Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:55:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down  (Read 203817 times)
crazy573

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:04:49 PM

As far as I understand you intend to continue to operate bitmarket.eu and in the same time be an advisor to a direct competitor bitalo.com! Isn't that a conflict of interest?
Nope, he wont be using it for trading anymore:
This week the site will be reopened with trading functions removed and its sole purpose will be letting me communicate with all debt holders
I want to buy the source as well. What is your price?
What is so special about the source?
Bitmarket isn't that complicated at all, off course there will be some unseen security measures, but those have proven not to be enough anyway  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:07:59 PM

Nothing. I believe the source can be found on GitHub for free. Just wanted to know what the price is, because mralbi isn't willing to tell us?
M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:16:41 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2013, 02:31:57 PM by M4v3R

@xyz: You misunderstood. The goal is for bitmarket.eu users that lost Bitcoins to get the full amount back (valued in EUR as of day of the announcement that the money was lost). Martin will share more details about that in near future.

It's not only the source code that lets you build a Bitcoin platform. There is so much more to it than that. Especially, if you want to build something entirely new.
xyz

Activity: 1848
Merit: 772

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:40:47 PM

@xyz: You misunderstood. The goal is for bitmarket.eu users that lost Bitcoins to get the full amount back (valued in EUR as of day of the announcement that the money was lost). Martin will share more details about that in near future.

It's not only the source code that lets you build a Bitcoin platform. There is so much more to it than that. Especially, if you want to build something entirely new.

Thanks @M4v3R!

I think the biggest and most important part of the old site are the USERS!!!!
If the new site will integrate them (with good conditions) this would be the best start up!

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
mralbi

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 03:16:52 PM

sorry i was in meetings the whole day and could not react here in the forum, therefore just for clarification:

The investment money is of course not used to pay frozen coins DIRECTLY in any way, it is used to develop a new service. But this is simply the pre-requisite that would help Maciej to pay back the damage inflicted from losing OUR and your frozen coins.

As indicated earlier in the main post, we are still dicussing ways how there might be possibilities to let passive investors participate somehow, but this is a)  legally tricky and b) usually not in the interest of investors who invest new money out of their own (private) savings. If anyone has an idea how this could work in the framework of a german Aktiengesellschaft, just let me know.

These are no bad intentions, this is just the result of an in-depth analysis we did in our (public) meeting in Helsinki. This meeting was btw VERY constructive and of course the whole original purpose of why we met to discuss the reopening the site is to reimburse the damage that comes from frozen coins. This is why all the new management of the new site will work hard every evening besides their main jobs to make this happen while we do not even get salary for that.

And: This solution gives Maciej a fair chance to work hard on this new project for a decent salary so he can make this reimbursement happen.

In that sense of course the projects are indirectly connected (but legally separated). In case the new project fails the reimbursement fails. In case we can make this happen, we all can profit in case the new project is successful:

-Investors might get a profitable site in the future
-old bitmarket.eu users might get their damage reimbursed, as ONLY BY STARTING THIS PROJECT (unless someone has a better idea) we can provide a way for Maciej to pay debts back and
-Maciej, as he can really earn his reputation back and get out of the mess by his own hands and get a 5 star project done
-The bitcoin community, as we want to develop a good trading site that is better than all others.

Please give us all a chance, we promise hard work but it is impossible to create miracles

pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:41:34 PM

as i understood, i can wait for my 2btc from who ?

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:56:58 PM

From nobody. Nobody will pay you in BTC. They have already stated that!

They shall wait until 1BTC=10000 euro. Then with just a small part of the stolen BTC they will repay their debt in euros at BTC/EUR exchange rate in December 2012. This is their "bail-out" plan. Until that happens they shall take salaries from the new website.
pazor
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:00:12 PM

big gangsters -> zypern affair
small gangsters -> bitmarket.eu affair

lol

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
M4v3R

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:11:06 PM

From nobody. Nobody will pay you in BTC. They have already stated that!

They shall wait until 1BTC=10000 euro. Then with just a small part of the stolen BTC they will repay their debt in euros at BTC/EUR exchange rate in December 2012. This is their "bail-out" plan. Until that happens they shall take salaries from the new website.

Wow, you totally nailed it. Now we just have to wait for the 1 BTC to cost 10000 EUR.
Nobody expected that the price of BTC will skyrocket in 2013. It's a lottery, it could drop down to 2 USD again. As a matter of fact, it still can. And if it did, everyone would cry that they want the EUR version. It's just unreasonable for me to pay whatever the current value of BTC, because it changes every hour.
vv01f

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:16:34 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I would like to receive the private key to my account address - can you
make this possible?
The Account should be connector with a new one and I'd accept a fee of 1
BTC for the service - if more People are willing to buy their Key, this
can be a way for you to earn back some coins.
Transmission of the key should be done with pgp encrypted to the
accounts email.
Also in this state I suggest you send out mails to all users with there
current amount of coins in their accounts and inform actively about the
hack.

This message will also be Sent via PM and have attached some details.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEVAwUBUSIsuHsPDkonDMJDAQJrIwgA5WnubPJlJJxo0Fpwogeshp71Q75O6ahH
BVDBQFNGahyqQqlnCHtKbx6bxbb5mnm2gAQxYZM2OizghYdgq3RO40d0rLYWP6qc
XJPREFp1zalVfg9DvKbZ4MHgbjS3ax2jdzdzdVyr1l2PSuTpwT60QU7/r5yq0nC2
sBHmrDrqQCzR3ZJ0tglejDUyNZucYdrDP8pPrs3X5+CYbCmxJ3xmnPeHiVO0LJKu
VFkEfTpZZInDJXLEejX/GdHC2XOu7GiQgnfz7qTfed5V7xCtQCzuRenHIEoQQ4Ow
K+nZiuUUjJzHSRWR8gkkzg1sHGjb5mqQbr++o9HRzecT77mPPT9ZmA==
=u1Ey
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Just to announce this in public:
M4v3r gave me access to the address by securely releasing the private key into my hands. The formerly stored coins had been removed some time ago, so it was blank.
The final deal was: I get the key and the debt (~2BTC) is null. So I gave up any right on those formerly "lost" coins.

Thanks for now, I am looking forward to more information on the new site. And I second the proposal to make a new clean thread for this.
Perhaps the repeatedly asked questions should be summed up as FAQ in the first post of this thread or better on bitmarket.eu as soon as it is back online.

donations to me please send via bitcoin 1vvo1FDwSAwNdLVA1mFkM7v76XPZAAUfb
a good European exchange: bitcoin.de (ref-link)
M4v3R

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:31:55 PM

@vv01f: Thanks. The FAQ will be placed on Bitmarket.eu site when it's reopened. I hope in this week.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:46:13 PM

it could drop down to 2 USD again. As a matter of fact, it still can. And if it did, everyone would cry that they want the EUR version. It's just unreasonable for me to pay whatever the current value of BTC, because it changes every hour.
Wow, I've already seen this same lame "argument" from BFL crooks. There must be one single brain behind all those scams.
mentore

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:58:45 PM

in my opinion, you are just trying to waste time, but in reality no one ever will reimburse our BTC frozen
manfred
Legendary

Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 08:18:38 PM

in my opinion, you are just trying to waste time, but in reality no one ever will reimburse our BTC frozen
in my opinion the success of the new side will depend on the number of "happy" customer. simple maths really, the larger the starting user base the faster it can grow.
tacoexperience

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:29:25 PM

This is such bull crap, excuse my French. Basically you guys were here "finding a solution", and your solution is to create a new website that there's nothing to do with the old, so you have nothing to do with the money owed. As I understand the profits you guys make are not going to be used to pay the old debt.

This is not a "solution", you're just opening a new website that deals bitcoins and that's it. Oh, hang on, you employ some nerd from Poland.. that happens to owe people bit coins from a scam he ran on the internet.. or as it was already said, "technically he doesn't own anything to anyone"..

As I thought, this whole thing was just a waste of time, of my time, reading this s***.

mralbi

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 09:00:43 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2013, 09:27:52 AM by mralbi

OK i see there is a misunderstanding with some posters here. We understand that some people are not happy about these new plans, they want coins back immediately at the current price of 65 USD, but this is simply not possible. And complaining does not help. Please stand up from your computers and come with a better plan or try to find investors that are willing to take over the debts or try to convince the government to bail us out with taxpayers money. If you know anyone who would be willing to do this, please let us know

But just again for clarification:
- the investors are individuals NOT RELATED TO BITMARKET.EU who all lost "frozen coins" on bitmarket.eu. And they lost more coins than the complainers for sure ;-)

- in order to assess the situation, the investors decided to start a questionnaire and meet Maciej in person and learn what kind of a person he is and what really happened. This was a public meeting and everyone could join and bring up ideas (also by email in advance)

- it turned out that Maciej is certainly not a thief as he did not plan to lose the coins. Instead he is a talented programmer + a good designer who is determined to reimburse lost coins to bitmarket.eu users and he showed a high motivation to reach this goal.

- It looks like probability of getting coins back with legal action against Maciej or by harassing him are near zero

- among all discussed alternatives, a new (legally separated) business based on Maciej's code was seen as the best bet for getting coins back for both the investors and other bitmarket.eu users who lost coins

- Maciej's code has a track record of running a Bitcoin exchange flawlessly for many months, and we have reason to believe that the 620 BTC theft was NOT done by attacking the software running the site.

So, in case you have any questions please contact us, but stating that this is an unfair plan will not help either unless you come up with better proposals

tacoexperience

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 12:29:55 PM

Not complaining.. just stating the reality.

I hope someone in Europe takes some of his precious time and take this to court. The fact that this whole scam, the new website, involvement of maver et all is all written here in plain English must give a good lawyer that lives on challenges a game to play, to ensure all these new "owners" are liable.

Think about it, if a business fail, owes money to a lot of people, then a group of people, including the person responsible for losing the money, gets together to open "the same business" under a different name, (generalising, of course, but a bitcoin trade website is a bitcoin trade website), then there is a lot of leeway for connections and liability. Will set a nice new case law.

I know and read everything that has been written here, but you guys "investing" are just plain stupid getting involved on ANYTHING remotely related to bitmarket.eu . Just the fact that you guys discussed it here and found your "solutions" in here already links your business. Gosh you must have no brains. You already lost your money, you're just putting yourself out there to lose more!

OR, maver is really smart..... I'm sure the guy that hacked bitmarket.eu last has saliva dripping seeing all this new $$$$$ coming up..

Good luck..
GsR

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:26:56 PM

Why don't you try to be a little bit more positive in your life ?
At least they are trying to fix something, maybe not in the perfect way, but they are doing something also for people like you.
So the minimum you can do is to avoid sentences like "Gosh you must have no brains" or other like this, unless you are able to come out with a better solution .... but until now I don't see anything from your side except affronts

tacoexperience

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:44:59 AM

You are missing the point though.. What they are doing is not a "solution" .. just are just opening a new business that has nothing to do with whatever happened at bitmarket.eu .. They just happen to employ the person that scammed everyone, and that person can use that salary to pay people back. No difference really that Maver getting a job a macdonalds to pay everyone, is there?

The original idea was the the were going to re-open the business, and use profits to pay back btc owed. That's not what they're doing.. As they stated, the new entity has nothing to do what whatever happened with any other website or scam, that's it.

That's just the reality. I'm not being pessimistic. I was hoping I was going to see something back from what I'm owed, which is not much, thankfully. But they already said that now they want nothing to do with it. So that's it.

mralbi

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 09:06:42 AM

good luck with paying back the debts with a mc donalds job, so whats your plan? How much do you want to invest to bail out bitmarket? ;-)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: