Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:26:40 PM

Yeah I guess all of the company profits weren't reinvested in Project Prime, some went to project Buy Josh A Ferrari.  :lol

At least you picked the right Ferrari...maybe when the new GAW ASICs ship you'll be able to upgrade to a McLaren? Tongue

I should really start selling shovels instead of getting my hands dirty down the pit....  Roll Eyes

Have not made a dime from this company yet (I wish), in fact, I have personally invested close to 1m to help lock in a low price for all your new miners Smiley

I have build and sold many other successful companies Smiley
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:44:57 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 07:01:30 PM by kebabman

Yeah I guess all of the company profits weren't reinvested in Project Prime, some went to project Buy Josh A Ferrari.  :lol

At least you picked the right Ferrari...maybe when the new GAW ASICs ship you'll be able to upgrade to a McLaren? Tongue

I should really start selling shovels instead of getting my hands dirty down the pit....  Roll Eyes

Have not made a dime from this company yet (I wish), in fact, I have personally invested close to 1m to help lock in a low price for all your new miners Smiley

Sorry if it didn't come across, my comments were supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. Much respect Josh, as someone who has built and sold a software company I know it's nothing like as easy as people think, not begrudging you the rewards that come from all that work in the slightest! Smiley

I am of course envious of your 458 but it at least shows you have taste! Wink

From my personal experience I can say GAW are a great company to do business with, and how open and interactive you are with the community is very refreshing. Keep up the great work mate.  Cool

(NB: Cynics, I was not paid to write that recommendation  Kiss)
itswes

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:14:02 PM

Sorry if it didn't come across, my comments were supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. Much respect Josh, as someone who has built and sold a software company I know it's nothing like as easy as people think, not begrudging you the rewards that come from all that work in the slightest! Smiley

From my personal experience I can say GAW are a great company to do business with, and how open and interactive you are with the community is very refreshing. Keep up the great work mate.  Cool

Why does literally every post saying something good about GAW also say "I was not paid to write this"
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:15:30 PM

Why does literally every post saying something good about GAW also say "I was not paid to write this"

We get so many positive reviews, that others try to say we pay for them Smiley
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:23:48 PM

I've been a Zoomhash and GAW customer for a couple of months now after GPU mining for months before that.

GAW had some hosting issues for a couple of weeks where they (my Blades) would go down and not restart (for me) when I switched pools or a fail over was initiated. I was sending at least one ticket a day or more. Slowly but surely they have been getting better at this and so much so that I'm pretty disappointed they are not offering hosting for the new boxes right now. I'm not going to go into more detail but I will say that I would do business with them in the future.

Maybe Josh shoots off the cuff too much but overall I don't have any real complaints.
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:29:50 PM

because a lot of haters have come here and said that GAW was probably paying us...
x8008

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:34:57 PM

I love GAWminers also and they always look out for customers.. Any issues you have they will take care of it right away and I will stick by there side for as long as they are around

(I was not paid to write this).. hahaha oh shit here come the conspiracy folks
bobby35ny

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Rather have the car Josh....Smiley
kebabman

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:46:41 PM

because a lot of haters have come here and said that GAW was probably paying us...

^^This. Every post with a positive comment seems to be immediately followed up with an accusation that it was made by a shill, so I was preemptively denying it. Smiley
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:48:15 PM

we're not haters we just haven't been paid
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:02:03 PM

we're not haters we just haven't been paid

To clear some of the rabble, there aren't conspiracy nuts, there are current and currently-waiting customers with valid questions.  Things unanswered:  

If people don't take the Widow deal, what's up for hosting customers?  There is a deadline and no answers there.

They will get to keep hosting

If hosting is stopping for GAW customers, why is it continuing for Zeus customers?  To be more specific, hosting was a big deal for GAW, but our current info says GAW isn't offering hosting anymore but GAW is the company offering hosting for Zeus customers.  It's confusing.

Hosting is not stopping, its paused until our two new data centers are finished.

If we're buying pre-orders, can more detailed specs be released?  Software support?  

We will release that next week.

People are coming out and saying shipping + hosting is getting better - awesome, that means GAW is listening.  But there are still important questions like the above which haven't been addressed.  We hem and haw at each other but questions aren't being answered.

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
kebabman

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:05:09 PM

Fair enough, I'm not a hosted customer so I can't comment on that side of things. Some additional info on the pre-order miners would be nice, but it's not like other companies are providing it...look at FlowerTech, Alpha-T, etc. At least Josh/GAW communicate with the community, even if they haven't answered every open question just yet, they sure seem to be at least trying to be transparent about things.
x8008

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:08:24 PM

Hey Josh will there be something for the hosted customers who bought before the price reduction? I know you mentioned something will happen in the future but does that mean soon or couple months?
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:24:25 PM

Hey Josh will there be something for the hosted customers who bought before the price reduction? I know you mentioned something will happen in the future but does that mean soon or couple months?

Free Fury?
AtomicFrost

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:29:35 PM

Hopefully tonight we'll get a look at The Fury along with the other units.  Grin

Has anyone else had their orders canceled yet due to using PayPal? I know that they are going to be canceled and then we reorder, but mine is still stuck pending. I'm hoping that it cancels soon so the funds are released back to me; I want to get another order in soon. Smiley

maxolo1234

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:34:42 PM

I'm very happy i bught my miner from GAW.
i'm equally happy to use their hosting service and i hope i'll be able to use it for alog time.
I undestand that the price drop can be annoying but it's natural for this kind of product.
regarding service i can only say that the real warmachine is Luke!!!  Grin
Marco
chrisnewby91

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:03:53 PM

Hi josh

You stated previous on this forum that you are going to auto credit the price reduction for anyone that pre-ordered the generation A miners, I recently emailed a support ticket about this got an email off luke saying this is only for units being shipped not for hosted customers is this correct?
volder

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:09:24 PM

Hi josh

You stated previous on this forum that you are going to auto credit the price reduction for anyone that pre-ordered the generation A miners, I recently emailed a support ticket about this got an email off luke saying this is only for units being shipped not for hosted customers is this correct?
I received the same answer from Luke and asked Josh about it. Josh hasn't replied to me yet. I personall can't believe that this would be the case because, as I told Josh, it goes against the very principles he has built this company on. By lowering the price and not offering the credit for hosted customers, he would be just like Gridseed. It's simply not worth an additional $800 up front to have the units hosted vs shipped.

I'm certain Josh will come through though. He hasn't hung us out to dry yet.

Regular Guy™
kskwerl

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:13:30 PM

Anyone on the fence as to whether or not Josh will pull through on his promises shouldn't be. I'm not going to go into detail but I placed a very large order and have been credited the difference, hang tight folks he will come through! If he says he's going to do something, he's going to do it  Smiley
chrisnewby91

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:20:21 PM

Thanks volder and kskwerl it's just the post was a bit sketchy  so I tried to confirm hosted's would also be credited the answer I got from luke is below

Hey Chris,

Made some changes for you and you should be all set now! As far as the price change goes let me look into that for you. I know currently we only have the price match set for non-hosted but I believe that is just at the moment though.

Thank you for your business!

Luke

GAW Miners Team
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: