Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:16:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046618 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
palawan

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:16:33 PM

Is the irc channel still #Unobtanium on freenode?

I think many of the original Uno holders are still there...

halu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 11:17:57 PM

a dev-team of at least 3 would be good at this point. There is a lot of work to be done.

I'm ready to step aside and I have informed FallingKnife will post the final updates before doing so.

~SoopY~

Yeah, well I reject that suggestion. That's not your best idea so far, SoopY Smiley

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 11:22:37 PM

. The next level is to update the wesbite with the new client, turn the block explorer back on, and to start PROMOTING UNO.

We have 3 other working block explorers (see OP), so we're ok there.
I've reached out a few different ways to try and get Rockchain.info fixed up, but no success yet.
Rockchain is a cool explorer... I hope we can find the right person to get it running again.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 11:31:41 PM

Yes, its still our IRC channel. I still see the old crew there but I don't see many responses. I usually only check IRC if there's something exciting going on with UNO. I don't see any reason why we can't keep using this IRC channel, do you?

Nostr:
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:36:53 PM

Woah, these 2 weeks seem like an explosion in the UNO community. Everybody is finally coming out of the trenches. Wink

The past 2 months it seemed almost dead with only occasional sparks of activity. Now look at this. We have dozens of people commenting, posting their ideas and giving suggestions about future directions for UNO. When I asked people to share their ideas a few pages back I never expected so much exciting stuff to be honest.

And we finally have a great dev again, Soopy. And a great community leader, FallingKnife. I am excited and thrilled to see this. Lets keep this momentum.

Philogus

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:40:32 PM

Woah, these 2 weeks seem like an explosion in the UNO community. Everybody is finally coming out of the trenches. Wink

The past 2 months it seemed almost dead with only occasional sparks of activity. Now look at this. We have dozens of people commenting, posting their ideas and giving suggestions about future directions for UNO. When I asked people to share their ideas a few pages back I never expected so much exciting stuff to be honest.

And we finally have a great dev again, Soopy. And a great community leader, FallingKnife. I am excited and thrilled to see this. Lets keep this momentum.

+1

These are exciting times to be part of the UNO community. I'm about to go buy some more more on Cryptsy!
Philogus

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:57:39 PM

. The next level is to update the wesbite with the new client, turn the block explorer back on, and to start PROMOTING UNO.

I've reached out a few different ways to try and get Rockchain.info fixed up, but no success yet.
Rockchain is a cool explorer... I hope we can find the right person to get it running again.

Hi FallingKnife!

The problem is that Coinmarketcap.com is taking its block explorer feed from Rockchain.info. Since thats been off for 24 days now, our total UNO outstanding has been stuck at the same value for more than three weeks. I don't want to contact the operator of Coinmarketcap because his kneejerk reaction will be to de-list us until we give him an alternate block explorer. Here is the problem: if we give him another block explorer to use, how do we know for sure that they won't turn their explorer off too at some point without telling us? That is why I keep harping on the concept that we need people who are COMMITTED to making UNO look good. We need people who bring 100% commitment all of the time, not just when it is convenient to them. Soopy brings 100% all of the time, and so do you. We just need someone in charge of the website, main block explorer, and promotion of UNO that does the same.
palawan

Activity: 386

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:04:13 AM

Yes, its still our IRC channel. I still see the old crew there but I don't see many responses. I usually only check IRC if there's something exciting going on with UNO. I don't see any reason why we can't keep using this IRC channel, do you?

I think we should keep using the same IRC channel.  I've chatted with mxtm in the past (he's the maintainer for the Arch Linux AUR of Unobtanium wallet) and he's still in the channel.

We need soopy!  We cannot have him quit  Smiley    I also hear you, there's no premine to pay soopy for his work and time and I don't think he was there in the beginning to mine Uno.

I wish to purchase more Uno and hope to be able to contribute to the development of soopy.

My concerns are same as yours.  I see a mention of a fork for fixing the timewarp attack and (and maybe other issues).  I don't know if it's a mandatory fork...  I know you're communicating with exchanges.  We also need the major holders of Uno to be aware so we're all on the same page.

I wish to learn how to code, but I think it will be a very long time before I can contribute to anything to Uno development...

halu
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 12:07:22 AM

Hi FallingKnife!

The problem is that Coinmarketcap.com is taking its block explorer feed from Rockchain.info. Since thats been off for 24 days now, our total UNO outstanding has been stuck at the same value for more than three weeks. I don't want to contact the operator of Coinmarketcap because his kneejerk reaction will be to de-list us until we give him an alternate block explorer. Here is the problem: if we give him another block explorer to use, how do we know for sure that they won't turn their explorer off too at some point without telling us? That is why I keep harping on the concept that we need people who are COMMITTED to making UNO look good. We need people who bring 100% commitment all of the time, not just when it is convenient to them. Soopy brings 100% all of the time, and so do you. We just need someone in charge of the website, main block explorer, and promotion of UNO that does the same.

I see.

If you're willing to reach out to coinmarketcap (and any other that need it), I would recommend them in this order:

http://cryptexplorer.com/chain/Unobtanium
http://bit.usr.sh:2750/chain/Unobtanium
https://uno.cryptocoins.at/explorer/chain/unobtanium

I have a direct contact at cryptexplorer, our newest blockchain. I'm sure he'll do good by us.

I'll also send out some more messages about rockchain.info, but not holding my breath. Since they appear to be unresponsive and unreliable, cryptexplorer seems like the best option to me at this moment.

Nostr:
vector.iso

Activity: 240

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:26:41 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 12:42:44 AM by vector.iso

i am working on a special service for uno. I want to show you. This will not be starting before the fork since i won't take that risk. But after fork this could become a reality if the community wants it. Check out my proposed service for the backing of uno with real physical silver:

http://yourhorst55.tumblr.com

if other trustworthy members of the community would set up similar services (they need to be regularly tested by others of course and must be honest and should not operate on fractional reserve) then we would have achieved decentralized backing what could be potentially huge for uno since no other coin has reached that goal so far. I am doing this to raise the image of uno and possibly its value.
The page is just a proposal thus far. Check it out and give some feedback.
The service would stay up under any marketconditions and would only be temporarily unavailable in case of war or natural desaster in my area and it will only be shut down if i was about to leave crypto (notice would be given before) or in case of my death. So the backing would be as real as it gets.

i think we should keep an eye on the OpenBazaar project and if a decentralized market is indeed possible, we should find someone who can clone it ASAP and then you, me, and maybe some other guys can each list 1kg of silver for sale in unobtanium to get it started.  

the more i'm thinking about a traditional online storefront, the less i like it, because it requires everyone to put trust in one person.  but a decentralized market would only require trust in the crowd...which for something like a precious metal exchange makes a lot more sense to me.

but just to be clear, if you set up a traditional online storefront where individuals can sell precious metals, i would order a decent stash of fractional and one ounce rounds to sell.  i know it would be a break even scenario at first, but i'm looking for the long term payout down the road when uno is worth what we all know it should be.
Philogus

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:07:04 AM

Hi FallingKnife!

I see.

If you're willing to reach out to coinmarketcap (and any other that need it), I would recommend them in this order:

I have a direct contact at cryptexplorer, our newest blockchain. I'm sure he'll do good by us.

I'll also send out some more messages about rockchain.info, but not holding my breath. Since they appear to be unresponsive and unreliable, cryptexplorer seems like the best option to me at this moment.

Okay, thanks for the info FK! I'll contact the owner of CMC and I'll get him to switch us over to cryexplorer.com/chain/Unobtanium. I'll ask him to please just swap us over, and not to temporarily de-list us. I'll post back here when its done.
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:37:51 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 01:57:02 AM by Benefactor

i think we should keep an eye on the OpenBazaar project and if a decentralized market is indeed possible, we should find someone who can clone it ASAP and then you, me, and maybe some other guys can each list 1kg of silver for sale in unobtanium to get it started.  

the more i'm thinking about a traditional online storefront, the less i like it, because it requires everyone to put trust in one person.  but a decentralized market would only require trust in the crowd...which for something like a precious metal exchange makes a lot more sense to me.

but just to be clear, if you set up a traditional online storefront where individuals can sell precious metals, i would order a decent stash of fractional and one ounce rounds to sell.  i know it would be a break even scenario at first, but i'm looking for the long term payout down the road when uno is worth what we all know it should be.

I'd like to participate, too.  I can put up 100oz or more, depending on market conditions/ and the complexity of price fluctuations in these pairs:  Ag/USD, BTC/USD, and Un/BTC.  How is the escrow/trust worked out, exactly?  I know since I'm holding phizz, I would wait until the irreversible Un payment is received or in escrow, and shipping is easy with tracking.  What's in it for the Un sellers?  Do they still get to look to individuals for their trust reputation?  I mean, what's the format of these trades?

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Philogus

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:48:31 AM

Gliss from Coinmarketcap has updated our block explorer to cryptexplorer.com/chain/Unobtanium: http://coinmarketcap.com/
IYFTech

Activity: 686

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:57:41 AM

Hello Unobtanables  Smiley Love this coin.....

Just popping by to let you know I've just put up a public p2pool Unobtanium node:  http://iyftech.zapto.org:9655

Use your payment address & any password you like, eg:  "cgminer -Q 0 -o stratum+tcp://iyftech.zapto.org:9655 -u PayoutAddress -p xxx"

Hopefully we can spread the word about Unobtanium to the masses  Grin

Greets from the UK  Wink

Regards.

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 08:20:26 AM

Like the idea of open bazaar. Would be happy to list my Physical silver and copper gox coins on there.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
voluntarist500

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:57:27 AM

a few short thoughts from me regarding anonymity:
if soopy wants to remain anonymous we should not pressure him to do otherwise. I myself also value my anonymity very much because it protects me.
I am sure as time passes we will find one or more marketingpersons who are willing to show their faces. That also needs to be the right persons. Bryce would be really good for that. If Bryce was willing to lend his name to uno and help it to thrive others could join in showing their face as time passes. Those of us who want to remain anonymous for now (including but not limited to soopy) should have the right to do so.
As regulations and laws surrounding crypto become more clear and less of a unknown hazard i am sure more and more people are willing to let their anonymity go. If a person lives in a state that is hostile towards crypto for example that person has a very good reason to remain anonymous to be able to continue to work in the area.
I agree with soopy on the point that it is about the work and the actions people show - identities are really of secondary order.
Of course it is nice to know who exactly is behind a project but it is not a thing of the first order.  
I am sure as time goes by and regulations become more clear more people will come forward with their identities.
Right now i support the idea of getting Bryce on board very much. I think he is a good guy and would be great support for us when it comes to making uno more widely known.

let's be real about it: in this forum 99% of the members are anon. Not being anon is a risk for becoming a target. Everybody has to carefully decide for themselves if and when they want to take that risk for themselves.
This is still the very early days of crypto.

regarding open bazaar: i will look into that.
regarding price: just stop selling at low prices. My uno is not that cheap Wink - i am sure though as soon as the technical issues are fixed we go flying to Pluto and beyond. Use the opportunity to fill your baskets because as soon the fork lies behind us you will wish you would have bought more at these low prices.

also: let's never stop working on new services and other goodies. We are actually creating value right now. Let's keep that up for the long term. Uno can be and should be up 1000% in the future. 1Uno = 1Ltc is the least that should be expected. Let's make it happen. Keep the goodies coming. This is a great coin and very likely will soon be one of the big boys in cryptotown.  

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
voluntarist500

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:22:50 AM

open bazaar:
i had a quick search.
is this a hidden service on an onion-page or is this a decentralized network like bitcoin where i have to run a special software?
In any case: how can we make sure only metal and legal products are traded if we fork it for uno? We probably can't. I personally am not very keen on seeing uno be used for drugtrades. Let's not get uno involved with illigal stuff too much.
If it was possible for us on the other hand to fork it and still prevent dealing of guns, drugs and porn i would support it for sure. Let's leave the hardcore illigal stuff to other coins though.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:35:38 PM

vote for uno to be added at ccex:
https://c-cex.com/?id=vote
voluntarist500

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:39:19 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 05:03:44 PM by voluntarist500

guys, i need still more opinions for the poll. At least 15 or 20 would be good. I got rid of the groups because richlist told me it is not that important since the distribution of uno is pretty alright.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Unobtanium/comments/23zr4d/opinionpoll_with_the_goal_of_predicting_future/

Just leave your estimate on next 3 months average, next 3 months high, next 3 months low and price on 1st of august here in the thread, on reddit or drop me a pm so i can actually do some magic with the data. So far only one person answered. Please make it 20 so the data is usefull. Thanks a lot. For those who don't want to click links here is the text again:

"Hello Unobtaniumcommunity. I wanted to do a little experiment with you. The background is this: hypothetically speaking, if all owners of unotanium would agree on a price that would be reality then but to just set that price and say nobody sells below that will not be working. Also trust can not be asked for in this market. But the hypothetical fact remains. Some of you may have heard about the 'wisdom of crowds'-theory which states that a group of people together will be able to do cognitive things an individual can not do. Watch this amazing 5minute video from the bcc to understand where i am coming from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOucwX7Z1HU
My idea was to make an opinionpoll for the holders of Unobtanium. The theory is: if i could get every holder of uno to participate and give his/her best guesstimate on future pricedevelopement and afterwards average all the guesses to one number - i think that number must be very close to what the actual price will be. Step2: If this turns out to be the case and all your guesses combined are actually coming close to what the future is and this can be repeated we could give out graphs based on these opinionpolls again and again. If they proove accurate volatility would be reduced a decent bit over time since everybody has a map to navigate on which is based on these opinionpolls and thus on the opinion of the group as a whole. Reduced volatility is something that many coins tried to achieve in various ways. None was able to do it. Uno could be the first coin that achieves it if this method works out. Remember: crypto is psychological
That for an introduction. This is only an experiment and we do not know if this will be successful or not. I think it is worth a try. Your participation is volutary of course but i want to state that the more opinions i could gather the better and more accurate the outcome will be. So what i am asking everybody is to copy the questions below, fill them in and leave your guess as a comment here.
The questions:
guess on next 3-months high: [your guess here]
guess on next 3-months low: [your guess here]
guess on next 3-months average: [your guess here]
on 1st of august this year the price for uno will be: [your guess here]
please use price in btc not usd
If after 3 months we are coming close to what you as a group predicted we will repeat this to see if it matches again. I think this could be a fun experiment with possible benefits for uno (reduced volatility if it works time and time again and it could also generate positive attention if it works out). So i hope everyone takes part. You have 14 days to send the answers before i calculate the results.
"

please help with this. i need YOUR opinion. Best would be to get ALL opinions/guesses/estimates of holders of uno. Thanks for participating.

Philogus

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:21:07 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 08:41:05 PM by Philogus

a few short thoughts from me regarding anonymity:
if soopy wants to remain anonymous we should not pressure him to do otherwise. I myself also value my anonymity very much because it protects me.
I am sure as time passes we will find one or more marketingpersons who are willing to show their faces. That also needs to be the right persons. Bryce would be really good for that. If Bryce was willing to lend his name to uno and help it to thrive others could join in showing their face as time passes. Those of us who want to remain anonymous for now (including but not limited to soopy) should have the right to do so.
As regulations and laws surrounding crypto become more clear and less of a unknown hazard i am sure more and more people are willing to let their anonymity go. If a person lives in a state that is hostile towards crypto for example that person has a very good reason to remain anonymous to be able to continue to work in the area.
I agree with soopy on the point that it is about the work and the actions people show - identities are really of secondary order.
Of course it is nice to know who exactly is behind a project but it is not a thing of the first order.  
I am sure as time goes by and regulations become more clear more people will come forward with their identities.
Right now i support the idea of getting Bryce on board very much. I think he is a good guy and would be great support for us when it comes to making uno more widely known.

let's be real about it: in this forum 99% of the members are anon. Not being anon is a risk for becoming a target. Everybody has to carefully decide for themselves if and when they want to take that risk for themselves.
This is still the very early days of crypto.

Voluntarist500, I agree 100% with everything that you said. I never called for Soopy to give up his anonymity. I was making a completely different point.

What I said was that lay investors would have a lot more confidence investing in UNO if there were a few non-anonymous people prominently backing/developing UNO. Think about it this way: who would you feel safer investing $1,000 with: Warren Buffett, who has a reputation to protect, or some anonymous guy, who can disappear at any time, with his reputation in the "real" world fully intact? Someone credible who is willing to stick their neck out for something automatically gives that something credibility proportional to his or her reputation. If Warren Buffett said tomorrow that UNO is a fantastic investment, its price would increase to several hundred times its current value in a few hours.

My point was that SOME of the recent actions of the INITIAL developers of UNO did a lot to undermine our credibility, making it less likely that a reputable person would stick their neck out for us. Several high profile people/institutions have gone to bat for Bitcoin: MIT, the WinkleVii, Sean Parker, Ashton Kutcher, and Larry Summers, to name a few.

This is a remarkable belief that Summers, President Obama's former Treasury Secretary, expressed a few days ago:
"Summers believes bitcoin will revolutionize the payments system as providing low-cost and fast transactions and it could definitely compete in a current infrastructure that comes with high costs to simply transfer money from person to person, whether they’re in the United States, the Philippines or Mexico."  (Larry Summers former US Treasury Secretary: It’s a serious mistake to write off bitcoin)

Why would someone as prominent as Summers put his reputation at risk to make such a bold statement? He has very little to gain, and much to lose. The reason is that he has a reasonably high level of confidence that the Bitcoin developers/community are not going to f**k him by making him look stupid. He knows that they have their s**t together, so that if somebody fact checks him, there are competent and credible people, both inside AND outside of the Bitcoin community, who WILL back up what he said. The Bitcoin block explorer works ALL of the time. The Bitcoin website ALWAYS has the most up-to-date version of their client up. In other words, they are professionals ALL OF THE TIME. Once you demonstrate that kind of commitment, people will become willing to stick their neck out for you. In sharp contrast, the initial developer and the second UNO developer group gave 100% when it was convenient to them. That is good, but it is not good enough to inspire the kind of confidence that the Bitcoin, and to a lesser extent Litecoin and Dodecoin, communities have inspired. They bring their "A" game all the time because many of them ARE public, and they have real world reputations to protect. For example, Charles Lee, the inventor of Litecoin, works for Coinbase, so if he f**ks up, the whole world will know about it, and he will have to deal with some painful real world consequences. He can't just turn off the Litecoin block explorer, and go hide in the Cayman Islands.

So in certain cases, the lack of anonymity is a very good thing. If we had just one guy of Lee's caliber in the UNO community working on our wallet non-anonymously, UNO would easily be worth 10 times what it is now, and probably much more. Soopy is EXTREMELY talented. He could remain anonymous and work with a team including one guy like Lee. The Lee guy would be there to help technically, but he would MAINLY be there to show the outside investor that we are competent, trustworthy, credible, and PROFESSIONAL.

In closing, when you think of Litecoin:
  • You think of Charles Lee,
  • Then you think of Charles Lee as an employee of Coinbase,
  • Then you think of Coinbase as a multi-million dollar company.
  • Then you think "what are the odds of Charles Lee f**king me?Huh"
  • Then you answer "EXTREMELY LOW".

Who and what do you think of when you think of UNO?
This is the question that we need to think about and answer as a community if we want to convince people that UNO is a worthwhile investment.

I believe that UNO has MASSIVE potential. That is why I invest in it. I am 100% certain that in < 5 years, people will look at UNO in exactly the way that I have described Bitcoin & Litecoin above. I hope that this posting will help to inspire us to make it happen MUCH faster than that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: