Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:33:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I would purchase mining time with...
BTC - 231 (57.5%)
MTGOXUSD Codes - 32 (8%)
Credit Card - 112 (27.9%)
Other e-currency (ie. Dwolla, Paxum) - 27 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 400

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPUMAX | The Bitcoin Mining Marketplace  (Read 215503 times)
ummas

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 10:35:16 PM

PPS payed by gpumax is much higher than by deepbit, for exapmple

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 10:40:33 PM

From the original post:

For Miners - Free
Manage your miner(s) on our website
Manage and track pools, shares, speeds and public work income. (See Below)
Lease your miner(s) to others earning additional income by setting a PPS price on your account that we pay directly to you when we use your miner(s) for public work sold through the website.
You will never make less than mining on your own.
Paid for public work with Bitcoins.

Unless the OP is outdated, it seems as though each miner can decide what PPS fee they want to set.  Obviously, they won't sell their hashes very often if they set it too high, but that's why I am wondering whether the PPS rate fluctuates with difficulty at all.  I would hate to set it to a certain amount, then have difficulty go down and I make less on the PPS route than I would have without dabbling in PPS.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 10:51:22 PM

From the original post:

For Miners - Free
Lease your miner(s) to others earning additional income by setting a PPS price on your account that we pay directly to you when we use your miner(s) for public work sold through the website.

Unless the OP is outdated, it seems as though each miner can decide what PPS fee they want to set.  Obviously, they won't sell their hashes very often if they set it too high, but that's why I am wondering whether the PPS rate fluctuates with difficulty at all.  I would hate to set it to a certain amount, then have difficulty go down and I make less on the PPS route than I would have without dabbling in PPS.

He means it's currently much higher than expected PPS if you do the math for how much a share is worth on average.  Sure, if difficulty changes significantly, the going rate may change, but this is more of a market where you choose what you want and buyers either pay your fee, or your shares get passed through to your "private" pool.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 10:59:54 PM

What does it mean when I try to make a purchase and it says "price has expired"  I do not see a way to change the purchase price.  It is given to me, correct?

Nevermind, problem just went away...

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 11:00:35 PM

What does it mean when I try to make a purchase and it says "price has expired"  I do not see a way to change the purchase price.  It is given to me, correct?

Its a bug, refresh the page and try again.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:26:57 PM

From the original post:

For Miners - Free

He means it's currently much higher than expected PPS if you do the math for how much a share is worth on average.  Sure, if difficulty changes significantly, the going rate may change, but this is more of a market where you choose what you want and buyers either pay your fee, or your shares get passed through to your "private" pool.
*sigh*

What is "it"?  The current rate at which buyers are willing to pay?  Or something else?  Because as far as I can tell, miners set their own PPS fee.  I don't know what you mean when you say "it" is currently much higher than expected PPS.  I don't know what "it" means, or at what price, or if people are buying/not buying at that price.

Also, that is kind of my point.  If the rate that buyers are willing to buy at is 10% above calculated PPS, then I want my fee to automatically change whenever difficulty changes so I can keep my fee at 10% above calculated PPS.  Can GPUMax do this, or not?  I thought this would be a simple question...  You seem to imply that this cannot be done, but I still don't know for sure.  If not, the service is rather useless to me, since I don't want to have to worry about forgetting to reset my PPS fee every time the difficulty changes.  So, if not, then I would heavily suggest that GPUMax DOES implement a PPS fee setting for miners based on percentage above/below calculated PPS.
slider1978

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:28:45 PM

From the original post:

For Miners - Free

*sigh*

What is "it"?  The current rate at which buyers are willing to pay?  Or something else?  Because as far as I can tell, miners set their own PPS fee.  I don't know what you mean when you say "it" is currently much higher than expected PPS.  I don't know what "it" means, or at what price, or if people are buying/not buying at that price.

Also, that is kind of my point.  If the rate that buyers are willing to buy at is 10% above calculated PPS, then I want my fee to automatically change whenever difficulty changes so I can keep my fee at 10% above calculated PPS.  Can GPUMax do this, or not?  I thought this would be a simple question...  You seem to imply that this cannot be done, but I still don't know for sure.  If not, the service is rather useless to me, since I don't want to have to worry about forgetting to reset my PPS fee every time the difficulty changes.  So, if not, then I would heavily suggest that GPUMax DOES implement a PPS fee setting for miners based on percentage above/below calculated PPS.

It's seriously that hard to go on a web site and make a small change once every 2 or so weeks?   Wow...just wow.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:30:49 PM

From the original post:

For Miners - Free

*sigh*

It's seriously that hard to go on a web site and make a small change once every 2 or so weeks?   Wow...just wow.
No - it's hard to REMEMBER to go on a web site and make a small change once every 2 or so weeks.  I have a busy life.  My miners have gone completely unadjusted for months, which is perfect for me.  I don't want downtime, because I might not realize that it happened until a week later.  I look for reliability, stability, and automation wherever possible.

Kids still in school, or bachelors without children, probably have a heck of a lot more free time to fiddle around with stuff like that than I do.  I want something I can set and forget.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 11:42:09 PM

No - it's hard to REMEMBER to go on a web site and make a small change once every 2 or so weeks.  I have a busy life.  My miners have gone completely unadjusted for months, which is perfect for me.  I don't want downtime, because I might not realize that it happened until a week later.  I look for reliability, stability, and automation wherever possible.

Kids still in school, or bachelors without children, probably have a heck of a lot more free time to fiddle around with stuff like that than I do.  I want something I can set and forget.

then don't use gpumax.  Plain and simple. Your miners will continue to function just like they did before GPUMax.  If, however, you want to make a little more than you normally would, you'll have to invest a little more effort.  Why is that so bad?  You want more for nothing? Now you're starting to sound like the kids today.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:45:00 PM

then don't use gpumax.  Plain and simple. Your miners will continue to function just like they did before GPUMax.  If, however, you want to make a little more than you normally would, you'll have to invest a little more effort.  Why is that so bad?  You want more for nothing? Now you're starting to sound like the kids today.
Why is it wrong to want things to be easier/more efficient?  Should we go back to plowing fields by hand?

I might still give GPUMax a try - I am just disappointed in the lack of that particular option.  It wouldn't be difficult for them to add, so I hope they consider it.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 11:46:00 PM

No - it's hard to REMEMBER to go on a web site and make a small change once every 2 or so weeks.  I have a busy life.  My miners have gone completely unadjusted for months, which is perfect for me.  I don't want downtime, because I might not realize that it happened until a week later.  I look for reliability, stability, and automation wherever possible.

Kids still in school, or bachelors without children, probably have a heck of a lot more free time to fiddle around with stuff like that than I do.  I want something I can set and forget.

then don't use gpumax.  Plain and simple. Your miners will continue to function just like they did before GPUMax.  If, however, you want to make a little more than you normally would, you'll have to invest a little more effort.  Why is that so bad?  You want more for nothing? Now you're starting to sound like the kids today.
Why is it wrong to want things to be easier/more efficient?  Should we go back to plowing fields by hand?

I might still give GPUMax a try - I am just disappointed in the lack of that particular option.  It wouldn't be difficult for them to add, so I hope they consider it.

We are Beta and focused on much bigger things than luxury items. Smiley

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:54:52 PM

Plus, he already answered your question (no, it's not currently possible), and told you it's on the TODO list.  I agree it's a valuable feature, and so does he, but this is a BETA, you will have to have some patience to participate.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:57:17 PM

Is there a way to pre-load our accounts with funds, so that we can make purchases when we want and don't need to wait for the confirmations to come through.

Also current balance from workers would be nice to see.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:58:34 PM

No - it's hard to REMEMBER to go on a web site and make a small change once every 2 or so weeks.  I have a busy life.  My miners have gone completely unadjusted for months, which is perfect for me.  I don't want downtime, because I might not realize that it happened until a week later.  I look for reliability, stability, and automation wherever possible.

Kids still in school, or bachelors without children, probably have a heck of a lot more free time to fiddle around with stuff like that than I do.  I want something I can set and forget.

then don't use gpumax.  Plain and simple. Your miners will continue to function just like they did before GPUMax.  If, however, you want to make a little more than you normally would, you'll have to invest a little more effort.  Why is that so bad?  You want more for nothing? Now you're starting to sound like the kids today.
Why is it wrong to want things to be easier/more efficient?  Should we go back to plowing fields by hand?

I might still give GPUMax a try - I am just disappointed in the lack of that particular option.  It wouldn't be difficult for them to add, so I hope they consider it.

We are Beta and focused on much bigger things than luxury items. Smiley
Fair enough, I didn't realize this was a beta either.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 12:06:41 AM

Your college degree didn't teach you how to read?

From http://www.gpumax.com.. "Be one of the first to experience the easiest way to buy and sell shares. Enter your email below to get notified when there are beta invites available."

The bolding is my own.

EIEIO:

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 12:40:30 AM

Your college degree didn't teach you how to read?

From http://www.gpumax.com.. "Be one of the first to experience the easiest way to buy and sell shares. Enter your email below to get notified when there are beta invites available."

The bolding is my own.
Hey now, where'd you get college degree from?

I didn't even have a look at the site myself yet; I was just reading through the thread.  And I didn't read the whole OP because it was long, and boring.  I skimmed it.  Now that I look more closely, I see that beta was included near the bottom.  My mistake for not reading that far, but that's no reason for you to make sarcastic remarks regarding my education.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:43:34 AM

fanboi
fanboi

Grin I must admit, it is addictive though!

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 01:57:08 AM

Grin I must admit, I'm an asshat that makes up quotes!

EIEIO:

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 02:07:50 AM

Grin I must admit, I'm an asshat that makes up quotes!
Kiss

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 02:19:08 AM

Happy Valentine's Day, Baby!

EIEIO:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: