Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:21:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125776 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mikk2k2

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:00:46 PM

Morning guys,

I had problems over night with the rig not showing the correct speed on LR though when I came to check CGminer no issues at all - anybody seen anything similar?

I know. Same here, open a ticket, they then connected my miner to a additional debug thing to try and find out the problem.

This is fixed on the current build.   It's pending roll-out right now.

Is this going to impact on my star rating now? it's been on hire since this and has brought the average down??

Rent My Rig: Lexie       Trust Thread: Here       Cloud Mining: Trade Ghs/BTC Here    LeaseRigs: Here
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 01:58:27 PM

If a renter only lists one pool and it goes down, does it count against our Stability number, or will it cause a lease to be canceled? If someone forgets a backup pool is there any way we can set something for them within the system to help cover them? There was some discussion here a while back about creating a mining account for a renter on a pool and emailing them the login info/password in case this happened, but that would be a big hassle for what is generally a minor problem. Some kind of automated or semi-automated fallback method might be a nice touch for forgetful renters.

What determines a lease cancellation, is it ~20-30 minutes of downtime?

Stability is based on the rigs contact with LR as long as the rig is up even it isn't hashing stability is counted.  We are working on requiring two working pools prior to officially starting a rental.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 01:59:33 PM

Miaviator, can you make the line
Provider   Rig Name   Rating   BTC/MH/day   Hours   Stability   Rated   Current
Clickable, to sort the rigs on f.e. Provider name, Rigname, rating, speed etc.

This is also in the works.  It was live on a dev system before the feedback engine was put in.  I believe it just needs to be rebuilt and alpha/beta tested now.  

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 02:00:26 PM

A request from the provider standpoint. Small but would make remote managed rigs a bit easier to run. Can you make it so when you make a change to your personal pools it send the information out and changes them in LeaseRigProxy. I know you can edit the pools file but it would be a little bit of a time save to be able to do it from the provider page. Maybe a Update remote pool button that is not available if the rig is rented. Right now the only time the pools are updated from the site is on rental/End of rental.

Not sure if I explained this well. I hope you understand it.

I don't understand.  When you change default pools on the provider page the file isn't saved?  What is the current and expected behavior in terms of provider action and rig action?

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 02:01:32 PM

A request from the provider standpoint. Small but would make remote managed rigs a bit easier to run. Can you make it so when you make a change to your personal pools it send the information out and changes them in LeaseRigProxy. I know you can edit the pools file but it would be a little bit of a time save to be able to do it from the provider page. Maybe a Update remote pool button that is not available if the rig is rented. Right now the only time the pools are updated from the site is on rental/End of rental.

Miaviator, can you make the line
Provider   Rig Name   Rating   BTC/MH/day   Hours   Stability   Rated   Current
Clickable, to sort the rigs on f.e. Provider name, Rigname, rating, speed etc.

Both great ideas!

I'd also like to see groestl added as a rental group.

Still in the works.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 02:01:55 PM

Morning guys,

I had problems over night with the rig not showing the correct speed on LR though when I came to check CGminer no issues at all - anybody seen anything similar?

I know. Same here, open a ticket, they then connected my miner to a additional debug thing to try and find out the problem.

This is fixed on the current build.   It's pending roll-out right now.

Is this going to impact on my star rating now? it's been on hire since this and has brought the average down??

Your star rating is based entirely on customer feedback.

mikk2k2

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:37:59 PM

I don't understand.  When you change default pools on the provider page the file isn't saved?  What is the current and expected behavior in terms of provider action and rig action?

I believe he is talking about the difference between default pools and pools that are used when rented. It'd be nice if you could automatically fill the pools list after a rental with more than just the two default pools. i personally have a few pools that I mine and have to re-fill the pools list after every rental manually...

Rent My Rig: Lexie       Trust Thread: Here       Cloud Mining: Trade Ghs/BTC Here    LeaseRigs: Here
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 02:44:05 PM

I believe he is talking about the difference between default pools and pools that are used when rented. It'd be nice if you could automatically fill the pools list after a rental with more than just the two default pools. i personally have a few pools that I mine and have to re-fill the pools list after every rental manually...

If that's the case it should be upcoming.  The active pools system should be integrated into the provider pages at some point.  This would allow providers to use the same pool system as renters.

mikk2k2

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:08:23 PM

If that's the case it should be upcoming.  The active pools system should be integrated into the provider pages at some point.  This would allow providers to use the same pool system as renters.

Perfect - May I add, bloody good work that you and your team are doing. Actually listening to what people want! Refreshing!

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:41:22 PM

A little request also.

When you go to 'My Account' could you add the current balances for all coins to that page.

Currently have to click on BTC, then LTC then DOGE to see them individually.

lixxy

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:01:16 PM

Can someone link me to a guide/tutorial on how to provide my rig? 8MH/s on X11 that I'd like to rent out. Thanks!
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:58:45 PM

Can someone link me to a guide/tutorial on how to provide my rig? 8MH/s on X11 that I'd like to rent out. Thanks!

Please search around before asking.
http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/1000106844

miaviator, Can you add something that says "Rig ratings are a new feature, so rigs with no rating does not mean it's bad."??
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:11:34 PM

If a renter only lists one pool and it goes down, does it count against our Stability number, or will it cause a lease to be canceled? If someone forgets a backup pool is there any way we can set something for them within the system to help cover them? There was some discussion here a while back about creating a mining account for a renter on a pool and emailing them the login info/password in case this happened, but that would be a big hassle for what is generally a minor problem. Some kind of automated or semi-automated fallback method might be a nice touch for forgetful renters.

What determines a lease cancellation, is it ~20-30 minutes of downtime?

Stability is based on the rigs contact with LR as long as the rig is up even it isn't hashing stability is counted.  We are working on requiring two working pools prior to officially starting a rental.

Great, that will work.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
lixxy

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:16:32 PM

miaviator, Can you add something that says "Rig ratings are a new feature, so rigs with no rating does not mean it's bad."??

I've read all of those and found the instructions unclear. The LRP method seemed to be easiest, however:

1. Extract all files.
2. Open pools.conf and configure your starting pools.
3. Edit run.bat file - change PUT-YOUR-ID-HERE with ID you get on admin panel.
4. Double click run.bat to run it.

What does "ID you get on admin panel" refer to? What admin panel? Also, do I just start mining like this and my rig is automatically up for rent then or do I need to take any further steps on the website? What determines the price to rent it? What is a "starting pool"? Do I simply decide which pool to point my rig to and then rent out the profits/hashes to those pool by using the proxy? I'm just trying to clear up some questions that in my opinion haven't really been answered clearly (it will surely help attract more customers too). Thanks!
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

I've read all of those and found the instructions unclear. The LRP method seemed to be easiest, however:

1. Extract all files.
2. Open pools.conf and configure your starting pools.
3. Edit run.bat file - change PUT-YOUR-ID-HERE with ID you get on admin panel.
4. Double click run.bat to run it.

What does "ID you get on admin panel" refer to? What admin panel? Also, do I just start mining like this and my rig is automatically up for rent then or do I need to take any further steps on the website? What determines the price to rent it? What is a "starting pool"? Do I simply decide which pool to point my rig to and then rent out the profits/hashes to those pool by using the proxy? I'm just trying to clear up some questions that in my opinion haven't really been answered clearly (it will surely help attract more customers too). Thanks!

The LRP method is the easiest and worst (in my opinion).
Also, you clearly haven't read all of them.
http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000040604-how-to-apply-as-a-provider-to-rent-your-rigs-on
Trestle

Activity: 102

Rockem Sockem

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:03:24 PM

From the providers page using LRP if I change my default pool when my rig is not leased it does not automaticlly send that information to my rig to switch. I need to go into the LRP pools.conf and manually edit the pool in and restart it to make it switch pools.

http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=2539 - Leash the Hash power you need to dominate coins.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:13:01 PM

A little request also.

When you go to 'My Account' could you add the current balances for all coins to that page.

Currently have to click on BTC, then LTC then DOGE to see them individually.

I like that idea.

On the list.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:13:38 PM

From the providers page using LRP if I change my default pool when my rig is not leased it does not automaticlly send that information to my rig to switch. I need to go into the LRP pools.conf and manually edit the pool in and restart it to make it switch pools.

It sounds like you are not interfacing with the cgminer api?

Or is this cudaminer/cpuminer?

Trestle

Activity: 102

Rockem Sockem

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:22:26 PM

It sounds like you are not interfacing with the cgminer api?

Or is this cudaminer/cpuminer?

It is sgminer. It is does work correctly when someone leases the rig, it changes to the customers pool. When the lease is over it changes the pool back to what I have in for my pool. However if I want to change my pool between rentals it does not send the information when I change it on the site. The site accepts it and will change it at the end of the next lease made but if I want to change the pool before I get another lease I need to do it manually.

http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=2539 - Leash the Hash power you need to dominate coins.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:48:27 PM

Have had some issues with the proxy server this last week.

One of my leases was automatically cancelled and the renter was refunded, this worked fine however it still kept mining at his pools and didn't return to mine, so they ended up getting 1.3TH for several hours free as it happened during the night.

It seems to get stuck in some sort of loop, I don't know if it's an issue with certain pools* but what happens is the rig connects to the pool, you get a message saying pool diff set to say 32, then you get lines showing the speed of the miner for a couple of minutes, no shares are reported as being submitted, then it disconnects and the process starts again.

Restarting the machines doesn't cure it, restarting the proxy doesn't cure it.

* When I asked the renter to swap pools it started working again (the possible bad pool is 'stratum+tcp://cure.cryptopools.com:3347 in case you want to test)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: