Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:32:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json.  (Read 94753 times)
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 05:14:47 PM

Added ZEN Zencash to gpu list
https://whattomine.com/coins/185-zen-equihash

Also added values for 1080 card to GPU section Smiley

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:23:57 AM

Just wanted to say thanks you guys do an awesome job, you make mining fun and profitable!

You should advertise with companies that have miners in stock. That's my only request, I see the x11 miner but they never have any stock. Also a good ICO to list on your website is Giga Watt which does hosting for miners, check it out https://cryptonomos.com/?r=1H2MkmZnQak9mIc0NKCaddDsQ

Avalon has stock, I don't know if they pay and you deserve to get paid but it'd be cool if they advertised on what to mine. Just trying to think of the few places that have miners left. Anyway thanks and cheers  Grin

fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 08:33:57 PM

Just wanted to say thanks you guys do an awesome job, you make mining fun and profitable!

You should advertise with companies that have miners in stock. That's my only request, I see the x11 miner but they never have any stock. Also a good ICO to list on your website is Giga Watt which does hosting for miners, check it out https://cryptonomos.com/?r=1H2MkmZnQak9mIc0NKCaddDsQ

Avalon has stock, I don't know if they pay and you deserve to get paid but it'd be cool if they advertised on what to mine. Just trying to think of the few places that have miners left. Anyway thanks and cheers  Grin

Thanks Smiley

I am not really looking for advertisers, they usually come to me if they need an ad placed.
I think all baikal stock is bought instantly. Its possible they prefer to sell on chinese market first.

MindALot

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:35:15 PM

Is there a way to get the coins result from the front page and add in skein to the html results?

I tried hacking in skein but with no results.
fonyo

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:41:17 PM

Do you keep historical profitability data and if so is it accessible ?

I dont delete past data, but its not accessible, nor it is refined or even sanitized to be shown Tongue

Would you mind creating a profitability chart/graph for historical data or even just plain text (percentage) such as the one you have in the last column but for intervals of last month to a year please?
MindALot

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:07:15 AM

Would anyone be interested in an 'auto-switcher' for Linux?

The first revision would require the user to do a bit of upfront configuration (point to all miners, set up wallets, all using editing on the Linux processors).

I have messed with curl / whattomine's json interface enough to parse which coins are the most profitable, by how much difference, and I know enough to find/kill processes and restart new miners.

I already have a script which can easily switch what 'coin' to mine - even supporting multiple pools for a single coin.

I could probably interface with most pools to figure out if your rig is underperforming at the pool and switch to the next.

The question is - does anyone care?

There are already auto-miners on Windows (nicehash/minersgate).  There might be one for Linux that I haven't found yet.

Thoughts?  Features desired before you'd be interested?
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 05:22:43 AM

Is there a way to get the coins result from the front page and add in skein to the html results?

I tried hacking in skein but with no results.

Its not possible right now, but you can call skein single calc json on a side and then merge it into index response.

@fonyo No time right now for this, but I would like to see graphs on the site one day.
What are you looking for? Past is past Wink

@MindALot There is no nicehash miner for linux? Interesting.

MindALot

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:35:49 AM

hmmm.. maybe I'm wrong.  Last I went looking sgminer either didn't support Linux or Nvidia .. but it seems there is support.. so maybe I just couldn't find it before.
fonyo

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:47:24 AM

Would anyone be interested in an 'auto-switcher' for Linux?

The first revision would require the user to do a bit of upfront configuration (point to all miners, set up wallets, all using editing on the Linux processors).

I have messed with curl / whattomine's json interface enough to parse which coins are the most profitable, by how much difference, and I know enough to find/kill processes and restart new miners.

I already have a script which can easily switch what 'coin' to mine - even supporting multiple pools for a single coin.

I could probably interface with most pools to figure out if your rig is underperforming at the pool and switch to the next.

The question is - does anyone care?

There are already auto-miners on Windows (nicehash/minersgate).  There might be one for Linux that I haven't found yet.

Thoughts?  Features desired before you'd be interested?

Check out aaronsace on github.com (multipoolminer). I believe Linux version is also coming.

@fonyo No time right now for this, but I would like to see graphs on the site one day.
What are you looking for? Past is past Wink

I'd like to use the data for a presentation. Any idea where else I could get data from?
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:41:28 AM

I'd like to use the data for a presentation. Any idea where else I could get data from?

Just to clarify - I dont store profitability(or btc revenue) at all, its always computed on the fly.

Most accurate would be to get data straight from the blockchain for `difficulty`, `block_reward` with their `timestamp`.
Then add `exchange_rate` for this timestamp (or its 24hr average) and compute revenues.

I guess you could scrape it yourself from block_explorers, but for how many coins do you need it?
I have misunderstood that you need this exposed longterm. Are you looking for a one-time data drop?

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:56:51 PM

Hi -
Can I ask about the Revenue column?  You have two figures "Rev. BTC" and "Rev. 24h." 
I assume that the Rev. 24h is the revenue your miner would receive in 24 hours of mining converted to BTC.  But what does the top number mean?  Rev. BTC?
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 06:22:07 PM

Hi -
Can I ask about the Revenue column?  You have two figures "Rev. BTC" and "Rev. 24h." 
I assume that the Rev. 24h is the revenue your miner would receive in 24 hours of mining converted to BTC.  But what does the top number mean?  Rev. BTC?

Sure, Rev BTC is a revenue calculated using current difficulty and Rev 24h using difficulty average over last 24h.
Both values are per full day of mining.

fonyo

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:16:46 PM

Just to clarify - I dont store profitability(or btc revenue) at all, its always computed on the fly.

Most accurate would be to get data straight from the blockchain for `difficulty`, `block_reward` with their `timestamp`.
Then add `exchange_rate` for this timestamp (or its 24hr average) and compute revenues.

I guess you could scrape it yourself from block_explorers, but for how many coins do you need it?
I have misunderstood that you need this exposed longterm. Are you looking for a one-time data drop?

Yes, surely I could "scissor" pieces together from various sources to prove/present something but it is much more acceptable if it comes from a single official/transparent source. (Woah, I have said it, your site is cool for serious business!) Yes, it is a one-time data drop to date. Whatever I can work with. I am an MI guy, anything Excel can digest is good. If you have more than what Excel can handle is also cool. It wouldn't be the first time stretching the boundaries of Excel (or killing it). Wink If not, I will figure out something, no worries. Although, I think this would benefit others, too.

Still, you rock matey. Keep up the great work. Best of luck with your baby. Smiley
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:22:43 PM

Hi -

Sure, Rev BTC is a revenue calculated using current difficulty and Rev 24h using difficulty average over last 24h.
Both values are per full day of mining.
Got it.  Thanks!
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 06:07:52 AM

Yes, surely I could "scissor" pieces together from various sources to prove/present something but it is much more acceptable if it comes from a single official/transparent source. (Woah, I have said it, your site is cool for serious business!) Yes, it is a one-time data drop to date. Whatever I can work with. I am an MI guy, anything Excel can digest is good. If you have more than what Excel can handle is also cool. It wouldn't be the first time stretching the boundaries of Excel (or killing it). Wink If not, I will figure out something, no worries. Although, I think this would benefit others, too.

Still, you rock matey. Keep up the great work. Best of luck with your baby. Smiley

Cheesy Thanks

Let me know in private what exact values are you after and for what coins. (Hopefully just a few Cheesy )

Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:23:51 AM

How come that when i enter:

2000mh / 3200W  (with script coins)   I get Bela on place #1

And when I enter

200.000 / 352.000W (with scypt coins)   I get LTC on place #1

Why is Bela more profitable with only 4 miners, while LTC is 3-4 times as profitable when I use 400 miners?

Am I nuts or is there a logical reason behind it?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
wilkas

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:10:42 AM

I'm new to mining and use NiceHash miner. Can anyone explain how do I use WhatToMine to choose more profitable mining? For exampe it says "Musicoin(MUSIC) / Ethash" is more profitable than "Nicehash-Ethash". So what does that mean? Which miner is there to be used that would mine "Musicoin(MUSIC) / Ethash"?
uzgen

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:50:13 PM

Hello, nice service.
You should correct link to Cryptopia HUSH market
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=HUSH_BTC is correct one.
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 06:47:26 PM

How come that when i enter:

2000mh / 3200W  (with script coins)   I get Bela on place #1

And when I enter

200.000 / 352.000W (with scypt coins)   I get LTC on place #1

Why is Bela more profitable with only 4 miners, while LTC is 3-4 times as profitable when I use 400 miners?

Am I nuts or is there a logical reason behind it?

Bela has much lower network hashrate than litecoin.
If you add 400 miners for bela you will increase difficulty by significant amount, litecoin on the other hand wont even feel a difference.

@wilkas
You can use claymore miner to mine other ethash coins directly.
Just need to choose if you prefer to get paid directly in BTC via nicehash or want to gather other coins first.

@uzgen
Thanks, updated

Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:32:58 AM

I just wanted to let you know that Bela and NVC are not on the site anymore (in case you did not notice)

Bela implemented DGW and had a fork i guess. Maybe thats the reason Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: