Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:42:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json.  (Read 94756 times)
Tofu91

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:56:41 AM

I want to get Zoin (ZOI) added to whattomine but I have not heard back from my email request yet after a few weeks. Is there anything else I need to do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 08:11:15 AM

I'm only seeing 3.3% rejection, but that's over time.  It's possible that there have been periods of 100% rejection but I wasn't monitoring.

Getting disconnects or orphans on nlpool now as well.
The calcs are good, its just network is in a shitty state of orphans or pools going down.
Will think about including default fee to reflect orphan rate.

@CryptAtomeTrader44
I think someone is trying to find connections where there might be none Wink
Any coin can go dev-abandonded. Research, check and react.

@Tofu91
Not listing CPU coins.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:29:24 AM

@CryptAtomeTrader44
I think someone is trying to find connections where there might be none Wink
Any coin can go dev-abandonded. Research, check and react.

I made my research and i think Vivo and Innova were abandonned and some people make some pump to innova recently.

GBX and TZC btctalk thread seems to be active and the team responds quickly but for CRC, INNOVA and VIVO nobody seems behind their project.
DeV code have no commits since month.

Thei website are not updated.

So i think these three last i quote are not real project and they are not sustained by real DEV behind them.
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:37:47 AM

I see you have added XVG B2S on COINS tab at WTM site.
Verge-Blake (2s)(XVG)

Do you plan to add it to the profitability list for minning against ETH?

I also noticed that you have added it to the ETH +, ETC + and EXP + tabs since Claymore submitted a big update.

It seems that mining XVG in blake2s is more profitable than in Lyra2
I chose the unimining pool that seems to indicate 38 000+ connected miners. I think they're taking advantage of the Claymore update ... Maybe they would be useful for getting the blake2s difficulty numbers.
MrTK90

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:24:50 AM

This site is really great and in fact pretty accurate.
It would be great if there is any option to convert it in other currencys like EUR € or GBP £ (maybe with the current exchange DOLLAR->EURO).
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:28:06 AM

@CryptAtomeTrader44
Good that you are doing your research, but as long as there is volume on the exchanges then mining any coin should be safe. Smiley

Not willing to add an algo which only active coin is multi-algo.

@MrTK90
Cheers!
That wont be coming in the near future. Personall I prefer to stay in $, even though thats not my currency.

CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:30:20 PM

@CryptAtomeTrader44
Good that you are doing your research, but as long as there is volume on the exchanges then mining any coin should be safe. Smiley

I'm really not sure that volume is sufficient parameter for saying if it's sure or not. Especially on an exchange like cryptopia. In fact i think the volume drop down drastically since 2 weeks from 9-10 BTC/Day to 2-4 BTC/day
I just disabled them on my Rig because they drop down so much. I leave them to others

In addition to that the teams do not communicate, the websites look like tasteless empty shells at the chest to ask if I did not lose too many hashes in all these neoscrypt coins.Even FTC that seemed to me better.

Not willing to add an algo which only active coin is multi-algo.

However you have added it in many tabs and menus on your site or also for nicehash.

Never mind
pbfarmer

Merit: 29

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:11:43 PM

Any idea if LUX rewards reflect the 20% reduction (20% of mining rewards going to masternodes) yet?  My earnings seem to be at least 20% off of WTM estimates.
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:49:31 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 06:59:31 PM by fredeq

Any idea if LUX rewards reflect the 20% reduction (20% of mining rewards going to masternodes) yet?  My earnings seem to be at least 20% off of WTM estimates.

Will paste my email response to the same question:
Honestly I cant find any mention of 20% reduction.
Also blocks on chainz explorer list full 10 reward being generated by a single address.

Devs of the coin confirmed with me the estimated results few days after the coin was added.
Will have to test this coin myself.

EDIT:
Found a problem with stat storing that would result in lowered averages.
Estimates should be better soon.

pbfarmer

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:38:47 PM

Any idea if LUX rewards reflect the 20% reduction (20% of mining rewards going to masternodes) yet?  My earnings seem to be at least 20% off of WTM estimates.

Will paste my email response to the same question:
Honestly I cant find any mention of 20% reduction.
Also blocks on chainz explorer list full 10 reward being generated by a single address.

Devs of the coin confirmed with me the estimated results few days after the coin was added.
Will have to test this coin myself.

EDIT:
Found a problem with stat storing that would result in lowered averages.
Estimates should be better soon.

After digging around a bit more, I don't think they've actually implemented the 20% share to MNs yet.  But it is in the works, so you might want to keep an eye out for it.

Btw, I've also noticed that network hashrates/difficulty changes don't always affect the reward/revenue/profit estimates the way it seems they should... Is this just because you're using a 24hr avg?

Thanks for the updates.
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 10:32:34 AM

Btw, I've also noticed that network hashrates/difficulty changes don't always affect the reward/revenue/profit estimates the way it seems they should... Is this just because you're using a 24hr avg?

Thanks for the updates.

Sounds about right. You can always use current values if needed.

tedyx

Activity: 108
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:40:03 PM

Hi fredeq,

First I'd like to congratulate you for the most accurate mining profit calculator there is  Cool
The ability to adjust settings like block reward, difficulty and exchange rate is great!
However, sometimes when i adjust them for a coin not listed there, i get completely wrong results, meaning there is more to the equation.
I guess it is block time; is it possible to adjust that when calculating as well?
Thanks!
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:09:34 PM

Hi fredeq,

First I'd like to congratulate you for the most accurate mining profit calculator there is  Cool
The ability to adjust settings like block reward, difficulty and exchange rate is great!
However, sometimes when i adjust them for a coin not listed there, i get completely wrong results, meaning there is more to the equation.
I guess it is block time; is it possible to adjust that when calculating as well?
Thanks!

Thanks Smiley

Actually block_time takes no part in the equation, difficulty is all that matters.
If you try to calculate for a coin with the same algo then the results should be ok.

Unless you try to simulate low-hashrate coin on big-hashrate coin.
Would recommend to simluate always on low-hashrate for better results.

pbfarmer

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:15:40 AM

Thanks for the updates.

Sounds about right. You can always use current values if needed.

Thanks again for the fix...  Estimates are much more in-line now.

I generally do check rewards/earnings based on current difficulty for coins in the main list, but it doesn't seem to be an option for coins like LUX which require navigating to it's own page.  Any chance you plan on porting that feature over?  A window between 1hr and 24hr would be useful too - 1 can be too short w/ the massive swings caused by NH and large hashrate profit chasers, and 24 can be excruciatingly long when trying to validate first time setups...  Maybe something like 3 or 6hrs?

Cheers!
Bramen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:07:21 AM

Newbie questions:

How are the datasets stored? Is it using a cookie across sessions, and can I move a dataset to another computer or browser?

Is there an easy way to calculate costs for renting mining power, rather than using my own rig? Now I'm manually plugging in fake figures for Watt cost and hours to get to the net total cost of rental in terms of electricity.
tedyx

Activity: 108
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:32:22 AM

Thanks Smiley

Actually block_time takes no part in the equation, difficulty is all that matters.
If you try to calculate for a coin with the same algo then the results should be ok.

Unless you try to simulate low-hashrate coin on big-hashrate coin.
Would recommend to simluate always on low-hashrate for better results.

Thank you for explanation!
That's what I thought at first, that block_time doesn't matter, but the huge difference made me think otherwise.
Unfortunately I have skipped too many math classes to calculate profitability on my own   Roll Eyes
I'm trying to calculate profitability on Quark algo: sample1 sample2

As you can see, there's a huge difference between these two Quark based coins; I think sample2 (AMS coin) is accurate one, but it doesn't provide json format: {"errors":["Could not find active coin with id 145"]} and other Quark based coins doesn't as well (beside QRK which is very inaccurate for other Quark coins)

Can you enable json on AMS coin, please?
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 07:13:26 PM

I generally do check rewards/earnings based on current difficulty for coins in the main list, but it doesn't seem to be an option for coins like LUX which require navigating to it's own page.  Any chance you plan on porting that feature over?  A window between 1hr and 24hr would be useful too - 1 can be too short w/ the massive swings caused by NH and large hashrate profit chasers, and 24 can be excruciatingly long when trying to validate first time setups...  Maybe something like 3 or 6hrs?

Cheers!

24h is a reasonable minimum to get normalized rewards, keep in mind that people are comparing their results to those figures.
Will think about presetting solo coins to certain averages on demand.

@Bramen
As cookies. You could move the cookie file to other computer if needed.
I would simply take renting cost in $ and present it with 41.667W. You would have to manipulate W entry if you want to do it for multiple algos though, so I guess no easy way Wink

@tedyx
AMS is an inactive coin, thats why you cant request a json for it.
Anyway the difference comes from the fact that QRK uses an original algo multiplier of 2^24, but AMS uses default one of 2^32.

You could simulate 2^32 on many algos, for example scrypt, just dont use LTC for it (high-hashrate)

thak777

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:39:22 PM

Someone asked earlier about what the 'default' is for the JSON pulls, i.e.

http://whattomine.com/asic.json

I realized that I have exactly the same question.  I have a number of ASICs that hash at different rates, so I need to be able to use separate hashrate values for each of them.  However, I don't want to hit the site once per ASIC to get my calculations.

After some rough guessing with the  UI, it looks like it's assuming something like 14000Gh/s for SHA-256 (for example).  However, it would be nice to know exactly what those defaults are for each algorithm so I don't have to guess.

And yes, I can use a ratio of my hashrate to the estimated 14TH/s number, but it'd be preferable to get the right answer directly.  Smiley
michalss

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:53:09 PM

Well i would like to know how to ask over API with custom values ? Like there is some default but i want to for example use different hashing speed and so on. How to do it pls ? I was not able to found any docs..
pbfarmer

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:19:21 AM

Cheers!

24h is a reasonable minimum to get normalized rewards, keep in mind that people are comparing their results to those figures.
Will think about presetting solo coins to certain averages on demand.

Oh sure... I just meant something bet 1 and 24hrs as an addition to the dropdown.  But not a big deal either way, just a suggestion.  Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: