Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2018, 08:37:26 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 770 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Hardfork block 1042000 - Merge Mine w/BTC!  (Read 1006288 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

Unobtanium: Rare, Fair, Vetted.

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 02:19:38 AM

5 UNO bounty to solve this Mac problem. I have 25 UNO sitting on the blockchain that I can not access due to the fork. I am trying to get the Mac 0.10 client to run but I get the same message everytime. I have tried all sort but I think it may be due to the fact that I have Macports installed. If anyone can help me to get the wallet up and running I'll give you 5 UNO out of the 25 UNO. Please.

I just got time to repackage the build with all of the deps, tested on machine without boost library installed.

I will post the link to the fixed wallet as soon as the upload is completed.

Cheers!

EDIT: here's the download link http://wikisend.com/download/305390/Unobtanium-Qt.zip

MD5 : 8bda96f0c9b48efef750a95452b69131

Let me know if there is anymore problem running it on your machine.

I downloaded and started the wallet and I am resyncing the blockchain now, it looks good so far, so the 5 UNO bounty will be yours if my 25 UNOs show up in the end....
How is this Mac wallet? Has anyone else tried it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrevorS

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:33:54 AM

@MMpool

Is there any prospect for my being able to connect more than one Antminer S5 to your pool?  I've had to shut down four of the six S3 (getting too warm in here) and would really like to redirect another three S5.  What is necessary in order to accomplish this?  If you need to observe server behavior with them, then let's arrange for that!

Thanks -- Trevor

@MMpool

Thought I'd try increasing the Antminer S5 count again, using this configuration:
stratum+tcp://mmpool.org:3333
<pool user ID>
d=512

Just one was running fine, so added a second.  Rejects increased some over a half hour period.  Added a third and within ten minutes the A/R ratio on the new arrival was 1.8 which is very poor (at about 30min it was 1.4).  Can anything be done to fix this?

PS. Am now dropping back to just two S5 again, restarted both at the same time.  After ~15 minutes their respective A/R ratios are 11.1 and 1.8, I obviously have to drop back to one S5 again.

PPS. I've noticed the rejects don't show up singly, but in bursts.  Looks like a timing problem to me.

PPPS. Thought I'd list the A/R ratios for the six Antminer S3: 519, 535, 586, 626, 421, 266 (am rebooting this last one)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been over an hour now since returning the second two S5 to Eligius.  Vari-diff has set 512 for both and their A/R ratios are: 551 and 1389 -- it's not a miner hardware problem.

I was testing with a cube last night (Just solo mining) and got lots of invalids until I upgraded mining proxy. I will give it a whirl on mmpool to see if I notice network issues if you are stil having problems.
My S3 have no reject issues w/ MMpool, it's just the S5s.  More than one S5 result in high rejects as per my posting.
cragv

Activity: 342

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:45:29 AM

Good News Everybody!

I think I have found the perfect man for the "Infiltrate China" project from A-Z.
Pledges please.  Falling Knife or IMZ or somebody else you trust more can collect the fund.  I will post paid invoices before requesting reimbursement .

This is a good idea. I'll pledge 1% of my holdings (2.35 UNO) 5 UNO to the China outreach project. Just need to update my wallet when the software is available and I will send to FK or IMZ, whomever is holding the funds. Am still a few pages out of date on this thread, have been 'near but not in' the UNOverse for a while recently. I'll be back again soon when I can manage it. Cheers.

Done! Primary Translation Fundraising COMPLETE.  60 UNO's.

Any additional UNO pledged now beyond that required to pay the cash portion of the preliminary translation/SEO bill will go to pay Daniel M (should he accept the mission) a bounty once we have CNY/UNO and BTC/UNO trading on a major Chinese exchange due to his direct efforts on Weibo, Chinese Troll Boxes and email campaigns.
I'll start again with another 10 kilos for the exchange bounty.

So this is pretty impressive. Great job guys Smiley I'll up my pledge, this is quite encouraging.

--
(Final edit now I'm caught up: I'm uncomfortable with lists of shame and effectively offering prostitution for UNO pledges. It's not what we're about and my pledge in no way supports this element of the China undertaking.)
EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:51:42 AM

5 UNO bounty to solve this Mac problem. I have 25 UNO sitting on the blockchain that I can not access due to the fork. I am trying to get the Mac 0.10 client to run but I get the same message everytime. I have tried all sort but I think it may be due to the fact that I have Macports installed. If anyone can help me to get the wallet up and running I'll give you 5 UNO out of the 25 UNO. Please.

I just got time to repackage the build with all of the deps, tested on machine without boost library installed.

I will post the link to the fixed wallet as soon as the upload is completed.

Cheers!

EDIT: here's the download link http://wikisend.com/download/305390/Unobtanium-Qt.zip

MD5 : 8bda96f0c9b48efef750a95452b69131

Let me know if there is anymore problem running it on your machine.

I downloaded and started the wallet and I am resyncing the blockchain now, it looks good so far, so the 5 UNO bounty will be yours if my 25 UNOs show up in the end....
How is this Mac wallet? Has anyone else tried it?

I installed it yesterday and it works perfectly, I just had to reload the whole blockchain but thats done now. I got my 25 UNOs  Grin so great work from pnoch and I will give him the 5 UNO

Soooooooon...............
TrevorS

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:54:17 AM

@MMpool
@MMpool

Is there any prospect for my being able to connect more than one Antminer S5 to your pool?  I've had to shut down four of the six S3 (getting too warm in here) and would really like to redirect another three S5.  What is necessary in order to accomplish this?  If you need to observe server behavior with them, then let's arrange for that!

Thanks -- Trevor

PS. After over two days of uninterrupted mining on MMpool, the single S5 reports an A/R ratio of 612, so it's not an inherent miner problem.  Why do the A/R ratios collapse with more than one S5 connected to your pool?  Would really like to solve this problem!  How about you?
I don't know why this problem is happening for you and yes, I would like to work out what the issue is. Here's some things to look at or try:

1) Are you using ipv4 or ipv6?
2) what is the exact command line you are using for the miner?
3) Are all the miners mining under the same account?
4) if (3) is true, are the set to the difficulty level for the combined value of all the miners, or just for each individual miner output.
5) if they are set to the difficulty level of the individual miners, try setting the difficulty level for all the miners such that it is right for the combined hash total of all the miners. ie. if the total hash rate for all miners is 10 Th/s then set the difficulty for all the miners to "d=2500".
Hi, sorry I missed your post, would love to work with you on this.

1) I'm using ipv4 for everything still.
2) The S3 and S5 miners include CGminer internal to them (have their own controllers), so all I do is enter configuration parameters into the provided fields via a PC browser.  The current configuration parameters are identical for both types of miner except for the difficulty parameter:
S3:
url: stratum+tcp://mmpool.org:3333
usr:<pool user ID>
psw: d=256
S5:
usr: <pool user ID>
psw: d=512
3) All miners (S3 and S5) are under the same account.
4) Difficulty value is set for the individual miner.  (2,4,6 S3; 1-4 S5)  S3s don't exhibit this problem, only the S5s.
5) OK, so if I shut down the last two S3, then two S5 should be ~2TH which I gather would be "d=500".  I can tell you that my previous tries with two S5 and "d=512" didn't work, but I'll try 500.

EDIT:  Test is underway with two S5 and "d=500".  Thanks again!  Smiley
Gekko463

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:03:50 AM

Invade China Bounty Fund Progress

MikeOxhard   5
Ethought         10
Gekko         10
Jelks                 20
Rojan         10
BitcoinCharlie   22.5
-Element6-   5
siameze           1
vector.iso           3
learminer         10
timpeff         10
Tactick           1
Blueman         30
craigv             10
IMZ         10

Total   157.5

WOW.  I think we can call that FUNDED!  OVER $400 for the bounty at the current price, more than a BTC and close to two.  Great job guys!  You can still throw down if you want, I will record it.

Progress Report:

1.  @Learminer has added the Chinese exchanges, exchange rate and the Weibo "Coming Soon" notations to the http://unobtanium.uno webpage.

2.  Since we are well funded for the project, we may as well have the translator do the first page of this BitCoinTalk thread to kick off a Chinese version of the Bitcointalk UNO community.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0

3.  Still having trouble reaching this Daniel Hu.  He is not responding to my invitation on upwork.com.  Does anyone have a contact at  Shapeshift.io?  Evidently, this guy is a consultant for them.  Any help tracking him down would be appreciated.  He has not logged into upwork.com since last summer, so is probably not seeing my messages for him.

4.  As soon as I locate an ideal candidate with crypto knowledge/SEO experience/a bent for marketing, and of course, native Chinese, I will report back.

5.  Nobody has to apologise to me.  I yam what I yam.  It gets things done.  Thanks again to all who have stepped up to the plate!
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:32:26 AM

Invade China Bounty Fund Progress

MikeOxhard   5
Ethought         10
Gekko         10
Jelks                 20
Rojan         10
BitcoinCharlie   22.5
-Element6-   5
siameze           1
vector.iso           3
learminer         10
timpeff         10
Tactick           1
Blueman         30
craigv             10
IMZ         10

Total   157.5

WOW.  I think we can call that FUNDED!  OVER $400 for the bounty at the current price, more than a BTC and close to two.  Great job guys!  You can still throw down if you want, I will record it.

Progress Report:

1.  @Learminer has added the Chinese exchanges, exchange rate and the Weibo "Coming Soon" notations to the http://unobtanium.uno webpage.

2.  Since we are well funded for the project, we may as well have the translator do the first page of this BitCoinTalk thread to kick off a Chinese version of the Bitcointalk UNO community.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0

3.  Still having trouble reaching this Daniel Hu.  He is not responding to my invitation on upwork.com.  Does anyone have a contact at  Shapeshift.io?  Evidently, this guy is a consultant for them.  Any help tracking him down would be appreciated.  He has not logged into upwork.com since last summer, so is probably not seeing my messages for him.

4.  As soon as I locate an ideal candidate with crypto knowledge/SEO experience/a bent for marketing, and of course, native Chinese, I will report back.

5.  Nobody has to apologise to me.  I yam what I yam.  It gets things done.  Thanks again to all who have stepped up to the plate!

Why not make IMZ or FallingKnife escrow, sign the address, and do it professional? If your Chinese counterparts are paying attention, I am sure they want to know it isn't just another amateur altcoin. Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
rojan

Activity: 324

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:46:37 AM

https://www.elance.com/s/dh19891989

Last sign in @ Elance was about 6 months ago.

It's rare.  It's fair.  It's Unobtanium.
rojan

Activity: 324

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:51:27 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=759494

The link from the Daniel Hu screenshot above.

It's rare.  It's fair.  It's Unobtanium.
Gekko463

Activity: 540

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:42:54 AM

Great detective work!  I have written to him here.

siameze
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:10:59 PM

Great detective work!  I have written to him here.

This is all shaping up to be the Chinese version of this:

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
TrevorS

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:13:42 PM

@MMpool
@MMpool

Thanks -- Trevor

PS. After over two days of uninterrupted mining on MMpool, the single S5 reports an A/R ratio of 612, so it's not an inherent miner problem.  Why do the A/R ratios collapse with more than one S5 connected to your pool?  Would really like to solve this problem!  How about you?
I don't know why this problem is happening for you and yes, I would like to work out what the issue is. Here's some things to look at or try:

1) Are you using ipv4 or ipv6?
2) what is the exact command line you are using for the miner?
3) Are all the miners mining under the same account?
4) if (3) is true, are the set to the difficulty level for the combined value of all the miners, or just for each individual miner output.
5) if they are set to the difficulty level of the individual miners, try setting the difficulty level for all the miners such that it is right for the combined hash total of all the miners. ie. if the total hash rate for all miners is 10 Th/s then set the difficulty for all the miners to "d=2500".
Hi, sorry I missed your post, would love to work with you on this.

1) I'm using ipv4 for everything still.
2) The S3 and S5 miners include CGminer internal to them (have their own controllers), so all I do is enter configuration parameters into the provided fields via a PC browser.  The current configuration parameters are identical for both types of miner except for the difficulty parameter:
S3:
usr:<pool user ID>
psw: d=256
S5:
usr: <pool user ID>
psw: d=512
3) All miners (S3 and S5) are under the same account.
4) Difficulty value is set for the individual miner.  (2,4,6 S3; 1-4 S5)  S3s don't exhibit this problem, only the S5s.
5) OK, so if I shut down the last two S3, then two S5 should be ~2TH which I gather would be "d=500".  I can tell you that my previous tries with two S5 and "d=512" didn't work, but I'll try 500.

EDIT:  Test is underway with two S5 and "d=500".  Thanks again!  Smiley

Have tested with two S5 with "d=500" and am continuing on.  Three S5 appear a real possibility -- did you change something?  Although four fell on its face, a lesser number seems to be working!  Am currently running three S5 with "d=750".  Expect to look again tomorrow!  Thanks for your assistance!  Way better than just one S5!  Smiley
Krypto Superdog

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:30:19 PM

I downloaded the mac wallet.  its works, but is taking FOREVER to d/l the blockchain with only 1 active connection to the Unobtanium network.

I know blah blah blah addnodes unobtanium.conf file.....i have no idea what any of this means or how to do what you were going to tell me to do.  can someone tell me exactly how to make this happen?

where the hell is bryce? did he totally just bail on creating wallets for us?  I understand that he doesn't necessarily "owe" us anything but why would he make a fork happen, tell us new wallets are coming, and then just flake?  at least if he said "i'm not going to make any wallets" we could have figured this out on time ourselves.  meanwhile he's flapping his gums to anyone who'll listen about how Unobtanium is "his" coin and implying its so great because of him.

Bryce, I think i'd rather have Bill Buckner on my team in a clutch moment than you.

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:21:33 PM

I downloaded the mac wallet.  its works, but is taking FOREVER to d/l the blockchain with only 1 active connection to the Unobtanium network.

I know blah blah blah addnodes unobtanium.conf file.....i have no idea what any of this means or how to do what you were going to tell me to do.  can someone tell me exactly how to make this happen?

where the hell is bryce? did he totally just bail on creating wallets for us?  I understand that he doesn't necessarily "owe" us anything but why would he make a fork happen, tell us new wallets are coming, and then just flake?  at least if he said "i'm not going to make any wallets" we could have figured this out on time ourselves.  meanwhile he's flapping his gums to anyone who'll listen about how Unobtanium is "his" coin and implying its so great because of him.

Bryce, I think i'd rather have Bill Buckner on my team in a clutch moment than you.

This is the location of the .conf file afaik: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/13873/bitcoind-configuration-on-mac-os-x

Do you need a template?

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Krypto Superdog

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:40:48 PM

i don't know.  probably? 

okay, so now i know where unobtanium.conf file goes, but i still don't know what it is.  do i just make a blank text file and save it as unobtanium.conf?  if so, what exactly do i need put as text?  is there something i can copy paste?

can you see how terrible this all is for an "average" user of crypto?  I mean, I grew up with computers, I work for a leading tech company, on the internet all day every day...muggles think i'm some tech whiz just for using crypto, so if someone like me is having a hard time figuring this out, then we're completely fucked for "mass" adoption.  People are always like "we need to tell our friends and family to get in on this" but this whole shit show is a perfect example of why I am not "spreading the good word," so to speak.

please don't anyone take offense from my ranting, i am just extremely frustrated and need to vent.

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
tertius993

Activity: 708

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:47:54 PM

i don't know.  probably? 

okay, so now i know where unobtanium.conf file goes, but i still don't know what it is.  do i just make a blank text file and save it as unobtanium.conf?  if so, what exactly do i need put as text?  is there something i can copy paste?

can you see how terrible this all is for an "average" user of crypto?  I mean, I grew up with computers, I work for a leading tech company, on the internet all day every day...muggles think i'm some tech whiz just for using crypto, so if someone like me is having a hard time figuring this out, then we're completely fucked for "mass" adoption.  People are always like "we need to tell our friends and family to get in on this" but this whole shit show is a perfect example of why I am not "spreading the good word," so to speak.

please don't anyone take offense from my ranting, i am just extremely frustrated and need to vent.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Crypto generally is in no way ready for prime time use or adoption. Yes, you can make it work, but for the "average Joe" right now I just don't see it.

Realistically android/i device and other mobile wallets are much easier to understand and adopt.
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:50:54 PM

i don't know.  probably? 

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Crypto generally is in no way ready for prime time use or adoption. Yes, you can make it work, but for the "average Joe" right now I just don't see it.

Realistically android/i device and other mobile wallets are much easier to understand and adopt.

Providing a .conf file ready to download with short explanation where to put it on the website maybe no problem?
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

Unobtanium: Rare, Fair, Vetted.

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:01:24 PM

i don't know.  probably?  

okay, so now i know where unobtanium.conf file goes, but i still don't know what it is.  do i just make a blank text file and save it as unobtanium.conf?  if so, what exactly do i need put as text?  is there something i can copy paste?

can you see how terrible this all is for an "average" user of crypto?  I mean, I grew up with computers, I work for a leading tech company, on the internet all day every day...muggles think i'm some tech whiz just for using crypto, so if someone like me is having a hard time figuring this out, then we're completely fucked for "mass" adoption.  People are always like "we need to tell our friends and family to get in on this" but this whole shit show is a perfect example of why I am not "spreading the good word," so to speak.

Providing a .conf file ready to download with short explanation where to put it on the website maybe no problem?
Usually the Unobtanium wallet syncs up without any problems.  If it doesn't, you may be able to solve the problem by adding nodes to your Unobtanium.conf file. While it's not very difficult if you know the trick, a lot of people don't know the trick. Here's how to do it.

First, grab a list of 0.10 client peers from the Chainz explorer and put them into a sample Unobtanium.conf file.

Or alternatively, you can download a pre-made Unobtanium.conf file from Unobtanium.uno.  Choose whether you want the .conf (text) or .zip file, and download it to your desktop.
http://unobtanium.uno/download/Unobtanium.conf

http://unobtanium.uno/download/Unobtanium.conf.zip

Edit this file with any text editor, taking care that it is saved as a .conf file, and not renamed to a .txt file.
Change the Username and Password. The rest you can leave as it is.

note: because by default Windows hides file extensions, I recommend taking a moment to make a quick change to the Windows File Explorer settings. See the below image for instructions:  

Before proceeding, close your Uno wallet client.

Now we have to put the Unobtanium.conf file in the Unobtanium roaming data folder, where the wallet will find it.  Here's how to do that:

In MS Windows, press Windows+R to bring up the Run menu.  Type in %AppData% and then click/press Ok.  Like This....

A file folder will open.  Scroll down until you see the Unobanium folder, and then click on it.  You should now see the contents of this folder, including your wallet.dat file. Don't delete anything in this folder.

Now find your Unobtanium.conf file on your desktop, and drag it into this folder.

Restart your wallet.

You're good to go.

----

This is for Windows. Sadly, I can't tell you how to do this on Mac or Linuxs. Perhaps someone else will step up and write it. You can use the same Unobtanium.conf file for Win/Mac/Linux.

learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:29:26 PM

i don't know.  probably?  

okay, so now i know where unobtanium.conf file goes, but i still don't know what it is.  do i just make a blank text file and save it as unobtanium.conf?  if so, what exactly do i need put as text?  is there something i can copy paste?

can you see how terrible this all is for an "average" user of crypto?  I mean, I grew up with computers, I work for a leading tech company, on the internet all day every day...muggles think i'm some tech whiz just for using crypto, so if someone like me is having a hard time figuring this out, then we're completely fucked for "mass" adoption.  People are always like "we need to tell our friends and family to get in on this" but this whole shit show is a perfect example of why I am not "spreading the good word," so to speak.

I grabbed 0.10 client peers from the Chainz explorer and put them into a sample Unobtanium.conf file.

You can download the Unobtanium.conf file from Unobtanium.uno.  Choose whether you want the .conf (text) or .zip file, and download it to your desktop.
http://unobtanium.uno/download/Unobtanium.conf

http://unobtanium.uno/download/Unobtanium.conf.zip

Edit this file with any text editor, taking care that it is saved as a .conf file, and not renamed to a .txt file.
Change the Username and Password. The rest you can leave as it is.

Before proceeding, close your Uno wallet client.

Now we have to put the Unobtanium.conf file in the Unobtanium roaming data folder, where the wallet will find it.  Here's how to do that:

In MS Windows, press Windows+R to bring up the Run menu.  Type in %AppData% and then click/press Ok.  Like This....

A file folder will open.  Scroll down until you see the Unobanium folder, and then click on it.  You should now see the contents of this folder, including your wallet.dat file. Don't delete anything in this folder.

Now find your Unobtanium.conf file on your desktop, and drag it into this folder.

Restart your wallet.

You're good to go.

----

This is for Windows. Sadly, I can't tell you how to do this on Mac or Linuxs. Perhaps someone else will step up and write it. You can use the same Unobtanium.conf file for Win/Mac/Linux.

LOL I was just about to add it too, you were faster - again!

I updated the site with download buttons and a link to your instructions, that should make it easier for newcomers to find.

Tacktic

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:03:31 PM

i don't know.  probably? 

Hi Crypto and welcome.
Yes this is often my problem.
It is like having to be a mechanic before you drive a car.
Currencies these playthings will never be till developers learn that Joe Public does not want to learn the fiddle, just wants to play.
I have started thinking on these lines.... in the Late 1800 early 1900 most people who drove WHERE mechanics.
Then they made better cars.
It is up to developers to make better wallets.
So far they seem to be happy with the generic Bitcoin yuk thing.
Weird bit is the world is about to go cashless... Visa/ebt cards just work.
Ipad banking...just works.
So the crypto idea may just be that, an idea that came and went, before the (intelligent to be sure) geeks discovered the masses and the potential of the idea.
(I say geek in an affectionate way...I was one till this new breed came along hehe).
They seem to be content with the effort so far but not to spread the wings and change humanity, which could be entirely possible if people did not have the enforced banking, at the point of a gun.
It is an idea whose time has come...but along with that needs to just work without effort by the user, other than remembering a strong password and not putting usb in the microwave.
That is the real challenge of the next year or two, otherwise, Visa (owned by the banks) wins.
Regards,
Tacktic.

insert witty signature here
Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 770 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.