Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:18:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:10:29 AM

What I've done when they don't set a backup pool and theirs goes down, is add one. Like you said, I try to pick a similar one, otherwise I just make the best choice I can, with the intent of offering them the profits from it. Fortunately in each of the two cases where this happened, their pools immediately came back up and it was a moot point.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:11:32 AM

Rigs MUST be rated below their actual average hashing speed.  Your declared speed must be at least 1Kh/s below the 24 hour average hashing speed of the rig.
Miavator -- Why is this a requirement to lease a new rig?

If I want to rate my rig above or below actual, what difference does that make to you? You're already flagging rigs that are hashing "below" actual, so renters can see that and make their own decision on whether to that rig rent or not.

If you want to make sure that rigs are accurately rated on the site for some reason, I think the best approach would be to pull the rig owner rating off the site entirely. Just show actual hash speed and be done with it.

You want us to pull providers who don't accurately report speed?

I think you may be alone in that.

Dont know about that, I can think of one provider who consistently has a lot of low performing rigs. (Also seems to be doing pretty crap support from reading his rep thread)
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:21:29 AM

What I've done when they don't set a backup pool and theirs goes down, is add one. Like you said, I try to pick a similar one, otherwise I just make the best choice I can, with the intent of offering them the profits from it. Fortunately in each of the two cases where this happened, their pools immediately came back up and it was a moot point.

Aye, created an account using his email, setup a worker for him and emailed him details. (same coin, but working pool).
Cant really do much more.

thanks for the reply
grippy54

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:27:46 AM

The new percentage price modifications are not working for me. It sets all prices to 0.0010  Undecided

Same happens to me.
Same here.
grippy54

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:31:12 AM

Rigs MUST be rated below their actual average hashing speed.  Your declared speed must be at least 1Kh/s below the 24 hour average hashing speed of the rig.

If I want to rate my rig above or below actual, what difference does that make to you? You're already flagging rigs that are hashing "below" actual, so renters can see that and make their own decision on whether to that rig rent or not.

If you want to make sure that rigs are accurately rated on the site for some reason, I think the best approach would be to pull the rig owner rating off the site entirely. Just show actual hash speed and be done with it.

That's not what I'm saying AT ALL.

What I'm saying is, if YOU are going to insert yourself into the transaction to ensure that the rig is hashing at the declared speed, then why allow the rig owners to declare the speed at all? JUST SHOW ACTUAL HASH SPEED. Then you have the accurate speed 100% of the time, and there is no need to torture owners or renters with confusing info about rigs not hashing at declared speed.
chadchow123

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:12:55 AM

SCAM ALERT!

Singular and Leaserig.net are both frauds.

I had leased 21 OCed AntMiners from him for 12 hours for over .23 BTC and did not received any mining.

My pool was setup properly.

Singular takes days to respond to PM's and has refused to issue a refund.

Do not do business with Singular and do not rent from Leaserig.net!
rorbit

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:08:54 AM

Still can't get LeaseRig back up and running smoothly.

I've installed BAMT and PIMP but am getting the same problem.

Everything works fine with one or two pools.  If I add a third pool using the LeaseRig admin panel I get a miner not responding error.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:23:04 PM

What I'm saying is, if YOU are going to insert yourself into the transaction to ensure that the rig is hashing at the declared speed, then why allow the rig owners to declare the speed at all? JUST SHOW ACTUAL HASH SPEED. Then you have the accurate speed 100% of the time, and there is no need to torture owners or renters with confusing info about rigs not hashing at declared speed.

+1 for this idea. Lets just show what the hash is..the go off the 24hr average.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:54:57 PM

+1 for this idea. Lets just show what the hash is..the go off the 24hr average.

I kinda like this (am sick of the way my rig runs at a very stable 3.746 Mhash, but wild variances show up on leaserig). The only concern I have is how downtime would be factored into the calculations. If a leaser doesn't provide a backup pool and his primary pool goes down and it's offline a long time, this would kill our hashrate average. Then the next renter gets a good deal, while we fume. Leaserig graphs/stats exaggerate trivial dips from momentary disconnects and so on anyway, so I'm a bit leery about this the more I think about it.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:04:58 PM

And what about bad pools then?
I currently lease my rig out to a guy who had configured 3 pools. All of which was down and out for 4 solid hours. Got no replies to emails.
Your solution would mean I would be punished for leasing out my rig to a "bad" customer.

As I have said many times, let us set our own speed and then use the last 5 min avg hashrate is as the baseline that is used to compare the two.
rorbit

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:26:45 PM

Everything works fine with one or two pools.  If I add a third pool using the LeaseRig admin panel I get a miner not responding error.

How is nobody else having this problem? 
Am I doing something different?

I've also noticed "Add Pool" in LeaseRig creates a syntax error which means sgminer subsequently can't even load the conf file!!?

It puts a comma at the end of the pool password line which throws an error:
"pass" : "x",

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4926

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:49:37 PM

I've also noticed "Add Pool" in LeaseRig creates a syntax error which means sgminer subsequently can't even load the conf file!!?

As a workaround try adding "pool-priority" : "4" as the last line and see if that works. <<- just a guess and change priority number to what you want it to be starting at "0"

OK where is the link to put my fig on this service? Anyone with a referral link?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
rorbit

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:02:38 PM

As a workaround try adding "pool-priority" : "4" as the last line and see if that works. <<- just a guess and change priority number to what you want it to be starting at "0"

OK where is the link to put my fig on this service? Anyone with a referral link?

I can manually edit it to fix things but that's no use when a customer is adding pools.  For the record, the syntax error does not occur when using cgminer.

The customer can only add a max of two pools by the looks of things so if I'm careful not to add any extra pools then the customer should never be locked out (hopefully) which was my main concern.
jytou

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:56:15 PM

And what about bad pools then?
I currently lease my rig out to a guy who had configured 3 pools. All of which was down and out for 4 solid hours. Got no replies to emails.
Your solution would mean I would be punished for leasing out my rig to a "bad" customer.

As I have said many times, let us set our own speed and then use the last 5 min avg hashrate is as the baseline that is used to compare the two.

+1
It would be too easy to trick the system otherwise.
jytou

Activity: 153

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:59:22 PM

Sorry for not coming back here earlier - the js glitch on the percentage is fixed now. Thanks!
hutnik

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:15:03 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 06:29:39 PM by hutnik

question to providers: Do customers leave you feedback often?
Last feedback I got was month+ ago, and that was probably because I sent him email with some useless stats like found blocks and how many times he have changed pools etc.... and politely asked him for feedback.
Offering +time on lease if the leave feedback also didn't work Cheesy

I know there's button for "leave feedback" in customers lease history, tho it seems like no one cares about that, and sending email and asking for feedback feels wrong to me :/

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 06:42:22 PM

question to providers: Do customers leave you feedback often?
Last feedback I got was month+ ago, and that was probably because I sent him email with some useless stats like found blocks and how many times he have changed pools etc.... and politely asked him for feedback.
Offering +time on lease if the leave feedback also didn't work Cheesy

I know there's button for "leave feedback" in customers lease history, tho it seems like no one cares about that, and sending email and asking for feedback feels wrong to me :/

I think you should consider that no feedback is good feedback. Begging for it might have unintended consequences.
rorbit

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:48:15 PM

I can manually edit it to fix things but that's no use when a customer is adding pools.  For the record, the syntax error does not occur when using cgminer.

The customer can only add a max of two pools by the looks of things so if I'm careful not to add any extra pools then the customer should never be locked out (hopefully) which was my main concern.

Ah balls.  Just tested this by renting my own rig.  I can add up to 8 pools as a customer once the rig is rented but as soon as I add the third pool I get locked out of the admin screen with the miner not responding error.  This is useless.  I can't rent out the rig like this.
mikk2k2

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:31:03 AM

Has anybody been able to use p2p Pools while leasing their rigs? For the life of me I can't get it to work! It's stratum so it should work...just comes up Dead. Anybody else having this kind of issue?

Also a few requests,

-Do we think it would be possible to have an email notification for providers notifying them if their rig drops below their declared speed for more than say 5/10 minutes?
-I'd quite like to see a graph of rent earned over a week/month - maybe with the ability to add in electric costs?
-I'd also like to see more coins accepted, BC, DRK, HIRO etc
-Is the provider login page slowly getting removed so we just have one login page? Seems to make more sense.
-Can we alter the speed algorithm that works out if you're above or below your declared speed so we don't get the (!) mark on your rig when Declared speed exactly equals Current speed (simple greater than or equal to declared speed argument)
-If we can't get p2p pools on rented rigs. GET P2P POOLS ON RENTED RIGS - missing a massive market!

Best Regards.

M

Rent My Rig: Lexie       Trust Thread: Here       Cloud Mining: Trade Ghs/BTC Here    LeaseRigs: Here
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:48:25 AM

Has anybody been able to use p2p Pools while leasing their rigs? For the life of me I can't get it to work! It's stratum so it should work...just comes up Dead. Anybody else having this kind of issue?

M

Same issue. Using LRP by any chance?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: