Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:44:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I would purchase mining time with...
BTC - 231 (57.5%)
MTGOXUSD Codes - 32 (8%)
Credit Card - 112 (27.9%)
Other e-currency (ie. Dwolla, Paxum) - 27 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 400

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPUMAX | The Bitcoin Mining Marketplace  (Read 215503 times)
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 09:23:55 AM

I tried it and didn't understand much,  Offline pool ?  

I Wasted way too much time trying to make this work.

The worst that can happen Is I'd try to troubleshoot my setup and it's in fact your service that is broken.

Please let us know on your website if something is down,

I'm sorry you're having issues with the site.  We are not aware of anything wrong with the system and have lots of miners on it right now mining away.

What miner are you using?
What pool are you using?

Do you have any connection issues?

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 01:56:23 PM

The worst that can happen Is I'd try to troubleshoot my setup and it's in fact your service that is broken.

Its just a terminology mis-translation or confusement. "offline" means that it goes direct to your pool, and will not be allowed to sell to buyers. Online means that it will go to your pool unless a buyer is paying your rate, then it will go to the buyers pool.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 03:59:32 PM

Its just a terminology mis-translation or confusement. "offline" means that it goes direct to your pool, and will not be allowed to sell to buyers. Online means that it will go to your pool unless a buyer is paying your rate, then it will go to the buyers pool.

Yes and those names are changing to Public and Private to make things a little easier to understand.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 01:51:40 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2012, 02:03:36 AM by Transisto

I'm sorry you're having issues with the site.  We are not aware of anything wrong with the system and have lots of miners on it right now mining away.

What miner are you using?
What pool are you using?

Do you have any connection issues?
I'm trying to purchase Miners (BUY),  

I get "You have not created any miners. To create a new miner, click the button above."
  I click Add minner
  I choose a pool, click add minner and NOTHING happen,

I have 5 pool some private some very popular one, no error message, nothing.

I searched the whole website for a place a could make a payment to fund my account NOTHING,, No place to enter an address to be paid either.

There must be some very basic stuff I don't understand because I can't see how I would make this work.

I can mine at gpumax:8332 but what's the point if nobody can purchase my shares ?

I tired clicking My Account / Edit account ,,, NOTHING happen ( tried all this on 2 browser)
I click change password, NOTHING happen.
Dashboard, nothing.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 02:08:25 AM

Would it possible to use this service to generate vanitygen addresses?
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 02:55:20 AM

I'm trying to purchase Miners (BUY),  

I get "You have not created any miners. To create a new miner, click the button above."
  I click Add minner
  I choose a pool, click add minner and NOTHING happen,

I have 5 pool some private some very popular one, no error message, nothing.

I searched the whole website for a place a could make a payment to fund my account NOTHING,, No place to enter an address to be paid either.

There must be some very basic stuff I don't understand because I can't see how I would make this work.

I can mine at gpumax:8332 but what's the point if nobody can purchase my shares ?

I tired clicking My Account / Edit account ,,, NOTHING happen ( tried all this on 2 browser)
I click change password, NOTHING happen.
Dashboard, nothing.
The purchasing part is disabled until the public release. I believe this is stated in the first post.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 03:16:56 AM

The purchasing part is disabled until the public release. I believe this is stated in the first post.
What is left to test then ? an 1/3 baked UI that act as a proxy frontend ?

Edit: Sorry, I should have read better
For now, we've disabled the ability to purchase shares on the website but it’s coming soon.  With so many different pools and mining clients we're still working out a few of the bugs and would appreciate any comments, problems and/or suggestions.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 03:21:58 AM

FWIW, the proxy functionality has been absolutely stable in my testing. Soaks up my paltry 2 Ghash/s without the slightest hiccup.

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 06:08:35 PM

Update:

Our primary DC is under DDos attacks and causing some downtime.  This will be corrected soon and not be an issue during the public release with multiple fail-over servers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 06:45:33 PM

Service has been restored.  Turns out it was a faulty breaker in the DC that caused the issues.

Enjoy

Bananington

Activity: 1400
Merit: 340

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:31:12 PM

This seems interesting. I signed up to the beta invites waiting list.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 03:37:41 AM

Just sent a email for a invite. Always nice to see a old miner do something a bit different Smiley Looking forward to checking it out!

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 07:20:58 PM

New poll and site news coming shortly.

The LT

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 07:12:55 AM

Can I please have an invite? Got 5ghashes to test. GOT AN ITCH AND CAN'T WAIT!
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 04:40:04 PM

Update:

I'd first like to thank all of you that sent in comments and suggestions over the past couple weeks.  Our goal is to build the most efficient system available on the market and we couldn't have done it without you and your feedback.

We know a lot of you signed up and haven’t received an invite yet.  Our goal was to bring on miners first and then bring on the buyers, but even our top estimates could not have prepared us for the sign-ups we received in the first week.  We’ve had to add additional equipment to manage a whole new baseline of customers and ensure that our system is fully redundant while testing, implementing changes and fixing bugs.

With that said, we will begin inviting additional miners and select a group of users to purchase shares.  Our MTGOXUSD payment API is not ready yet so we can only currently accept Bitcoin payments.  Emails will go out soon to those first on the buying wait list. We’ll be manually adding these public work contracts as they come in until we have our automated payment system working with everything.  Please be patient with us, we are still in beta and want everything to be right as I know you do too.

Let the fun begin. Smiley

DoubleIcaras

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Kill me~

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 05:29:41 PM

This looks awesome! Looking forward to an invite.

Help support Bitcoin awareness in London! Donate to it here: 1F6MCoBMwmfpT5fruvCUjirFEybhLe5c1C
Or get involved here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58539.0
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 02:32:17 AM

Site Update
Will will be updating GPUMAX within the next two hours that will take the system down for about 30 mins.  This update will address a few bugs, add features and enable purchasing on the site.  During this downtime your miners will be unable to connect to the system but should resume as soon as it's back up. 

At this time its important that you set your PPS price for your workers so when the update is complete you are ready to begin selling shares.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, now let the fun begin.

Costia

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 03:32:59 AM

I dont understand the point of this service
There are pools that offer PPS of 1/difficulty*50 with an optional donation percentage and no fees
So from a miners standpoint i don't see a reason to sell my hash power at a lower rate
From a buyer's stand point: paying more than 1/"difficulty"*50 per share is stupid since on average you will get 50BTC per "difficulty" shares. so on average you would be buying 50BTC for more than 50BTC
From the bitcoin system point of view: mining gets more centralized which is a security risk fir the system. Even if nobody will be able to exploit this for profit, somebody might find a way to use is to de-stabilize the p2p network
So what's the point of this service?
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 03:37:50 AM

I dont understand the point of this service
There are pools that offer PPS of 1/difficulty*50 with an optional donation percentage and no fees
So from a miners standpoint i don't see a reason to sell my hash power at a lower rate
From a buyer's stand point: paying more than 1/"difficulty"*50 per share is stupid since on average you will get 50BTC per "difficulty" shares. so on average you would be buying 50BTC for more than 50BTC
From the bitcoin system point of view: mining gets more centralized which is a security risk fir the system. Even if nobody will be able to exploit this for profit, somebody might find a way to use is to de-stabilize the p2p network
So what's the point of this service?

If you don't see a point in this service, you don't have to use it.  I do recommend you spend a little more time reading the information in this thread though.

Costia

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 03:59:28 AM

I have read the entire thread. most of it is miners saying they want to join and others alerting you about possible security issues.
I am new to the whole Bitcoin business and simply asking for an explanation about how this service can be beneficial to either side?
Basically I am asking for examples of "use cases" for the service you provide.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: