Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:38:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 02:58:02 AM

Just noticed the addition, many thanks Smiley

While I'm here, the previous update said
New maximum short term rental time 1 week (168 hours)

Still only shows at 72 hours max on mine, tried adding one longer than 72 just in case and it wouldn't accept it

You can call it a Post-Beta / Pre-Full-Deployment feature.

The maximum short term rental time was extended to 168 hours *Only for dynamic hours rental plans.

The minimum hourly contract price was reduced to 2,000 Satoshis *Only for local-pay providers

The 168 option may or may not be deployed in full.  You can always let us know your opinions so we have a community voice to go by Cheesy

xmk3

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:02:02 AM

Can't seem to Log in are you guys still working?

Works for me. Did you forget your own password?

Nope - captcha is back too?

The captcha has always been there, but it only shows up after a bad password attempt.  Cheesy

(Keeps folks from brute force cracking your login.)
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:08:20 AM

Upcoming Features Ideas:  Feedback wanted.

Dynamic price rental plan: The ability to create a rental plan either using static or dynamic hours and set your price automatically (and continuously) to the weighted average of the last 50 rentals +/- a provider specified percentage (excluding supports long term and 0B leases)

Elite provider status: A new provider tier for recognized leaders providing a large amount of hashpower and focusing on providing awesome rigs with awesome customer service.

We have providers in mind and are looking to a "[] Nominate this provider as elite" checkbox in feedback.  

A special note here.  Some new currencies (CC/FIAT/New Coins) may only be available to elite providers.  A status with bold and an indicator icon will be added to the rigs page.   We may move Elite providers to the top of the rig list.

Community vetting of new (and maybe existing providers): A way for new providers to share their verification and undergo vetting by other providers as well as mining their deposit to a wallet vs paying a deposit.  Some ideas here: only providers would be able to see/rent rigs pending verification.   New providers would only be able to sell an equivalent to their mined deposit amount.  Whatever else providers think of.

Thoughts?  Terrible Ideas?  Decent?

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8923

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:44:01 AM

Dynamic price rental plan: The ability to create a rental plan either using static or dynamic hours and set your price automatically (and continuously) to the weighted average of the last 50 rentals +/- a provider specified percentage (excluding supports long term and 0B leases)

Elite provider status: A new provider tier for recognized leaders providing a large amount of hashpower and focusing on providing awesome rigs with awesome customer service.

We have providers in mind and are looking to a "[] Nominate this provider as elite" checkbox in feedback.  

A special note here.  Some new currencies (CC/FIAT/New Coins) may only be available to elite providers.  A status with bold and an indicator icon will be added to the rigs page.   We may move Elite providers to the top of the rig list.

Community vetting of new (and maybe existing providers): A way for new providers to share their verification and undergo vetting by other providers as well as mining their deposit to a wallet vs paying a deposit.  Some ideas here: only providers would be able to see/rent rigs pending verification.   New providers would only be able to sell an equivalent to their mined deposit amount.  Whatever else providers think of.

Thoughts?  Terrible Ideas?  Decent?

I'd welcome see some kind of dynamic rental pricing that would reduce babysitting, but the "weighted average" - at least how it's currently displayed on the rig list - doesn't seem to be accurate. Short term leases seem to inflate it. I would also like to be able to set one ONE price for the rig, e.g. the price of one hour and then have all other hour levels based on a discount off that. E.g. I would like set 1 hour to 0.01 BTC and a 1% discount for each additional hour, not to exceed 25% total discount, instead of setting all these prices manually. Or perhaps set a range of two prices: for 1 hour, and for max hours, and everything in between should be calculated proportionately.

I don't think hashrate should be part of awesomeness criteria. I can be awesome with a small rig too. I need to think some more about the other suggestions...
hutnik

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:04:10 AM

The part with moving to top seems little unfair to me (unless I'd be one of those "elite providers" with my average 1700h rented per rig and not a single bad feedback  Roll Eyes )

Also, you know still almost no customers leave feedback, even now. So some checkbox somewhere wouldn't help probably.

You should define what must one person have in order to become "elite" (minimum rig speed, mimimum cumulative speed over all rigs, no bad rating, min hours rented... )

It need more thoughts IMO  Undecided

waldistons

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:57:19 AM

I would like a feature from renters side - I enter BTC amount I'm willing to spend and system rents rig say, for 3hours and 21 minutes.

Also, could someone please explain me how Lease Rig proxy works? I don't see a reason why I should rent those rigs, as most pools use stratum+tcp://, solo is http:// but LRP rigs allow only stratum protocol...

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:33:31 AM

I would like a feature from renters side - I enter BTC amount I'm willing to spend and system rents rig say, for 3hours and 21 minutes.

Also, could someone please explain me how Lease Rig proxy works? I don't see a reason why I should rent those rigs, as most pools use stratum+tcp://, solo is http:// but LRP rigs allow only stratum protocol...

LRP is for lazy providers that don't bother to set up the API, or for providers that combine more than one rig into one.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:45:49 AM

The 168 option may or may not be deployed in full.  You can always let us know your opinions so we have a community voice to go by Cheesy

It would be nice to set longer leases, like most the longer the lease the lower I set my price so it's more attractive for buyers, but it's not a biggie as I use a 5% rehire discount which is almost the same thing.

Upcoming Features Ideas:  Feedback wanted.

A special note here.  Some new currencies (CC/FIAT/New Coins) may only be available to elite providers.  A status with bold and an indicator icon will be added to the rigs page.   We may move Elite providers to the top of the rig list.

Thoughts?  Terrible Ideas?  Decent?

Dynamic: I like suchmoon's idea of a single hourly price with discounts for longer.

Elite: As someone who prides himself of the characteristics you mention, not sure if this is a good idea. My rigs have been hired out for 3,500 hours and I don't have a single feedback star.

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

LRP is for lazy providers that don't bother to set up the API, or for providers that combine more than one rig into one.

Some of us have ISP's that are incompatible with Direct Connect as well.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
byt411

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:52:23 PM

Umm... Open the ports on your router. That's all I'm gonna say.
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:56:19 PM

Umm... Open the ports on your router. That's all I'm gonna say.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:19:38 PM

I'd welcome see some kind of dynamic rental pricing that would reduce babysitting, but the "weighted average" - at least how it's currently displayed on the rig list - doesn't seem to be accurate. Short term leases seem to inflate it. I would also like to be able to set one ONE price for the rig, e.g. the price of one hour and then have all other hour levels based on a discount off that. E.g. I would like set 1 hour to 0.01 BTC and a 1% discount for each additional hour, not to exceed 25% total discount, instead of setting all these prices manually. Or perhaps set a range of two prices: for 1 hour, and for max hours, and everything in between should be calculated proportionately.

I don't think hashrate should be part of awesomeness criteria. I can be awesome with a small rig too. I need to think some more about the other suggestions...

We had thought about offering a discount tier for the dynamic hours rental plan the problem is the sliding formula used to determine the discounts on intermediate hours.   It might be as obvious as a percentage discount for one week and then scale it linear down to no discount for one hour.   

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:34:53 PM

We are working on a resolution to that request.   Where you would enter an amount and the system would give you a list of rigs and times and you could confirm and order.    It's a little ways off though.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 04:27:37 PM

We currently have 2 providers affected by NAT issues where there is no way to open ports and use direct connect.  We are working on a solution to this which may also help other providers to be able to use direct connect vs LRP. 

byt411

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:30:34 PM

May I ask, where is the lease cancellation button for both providers and customers? I can't find them.
xmk3

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 05:24:45 PM

Which ISP's are those?  I've never seen an ISP that didn't give you an IP address.  Cheesy
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:08:28 PM

Which ISP's are those?  I've never seen an ISP that didn't give you an IP address.  Cheesy

Verizon wireless. Can't open ports.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 06:39:56 PM

Verizon wireless. Can't open ports.

His connection is cellular on IPV6 with no outgoing ability.   I use them all the time with a reverse ssh proxy to bypass these issues.  Seems to not be usable here though. 

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 06:41:23 PM

May I ask, where is the lease cancellation button for both providers and customers? I can't find them.

We have yet to find a fair solution to who pays whom in terms of the last hour, the fee, etc.  We are also having issues protecting customers and providers from cancellation abuse.

Ideas?

byt411

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:56:34 PM

We have yet to find a fair solution to who pays whom in terms of the last hour, the fee, etc.  We are also having issues protecting customers and providers from cancellation abuse.

Ideas?

Hmmm... Isn't the current system like this?

Customer > Leaserig > Provider
0.001 for 10 hours > 0.001 > 0.00097/hour

So... If they are 5 hours into the lease and someone cancels.. then Leaserig can pay 0.000485BTC back to the customer, since the fee has already been taken.
So even if the lease gets cancelled, you guys profit. That Okay?
Or, if the customer cancels, then the customer gets paid 0.000485, and if the provider cancels, then the provider gets 0.000015BTC subtracted from the balance.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: