Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:27:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893544 times)
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:20:22 PM

Bram first you think it is stupid bol does not accept NLG and now there is a small chance they might accept it and you think they are to big for NLG.  Huh

He bought cryptocircus for his NLG and that is imploding at the moment, that is why he has negativ responds, i think. Or is influenced by trolls.

Graag positieve bijdrages, Bram en anders beter niet (af)reageren. Je laat je wel kennen zo.

dit slaat nergens op! en ik reageer niets af dus....
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:43:50 PM

Bram first you think it is stupid bol does not accept NLG and now there is a small chance they might accept it and you think they are to big for NLG.  Huh

He bought cryptocircus for his NLG and that is imploding at the moment, that is why he has negativ responds, i think. Or is influenced by trolls.

Graag positieve bijdrages, Bram en anders beter niet (af)reageren. Je laat je wel kennen zo.

dit slaat nergens op! en ik reageer niets af dus....

Bij deze excuses als het nergens op slaat, wat ik schreef. Toch lijkt het wat negatief op het eerste gezicht, je laatste posts hier.
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 02:44:46 PM

It's a looooong shot but worth trying! =)

In other news, thuisbezorgd.nl reimbursed me by traditional SEPA transfer (so fiat, not BTC).

That one is solved, good to hear  Cool

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Akorapaty

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:46:07 PM

Is this coin still alive?
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:48:07 PM

You are just born here on bct, i see  Grin

Yes, coin is very alive: see timeline http://timeline.guldencoin.com/
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:51:24 PM

het is al goed  Grin

and this coin is still ok and on the good way to go big
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:31:14 PM

In other news, thuisbezorgd.nl reimbursed me by traditional SEPA transfer (so fiat, not BTC).

Nice, what happened again? The place you ordered at was closed or something or was it something else?
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:03:07 PM

It's tough to keep up with all the replies lately. People are dumb selling this coin at any price. I am keeping to use!
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:53:47 PM

Nice, what happened again? The place you ordered at was closed or something or was it something else?

Nope, it was closed, at least their kitchen was.

=P
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:18:12 PM

Nope, it was closed, at least their kitchen was.

Alright, better luck next time eh.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 06:14:44 PM

Nope, dead as a pier  Grin

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 06:23:21 PM

Nope, dead as a pier  Grin

Don't him make so happy with dead sparrow LTEX.
GeorgeAurea

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:16:29 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 12:32:51 AM by GeorgeAurea

Forget about "perpetuum mobile's", magnetic engines is what is hot  Grin

But seriously, numbers are similar to some degree, yet with a huge detail overlooked by many thus far.

Around 4 TH/s, as proposed, yields around 0.04 BTC daily.
Yet, as this part seems overlooked quite frueqently, the SHA256 part includes electricity, maintenance, replacements, etc.

Meaning, 4 TH/s yielding around 0.04 BTC daily, this yielding is a net yielding. Give or take a few on luck and diminishing of performance due time, one could state average yielding would closely be more like 0.035 ~ 0.03 on overall.

These are my statistics:
Since I had notified (https://community.guldencoin.com/t/community-mining-ipo-switching-gears-session/1150/13), I have been testing what I notified. Which, sinds then, is nearly over a month.
On average, I have been testing with 2 TH/s. Over a time period of nearly a full month, this averaged around ~0.018 daily net profits with luck hovering around 95 ~ 96% on overal during that month.

Regarding empowering the SHA256 part towards the Scrypt part, there are quite some variances depending on networks chosen, either be them public or private.
You gave MRR as an example, averaging 0.022 per 100 MH/s. Nicehash could go for 0.018 whilst betarigs could go for 0.03, and private networks vary hugely between them (Netherlands for example is pricey as hell, versus Venezuela being a mere paradise).

Regarding the 'left overs' from the surplus generated by the SHA256 part, they will be used to put back into the system. I.e, will be used to expand the system to keep up with votality on hashrates and difficulty, in order to keep the Scrypt hash running.

I have a magnetic engine in my boat, so I know what you mean  Wink

So If I get it right you have a nett profit (including energy, maintenance and write-off) of 0.04 btc / day? That would be 1.2BTC / month.
If by some miracle you manage to buy your SHA256 equipment for half my price, thus 4BTC, you still need to add (4 : 36) = 0.11BTC in write-off making the total gross profit 1.31 / month. Then we have to add electricity, say 0.3 BTC / month totaling to a gross profit of 1.61 BTC / month on 4Th. That's an average profit of 0.4 BTC per TH / month.

Would you mind telling me which pool you use?  Grin

Nicehash for 0.018 sounds nice indeed, but my experience with them is that the low contracts somehow never become available, resulting in higher mining cost all the time. MRR is by far the most reliable and stable regarding price and profit.

You're partially right.

Minor detail: I am netting on average ~0.019 btc/day, if luck being set to 100%. This is with 2 TH/s, not 4  Wink

But yes, around 4 TH/s would roughly yield 1.2 btc/month.

Right, the electricity cost can make the difference here.
On the other side something isn't mentioned yet:
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
You have to expect a decreasing btc income over time.
"Estimated Next Difficulty:    59,756,916,129 (+4.91%)" means ~5% less btc and those diff changes happen how often a year?
Summarize that over a year to see how much hashrate you have to steady add to keep the btc income stable.
At the end it all depends on how cheap the electricity costs are and how fast you have to get additional equipment for the same amount of btc.

only my 2 sat

I did mention difficulty, and that this too is taken into account. Which, I will try to explain further to.

@George, for clarity, can you provide a detailed and descent overview of your exact calculations. This for sure will help things to move in the right way. Since we by now all know what the basic plan is, you might as well give us the exact calculations on which you base your theory?

{snip}

- Hardware setup of roughly 4 TH/s = 6 BTC
- The other 1.5 BTC is reserved for the fail-safe part.

- 4 TH/s yields ~ 1.2 btc/month
- Electricity consumed ~ 0.4 btc/month
- Scrypt puchasing ~ 0.6 btc/month
Average nett profit ~ 0.2 btc.

I deliberately did not take the write-off into account.
You gave an example of replacement in a time span of 36 months, which is reasonable. There's a chance equipment lasts longer, yet chances are equal they last shorter. I took that into my calculations as well, and that's where the fail-safe part comes in...
The fail-safe is purely reserved, just for the sake equipment should fail (long?) before their time due, which simply IS possible.

Remember, that this is for the initial setup only, which I had in mind to be part of a bigger whole (the expanding afterwards).

But it all begins, stands or falls with the base. Which, I would want to deliver properly with the 100 MH/s as stated, and not half-way it would be turning out to be 75 MH/s because of some damn rig broke earlier than they should.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for the sake of overview, let's work with numbers only, and stripping away the rest:

- 7.5 BTC can buy roughly 5 TH/s of power.

- 5 TH/s yields ~ 1.5 btc/month
- Electricity consumed ~ 0.5 btc/month
- Replacement costs, 36 months average, ~ 0.21 btc/month
Average nett profit ~ 0.19 btc/month

The profit, is something of a mandatory; it would not only cover fluctuations in for example electricity or scrypt rising prices, but mainly would be used to put back into the system (expanding power) to keep up with the difficulty, to ensure the continuation of Scrypt puchasing...

EDIT:
Adjusted a sweet little mistype
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:27:28 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 10:01:08 PM by veertje

So for the sake of overview, let's work with numbers only, and stripping away the rest:

Average nett profit ~ 0.29 btc/month

The profit, is something of a mandatory; it would not only cover fluctuations in for example electricity or scrypt rising prices, but mainly would be used to put back into the system (expanding power) to keep up with the difficulty, to ensure the continuation of Scrypt puchasing...

Nett profit is 0,19 btc instead of 0,29 btc in the example above Wink But, still a profit here. You have noted a bit more yield from the hashing then LTEX had in his calculations, but more noted for the electricity. So, in practice it can be narrow, but in theory it seems possible.  Cool

Project is (maybe temporary) on hold now, i see, but very brave you came up with this! Respect!!
GeorgeAurea

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:34:28 AM

Average nett profit ~ 0.29 btc/month

Nett profit is 0,19 btc instead of 0,29 btc in the example above Wink But, still a profit here. You have noted a bit more yield from the hashing then LTEX had in his calculations, but more noted for the electricity. So, in practice it can be narrow, but in theory it seems possible.  Cool

Project is (maybe temporary) on hold now, i see, but very brave you came up with this! Respect!!

Darnit... Sweet little mistype, thanks for pointing out  Roll Eyes Wink
Captain YCLO

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

e-Gulden \/igilante

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 01:07:05 AM

Hello everybody,

I believe this message will get deleted, because it is a closed, self moderated, central thread, but maybe some of you remember this other Dutch alt that was created, a couple of days before NLG went out into the world.

Our name is EFL or eGulden and the dynamics between the 2 coins has been quite interesting. Today our blockreward halved and this was quite an event, almost 16 bitcoins worth of trading has occurred in the last 24 hours and at current prices this means 1% of our protocol changed hands. You might think we do not have a lot going on for our coin, but the truth isis that the biggest service providers of the Netherlands are supporting both coins, the only difference is that NLG let´s this community know about their progress, but NLG is doing a great job for us, while we are catching inflation. I am fully aware of the plans to stretch NLG for over 100 years and I wish everybody good luck on the development on this coin, just know that your dedication could make a difference for us.

I do not want to make too much of a commercial about it for us, because that is the job of the marketing team of NLG, they really do a great job in showing you pictures of what you can buy with their coin, for EFL it is more about education, so people understand what they are being payed and paying with. We believe everything can be bought for crypto, as long as the one willing to pay understands what he is doing.

That all say´d, good luck on your coin with over 500 pages of comments, just don´t believe all the fuzz that your well known NLG contact is spreading about us.

Cheers,

Mr. Liberland.org

Your Children Live On
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:19:10 AM

Forget about "perpetuum mobile's", magnetic engines is what is hot  Grin

But seriously, numbers are similar to some degree, yet with a huge detail overlooked by many thus far.

Around 4 TH/s, as proposed, yields around 0.04 BTC daily.
Yet, as this part seems overlooked quite frueqently, the SHA256 part includes electricity, maintenance, replacements, etc.

Meaning, 4 TH/s yielding around 0.04 BTC daily, this yielding is a net yielding. Give or take a few on luck and diminishing of performance due time, one could state average yielding would closely be more like 0.035 ~ 0.03 on overall.

These are my statistics:
Since I had notified (https://community.guldencoin.com/t/community-mining-ipo-switching-gears-session/1150/13), I have been testing what I notified. Which, sinds then, is nearly over a month.
On average, I have been testing with 2 TH/s. Over a time period of nearly a full month, this averaged around ~0.018 daily net profits with luck hovering around 95 ~ 96% on overal during that month.

Regarding empowering the SHA256 part towards the Scrypt part, there are quite some variances depending on networks chosen, either be them public or private.
You gave MRR as an example, averaging 0.022 per 100 MH/s. Nicehash could go for 0.018 whilst betarigs could go for 0.03, and private networks vary hugely between them (Netherlands for example is pricey as hell, versus Venezuela being a mere paradise).

Regarding the 'left overs' from the surplus generated by the SHA256 part, they will be used to put back into the system. I.e, will be used to expand the system to keep up with votality on hashrates and difficulty, in order to keep the Scrypt hash running.

I have a magnetic engine in my boat, so I know what you mean  Wink

So If I get it right you have a nett profit (including energy, maintenance and write-off) of 0.04 btc / day? That would be 1.2BTC / month.
If by some miracle you manage to buy your SHA256 equipment for half my price, thus 4BTC, you still need to add (4 : 36) = 0.11BTC in write-off making the total gross profit 1.31 / month. Then we have to add electricity, say 0.3 BTC / month totaling to a gross profit of 1.61 BTC / month on 4Th. That's an average profit of 0.4 BTC per TH / month.

Would you mind telling me which pool you use?  Grin

Nicehash for 0.018 sounds nice indeed, but my experience with them is that the low contracts somehow never become available, resulting in higher mining cost all the time. MRR is by far the most reliable and stable regarding price and profit.

You're partially right.

Minor detail: I am netting on average ~0.019 btc/day, if luck being set to 100%. This is with 2 TH/s, not 4  Wink

But yes, around 4 TH/s would roughly yield 1.2 btc/month.

Right, the electricity cost can make the difference here.
On the other side something isn't mentioned yet:
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
You have to expect a decreasing btc income over time.
"Estimated Next Difficulty:    59,756,916,129 (+4.91%)" means ~5% less btc and those diff changes happen how often a year?
Summarize that over a year to see how much hashrate you have to steady add to keep the btc income stable.
At the end it all depends on how cheap the electricity costs are and how fast you have to get additional equipment for the same amount of btc.

only my 2 sat

I did mention difficulty, and that this too is taken into account. Which, I will try to explain further to.

@George, for clarity, can you provide a detailed and descent overview of your exact calculations. This for sure will help things to move in the right way. Since we by now all know what the basic plan is, you might as well give us the exact calculations on which you base your theory?

{snip}

- Hardware setup of roughly 4 TH/s = 6 BTC
- The other 1.5 BTC is reserved for the fail-safe part.

- 4 TH/s yields ~ 1.2 btc/month
- Electricity consumed ~ 0.4 btc/month
Average nett profit ~ 0.2 btc.

I deliberately did not take the write-off into account.
You gave an example of replacement in a time span of 36 months, which is reasonable. There's a chance equipment lasts longer, yet chances are equal they last shorter. I took that into my calculations as well, and that's where the fail-safe part comes in...
The fail-safe is purely reserved, just for the sake equipment should fail (long?) before their time due, which simply IS possible.

Remember, that this is for the initial setup only, which I had in mind to be part of a bigger whole (the expanding afterwards).

But it all begins, stands or falls with the base. Which, I would want to deliver properly with the 100 MH/s as stated, and not half-way it would be turning out to be 75 MH/s because of some damn rig broke earlier than they should.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Average nett profit ~ 0.19 btc/month

EDIT:
Adjusted a sweet little mistype

Your electricity bill will be higher, here its 0.23 euro cent 1 Kilowatt.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:13:27 AM

What about China ?
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 06:05:53 AM

What about China ?

About $0,15 per kWh is what I could find, not sure if that's true.
Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 06:07:05 AM

What about China ?

About $0,15 per kWh is what I could find, not sure if that's true.

If this list is accurate it's more dan 50% less then in the Netherlands. But maybe it depends by region in China too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_pricing

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Pages: « 1 ... 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: