Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:00:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
grippy54

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:39:09 PM

What's this?

"Provider is using automated-refunds and cancellations."

Do any renters actually care about that? If they SHOULD care, how would they even know what it is? Did we tell them what it means or why it's better for them? I know it was a big feature enhancement for the provider interface, but I can't see how it's a selling point to the renter.

Also, why does it warrant a star? Does using this feature make the provider better in some way?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grippy54

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:55:13 PM

Can I add some more feedback on the new UI enhancements?

"Caution: Rig operating under declared speed!"

Does this provide a better experience to the renters? I suggest that it does the opposite. Rather than just telling them what speed the rig is hashing at, we're telling them...

1. that the rig owner thinks it can operate at speed X
2. the rig is currently operating at speed Y
3. the rig is not currently operating at the speed the rig operator thinks it should
4. possibly, something is wrong and you should be afraid

So we tell the renter 4 things about the speed, when all they really care about is how fast it goes. That's 1 thing, and without the fear. Why are we making them do all this mental processing and scaring them away from the product we're trying to sell them? That is a bad experience, brothers and sisters.

They want to know 1 thing, the speed of the rig. Tell them that 1 thing. That can be current speed, 24 hour average (adjusted for algo switches), or whatever... but it's 1 thing. And please... NO FEAR.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:09:47 AM

Using anything other than the immediate hash-rate would cause the clients pools to weigh in on the current speed.  Every test shows that immediate hash-rate causes the least false positives and the most accurate results.  As for +/- 5% it sounds like a lot of providers rate their rigs at -1% to -5% in order to deliver the promised hash-rate even on slow pools.  Keep posting, we'll follow the feedback and see where it leads.

Is this your goal - that everyone rates his rig lower than it can actually deliver? Every provider who rates his rig lower than it actually performs abstains from possible profit. Your current rating system puts even more pressure on the providers as it has an effective influence on leases. From my point of view a strict no-go if you stick to your comment that you want to interfere with rentals as less as possible.

As I posted earlier - trash the current rating system and implement a feedback system for customers on the leaserig website.

May I also add, that the rig is "underperforming" means nothing, since there is variance, and it should be more fair if it was "rig is underperforming right now but was above expected for the last 72 hours".

Yeah, we all know that it means more or less nothing but the warning message is really disturbing, especially when most of the rigs have a clean 24-hour history hashing above the declared speed. And - btw - I hate being "blamed" to underperform just because my hashrate is fluctuating withing normal limits. Wink

Exactly. As others have said, I have put a slight buffer in since day 1 so it always performs slightly better than rated speed.
That does not mean that the hashrate is 100% solid on all pools. And it does not mean that it wont swing below rated speed at times. What it will however always do is perform better averaged out over any lease than the rated speed.
So please consider doing avg over the last 5 min. Anything else is quite frankly false reporting and fear mongering.

Dont get me wrong, I have seen a fair few rigs perform at a much lower rate than rated speed. These should be named and shamed, but this way does need slight adjustments to make it perfect.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:11:20 AM

I just noticed, there's no option to add pool directly from preconfigured pools in owners rig pool management page like it was in the good ol days Angry

When were these good ol days?  There is no option in the code now or in the past that I can find?

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:12:35 AM

Using anything other than the immediate hash-rate would cause the clients pools to weigh in on the current speed.  Every test shows that immediate hash-rate causes the least false positives and the most accurate results.  As for +/- 5% it sounds like a lot of providers rate their rigs at -1% to -5% in order to deliver the promised hash-rate even on slow pools.  Keep posting, we'll follow the feedback and see where it leads.

Is this your goal - that everyone rates his rig lower than it can actually deliver? Every provider who rates his rig lower than it actually performs abstains from possible profit. Your current rating system puts even more pressure on the providers as it has an effective influence on leases. From my point of view a strict no-go if you stick to your comment that you want to interfere with rentals as less as possible.

As I posted earlier - trash the current rating system and implement a feedback system for customers on the leaserig website.

May I also add, that the rig is "underperforming" means nothing, since there is variance, and it should be more fair if it was "rig is underperforming right now but was above expected for the last 72 hours".

The new update is closer to right now.   I believe it will be something like "rig is operating under declared speed right now, please refresh the page or check the 24 hour graph for more details"

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:12:59 AM

LRP for SHA256 is not very accurate. I am not sure how LRP performs with scrypt as my scrypt machines all use the direct api access. But with sha it is a bit of a mess.

My sha rigs on LRP average over 1TH (my stated speed) but it can vary sometimes for a short period down to 900 and up to 1200. I think a little leeway for the LRP rigs would be helpful.

Are you using the "S" flag in LRP?

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:13:07 AM

What does everyone think about not letting rehires to happen for x amount of minutes?

I'm getting more people renting my rigs for 1 hour and instantly rehiring it for additional hours at a lower rate. I like the discount incentive to rehire, but not when it's used just to lower my rates...

That needs to go in the development queue.  Rehires should only be valid for the original rental term?

Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:03:01 AM

LRP for SHA256 is not very accurate. I am not sure how LRP performs with scrypt as my scrypt machines all use the direct api access. But with sha it is a bit of a mess.

My sha rigs on LRP average over 1TH (my stated speed) but it can vary sometimes for a short period down to 900 and up to 1200. I think a little leeway for the LRP rigs would be helpful.

Are you using the "S" flag in LRP?

Yes. Wink

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:19:50 AM

What's this?

Do any renters actually care about that? If they SHOULD care, how would they even know what it is? Did we tell them what it means or why it's better for them? I know it was a big feature enhancement for the provider interface, but I can't see how it's a selling point to the renter.

Also, why does it warrant a star? Does using this feature make the provider better in some way?

I can't see how it's possibly better for the renter. I mentioned a couple of pages back in this thread how a simple network issue - that in the old system would have been resolved by adding an hour - ended up cancelling all my leases including ones where renters had locked in low rates. LeaseRig already controls the payments, it can easily pause the payouts until rigs are back online. The if the provider decides to extend the time it can pay extra (up to the full amount). Why does it need to cancel after half hour of downtime is not really clear to me.

There are other problems with cancellation - it doesn't clean up renter's pools. I think that was reported way back by someone else too. You'll keep mining to renter's pools without getting paid.

All this makes me seriously concerned about the lack of QA and proper release schedule. It would benefit everyone if new features would be announced and put out for public feedback in advance. Frontend/GUI changes that don't affect mining could be open for public testing before releasing to production. I understand that ultimately this is not a democracy but some transparency can go a long way towards everyone's satisfaction and profits.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:45:46 AM

We're fixing the mass lease extension code.

Adding a filter for payment types (Doge/LTC)

?

snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:49:30 AM

What does everyone think about not letting rehires to happen for x amount of minutes?

I'm getting more people renting my rigs for 1 hour and instantly rehiring it for additional hours at a lower rate. I like the discount incentive to rehire, but not when it's used just to lower my rates...

That needs to go in the development queue.  Rehires should only be valid for the original rental term?

Maybe an tick option under each renting plan.. Allow rehire
mpdas108

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:45:42 AM

Can I add some more feedback on the new UI enhancements?

"Caution: Rig operating under declared speed!"

Does this provide a better experience to the renters? I suggest that it does the opposite. Rather than just telling them what speed the rig is hashing at, we're telling them...

1. that the rig owner thinks it can operate at speed X
2. the rig is currently operating at speed Y
3. the rig is not currently operating at the speed the rig operator thinks it should
4. possibly, something is wrong and you should be afraid

So we tell the renter 4 things about the speed, when all they really care about is how fast it goes. That's 1 thing, and without the fear. Why are we making them do all this mental processing and scaring them away from the product we're trying to sell them? That is a bad experience, brothers and sisters.

They want to know 1 thing, the speed of the rig. Tell them that 1 thing. That can be current speed, 24 hour average (adjusted for algo switches), or whatever... but it's 1 thing. And please... NO FEAR.

+1

To those who say "just under report it, like I have done from the beginning!" ... blah.

Actually I have one rig that reports on LeaseRig a range from around 1.96 - 2.44 ( stable 2.18 in sgminer ), but averages at 2.18, if I put 1.96 to be free of the "yellow mark of death" then I will be loosing lots of profit.... no thanks..

What's this?

+1

Yes how does this arbitrarily earn one a star.. that person could offer shitty service, but just because they have opted into your local payments system, then they are somehow better.. I think automation is a draw back from being able to personally interact with the customer and provide one on one support to fill their needs..

What if a simple fixable problem causes your "automated" system to cancel a lease, forcing the person to hire a different rig at a possibly higher price.. so how is that beneficial to the renter, over personal interaction..

mpdas108

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:50:34 AM

I just noticed the pop-up has been removed! A big thank you.  Cheesy

Puycheval

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:53:18 AM

Only valid for renting plans shorter than the first one ?

jytou

Activity: 153

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:24:15 AM

So please consider doing avg over the last 5 min. Anything else is quite frankly false reporting and fear mongering.
I agree about most posts on this subject, and this proposition (avg over the last 5 min) is the best I can think of.

Sure we want to point out the rigs that clearly underperform, but the current indicator is not better than a random flag!
Immediate speed is false since mining speed always fluctuates around a certain value, and we certainly don't want to advertise the low value of the range (for instance my rig is between 4.4 and 4.8, and the 20 minutes average is always around 4.68-4.7 so I advertise 4.6 even though I could advertise a little more, and I would definitely not want to advertise 4.4, that would be a 5% flat loss!).
So it has to be some average of the past. 5 minutes seems fair to me (10 might work as well - I believe we will actually see what is working best with some trial and error), but average on a longer period is not a good thing since the rig might have gone through fluctuating hash rates over the last day (by changing the rig for instance or even switching from one algo to another - scrypt vs X11 is a x3 factor).
mpdas108

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:35:58 AM

All I have to say is.. what the hell... please fix this broken system.  Angry

zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:58:47 AM

^^ lol i feel that pain
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:10:54 PM

Welcome to my world :

hutnik

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:41:13 PM

I just noticed, there's no option to add pool directly from preconfigured pools in owners rig pool management page like it was in the good ol days Angry

When were these good ol days?  There is no option in the code now or in the past that I can find?
Before you bought the service Smiley I'm not saying now are bad days, just a metaphor. Smiley
I think it was there, but I may be wrong.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:49:17 PM

Before you bought the service Smiley I'm not saying now are bad days, just a metaphor. Smiley
I think it was there, but I may be wrong.

You are wrong Cheesy 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: