Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:15:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125776 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 07:55:38 PM

LeaseRig.net will be momentarily unavailable for maintenance at (UTC) 8:00PM Thursday, May 1, 2014 (UTC)
All active leases will continue without interruption!

I believe this is all bugs and back-end features for some of the larger feature sets you've asked for.

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:11:06 PM

is it just me, or is it becoming more difficult to lease rigs at the moment?

I have this perception as well; I've cut prices to maintain my relative position in the pricing order but haven't had any hires lately.

Is there a page that explains all the changes going on? I keep seeing reference to new stuff like 2 factor authentification (can we use it if we don't carry a cell phone?) and new payment policies and so forth, but can't find anything that really explains them or how to sign up for them. I'm probably dropping out soon as ASICs drive things lower (.0025 BTC/MH is my break-even point), but just in case I'd like to know.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 09:50:38 PM

New changes are in the help desk.

If anything isn't clear it can be modified.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 12:08:39 AM

Nothing on the new menus?

No one tried hit a page that doesn't exist yet?

salsamoves

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:42:16 AM

I ******** hate captchas... Honestly.. Anything else, blood samples, urine I really don't care..
Please just remove it.

Those with numbers are fine, but the ones with one good word and some gibberish.... I don't even try those.

Dunno why is that that sometimes I get numbers, sometimes I don't.  Huh
I agree, if we have to have this the numbers are much better.
agree
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:48:58 AM

I ******** hate captchas... Honestly.. Anything else, blood samples, urine I really don't care..
Please just remove it.

Those with numbers are fine, but the ones with one good word and some gibberish.... I don't even try those.

Dunno why is that that sometimes I get numbers, sometimes I don't.  Huh
I agree, if we have to have this the numbers are much better.
agree
I agree as well, the letters are unintelligible on one every time. I don't know how I get them right (or if it is just letting anything pass?)

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:24:10 AM

First off, I just joined up a couple days ago....

I gotta hand it to you guys a LeaseRig.net
This is the type of renting services website Ive wanted to see for a long time.
Providers having direct control over their prices, timeframes, ads, & service.
Renters having direct control(mining directly on providers cg/bfg/sg miner rigs) all the while still playin the market game =)
Communication between providers & renters.

*a means for providers to get some decent community reputation as well!

Its absolutely fucking brilliant what you guys have made!
I wish and hope something like this or even this would destroy cex.io!!!!

Thanks a ton!!!

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:47:13 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 01:04:45 PM by helipotte

Anyone else having trouble with LRP connecting to eligius?  I have it set to port 12234 but have recently been getting messages indicating it can't connect.

Is LRP due for an update?

Anyone?  Also port 12234 on this pool no longer works.  Port 3334, constant disconnect/reconnect.

Edit: LRP working now.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:45:14 PM

Anyone else having trouble with LRP connecting to eligius?  I have it set to port 12234 but have recently been getting messages indicating it can't connect.

Is LRP due for an update?

Anyone?  Also port 12234 on this pool no longer works.  Port 3334, constant disconnect/reconnect.

Edit: LRP working now.

Any idea what the issue was?

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 07:19:15 PM

<- Get $5 just for registering! 31 MH/s Scrypt

Has anyone collected that bounty from DarkKnight?  It's not offered by leaserig.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 09:59:04 PM

Mining Rigs without a location specified will no longer show up on the homepage as of the next code release. 

cryptofunk

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:19:24 AM

I'm sorry but the new owners made this site crap, I didn't think I would see the day where LeaseRig would be worse than BetaRigs but this days is long gone.  From the under performing crap (when the proxy still doesn't report proper speed with LOTS of variance) they are shooting providers in the foot.  That crazy login screen is also driving me nuts and is likely also driving customers away, you need to type that impossible password and stupid number all the time, how about keeping that for when people are ready to make a purchase.

I've moved back to BetaRig and started giving some hash power to NiceHash, at least they can read my speed properly and I don't have to login 15 times a day.  MiningRigRentals is also a step above in my view although it's not as popular.  

Most of the big rigs are gone and it's pretty obvious why, you won't fix your stupid proxy and then still keep that underperforming rig crap when rigs are running smootly at their posted speed.  How hard is it to do a 3, 5 or 10 (depending on the vardiff) minute sliding average?  Or come up with a median?!

You're keeping busy implementing useless administrative crap when all you needed to secure was payment with 2FA instead of annoying everyone with your stupid "control freak"  list of features.  Why spend time fixing what's been annoying everyone for weeks and months if we can add more annoyances for everyone?

Moving on, I suggest you do the same.
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:23:43 AM

I'm sorry but the new owners made this site crap, I didn't think I would see the day where LeaseRig would be worse than BetaRigs but this days is long gone.  From the under performing crap (when the proxy still doesn't report proper speed with LOTS of variance) they are shooting providers in the foot.  That crazy login screen is also driving me nuts and is likely also driving customers away, you need to type that impossible password and stupid number all the time, how about keeping that for when people are ready to make a purchase.

I've moved back to BetaRig and started giving some hash power to NiceHash, at least they can read my speed properly and I don't have to login 15 times a day.  MiningRigRentals is also a step above in my view although it's not as popular.  

Most of the big rigs are gone and it's pretty obvious why, you won't fix your stupid proxy and then still keep that underperforming rig crap when rigs are running smootly at their posted speed.  How hard is it to do a 5 minute sliding average? 

Meh...I came to LR over all the other to become a provider and as a rental, b/c they have a nice system, responsive admin(s), constantly upgrading, and maybe unnecessary security. But none the less, I know that I will get what I pay for and or get rented for from LeaseRig. The same cannot be said for the others.
cryptofunk

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:32:52 AM

Most of the big rigs are gone and it's pretty obvious why, you won't fix your stupid proxy and then still keep that underperforming rig crap when rigs are running smootly at their posted speed.  How hard is it to do a 5 minute sliding average?  

Meh...I came to LR over all the other to become a provider and as a rental, b/c they have a nice system, responsive admin(s), constantly upgrading, and maybe unnecessary security. But none the less, I know that I will get what I pay for and or get rented for from LeaseRig. The same cannot be said for the others.

I never had issue getting refunds from BetaRigs, I had lots of issues with LR when renting rigs, especially rigs using LR proxy.

The Proxy doesn't play nice with some pools and Djezo and the Owners don't seem to care.  The proxy reuses the same Worker/Pass for every rigs connected to the proxy, this makes some pools drop the connections.  Speed reporting has always been an issue unless you were able to give API access for LRP to your miner.

I've lost good amount of BTC with that sort of things on LR, LR never compensated me for anything neither the owners, it's a cash cow and operated as such.

I think NiceHash has a better business model, you pay for Accepted Hashrate rather than blindly pay for something you know the owner will never have your back for.  It needs some tweaking but I think that's the model that will be accepted by the community as it is the most fair for all parties involved.  You pay for what you get and you get paid for what you've actually provided, you don't have to deal with sites that hide behind their disclaimers and take deposits but won't ever use the deposits to compensate any customers.
zneww

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:37:07 AM

Most of the big rigs are gone and it's pretty obvious why, you won't fix your stupid proxy and then still keep that underperforming rig crap when rigs are running smootly at their posted speed.  How hard is it to do a 5 minute sliding average? 

I never had issue getting refunds from BetaRigs, I had lots of issues with LR when renting rigs, especially rigs using LR proxy.

The Proxy doesn't play nice with some pools and Djezo and the Owners don't seem to care.  The proxy reuses the same Worker/Pass for every rigs connected to the proxy, this makes some pools drop the connections.  Speed reporting has always been an issue unless you were able to give API access for LRP to your miner.

I've lost good amount of BTC with that sort of things on LR, LR never compensated me for anything neither the owners, it's a cash cow and operated as such.

I think NiceHash has a better business model, you pay for Accepted Hashrate rather than blindly pay for something you know the owner will never have your back for.  It needs some tweaking but I think that's the model that will be accepted by the community as it is the most fair for all parties involved.

I do not use LRP, it's simple enough to use a direct connection. After your first problem with the LRP, then next times are your fault.

Djezo does not own LR anymore. Miaiviator does if I am not mistaken.

I've NEVER had problems with refunds or cancellations etc...

You are not blindly paying an owner, we all have rep threads. It is your fault if you pick a bad provider, not LR's. If I see the same person renting my rig, I will throw them +30 minutes, or so. I also have a rehire bonus.

So, don't blame LeaseRig for your own ignorance.

Have a good one...

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:55:47 AM

If anyone knows whats going on here...
I have setup API to point to my antminers, confirmed outside API access is working...
I go to leaserig.net's test site and this is the result...

Testing command "summary"... FAILED
STATUS=S,When=1399081685,Code=11,Msg=Summary,Description=cgminer 4.2.2a|SUMMARY,Elapsed=16971,GHS 5s=197.10,GHS av=199.93,Found Blocks=0,Getworks=600,Accepted=3023,Rejected=3,Hardware Errors=6387,Utility=10.69,Discarded=14540,Stale=0,Get Failures=0,Local Work=499518,Remote Failures=0,Network Blocks=22,Total MH=3393012469.0000,Work Utility=2793.02,Difficulty Accepted=773888.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=768.00000000,Difficulty Stale=0.00000000,Best Share=1432204,Device Hardware%=0.8020,Device Rejected%=0.0972,Pool Rejected%=0.0991,Pool Stale%=0.0000,Last getwork=1399081685,MHS av=199927.26,MHS 5s=197098.08,MHS 1m=201692.09,MHS 5m=200584.22,MHS 15m=199883.52|

I dont get how thats FAILED?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
cryptofunk

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:57:28 AM

I do not use LRP, it's simple enough to use a direct connection. After your first problem with the LRP, then next times are your fault.

You are not blindly paying an owner, we all have rep threads. It is your fault if you pick a bad provider, not LR's. If I see the same person renting my rig, I will throw them +30 minutes, or so. I also have a rehire bonus.

Have a good one...

Then stick with them  Wink I'm telling you why the big rigs are gone and why people complain about people not renting as much on LR anymore.  My rigs rents just fine now that I left the site two or three weeks ago.  Your comment about the reputation threads, come on.. you know as well as I do that the BetaRig reputation system is 10x better as it's in your face when you rent the rig and a bad comment affects the owner a lot more than it does on LR.
zneww

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:43:50 AM

Have a good one...

Then stick with them  Wink I'm telling you why the big rigs are gone and why people complain about people not renting as much on LR anymore.  My rigs rents just fine now that I left the site two or three weeks ago.  Your comment about the reputation threads, come on.. you know as well as I do that the BetaRig reputation system is 10x better as it's in your face when you rent the rig and a bad comment affects the owner a lot more than it does on LR.

I will. The "hours rented" for all the rigs, says it all. I don't really need to say anything else to you as you obviously have a hard on for BetaRigs...
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:44:19 AM

nevermind seemed to have figured it out. Looks like leaserig doesnt support cgminer api v3.3 =/
At least, not on my ants, had to put them back to an earlier 3.x build of cgminer

cryptofunk

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:25:49 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 12:53:10 PM by cryptofunk

I will. The "hours rented" for all the rigs, says it all. I don't really need to say anything else to you as you obviously have a hard on for BetaRigs...

I actually prefer MRR for leasing and NiceHash as it comes to business model and fairness for all parties involved and believes that whoever creates the hybrid of both sites will be winning the game (basically contracting for a number of accepted shares instead of hashrate that may or many not happen). This way, it doesn't really matter if a GPU goes down and it takes the owner/customer 6 hours to realized it, the contract will end whenever it reaches the target number of diff 1 accepted share number (with hashrate and duration you can calculate the number of diff1 shares and normalize it to 96-98% to account for typical rejection ratios).  Some safeguards would be needed to avoid bots in the middle pretending that all shares are rejected but that's something that is easy to detect.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: