Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:11:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125776 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
as4uz

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:28:57 PM

I can't modify my rig description, it's a temporary issue?I update it and it remains blank.

Thank you!
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:40:20 PM

I can't modify my rig description, it's a temporary issue?I update it and it remains blank.

Thank you!

That's new.

Let me test.

It's just you Cheesy

Try it again and let me know.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:41:31 PM

We get involved in less than 1% of transactions.  The only reason for any involvement was a rash of communications issues from a small number of providers which have since been resolved.   Most of it was the expected vacations, emergencies etc.  So neither support or I are posting from the rented and down report any longer we are now responding via email to providers when multiple tickets are opened.

Overall providers do a fantastic job of running their own business through leaserig.   We have no intention of getting involved beyond working with providers and customers when support tickets are put in.      The majority of support tickets regarding downtime claims are redirected to the providers with no action needed on our part.   IE supports first reply to a downed rig ticket or refund request is to direct them to the providers feedback page and contact information which resolves a large majority of tickets.

I agree with you that we should remain un-involved so long as customers can feel safe working with providers.   Once the onsite feedback engine is complete there will be very little reason for any third party involvement.

All of the above also goes to one of the bigger planned features of customized provider portals so you can remove the leaserig brand and insert your own.  An API would be nice so users like gsupp (http://scryptery.com/) can rent out rigs directly from their own website using the leaserig API.   This is a ways off.   The customization of the provider admin panels are more near term.  This would give providers a much better ability to control their own business.  I know dev will kill me for saying it but something like miaviator.leaserig.net or leaserig.net/miaviator with my own unicorn branded portal for customers (*same for any other provider)
Thanks for the reply. I like what you're saying.   Smiley

Just keep letting me know if we screw up and keep the ideas coming Cheesy

as4uz

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:57:24 PM

Thank you!

That's new.

Let me test.

It's just you Cheesy

Try it again and let me know.

It seems that if the description contains qoutation marks it won't be updated, try putting something like "test" in it and you will see that it will not update, kinda strange.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 05:43:45 PM

It seems that if the description contains qoutation marks it won't be updated, try putting something like "test" in it and you will see that it will not update, kinda strange.

Not strange at all.

Why do you need quotes in the description?

EDIT:  I take that back it should scrub vs drop.  There is a workaround.  But you'll have to put in a ticket.

Monty-Python

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:04:32 PM

Ok, as I have the issue again, I am posting this in public since the helpdesk ticket was rather useless (#362)

I have multiple machines that are connected via the leaserig proxy software. One Windows computer is running the proxy, plus cgminer 3.7.2 (all fine), a second machine runs BAMT with sgminer 4.1.0 (all fine) and a third computer using Windows and bfgminer downloaded here:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1396-download-bfgminer-3-10-0-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-asics/

The leaserig proxy runs with the following comment:
"leaserigproxy.exe [My ID] 4028"

The bfgminer starts with the following settings:
" --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://192.168.178.22:3333 -u GSD -p X -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=850 --expiry 50 --scan-time 25 --queue 1 --api-listen --api-allow W:192.168.178.22 --api-port 4028"

Yes, the Gridseeds are working normally although it seems they are not hashing on this screenshot.

Windows firewall and Avira Antivir has been turned off for testing - no difference. Even with firewall and anti virus software turned off the leaserig proxy software does not get a speed report. Again, the other two rigs are working perfectly fine.

Any hints to solve the issue are welcome. Just out of curiosity: The helpdesk people are doing this as volunteers or is it kind of a job?

PS: And yes, it's a german system and the IPs have been changed by now - screenshots are from three or four days ago. Wink

Rent my rig on leaserig.net
Feedback and status: Link
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

Yes, the Gridseeds are working normally although it seems they are not hashing on this screenshot.

Well it "seems" to show that bfgminer is not reporting correct hashrate on screen so probably not reporting it correctly via API either. And neither of the screenshots actually shows what the symptoms of the issue are. Is LRP saying anything about attempting to connect to port 4028 of the machine in question, any error messages at all?
Monty-Python

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:20:51 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 09:36:58 PM by Monty-Python

Believe me, the bfgminer shows the correct hashrate a few seconds later. It's just a screen after startup confirming that bfgminer is listening on the correct port.

EDIT: The only thing that is strange to me is the following message upon startup of bfgminer:

martynw2000

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:11:39 PM

Hi Monty,

Just so you know, I couldn't get the speed reporting working properly with BFGminer either. I tried all sorts of combinations of port numbers and whatever, but it seems it just doesn't like the API commands. I'm using gridseeds too, so a similar setup I would imagine. Once I switched back to CGminer everything was fine. Also, I noted that when running BFG miner with 20 gridseeds, a few of the gridseeds either didn't hash properly, or not at all. The effect seemed random it was different gridseed units each time (I checked the serial numbers). All in all, CGminer seems to be better (although you have to turn off the damn USB hubs before you run it, which is a pain).

The API commands seem to work fine with the gridseed version of CGminer. Not had a problem since I switched back.
Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:12:28 PM

Okay WTH.
miaviator why the *** are you going into people's rep threads and posting issues?!
My rig was down at one point due to a router issue. I communicated with the renter as soon as I found out, fixed it and then gave an extra hour on top of downtime.
Then you starting posting screens in my rep thread.??

Had there actually been an issue with me not providing support and fixing the issue..

But this? Unreal. Please explain.

You mean the posts that are made and then deleted when the providers respond?
They are normally in response to support tickets.

That would be it alright. Just strange since I contacted him when downtime started and extended as soon as rig was up again (He replied).
And then that was posted 30 min after rig was up again.
Miavator... I think you need to decide what type of service you are offering. Are you a open market where renters and rig owners get together, or are you a middleman where you control the interaction? The original concept with leaserig was the open market where the renter and rig owner interact on their own and conduct business.

If you are going to insert yourself into every transaction, it seems to me that you are going to have to rework the user experience of the site. If you are in the middle of every transaction, then there is really no need for rig owners to connect directly with the customer, to offer better (or worse) customer service of their own, or to build a brand or a reputation.

Other services offer different business models that take service completely out of the hands of the rig owner. The service operator becomes the provider, and the rig owners are not even involved in the transaction... they just provide hash power as a commodity, at market price. I'm not saying I like that model, just brining it up as the other side of the spectrum.

If you are there in every transaction, then we have to satisfy you AND the renter. That is a combination of the two models and could cause frustration for rig owners, and maybe renters too. That could compel people to examine their options and look elsewhere.

All of the above also goes to one of the bigger planned features of customized provider portals so you can remove the leaserig brand and insert your own.  An API would be nice so users like gsupp (http://scryptery.com/) can rent out rigs directly from their own website using the leaserig API.   This is a ways off.   The customization of the provider admin panels are more near term.  This would give providers a much better ability to control their own business.  I know dev will kill me for saying it but something like miaviator.leaserig.net or leaserig.net/miaviator with my own unicorn branded portal for customers (*same for any other provider)

I would loooove if I could somehow rent out my rig trough my own website usbminers.nl, and it would give you a whole lot more hashing power on your website if that is possible.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:54:15 PM

Wanting 100mh at 0.015/mh/24 if ready in next 1 hour.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 11:57:14 PM

I have to say the automatic cancellations suck. My network was down for half hour, worked furiously to replace the switch, only to find all leases cancelled. This hurts customers too, some had locked in pretty good rates for 72 hours. Normally I would have just added 1 hour, everyone's happy.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 12:08:32 AM

Anyone have that hashpower available?

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 12:09:50 AM

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 12:18:33 AM

I have to say the automatic cancellations suck. My network was down for half hour, worked furiously to replace the switch, only to find all leases cancelled. This hurts customers too, some had locked in pretty good rates for 72 hours. Normally I would have just added 1 hour, everyone's happy.

It's actually worse than that. LRP keeps mining on cancelled leases  Angry
Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:28:06 AM

Anyone have that hashpower available?

I have 10.5 mh/s available
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:08:25 AM

I must be part of that ;P
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:17:41 AM

Looks great. Can anyone suggest a profitable coin?
SlipperySlope

Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:10:07 AM

Looks great. Can anyone suggest a profitable coin?

Although I am a rig provider and do not compete with rig renters, I understand that coins such as those featured on ipominer.com might be what you are looking for. Occasionally, better known coins may catch your attention on coinwarz.com.
Monty-Python

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:10:29 AM

Hi Monty,

Just so you know, I couldn't get the speed reporting working properly with BFGminer either. I tried all sorts of combinations of port numbers and whatever, but it seems it just doesn't like the API commands. I'm using gridseeds too, so a similar setup I would imagine. Once I switched back to CGminer everything was fine. Also, I noted that when running BFG miner with 20 gridseeds, a few of the gridseeds either didn't hash properly, or not at all. The effect seemed random it was different gridseed units each time (I checked the serial numbers). All in all, CGminer seems to be better (although you have to turn off the damn USB hubs before you run it, which is a pain).

The API commands seem to work fine with the gridseed version of CGminer. Not had a problem since I switched back.

Tested CGminer for a few hours now and it seems stable regarding to speed reports. PLUS I didn't even need to deactivate the USB hubs. Grin Had to hotplug the Gridseeds though after starting CGminer to be recognised so I am a little worried what happens if the rig goes down for some reason and I am not around. Any idea how to solve this?

@SlipperySlope
ipominer.com is one of the pools I am using in times my rig is not leased. You have to keep an eye on the multipool though as it sometimes is not the most profitable solution but ipominer.com is - in general - better than most other multipools you find on poolpicker.eu. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: