Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:50:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I would purchase mining time with...
BTC - 231 (57.5%)
MTGOXUSD Codes - 32 (8%)
Credit Card - 112 (27.9%)
Other e-currency (ie. Dwolla, Paxum) - 27 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 400

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPUMAX | The Bitcoin Mining Marketplace  (Read 215499 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 02:22:33 PM

cgminer.conf ftw

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 02:30:22 PM

ahh I see what your saying

hehe I bet your a lot younger than me, I can tell by your style of doing things in windows

I come from the days when you needed batch files just to boot your computer,,, so I guess I look at things in a different way Smiley

Autoexec.bat baby.... ALL THE WAY!!!

can you imagine the sheer joy I felt when I was able to load my double speed cd-rom in dos?
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 02:56:05 PM

ok so

copy con cgminer.bat
cgminer -o http://gpumax.com:8332 -u username -p pass -o http://backuppool.com:8332 -u username -p pass -I 9 --gpu-engine 900 --gpu-memclock 300 --gpu-fan 50
^Z

??  hahahhaha

Cheesy

Ill just make up a shortcut, gone are the days of me on my 8086 writing batch files..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
slider1978

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 03:23:52 PM

hehe I bet your a lot younger than me, I can tell by your style of doing things in windows

I come from the days when you needed batch files just to boot your computer,,, so I guess I look at things in a different way Smiley

I got into computers because I wanted to play Comanche on my dads 486 DX2 and I needed to create a boot disk in order to make it work. Sometimes I miss those simple days
cablepair

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 04:07:32 PM

I got into computers because I wanted to play Comanche on my dads 486 DX2 and I needed to create a boot disk in order to make it work. Sometimes I miss those simple days

Dx2 awesome!

I remember my parents buying me my first 486 (for about $2000) when I was about 11 or 12, I will always remember the salesman at OfficeMax telling us "you will never need more than 4 megabytes of ram."

LOL
slider1978

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 04:50:49 PM

Dx2 awesome!

I remember my parents buying me my first 486 (for about $2000) when I was about 11 or 12, I will always remember the salesman at OfficeMax telling us "you will never need more than 4 megabytes of ram."

LOL

LOL yea thats about the age I was. And you'll never fill that 80MB hard drive.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 04:52:14 PM

Simple?  Meh I remember having to mess around for hours configuring XMS and EMS just right to get Civ to play on my 386 SX.  Or how about running cable everywhere and having to terminate ends to set up networks just to play Doom multiplayer.  Oh the exhiliration of hitting the turbo button and hearing the computer's pitch turn higher as you went from 8MHz to 16MHz  Grin

Is the failover in GUIMiner using pocblm adequate? I never got that to work right?  I may just have to follow gigavps's advice and switch to cgminer.

Man, I got so used to command prompt with DOS (was still using command prompts to move files in XP until a few years ago).  Finally retrain my brain for all GUI and now I need to learn Linux.  *#&^$^%@#&%$  Tongue Cry
slider1978

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:07:17 PM

Simple?  Meh I remember having to mess around for hours configuring XMS and EMS just right to get Civ to play on my 386 SX.  Or how about running cable everywhere and having to terminate ends to set up networks just to play Doom multiplayer.  Oh the exhiliration of hitting the turbo button and hearing the computer's pitch turn higher as you went from 8MHz to 16MHz  Grin

Is the failover in GUIMiner using pocblm adequate? I never got that to work right?  I may just have to follow gigavps's advice and switch to cgminer.

Man, I got so used to command prompt with DOS (was still using command prompts to move files in XP until a few years ago).  Finally retrain my brain for all GUI and now I need to learn Linux.  *#&^$^%@#&%$  Tongue Cry

Yea I guess simple is relative. I mean back then if I didn't get it to work it was just me, now when something is broken my world stops till we get it fixed and everyone is waiting. I guess I wish for the "simple" (read less stressful) days of IT.....or my life.

I never got the failover to work right in guiminer either, and cgminer is just so much better once you get used to it.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:08:55 PM

If you have any questions, feel free to bug me (DrG only).  I've been using Linux since I was 12.  The Unix design is beautiful, and is not just the best model for computing, it teaches you much about sharing limited resources between agents with disparate goals.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:20:29 PM

If you have any questions, feel free to bug me (DrG only).  I've been using Linux since I was 12.  The Unix design is beautiful, and is not just the best model for computing, it teaches you much about sharing limited resources between agents with disparate goals.

Indeed it is. The biggest thing I noticed when I started using Linux/Unix is how well-written it was. Sure, it may not have been as friendly as fancy Microsoft GUIs, but the OS had excellent, comprehensive documentation built in, incredible tools for system administration, and worked cohesively in a way Windows, with its layers of increasingly obsolete non-documented code and nonsensical elements like the registry, never could. Switch to Linux, you won't regret it. As for what to start with, Ubuntu, Fedora, and Mint are likely the easiest "switch from Windows" distributions. When you're ready for something a little more challenging, try Arch, Gentoo, or FreeBSD. (If you want to learn server administration, CentOS or FreeBSD are by far the best options)

I'm also glad to offer any advice, to anyone. I am no Linux expert, but I do know my way around.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
teflone

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 12:35:36 AM

Whoa got cgminer working.. that was easy.. and there is a nice little text based menu..  I was under the assumption it was all command line.

I got one of my units on cg miner pointed at gpumax ..

I should've switched ages ago..  liking the all in one=esque cgminer.. Smiley   thanks for the tips

Will report tomorrow how all fares for the night.

I see the occasional Pool is not supplying work fast enough so far..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 12:46:55 AM

Whoa got cgminer working.. that was easy.. and there is a nice little text based menu..  I was under the assumption it was all command line.

I should've switched ages ago..  liking the all in one=esque cgminer.. Smiley   thanks for the tips

you are welcome -> 17TSqFTpjcpMfAcdYmtYLWRJ4UmYccVUwh
cablepair

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 01:06:38 AM

*cough* he was thanking me,

you introduced the idea but I sold it.

besides whats a big willy like you doing soliciting donations? Your mining rigs use more kwh than south america

lol j/k my friend Tongue
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:07:34 AM

Since we're still in Beta, you may want to remember the extremely useful line
--failover-only

It'll save you from 'leaking' to your backup pools when the long-poll isn't responding as quickly.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:53:41 AM

if you have a php server locally....  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58834.0

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
teflone

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 02:24:21 AM

Since we're still in Beta, you may want to remember the extremely useful line
--failover-only

It'll save you from 'leaking' to your backup pools when the long-poll isn't responding as quickly.

Leaking ?  

Can you elaborate while I goto the cg miner thread to look this up..

Wait got it, this was the stalling I saw, it looked wasteful

Thanks!

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 07:42:46 PM

We're going to be running some tests on some "we think" faulty hardware.  During this time the system will be running on a backup system which is not designed to handle loads for long.  Except some connection issues for about 30 minutes.

Thanks,

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:44:26 AM

Any updates ?
I finally had to move my miners onto my backup pool exclusively, as I was having too many 'sick' miners in CGMiner.

I actually had to remove GPUMAX from my pool list in my config entirely for the time being, as even leaking work to it as a backup pool was causing me problems.

Let me know when everything is back online and I will try to reconnect everything.
bitlane.

<EDIT>
I am unable to even load the website/control panel in a timely fashion, so is it safe to assume you are still 'testing' ?
Launching CGMiner 2.2.7 with GPUMAX as my primary pool, causes it to just sit there, almost timing out...

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:47:09 AM

Any updates ?
I finally had to move my miners onto my backup pool exclusively, as I was having too many 'sick' miners in CGMiner.

I actually had to remove GPUMAX from my pool list in my config entirely for the time being, as even leaking work to it as a backup pool was causing me problems.

Let me know when everything is back online and I will try to reconnect everything.
bitlane.

Hmm. It's working just fine for me; my miners have been stable with no disconnects for multiple hours. Check your GPUMAX backup pool, maybe it's the issue.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:50:53 AM

Any updates ?

bitlane.

Hmm. It's working just fine for me; my miners have been stable with no disconnects for multiple hours. Check your GPUMAX backup pool, maybe it's the issue.

I've been mining using my 'backup pool' which is BTCGuild for the last few 6 hours without a hickup with everything else removed from my config.

Connecting (or trying to) to GPUMAX takes longer than it should in CGMiner (as BTCGuild connects/starts immediately by itself)....it leaves CGMiner at it's starting screen for up to 10+ seconds most times....even when it is the only pool in my BAT file.

I only connect to 2 places. GPUMAX and BTCGuild....and for testing, am leaving out a backup when trying either or, as GPUMAX seems to cause issues with 'sick' miners much of the time and I don't see the issue anywhere else unfortunately.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: