Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:10:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:38:16 PM

Just be patient for a little while. Hope GJ comes with an update.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OpenforBusiness

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:12:43 AM

From Necessity Comes Innovation and Strength...
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:00:39 AM

I have great respect for the dev team and how they have built up this coin.  I often tell people, and I've said in this thread as well, that they are the only team I've dealt so far with that does not over-promise or under-deliver.

That being said, when the simulator is done, I really hope the dev team will be ready to take community recommendations and move on an algo.  I've pushed from the beginning to move to DIGI.  Terk reaffirmed my thoughts with his comments in that PM... obviously he thinks DIGI will knock his pool out of the chain.  I was swayed by one of my team members that BTM was the way to go, but we found out shortly there-after that BTM was borked, and it failed miserably.  Custom algos are great and all, but I know that DIGI works, and my team has had some good initial findings with our testnet.

However, what worries me is the fact that clever is still mining NLG, even when it can't possibly be profitable.  The storage/Bittrex address shows that.  So why continue to mine, other than to hurt the coin on an insta-dump later on?  My main concern is that regardless of the effectiveness of whatever algo we chose, Terk will use his enormous pool of hashrate to continue to rape NLG for the hell of it.  I'm starting to think regardless of what he mines, he can absorb a considerable amount of profit loss to "play" with coins.  NLG is just a bug under his shoe.

One thing we could do that would cut clever out of the picture is ask Bittrex to suspend trading.  If that's where the coins are in fact ending up, maybe just pull the rug out from under him.  Or ask the Bittrex owner to remove the API calls for NLG.  Without a way to gauge exact profitability, it would be a solid argument to his miners that he is in fact using their hashes to ruin a coin, rather than making him money.

And yes, until we hear from Terk, it is all just speculation.  But I'd seriously doubt he'd say anything when he knows he's the reason for 3 months worth of community angst.  How could he seriously explain why he's doing what he's doing... "oh, I just didn't know"... yeah, ok.

-Fuse

I would not worry if anyone dumps this coin the price will go back to around 400 very quickly. I worked out awhile back that when NLG did rise from around 75sat to a spike at 1900sat it rose with real demand to around 480sat before speculation and PnDs came to the party. So I honestly believe any dump will be short lived with investors hoping it happens getting in at low prices of 200sat. The main reason to set lower buy orders is for desperate or impatient holders of guldencoin to dump out.

You guys would honestly commit suicide if you saw how slow updates are for other coins even in the top 30 which mainly maintain value because of very low coin supply but will never get anywhere because not enough users are able to invest in the coins at good prices. This is why Guldencoin has so much support because it's cheap to get your hands on a lot of coins and therefore brings about more people wanting to help grow the currency. I also believe the block reward halving every 4 years is really good as it gives cheap coins for a longer period of time, this is exactly how it was for bitcoin.

So buy now , help spread the word and in 4 years time with constant updates you will all be smiling.

Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:27:55 AM

@Litesire amen to that.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:47:38 PM

We did not exclude them because they just take profit of a leak. Same with paying taxes, if there is a way to take profit people will use it.
Also, this is going on for quite a while (a few months) and we're almost at a solution. Some patience is better for now.

Excluding, in what ever way, right now is like running a marathon and quit with only have to go one mile more.

Well off course waiting for the algorithm update is the best solution right now. If think it was a serious solution when this all started. I know from my surroundings some potential investors left Guldencoin because of this. And there will be more who did the same. For me this decreasing price is a great way to buy some more millions, for others it's a sign of an unsteady coin. Most of the potential investors don't even know why the price is as it is right now. Guldencoin also needs to cherish the potential Guldencoin users who don't read websites like these. Who are interested in the philosophy behind Guldencoin but don't have the knowledge (or time) to understand technical problems like this.

Best time to buy is now or in 2 months time just before the algo change takes place. Plenty other projects coming to keep more people coming back for more while we down our sorrows on the blockchain.

Algo change take another 2 month? Why so long? mean we have to wait 3 month for iOS to apple... maybe delay tactic from team for another announcment?
Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 07:54:14 PM

We did not exclude them because they just take profit of a leak. Same with paying taxes, if there is a way to take profit people will use it.
Also, this is going on for quite a while (a few months) and we're almost at a solution. Some patience is better for now.

Excluding, in what ever way, right now is like running a marathon and quit with only have to go one mile more.

Well off course waiting for the algorithm update is the best solution right now. If think it was a serious solution when this all started. I know from my surroundings some potential investors left Guldencoin because of this. And there will be more who did the same. For me this decreasing price is a great way to buy some more millions, for others it's a sign of an unsteady coin. Most of the potential investors don't even know why the price is as it is right now. Guldencoin also needs to cherish the potential Guldencoin users who don't read websites like these. Who are interested in the philosophy behind Guldencoin but don't have the knowledge (or time) to understand technical problems like this.

Best time to buy is now or in 2 months time just before the algo change takes place. Plenty other projects coming to keep more people coming back for more while we down our sorrows on the blockchain.

Algo change take another 2 month? Why so long? mean we have to wait 3 month for iOS to apple... maybe delay tactic from team for another announcment?

Please read back carefully. No need to wait for 2 months. More news will follow soon, very soon.
In the meantime, look for ways to support Guldencoin as a good community member or just buy a shitload of coins to make a big profit and just sit and wait  Grin

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Frais

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:54:56 PM

That's just a wild guess of investeerder. The only thing we can say for sure is that the simulator is almost finished.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:03:20 AM

That's just a wild guess of investeerder. The only thing we can say for sure is that the simulator is almost finished.

...and my team is already testing algorithm changes.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:29:25 AM

i really like this coin Smiley

yolo
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 11:29:02 AM

i really like this coin Smiley
So do I  Grin

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
strataghyst

Activity: 393

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:12:58 PM

Same here  Grin
cryptoconomist

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:19:44 PM

You can be a Dutch citizen and not have a phone number in the Netherlands, most of my family and I don't own one since we leave outside of the Netherlands... So this coin is for Dutch citizens or for people owning a Dutch mobile?

1.7b that's a lot of coins for a country with 18mm people... Why this amount make more sense than 18mm for example? what's the rational behind it?

Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I'd like someone to explain it to me... :/

Personally as a Dutch citizen I would like this coin to be attached in some way to Dutch Innovations/inventions e.g. Dutch East India Company (the oldest share in the world), The Amsterdam Stock Exchange, Joseph de la Vega (the oldest book ever written on Trading)... even if it's just a Wallpaper!  

Can someone think about adding short selling to NLG since the Dutch were the first one to use/invent short selling I'd like to see an option to short sell this coin... I believe the practice is an essential part of the price discovery mechanism so I highly encourage someone to think about it!

For more Dutch inventions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dutch_inventions_and_discoveries

I like the community so I bought a few coins, I guess I'm patriotic like that Wink
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:54:16 PM

1.7 billion may not be enough when all is said and done, especially at 100 NLG per person. Who knows... Wink

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:54:40 PM

...and my team is already testing algorithm changes.

-Fuse

Fuse, this is good news.

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:09:10 PM

Can someone think about adding short selling to NLG since the Dutch were the first one to use/invent short selling I'd like to see an option to short sell this coin... I believe the practice is an essential part of the price discovery mechanism so I highly encourage someone to think about it!

One, f*cking big question: WHY?

NLG is not going down. Buy them now while they are cheap... this isn't your average scam-pump-and-dump coin.

Plus, if you really want to short NLG... ask the market places, not us.
dragnar

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:09:37 PM

You can be a Dutch citizen and not have a phone number in the Netherlands, most of my family and I don't own one since we leave outside of the Netherlands... So this coin is for Dutch citizens or for people owning a Dutch mobile?

1.7b that's a lot of coins for a country with 18mm people... Why this amount make more sense than 18mm for example? what's the rational behind it?

Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I'd like someone to explain it to me... :/

Personally as a Dutch citizen I would like this coin to be attached in some way to Dutch Innovations/inventions e.g. Dutch East India Company (the oldest share in the world), The Amsterdam Stock Exchange, Joseph de la Vega (the oldest book ever written on Trading)... even if it's just a Wallpaper!  

I like the community so I bought a few coins, I guess I'm patriotic like that Wink

i agree whit u from  an altcoin standpoint 1.7 billion coins is a lot

Then again 1.7 billion over 17 million people is not a lot at all

lets say 1 gld will be priced at the old ( 2.2 gulden per euro ) < lol i know but lets say

average person in holland urns ( min wage ) 1200 euro ( 2640 gulden per month after tax )
2640 x 17m  equals 44.880.000.000 coins per month needed if every one gets 2640 gulden per month Wink

so yea for an alt coin it might be considered a lot ( for a local economy its actually way to low )

now can one of u fill my buy order @ 387 over @ bitturex so i can finally get my hands on some gld Smiley

lol no ty
/GeertJohan

Activity: 409

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 04:13:40 PM

Hi all,

Work on the simulator is progressing great.
The initial version I made used "fake" difficulty values, it worked, but I found that it wasn't accurate enough.
So I've redone a lot of the code, and it's now using real/exact difficulty values: 256-bit unsigned integers, in the same way the satoshi client calculates difficulty.
This makes everything a bit more complicated, but will produce 100% accurate results.

The first releases of the simulator will be binary releases with a limited featureset, it will do default difficulty (bitcoin) and DGW3 and it will have one simulation: small hashrate waves.
Updates will include 'large hashrate waves' and 'jump pool' simulations, and ofcourse the first version of our custom made difficulty re-adjustment algorithm.

At one point the sources will be made available under an open-source license to everyone. If anyone is interested in helping out, please contact me. It's required to have some experience in Go (golang.org).

Cheers!
cryptoconomist

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 04:22:59 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 04:39:57 PM by cryptoconomist

One, f*cking big question: WHY?

NLG is not going down. Buy them now while they are cheap... this isn't your average scam-pump-and-dump coin.

Plus, if you really want to short NLG... ask the market places, not us.

I did explain why.... and I don't want to! I have never said that but it seems you can't read so

"I believe the practice is an essential part of the price discovery mechanism"

cryptoconomist

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 04:38:04 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 05:11:55 PM by cryptoconomist

i agree whit u from  an altcoin standpoint 1.7 billion coins is a lot

Then again 1.7 billion over 17 million people is not a lot at all

lets say 1 gld will be priced at the old ( 2.2 gulden per euro ) < lol i know but lets say

average person in holland urns ( min wage ) 1200 euro ( 2640 gulden per month after tax )
2640 x 17m  equals 44.880.000.000 coins per month needed if every one gets 2640 gulden per month Wink

so yea for an alt coin it might be considered a lot ( for a local economy its actually way to low )

now can one of u fill my buy order @ 387 over @ bitturex so i can finally get my hands on some gld Smiley

I see your point but there is 100,000,000 "GLD satoshis" in 1GLD so how many "GLD satoshis" in 1.7b coins? A lot...

I haven't seen the rate of generation graph, maybe someone could point me to a graph... e.g how many coins will there be in circulation in 3 years?

What is the rate of adoption in the Netherlands? How many people use it today? How many are projected to use it in 3 years?

How much "real" Guilders where in circulation by 2002?

I guess so far all I know is that the dev. used an arbitrary 1.7b of coins without any real economical, Historical or political reasons... and that anyone owning a Dutch mobile can get free coins...  

People in the Netherlands will not massively adopt this coin unless there is a story that make sense behind... and so far it make no sense to me
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 04:51:41 PM

Hi all,

Work on the simulator is progressing great.
The initial version I made used "fake" difficulty values, it worked, but I found that it wasn't accurate enough.
So I've redone a lot of the code, and it's now using real/exact difficulty values: 256-bit unsigned integers, in the same way the satoshi client calculates difficulty.
This makes everything a bit more complicated, but will produce 100% accurate results.

The first releases of the simulator will be binary releases with a limited featureset, it will do default difficulty (bitcoin) and DGW3 and it will have one simulation: small hashrate waves.
Updates will include 'large hashrate waves' and 'jump pool' simulations, and ofcourse the first version of our custom made difficulty re-adjustment algorithm.

At one point the sources will be made available under an open-source license to everyone. If anyone is interested in helping out, please contact me. It's required to have some experience in Go (golang.org).

Cheers!

GJ, What do you consider a small/large hashrate wave? What percentage of hashrate against the network hashrate? Just curious.

Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: