Bitcoin Forum
August 15, 2024, 04:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine[In Progress]  (Read 64749 times)
Woyzeck

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 11:08:36 AM

I looked at the statistics on tank losses from the Russians here, they were simply colossal over the past year, even in 2022 there was no such thing.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2866
Merit: 1859

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 11:08:54 AM

Soldiers in the front do not fight for cookies (well, actually the Ruzzians are giving monumental cookies for signing in). Again, you do not know enough about why your enemy is your enemy... or are pretending not to know.

You keep parroting this but then fail to address the question why the cookies were given out to Ukraine in the first place before 100s of thousands ended up dying? And now it's time to repay back those cookies with large interest. You didn't really think they were free, did you?

The agency cut the war-torn nation by two notches to CC, the second-lowest level above default. The agency said the outlook was negative, according to a Friday statement.
“The rating action reflects our belief that the inclusion of commercial creditors (Eurobond holders) in Ukraine’s ongoing government debt relief effort is a virtual certainty,” analysts led by Karen Vartapetov wrote.

How much more land do you think Ukraine will have to put up to restructure this debt?

And your answer fails to answer why paying a soldier the equivalent to 3 or 5 years of salary up-front, just to sign-in, is somehow ok for Ruzzia - whose is this war on behalf of? Ruzzians or... you know who?

If you want some short of answer you need to make some short of question. Until now you have published a few oversized pictures and vague comments of a visit.

Morozov meanwhile...

https://youtu.be/q6h5ev4nlE8

Bad news or may be good. The sub hit yesterday is the previously hit Rostov on don. Apparently Ruzzia decided to repair it.. in the same place ...so, unless this is psy-op and a masterful plan... it is simply the biggest stupidity. Not surprising really - is one of many.

Alternative to paying soldiers is to mobilize citizens on the streets with those military vans. Former is preferred, later is an indication of desperation.  

I cannot comprehend the rest of your post. Seems just random word pasta just not to answer basic question.

In other news, Taiwan stocks are crashing more than the rest. Israel is sucking up a lot of air defenses, not good news for Taiwan not to mention Ukraine. Priorities...

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash
Waldorf77

Activity: 169
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 10:41:52 PM

I am surprised there haven't been any threads opened about this yet.

In recent months, Russia has massed hundreds of thousands of troops and other military equipment on the Russia-Ukraine border. It is well known that Russia wants Ukraine to be part of its county, however Russian dictator, President Putin, has claimed that the troop mass is part of a training exercise.

The US and NATO allies are sending military equipment to Ukraine to help repeal an attack, and there is some talk about possibly sending troops to the region.

Update 2/18/22:
It appears there may have been some kind of false flag operation in Dumbas, Ukraine, an area controlled by a separatist group, today, possibly involving an alleged bombing of the car belonging to the leader of the separatist group. It is possible this is part of some kind of false flag operation to create a pretext for an invasion.

President Biden today said he believes Putin has made the decision to invade and will start an invasion in the coming days.

Update 2/21/22:
It appears an invasion has begun

Update 2/23/22:
It appears there are some kind of bombings in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine

Ukraine is not in nato and not in eu russia tought it's for free to go in and nato don't get involved and Europe.
But things Went different way ...so russia knows now that agreements don't matter Putin Will act now without talking or agreements
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1598

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 10:48:49 PM

My post is about your post. As usual, I am not sure if you are trying to not understand: you want me to answer a question that seems to be only in your mind.

All soldiers get some short of pay, what you should ask yourself is why there is an initial sign-up bonus that is different across regions in Ruzzia and is deliriously high. If you recall the communism, salaries were relatively low and the army had some kind of a "cause", like our vatnik here Branko. If you need to pay so much it means that Ruzzians and other in the orbit understand that there is little chance of coming back alive and plenty of chances of getting sent to die quickly. They perfectly understand that there is no "cause" here other than Putin's delirious ambitions.

Anyway, as most people have seen by now, a few f16 have been seen while Zelensky gave a speech. It is interesting that the wings were carefully covered by cammo nets = I would say this is not casual, that they do not want the Ruzzis to know what is in there - a short range AIM, a long range AIM or... a Meteor.

Anyway, there are just a few units, so I would consider this a test. Let's see how it goes.

DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 01:03:51 AM

My post is about your post. As usual, I am not sure if you are trying to not understand: you want me to answer a question that seems to be only in your mind.

All soldiers get some short of pay, what you should ask yourself is why there is an initial sign-up bonus that is different across regions in Ruzzia and is deliriously high. If you recall the communism, salaries were relatively low and the army had some kind of a "cause", like our vatnik here Branko. If you need to pay so much it means that Ruzzians and other in the orbit understand that there is little chance of coming back alive and plenty of chances of getting sent to die quickly. They perfectly understand that there is no "cause" here other than Putin's delirious ambitions.

Anyway, as most people have seen by now, a few f16 have been seen while Zelensky gave a speech. It is interesting that the wings were carefully covered by cammo nets = I would say this is not casual, that they do not want the Ruzzis to know what is in there - a short range AIM, a long range AIM or... a Meteor.

Anyway, there are just a few units, so I would consider this a test. Let's see how it goes.

Following your logic what can we conclude when Ukrainian males risk their lives trying to escape their country, or those military buses catching "new recruits" on the street? Let me make it even easier for you (not that you'll answer, but still).

Can a 30yr old male leave his country if he wishes in: Kiev? Moscow?
Can a 30yr old male living outside his country get a new passport/drivers license/consulate services from the embassy if he's a citizen of: Ukraine? Russia?
Can a 30yr old male who doesn't want to go to the front lines walk freely around without being kidnapped in: Kiev? Moscow?
How many males died in the last 2 year escaping through the border from: Ukraine? Russia?

After you answer those questions, you'll see why we're all laughing at your rhetorical question about military sign up bonuses in Russia.

Can't imagine Ukrainians being asked to suffer through the winter with power shortages, people will force Z to negotiate, so the hot stage of this conflict should finally be over before 2025.

Marseliesa

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 07:25:43 AM

All this money is not endless, the Russian economy is still cracking, sooner or later the money will run out and the soldiers will not go anywhere at all. Take away their money now, they will run away and the front will fall from the Russians. It would be nice
Branko

Activity: 2562
Merit: 321

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 07:57:34 AM

All this money is not endless, the Russian economy is still cracking, sooner or later the money will run out and the soldiers will not go anywhere at all. Take away their money now, they will run away and the front will fall from the Russians. It would be nice

That mantra we listen from day 1...yet:

https://blogs.worldbank.org/en/opendata/world-bank-country-classifications-by-income-level-for-2024-2025

"This year, three countries—Bulgaria, Palau, and Russia—moved from the upper-middle-income to the high-income category:"

"Economic activity in Russia was influenced by a large increase in military related activity in 2023, while growth was also boosted by a rebound in trade (+6.8%),
 the financial sector (+8.7%), and construction (+6.6%). These factors led to increases in both real (3.6%) and nominal (10.9%) GDP, and Russia’s Atlas GNI per capita grew by 11.2%."
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 09:13:45 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2024, 09:33:59 AM by paxmao

Following your logic what can we conclude when Ukrainian males risk their lives trying to escape their country, or those military buses catching "new recruits" on the street? Let me make it even easier for you (not that you'll answer, but still).

Can a 30yr old male living outside his country get a new passport/drivers license/consulate services from the embassy if he's a citizen of: Ukraine? Russia?
Can a 30yr old male who doesn't want to go to the front lines walk freely around without being kidnapped in: Kiev? Moscow?
How many males died in the last 2 year escaping through the border from: Ukraine? Russia?

After you answer those questions, you'll see why we're all laughing at your rhetorical question about military sign up bonuses in Russia.

Can't imagine Ukrainians being asked to suffer through the winter with power shortages, people will force Z to negotiate, so the hot stage of this conflict should finally be over before 2025.

Glad to know you keep your sense of humour, you are going to need it. BTW who is "we"? You troll farm inmates?

I guess you are also trying to ignore how many try not to get drafted in Ruzzia by paying doctors or faking being in uni? And these are not even the ones going to the front... well except those that are "convinced" to sign a contract later.. you know...

Ukrainians leaving the country may mean they value more their families than fighting, they do not want to live in a Ruzzian occupied territory or, simply, that not every Ukrainian in fighting age wishes to fight or be drafted. It is a though decision and the government has prioritised keeping the young rather than the old.

But the fact is that you cannot keep a whole army if there is not a will to fight - and that has been proven historically many times: soldiers will obey orders, but not at any cost nor at any price. If there was no will to fight in Ukraine, there would be no Ukraine. So if you point is that somehow the Ukrainian army is hostage, it simply does not make any sense - it is impossible. You do not believe me... ask the Ruzzians what happens when soldiers rebel, they know...

https://scholarworks.gvsu.edu/gvjh/vol7/iss1/1/

The Russian Revolution was caused by the consequences of World War I: economic crises, and demotivated soldiers. In both cases, governments – the Romanov Dynasty and the Provisional Government that first seized power from the Tsar – were unable to resolve these problems

That mantra we listen from day 1...yet:

https://blogs.worldbank.org/en/opendata/world-bank-country-classifications-by-income-level-for-2024-2025

"This year, three countries—Bulgaria, Palau, and Russia—moved from the upper-middle-income to the high-income category:"

"Economic activity in Russia was influenced by a large increase in military related activity in 2023, while growth was also boosted by a rebound in trade (+6.8%),
 the financial sector (+8.7%), and construction (+6.6%). These factors led to increases in both real (3.6%) and nominal (10.9%) GDP, and Russia’s Atlas GNI per capita grew by 11.2%."

But Branko, the most interesting things are the ones you do not talk about.... you forgot to mention the interest rates.... Why are you not mentioning the interest rates? Let me help you: why do you need to raise the interest rates to 16% for the rouble? Is it because inflation is at 8.3%? Why is inflation at 8.3?... Could it be that you are financing the war printing money like if it where monopoly notes??

These figures are exactly what you would expect when you are burning through the inventory. You can buy a new car, fancy clothes, keep the heating a 24, travel the world... all you have to do is sell the house. In Ruzzian terms, it means running through all the stored cold-war inventory of tanks, airframes that will not be replaced in many years (or ever),  ships that will not be built again... and lately thanks to Ukraine, you refineries and oil storage (which take many years to re-build)...

Looks to me like a self-demilitarisation.

I am not as optimistic as those who say Ruzzia can keep this until mid 2025, but there is a point to it - Currently the war is 40% of the Ruzzian gdp, which is an astronomical figure for a war that is not economically "profitable".

You are not mentioning the increased rate of plane accidents (civilian), you are not mentioning the cut in subsidies recently announced... you are not mentioning the population decrease, the immigration,... well, too much lost in the picture.

DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 03:16:33 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2024, 10:27:26 AM by DaRude

Glad to know you keep your sense of humour, you are going to need it. BTW who is "we"? You troll farm inmates?

I guess you are also trying to ignore how many try not to get drafted in Ruzzia by paying doctors or faking being in uni? And these are not even the ones going to the front... well except those that are "convinced" to sign a contract later.. you know...

Ukrainians leaving the country may mean they value more their families than fighting, they do not want to live in a Ruzzian occupied territory or, simply, that not every Ukrainian in fighting age wishes to fight or be drafted. It is a though decision and the government has prioritised keeping the young rather than the old.

But the fact is that you cannot keep a whole army if there is not a will to fight - and that has been proven historically many times: soldiers will obey orders, but not at any cost nor at any price. If there was no will to fight in Ukraine, there would be no Ukraine. So if you point is that somehow the Ukrainian army is hostage, it simply does not make any sense - it is impossible. You do not believe me... ask the Ruzzians what happens when soldiers rebel, they know...

The Russian Revolution was caused by the consequences of World War I: economic crises, and demotivated soldiers. In both cases, governments – the Romanov Dynasty and the Provisional Government that first seized power from the Tsar – were unable to resolve these problems

Is this the case of accuse your opponent of you weakness? Or are you honestly implying that there are less Ukrainian draft dodgers, cause that would be really funny.

Will to fight (aka morale) is not binary, it's typically correlated with the length of the conflict and developments on the frontline and back at home, but why can't Ukraine just pay their soldiers more like Russia does, did Nuland stopped sending her cookies? Why do you think this is happening, and was this the plan all along? Here's ten F16s but don't shoot too far inside Russia and you won't get money for soldiers so you have to kidnap them yourself, now go defeat Russia, good luck  Undecided

Edit: What kind of leader after considering all this goes, yes i'm willing to sacrifice my people and nation for your global ambitions?

Branko

Activity: 2562
Merit: 321

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 05:26:43 PM

I am not as optimistic as those who say Ruzzia can keep this until mid 2025, but there is a point to it - Currently the war is 40% of the Ruzzian gdp, which is an astronomical figure for a war that is not economically "profitable".

You are not mentioning the increased rate of plane accidents (civilian), you are not mentioning the cut in subsidies recently announced... you are not mentioning the population decrease, the immigration,... well, too much lost in the picture.

LOL, what are you smoking, I want some

Russia is spending 40% of FEDERAL BUDGET on war, not 40% of GDP
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 11:16:24 AM

Is this the case of accuse your opponent of you weakness? Or are you honestly implying that there are less Ukrainian draft dodgers, cause that would be really funny.

Will to fight (aka morale) is not binary, it's typically correlated with the length of the conflict and developments on the frontline and back at home, but why can't Ukraine just pay their soldiers more like Russia does, did Nuland stopped sending her cookies? Why do you think this is happening, and was this the plan all along? Here's ten F16s but don't shoot too far inside Russia and you won't get money for soldiers so you have to kidnap them yourself, now go defeat Russia, good luck  Undecided

Edit: What kind of leader after considering all this goes, yes i'm willing to sacrifice my people and nation for your global ambitions?

I am saying exactly what I said, there are many draft dodgers in Ruzzia and they pay their way out by bribing doctors, university officials or anyone in between. That Ruzzia has to pay staggering sums to get people to go to the front, that some regions meet the quota by bringing people from other poorer regions and sign them in in their region (namely Moscow, St Petersbourgh).

There is a reason why Ruzzia pay up-front... many of them do not last the first month or do not get their salaries ever. Ruzzia needs to dump 30.000 recruits to the meatgrinder just to keep things as they are. Ruzzia is paying to wage a war that is profoundly anti-economic. A massive waste of money and humans.

Re morale, etc... nothing to add, I already said that people who fight do so for a reason and they are there. I know Putin believed their intelligence officers and thought that the government in Ukraine was just for show and people did not care (as they no longer care in Ruzzia). At this point, even you should have figured out that it is not.

BTW the F16 are allowed to shoot at whatever looks like a Ruzzia plane getting too close to Ukraine, wherever they are.

On your cookies reference, same question, same answer: cookies do not hold an army in the front (again, waiting for proof of anything you have said about whoever you think did whatever you think he/she did).

LOL, what are you smoking, I want some

Russia is spending 40% of FEDERAL BUDGET on war, not 40% of GDP

Correction accepted. Unfortunately, I am not smoking anything. Still far from 13% of federal budget spent by the US, which seems determined to be able to win 3 wars at the time.

DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 03:20:42 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2024, 06:01:43 PM by Xal0lex

I am saying exactly what I said, there are many draft dodgers in Ruzzia and they pay their way out by bribing doctors, university officials or anyone in between. That Ruzzia has to pay staggering sums to get people to go to the front, that some regions meet the quota by bringing people from other poorer regions and sign them in in their region (namely Moscow, St Petersbourgh).

There is a reason why Ruzzia pay up-front... many of them do not last the first month or do not get their salaries ever. Ruzzia needs to dump 30.000 recruits to the meatgrinder just to keep things as they are. Ruzzia is paying to wage a war that is profoundly anti-economic. A massive waste of money and humans.

Re morale, etc... nothing to add, I already said that people who fight do so for a reason and they are there. I know Putin believed their intelligence officers and thought that the government in Ukraine was just for show and people did not care (as they no longer care in Ruzzia). At this point, even you should have figured out that it is not.

BTW the F16 are allowed to shoot at whatever looks like a Ruzzia plane getting too close to Ukraine, wherever they are.

On your cookies reference, same question, same answer: cookies do not hold an army in the front (again, waiting for proof of anything you have said about whoever you think did whatever you think he/she did).

So you're admitting to making a negative claim against Russia without mentioning that Ukraine is in far far worse position on that exact stat?

What are the people that get kidnapped in those military buses, or those that get caught trying to escape from Ukraine and then get sent to the frontlines are fighting for? What's more preferential for a country, forcing unwilling civilians to front lines, or financially incentivizing soldiers to sign up? The U.S. Army is offering its largest bonus ever for new recruits with up to $50,000 available to qualified individuals who sign on for a six-year active-duty enlistment. Is that not capitalism?

In response to a journalist's question about the US imposition of taboos on Ukrainian strikes within Russian territory, the American official confirmed that the US stance remains unchanged, even after Ukraine received its first batch of F-16 fighter jets from Western partners.
Day 896 taboos remain in place, why remove them if UA leadership is willing to sacrifice more Ukrainians and can just lower conscription age again and keep on fighting Russia.

Ukraine's desperate need for soldiers spurs exodus of young men...But in the two and a half years since then, Ukraine has tightened security — not to keep Russians out, but Ukrainian men in.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 03:31:22 PM

When you become aware of the current talks between the US and Russia, and that they involve giving orders to Ukraine, you can see that this whole war just might be a sham, designed to hide deeper things from the eyes of the world.

More and more it seems that the Zelensky promoted 'isolationism' regarding peace talks, has been a Zelensky thing all along. Sure, the US might have been in favor of it in some ways, but the US, even in light of the sanctions, has always been talking to Russia and China. Finally Zelensky is breaking down and pushing the idea of Ukraine talking to others... even Russia.

Look Who's Talking: America, Russia, Ukraine, China, and Palestine

https://libertarianinstitute.org/articles/look-whos-talking-america-russia-ukraine-china-and-palestine/
At the beginning of August, the United States and Russia completed a prisoner exchange. The Western media obsessed over two details. One being the fact that it was the biggest prisoner exchange between the U.S. and Russia since the end of the Cold War. And second, that there was a gaping moral inequivalence between Putin and the prisoners he got back compared with the West and the prisoners they got back.

But there are two more significant details that the Western media ignored. The first is that the U.S. and Russia have practically not talked at all since the war in Ukraine began. During the Cold War, the two sides frequently communicated. Whereas during the Ukraine war, the lines of communication have been cut.

Once again showing the motivation to talk to Russia, in an interview last month, Zelensky said, “I feel that not all territories should be regained by hand or with weapons. I believe this will take a long time and involve a significant number of people. And I think this is a bad thing. As a result, I believe we might retake our territories diplomatically.”

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 06:31:45 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2024, 08:59:18 PM by paxmao

Edit to add latest news on Ukrainian "special military operation" in Kust -  advances of 7 km in depth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4NkYrh6kns

So you're admitting to making a negative claim against Russia without mentioning that Ukraine is in far far worse position on that exact stat?

What are the people that get kidnapped in those military buses, or those that get caught trying to escape from Ukraine and then get sent to the frontlines are fighting for? What's more preferential for a country, forcing unwilling civilians to front lines, or financially incentivizing soldiers to sign up?
[...stuff...]

I cannot answer for what I do not say. Your interpretation is yours to justify and your claims yours to prove ... The exodus from Ukraine AND Ruzzia (as usual you only tell one side of the story, so let me help you with that) is know since the beginning of the war... years old news. The article says hundreds of thousands... it is actually closer to 2.5 million.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65790759

Why are people leaving Russia, who are they, and where are they going?
4 June 2023

When President Putin announced a military mobilisation last September, thousands of Russians rushed to the border. Hundreds of thousands of Russians are estimated to have left their country since the start of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine. We look at who they are, where they are going, and why they are leaving.

Svetlana is in her early 30s and originally from a small town. She moved to Moscow at 18 to study physics at university. After graduation she worked as a product manager for various companies.
"I never thought I'd have to leave, I planned to retire in Moscow," she says, "I love Russia and I enjoyed my life."
Russians had been leaving even before the Ukraine war, including those who disagreed with Moscow's annexation of Crimea in 2014 and with new laws that made it easier to punish dissent. Many settled in the Baltic states and other EU countries, as well as in Georgia.
For Svetlana, the full-scale invasion of Ukraine of 2022 was a turning point.
"When the war started, I realised that it would not be over soon and also that people would not come out to protest. I felt both emotionally and rationally it made sense to leave," she says. She is now in Belgrade, Serbia's capital. "I wanted to put as great a distance between myself and the authorities as possible."
Many Russians shared her feelings and what had been a trickle turned into a stream.

As said, if there were no support for mobilisation and an army that believes in what they are doing, by now Ukraine would not exist. It is Putin's and the FSB mistake to think that it was not going to happen. As said, if there were popular support for the war in Ruzzia, volunteers would be flocking for any pay. This is Putin's war in Ruzzia, but it is clearly Ukraine's war in Ukraine. If some individuals break the law, they will be detained like anywhere else.

For example, in Ruzzia is illegal to hold a white paper or to not hold anything, so if you hold a white paper you are detained. If you protest against the war... you get sent to the front.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-protest-arrests/25324619.html

Russians Detained For Holding Up 'Invisible Placards'

Speaking of which, it seems that Ukraine has invaded Ruzzia. I guess they are trying to create a buffer zone to make sure Putin does not invade again by "surprise". I know this sounds like a joke, but it is not. Even Ruzzian sources are confirming Ukraine's advance in Kurst Oblast with at least one locality encircled now.

RE f16... yes... do not worry, they are not allowed to shoot, just as ATACAMS could not be used inside Ruzzia (wink wink).

Mrbuck

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2024, 08:04:11 AM

In recent months, Russia has massed hundreds of thousands of troops and other military equipment on the Russia-Ukraine border. It is well known that Russia wants Ukraine to be part of its county, however Russian dictator, President Putin, has claimed that the troop mass is part of a training exercise.

The US and NATO allies are sending military equipment to Ukraine to help repeal an attack, and there is some talk about possibly sending troops to the region.

Update 2/18/22:
It appears there may have been some kind of false flag operation in Dumbas, Ukraine, an area controlled by a separatist group, today, possibly involving an alleged bombing of the car belonging to the leader of the separatist group. It is possible this is part of some kind of false flag operation to create a pretext for an invasion.

President Biden today said he believes Putin has made the decision to invade and will start an invasion in the coming days.

Update 2/21/22:

Update 2/23/22:

Just without taking any sides pure objective judgement:

To invade other countries its allowed.
Putin only went on this because he was sure that ukraine not in nato and not in Europe Union so the west not gona support ukraine so much.
If country not in alliance with anyone then it can be taken by stronger that's how the UK france and other colonial invavaders done in history.
If Putin was taking ukraine faster and ukraine had not Western help then it was more easy and not so much suffering for ukraine people.
The average person really don't care If he ruled by russia or ukraine the goverment is just goverment.
But what was better before war in ukraine anyways ?
Nothing really.
But the point here is Putin did not know that Western countries Will help someone who is not officially ally of them ...so this show's to china and russia that Western countries don't count on any agreements.
It show's to all the world that nothing counts...today we say one things tomorrow it can be changed what ever way is most beneficial that will be choosen.
magistrator

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 08, 2024, 10:07:42 AM

Guys, what's going on near Kursk? They say Russians are being chased ?
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2024, 10:24:24 AM

Indeed interesting development. On surface another suicidal mission like all of the previous attempts. Russia has around 300k conscripts which it's not allowed to use inside Ukraine, but can definitely use on its own land, so PR move for next few days at great cost to Ukraine. Now let's see why Ukraine is willing to sacrifice it's remaining military force for some PR points now:

Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak announced during a national TV broadcast that the surprise incursion was launched to boost Kyiv's position in future negotiations with Russia, Telegram channel Country Politics reported.

The presidential adviser said Russian losses of territory, people and equipment will positively impact potential future negotiations with Russia in the war, launched by President Vladimir Putin in February 2022.

Heading into this winter with power cuts would be suicidal for Ukrainian leadership (and nothing good for EU), they risks full collapse and revolt from its citizens. So this is UA's last hurrah before they must start negotiations with Russia. Like i've been saying, this madness should finally end before 2025

codIuni

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 08, 2024, 12:39:40 PM

Indeed interesting development. On surface another suicidal mission like all of the previous attempts. Russia has around 300k conscripts which it's not allowed to use inside Ukraine, but can definitely use on its own land, so PR move for next few days at great cost to Ukraine. Now let's see why Ukraine is willing to sacrifice it's remaining military force for some PR points now:

Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak announced during a national TV broadcast that the surprise incursion was launched to boost Kyiv's position in future negotiations with Russia, Telegram channel Country Politics reported.

The presidential adviser said Russian losses of territory, people and equipment will positively impact potential future negotiations with Russia in the war, launched by President Vladimir Putin in February 2022.

Heading into this winter with power cuts would be suicidal for Ukrainian leadership (and nothing good for EU), they risks full collapse and revolt from its citizens. So this is UA's last hurrah before they must start negotiations with Russia. Like i've been saying, this madness should finally end before 2025

Super, well done Ukrainians.
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2024, 01:03:52 PM

Super, well done Ukrainians.

Too early to judge, if the effort somehow manages to destabilize Russia and materialize into something like Prigozhin's march on Moscow, then this gamble will pay off for Ukraine. If after pulling much needed reserves from the frontlines only to waste them on Russian land, and once again just retreat back behind the border in few days, then this long shot also serves its purpose. Politicians need to be able to claim that "we gave it all we had" before conceding in tough negotiations, and it also solves the problem of the staunchest opponents to negotiations, one way or the other. Don't want to negotiate, well here's your chance to prove yourself or STFU. Too much propaganda has been shoved down people's throats to now be able to backpedal and start negotiations without some sort of a climax event.

paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 08, 2024, 02:36:50 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2024, 02:51:37 PM by paxmao

The "suicidal mission" is now equivalent to what Ruzzia can take in more than a month of fighting anywhere else in the front. Yesterday's data shows 18 km of front with a maximum penetration of 20 km.

If there is a nearby negotiation (and it seems Zelensky has pointed in that direction and the last summit in Switzerland seemed to be a preparation to measure positions internationally), there is of course an interest in having as many PoWs as possible and getting as much land as possible.

It also seems there are some strategic objectives around creating a more defensible border and cutting at least one important railway line.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-russia-incursion-kursk-region-putin-b2593051.html
War monitor the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) said Ukrainian soldiers had penetrated more than six miles (10km) across the border, breaking through two Russian defensive lines and a stronghold.

Russia declared a state of emergency amid the fierce fighting, despite seeking to claim that the situation was under control. Russian state media said that 3,000 people have been evacuated from the area.

This does not look "suicidal" to me. You know... compared to what Ruzzia has to throw in the meat grinder for an equivalent result, one would say that you are trying to make it look the opposite. Just saying.

Let's face it: Ruzzia has been caught on the wrong foot... by a lot.

Update 2/18/22:

Update 2/21/22:

Update 2/23/22:

Just without taking any sides pure objective judgement:

To invade other countries its allowed.
Putin only went on this because he was sure that ukraine not in nato and not in Europe Union so the west not gona support ukraine so much.
If country not in alliance with anyone then it can be taken by stronger that's how the UK france and other colonial invavaders done in history.
If Putin was taking ukraine faster and ukraine had not Western help then it was more easy and not so much suffering for ukraine people.
The average person really don't care If he ruled by russia or ukraine the goverment is just goverment.
But what was better before war in ukraine anyways ?
Nothing really.
But the point here is Putin did not know that Western countries Will help someone who is not officially ally of them ...so this show's to china and russia that Western countries don't count on any agreements.
It show's to all the world that nothing counts...today we say one things tomorrow it can be changed what ever way is most beneficial that will be choosen.

Firstly, do not assume that Ukrainians do not mind if they are under Ruzzia or can partner with the EU. It is a completely life-changing decision in liberties, economy, growth,... Under Ruzzia, only Ruzzia gains (and only some in Ruzzia).

I am afraid your "objective judgement" is not really objective. It is obvious that if the war ends less people will die TODAY, but if Putin gets good profit from invading other countries more people will die TOMORROW, because he will interpret that invading is profitable and other countries will not do anything.

Ruzzia invades a recognised country in 2014, just taking the whole Crimea. No reaction. Putin invades Ukraine with the intention of taking all the rest. There is a reaction and Putin has to throw everything they have for little gain.

See the difference in incentives for a future invasion?

Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 »
  Print  

Jump to: