folder on the left (should be named after you, so i'll just call it "gekko"

Gekko -->  Library  -->  Application Support -->  Unobtanium

okay, so now you're looking at the Unobtanium folder, there should be two folders in there ("blocks" and "chainstate") and 5 files (including your precious "wallet.dat"     Now head on over to here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg11422814#msg11422814 and download the "Unobtanium.conf" file that FallingKnife has posted.  once you've downloaded that, put in your "Unobtanium folder that we just navigated you to in finder.

restart Unobtanium-QT and you should be good to go.  if its still not working, delete the unobtanium.conf file and try downloading the .zip version that FK has there, unzip it, put it in the "unobtanium" folder, restart, see if it is working.

let me know how it goes for ya

Top kek, you made for a good laugh this afternoon.

But in all seriousness, if we need a place to host things like this, I'll see about getting something set up.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 06:09:02 PM

a specific thread or (free)blog UNO FAQ will do the job ... but if you want to do anything more special ... feel free mate.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=856162
a specific thread (non official)

PRoTIGERopenUNOSMCunic.zeit.TALK.GLCBCCBCT.emdASIC.SMART Observer op420UNO/XMR2.0sleepersdLEx◣table◣charity:UNOtek:UN<>EX<<>>
::::::  diction ::  :: top20cons ::  :: UNO tech :: UN<>EX :::CCtalk::::TOP50 :: BCC dir :: the media :: <<>>
✪ Pledges on the Record ✪ ✪ The Social Code of Noble Men of New & Old ✪ May2020BTC#18M◣◥◣◥◣◣◥◣◥ TALK CRjt8BZu5a7YYNc4yCXD9SqztQcSjwn5eZ ◣
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:38:33 PM

Indeed, K.S., a kind and brave soul. Taa, Siameze.

m

FallingKnife
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 08:19:09 PM

Could someone with some some coins on Bittrex run some coins through there? We're at a low water mark on volume, and I'm expecting to see the warning go up soon on the Un market.

sirsmokesalot

Activity: 763

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:50:25 PM

https://mining.bitcoin.cz/news/enjoy-namecoin-merged-mining/

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
FallingKnife
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 12:04:49 AM

mmpool.org is back up, and currently reporting 304 ths.
xpool.ca is also a reliable pool.

Has anyone tried merge mining at

http://give-me-coins.com/support/sha256-guide/
http://sha256d.ispace.co.uk/

I think ispace is still active. 
Not sure about give-me-coins.

Identifying miners in the extraction chart has not been very easy. If anyone knows who owns the wallets, or wants to sleuth down the owners, let me know: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/#!extraction

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:59:09 AM

@ F.K.: I put .6 Btc on Bittrex yesterday, and will stir things up a bit today.

siameze
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:40:35 AM

I finally caught up on threads, busy week here.

Despite Gekkos delivery, he does have a valid point. I understand HC is really busy, but what of the community programmer CaptChadd? Is he not able to fix these things, and if not why is he still listed as a contributer to the project?

People expect things that work, and here they do for the most part.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 11:03:15 AM

agree $1M coins need to be 'USER' friendly
agree things like this are the bailiwick of CC the community programmer
whereas HC would be lead dev (non officially)

---------
here's a new exchange development

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=PPC_UNO

so we got that going for us

siameze
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 11:34:46 AM

agree $1M coins need to be 'USER' friendly
agree things like this are the bailiwick of CC the community programmer
whereas HC would be lead dev (non officially)

---------
here's a new exchange development

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=PPC_UNO

so we got that going for us

JFC on a stick, I forgot I had a cryptopia account. Cheesy

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 750 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.