Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:43:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNRESPONSIVE POOL OPERATOR] 50BTC.com  (Read 257563 times)
gsm4gulf

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:02:04 AM

50btc.com
plzzz help me first to let me login to my account then can wait later for recover stock

my user: serverok22@gmail.com

so ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:40:53 AM

No any normal person would not be there mine, until they pay the debts of

So you would say, liquidate and not let them trade out (in business terms)? More an American type of logic... where as if they do have financial issues and they can trade out and everyone gets their btc... is that not a better option than them shutting down and all the users losing out, because some people just don't care?

Please do not be offended, I am not suggesting you are American, just it is that type of mentality that I see from them, an observation if you will...
I am not American. Grin
 Unfortunately, my guess are that the pool will not be back to normal as long as they do not pay honestly earned coins. I do not want others Bitcoins - I want to get my back.
and more. Pool speed drops and drops - people do not believe what they write.
sorry for my english

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
fungal

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:27:04 AM

So you would say, liquidate and not let them trade out (in business terms)? More an American type of logic... where as if they do have financial issues and they can trade out and everyone gets their btc... is that not a better option than them shutting down and all the users losing out, because some people just don't care?

Please do not be offended, I am not suggesting you are American, just it is that type of mentality that I see from them, an observation if you will...
I am not American. Grin
 Unfortunately, my guess are that the pool will not be back to normal as long as they do not pay honestly earned coins. I do not want others Bitcoins - I want to get my back.
sorry for my english

OK, lets do a little business 101 here... (and some common sense)

If there was a theft of coins which appears likely, how would you suggest they pay them back to people who earned them (the members who effectively had their coins stolen by a third party that were held at 50btc)?
How do you think they make an income? with the percentages (in the form of commission) as you would figure out with basic understandings of most mining pool business models...

So if you keep the above in mind... how would you expect them to cover the outstanding balances with zero income? Unless you *ASSUME* they have other funds hidden somewhere.

You could see this as a company seeking bankruptcy protection whilst attempting to trade out of the bad situation so everyone would get paid eventually.

Finally here is how I can see it working, if they are honest (do we have any proof of any dishonesty? what happened last time there was an issue like this?) then they would need some form of income for new %s (as a commission) off the top of the hashed/mined coins from here on in, as you can not pay people with money you do not have unless you steal from someone else, which would be rather unethical to me and I would not trust a thief (remember they are claiming theft from them via one means or another, ie they claim to be a victim here also), I do not suspect that their motive is to steal (from past history and) as they are still functional (to a degree) and have not said (like abcpool.co - I know different story but I lost coins there too) that they would close up. To me it looks like they have intentions to trade through this, time will tell and you would be right to think it is a gamble to push hashes their way but in the same breath it may be the only way people will get paid out and for them to grow again. I also hope that if/when the get through this storm they show appreciation to those who stood by them and had faith in their commitment.

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:10:54 AM

I am not American. Grin
sorry for my english

If there was a theft of coins which appears likely, how would you suggest they pay them back to people who earned them (the members who effectively had their coins stolen by a third party that were held at 50btc)?
How do you think they make an income? with the percentages (in the form of commission) as you would figure out with basic understandings of most mining pool business models...

So if you keep the above in mind... how would you expect them to cover the outstanding balances with zero income? Unless you *ASSUME* they have other funds hidden somewhere.

You could see this as a company seeking bankruptcy protection whilst attempting to trade out of the bad situation so everyone would get paid eventually.

Finally here is how I can see it working, if they are honest (do we have any proof of any dishonesty? what happened last time there was an issue like this?) then they would need some form of income for new %s (as a commission) off the top of the hashed/mined coins from here on in, as you can not pay people with money you do not have unless you steal from someone else, which would be rather unethical to me and I would not trust a thief (remember they are claiming theft from them via one means or another, ie they claim to be a victim here also), I do not suspect that their motive is to steal (from past history and) as they are still functional (to a degree) and have not said (like abcpool.co - I know different story but I lost coins there too) that they would close up. To me it looks like they have intentions to trade through this, time will tell and you would be right to think it is a gamble to push hashes their way but in the same breath it may be the only way people will get paid out and for them to grow again. I also hope that if/when the get through this storm they show appreciation to those who stood by them and had faith in their commitment.

If they lost user's money, it should be paid out of previous profits they took in.  Just like any other pool that has had a theft/hack occur.  You either close the pool, or man up and take the loss.  If the pool keeps running and people are expected to just give up the coins they've lost as a result of 50BTC's failed security, this thread should be moved to the Scammer section instead.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
modcom

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:34:42 AM

I am not American. Grin
sorry for my english

Did you create this account specifically to be an Ass Hat? They need to pay their customers what is due. Not you Unicorns and Rainbow theory. This is a business, not a charity....

Miramyn

Activity: 169

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:40:04 AM

I am not American. Grin
sorry for my english

If they lost user's money, it should be paid out of previous profits they took in.  Just like any other pool that has had a theft/hack occur.  You either close the pool, or man up and take the loss.  If the pool keeps running and people are expected to just give up the coins they've lost as a result of 50BTC's failed security, this thread should be moved to the Scammer section instead.

+1

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
gjpminingco

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 02:14:47 AM

I am not American. Grin
sorry for my english

+1

+1,000,000,000

I have been in almost daily contact with them and they are assuring me that after they feel the wallet is safe from another attack and hack like the one that just happend they will be moving funds into the Hot wallet and be enabling payouts and paying everyone

arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:23:43 AM

And what about the correct balances? I'm still down approx .03... Not much I know, but still.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:54:07 AM

i requested payemnt + wrote to support but nothing.
if they want ot get bak to business they shoulkd pay back at least some portions to people

yolo
champsak

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:52:15 AM

50btc.com Any update on when you will be up again?
Ghost42

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:41:49 PM

I also wrote to the support as well as a PN but I got no response to both questions. They should at least answer the questions from people they owe something. Thats a kind of respect in my eyes.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:59:02 PM

I also wrote to the support as well as a PN but I got no response to both questions. They should at least answer the questions from people they owe something. Thats a kind of respect in my eyes.

No they shouldnt waste their time on answering hundreds of the same questions day after day. They shall use their time on bringing a safe and well functioning pool back online.
Ghost42

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 06:44:43 PM

No they shouldnt waste their time on answering hundreds of the same questions day after day. They shall use their time on bringing a safe and well functioning pool back online.

I don't think this is wasting time, cause they have lost my mining capacity due to this ignorance. Maybe less people would have turned away from their pool, if they had provided more detailed information.
In a business I would talk about customer care, which is essential for being successful.

Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:55:57 PM

this thread should be moved to the Scammer section instead.
Its time
fungal

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:46:11 PM

I am not American. Grin
sorry for my english

Did you create this account specifically to be an Ass Hat? They need to pay their customers what is due. Not you Unicorns and Rainbow theory. This is a business, not a charity....

If you are referring to me, please be constructive with your criticism else you are just showing how immature you are. I am merely trying to show the other side of business which people seem to forget.

If the business is a going concern (some people may not understand that term) then why would you want to shut it down? Because you can not withdraw your coins that were defrauded/stolen from 50btc... Huh

People here assume the pools have a huge amass of funds they can just dispense and that those funds were not affected or used in running the operation, or maybe even invested in assets such as stock for selling in their shop? OMG you are showing you may be a full member but by inferring someone is an ass hat you are also showing you are an ass clown.
fungal

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:03:28 PM

I don't think this is wasting time, cause they have lost my mining capacity due to this ignorance. Maybe less people would have turned away from their pool, if they had provided more detailed information.
In a business I would talk about customer care, which is essential for being successful.

There may be reasons why the delay, maybe thousands of members spammed them every few hours, and they may not have English as a first language (as it would appear from their grammar), yes open and clear communication would be the best scenario, but you are also assuming they would have a PR team to handle the users questions while a development team are working on fixing things up on the site... ever looked at their job available list?

Bottom line, I agree with you, less people would turn away as most people leaving are just after the money (which is the reason they went there in the first place), and if you have been in business (I mean running a medium size enterprise at the least) you would understand that if you make one small mistake you end up in this situation where the forums and social media do a beat up  because it is mob mentality... They did post on the 28th of October that they are working on getting back up in the next few weeks, if you want a blow by blow of what they are doing then you will find business does not tell the general public that unless you are a shareholder (not a creditor or customer).

I still send a small percentage of my hashing to them as a token gesture (anywhere between 17mhps-350mhps depending on what I have running)... so if you were to imagine if 100 people sent just 100mhps they would be back up to 10GHps (nearly double their current rate) now if you doubled those figures... 200 users @ 200 Mhps = 40Ghps.... or 300 people pushed 1 USB BE of hashing to 50BTC then you would be looking at over 1thps....

He is my suggestion to 50BTC, at least make a promise to make good on funds earned and also promise to favor those who stood by them during the issue, as we (I know it is not just me sending hashes to them) are taking a gamble.

fungal

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:09:35 PM

50btc.com Any update on when you will be up again?

Last post here was from 28th of October where they said it would be a few weeks.... It has only been just a few days since that.... (check previous posts here.. a page or 2 back I think...
modcom

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:14:02 PM

I am not American. Grin
sorry for my english

If you are referring to me, please be constructive with your criticism else you are just showing how immature you are. I am merely trying to show the other side of business which people seem to forget.

If the business is a going concern (some people may not understand that term) then why would you want to shut it down? Because you can not withdraw your coins that were defrauded/stolen from 50btc... Huh

People here assume the pools have a huge amass of funds they can just dispense and that those funds were not affected or used in running the operation, or maybe even invested in assets such as stock for selling in their shop? OMG you are showing you may be a full member but by inferring someone is an ass hat you are also showing you are an ass clown.

So you've proven you are both an Ass Hat and an Ass Clown. Everybody is wrong but you. Well you have fun with your delusional ego and askew sense of business. Maybe you should go back to the Newbies section, you can act like a God in there.

fungal

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:26:52 PM

I am not American. Grin
sorry for my english

So you've proven you are both an Ass Hat and an Ass Clown. Everybody is wrong but you. Well you have fun with your delusional ego and askew sense of business. Maybe you should go back to the Newbies section, you can act like a God in there.

Ok, lets break this down....

You claim I am an ass hat and an ass clown? (I said you are 'showing you are an ass clown', I am sorry I should have re-worded that you are acting like.... I apologize for the personal nature of the phrase).
You claim I believe everyone is wrong but me? Where did I state or even imply this?
You claim I have a delusional ego and an askew sense of business?
You imply I have a god complex by suggesting I go to the newbies section "you can act like a God in there." there appears to be a lot of hatred.

As a member here is it right to start attacking someone so ferociously? The only reason I can see is that you disagree with me, which should not warrant such a rant, or is it just me you dislike personally?

Also if you are to make personal opinions on business sense against another person's opinion maybe it would be taken more seriously if you were to back it up with some form of experience or evidence, just a suggestion.

Now please play nicely here.
modcom

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:34:48 PM

I am not American. Grin
sorry for my english

Ok, lets break this down....

You claim I am an ass hat and an ass clown? (I said you are 'showing you are an ass clown', I am sorry I should have re-worded that you are acting like.... I apologize for the personal nature of the phrase).
You claim I believe everyone is wrong but me? Where did I state or even imply this?
You claim I have a delusional ego and an askew sense of business?
You imply I have a god complex by suggesting I go to the newbies section "you can act like a God in there." there appears to be a lot of hatred.

As a member here is it right to start attacking someone so ferociously? The only reason I can see is that you disagree with me, which should not warrant such a rant, or is it just me you dislike personally?

Also if you are to make personal opinions on business sense against another person's opinion maybe it would be taken more seriously if you were to back it up with some form of experience or evidence, just a suggestion.

Now please play nicely here.

GFY

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: