Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:20:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:39:42 AM

Guys,

Getting back to everyone now. New back planes are running. Apologies if anyone received poorly shipped miners. Threats of legal issues have set us back financially and production wise as well, but we'll get through it. Several miners went out over the last few days as well, not sure if it was anyone from this thread.

Update is 61 miners/rigs between last week and this week so far.

Please don't think we went missing or forgot about you or are stalling as some of you have suggested, we're currently figuring out realistic options to hopefully satisfy everyone in the end.

at the end??
ROFL next week month or year will be the end
The end is after a month or so guy's Grin Grin Grin Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:54:35 AM

Guys,

Getting back to everyone now. New back planes are running. Apologies if anyone received poorly shipped miners. Threats of legal issues have set us back financially and production wise as well, but we'll get through it. Several miners went out over the last few days as well, not sure if it was anyone from this thread.

Please don't think we went missing or forgot about you or are stalling as some of you have suggested, we're currently figuring out realistic options to hopefully satisfy everyone in the end.

Still waiting for a response on what you will do with my physically damage miner and the missing backplane.

Also, where are the instructions to hook this up?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:00:07 AM

DID ANY ONE GET THE PI TO RECOGNIZE THE BOARDS ?
when you plug it in and go through the pi type killall cgminer then type cgminer -DT better if done through putty should come up with a load of info. if it dosent recognise any boards yo may need to check your backplabe is connected correctly.  if it sees boards you should be good to go. head into the amt 192.168.1.xxx and click the save and restart cgminer. may need to do it a coup[le of times but it should start mining
and make sure that little (floppy drive?) power connector is plugged in to the backplane. There's a pic of that further back.

Does anyone have a connection diagram or do customers all have to discover this on their own?

Man.... these AMT folks are the worst.

Think this is the closest we've come to that https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg6204573#msg6204573

now the 24 hr dry run is over we will disassemble the miner tomorrow and will post a full tut on how to install and set up the pi, blades, back plane and psu. how to get connected and also what tools you will need to aid you in usage.

hopefully be up and done by 6/7pm gmt. all being well

Thanks for taking the time to do AMT's job. I'm sure there are many who could use your input and limited experience with these things. Looking forward to it.

We asked him to do it because reggie is a nice guy that seems to have a handle on our product, one less thing to think about is always good.

Are you saying that customers need to splice wiring of their power supplies to get this working?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:30:29 AM

That guide was to inform others on the requirements to do it right.
If you use the BIG corsairs they have 8 separate PCIE cables. To do QUAD SLI properly. (2 cables per card).
Your choice of P/S will dictate what is needed to do following that guide.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:24:08 AM

DID ANY ONE GET THE PI TO RECOGNIZE THE BOARDS ?
when you plug it in and go through the pi type killall cgminer then type cgminer -DT better if done through putty should come up with a load of info. if it dosent recognise any boards yo may need to check your backplabe is connected correctly.  if it sees boards you should be good to go. head into the amt 192.168.1.xxx and click the save and restart cgminer. may need to do it a coup[le of times but it should start mining
and make sure that little (floppy drive?) power connector is plugged in to the backplane. There's a pic of that further back.

Does anyone have a connection diagram or do customers all have to discover this on their own?

Man.... these AMT folks are the worst.

Think this is the closest we've come to that https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg6204573#msg6204573

now the 24 hr dry run is over we will disassemble the miner tomorrow and will post a full tut on how to install and set up the pi, blades, back plane and psu. how to get connected and also what tools you will need to aid you in usage.

hopefully be up and done by 6/7pm gmt. all being well

Thanks for taking the time to do AMT's job. I'm sure there are many who could use your input and limited experience with these things. Looking forward to it.

We asked him to do it because reggie is a nice guy that seems to have a handle on our product, one less thing to think about is always good.

Are you saying that customers need to splice wiring of their power supplies to get this working?
noooooooooooo unless your psu is poop or is missing connections. 3-5 pci e 6 pins 1 24 pin mobo and a floppy connector. minimum. plus sata or molei to run fans

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:52:12 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 02:15:22 PM by loshia

I tell all my employees that FedEx is coming on Monday as you promised, no one shows. Tuesday, no one from FedEx shows up. I am sure you can understand why I have become beyond aggravated. Unless I am refunded all my money like ASAP (and I really mean like right now) a lawsuit is not a threat, it is a promise. I have to have a cutoff from this madness, I have given AMT every chance.
Zipkin poserko?
Piklioto is speaking and you'd better listen carefully

Tell something to the people or you can moderate your PAYING CUSTOMERS also Grin
Get a plain ticket for a warm place. You still have time for it Grin
Or preferably get used to highly engineered cages from your engineers Grin Grin
Just make sure your ass is not toooo big and you will fill comfortable sitting there Grin Grin Grin
It is a shame Zipkin and as i said it stinks Grin
Show some dignity at the end end explain to your customers what POSERKO actually means Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Chazaki

Activity: 181

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:44:15 PM

Guys,

How about shipping peoples units as promised? And instead of telling people one thing and then ignoring them after you didn't fulfill what you said you would, how about trying to be honest for once? Don't tell people they will receive tracking number one week and then go silent on them for lengthy periods of time. How about you ship your products with adequate packaging so that the miners are not DOA? How about you ship orders BY ORDER NUMBER! There is no excuse why people with higher order numbers get their order before people who have lower order numbers. This is just shady and dishonest business.

How about you don't BLAME YOUR CUSTOMERS for broken miners that you failed to properly ship? That's the most disrespectful I have seen your company since the start of this whole debacle... And now you're telling us you're trying to "satisfy everyone in the end". Forgive me for not buying it.

Just a reminder, AMT you have until the end of the day TODAY to reach out to me and update me on the status of my order 899 AND provide me my tacking number (which you said I would receive a last week) before I contact my attorneys. This also isn't a threat, its an ultimatum. I placed my order in December of last year, there is no excuse why you haven't fulfilled my order yet, or at least given me an update as to why.

The ball is in your court AMT.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:57:24 PM

Guys,

How about shipping peoples units as promised? And instead of telling people one thing and then ignoring them after you didn't fulfill what you said you would, how about trying to be honest for once? Don't tell people they will receive tracking number one week and then go silent on them for lengthy periods of time. How about you ship your products with adequate packaging so that the miners are not DOA? How about you ship orders BY ORDER NUMBER! There is no excuse why people with higher order numbers get their order before people who have lower order numbers. This is just shady and dishonest business.

How about you don't BLAME YOUR CUSTOMERS for broken miners that you failed to properly ship? That's the most disrespectful I have seen your company since the start of this whole debacle... And now you're telling us you're trying to "satisfy everyone in the end". Forgive me for not buying it.

Just a reminder, AMT you have until the end of the day TODAY to reach out to me and update me on the status of my order 899 AND provide me my tacking number (which you said I would receive a last week) before I contact my attorneys. This also isn't a threat, its an ultimatum. I placed my order in December of last year, there is no excuse why you haven't fulfilled my order yet, or at least given me an update as to why.

The ball is in your court AMT.

AMT,
       You do have all of your customer's email addresses in your ordering system. Why don't you spend some time and make an update email and send to only these customers ? You can copy and paste everyone's email address in the BCC line in Outlook and everyone would get updated.

Do you really want every customer that you have do a search on the internet to find these forums just to get some information from you? Be proactive and communicate.
regtable69

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:10:05 PM

Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,
      Why must you always make a comment on 'everything' that AMT is saying? AMT is apologizing on its shipping methods and openness from them should be encouraged. As a company they should be communicating to their customers regularly. But you're comments are only meant to sidetrack 'every' conversation that they are trying to have.

You've already made your point which everyone knows about. But your comments not only make fun of AMT but a lot of your comments are pretty much saying that the customers were stupid to even purchase from AMT. Well, the fact is we have already purchased the equipment, we've already asked for refunds, etc. Now the customers are trying to work together to get their products working. So we don't want to make AMT go back into a hole because of non-customers like you. If you have a technical troubleshooting comment then post that, that would be appreciated.

If you're saying you are bringing awareness to new AMT customers, then do so in the other threads that have been made. I also visit those threads just as often to get the customer grievance side.
here here this thread isnt for the gripes of amt as a company or how the treat you but for the grief of owning and modifying a rig. and to bat around ideas on how to run where to run and keep it running.

and if your all stuck for something to do simply trawl the coincraft oficial threads or the bitmine threads. see how their aituation is the same as amt. customers awaiting orders, no psus cases or cages....... its a little deeper than amt if you just dig. one cog breaks a machine and if bitmine are experiencing issues and coincraft the chip dealers then surley it stands to reason amt inherit the same issues.... just a thought.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
Chazaki

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:14:44 PM

Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,
      Why must you always make a comment on 'everything' that AMT is saying? AMT is apologizing on its shipping methods and openness from them should be encouraged. As a company they should be communicating to their customers regularly. But you're comments are only meant to sidetrack 'every' conversation that they are trying to have.

You've already made your point which everyone knows about. But your comments not only make fun of AMT but a lot of your comments are pretty much saying that the customers were stupid to even purchase from AMT. Well, the fact is we have already purchased the equipment, we've already asked for refunds, etc. Now the customers are trying to work together to get their products working. So we don't want to make AMT go back into a hole because of non-customers like you. If you have a technical troubleshooting comment then post that, that would be appreciated.

If you're saying you are bringing awareness to new AMT customers, then do so in the other threads that have been made. I also visit those threads just as often to get the customer grievance side.
here here this thread isnt for the gripes of amt as a company or how the treat you but for the grief of owning and modifying a rig. and to bat around ideas on how to run where to run and keep it running.

and if your all stuck for something to do simply trawl the coincraft oficial threads or the bitmine threads. see how their aituation is the same as amt. customers awaiting orders, no psus cases or cages....... its a little deeper than amt if you just dig. one cog breaks a machine and if bitmine are experiencing issues and coincraft the chip dealers then surley it stands to reason amt inherit the same issues.... just a thought.

Shouldnt that be under the "Unofficial AMT Users" thread?

[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
regtable69

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,

the origional post? if i notce a post quote gets removed i too remove the post i put as it has no reference. i respond to a post in here because its on topic whilst here. if removed my reply is no longer on topic.

hopefully get you a good tut later. been real busy so far. what would you all prefer a video or a writeup with screen shots and pictures

Chazaki

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:22:16 PM

Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,

the origional post? if i notce a post quote gets removed i too remove the post i put as it has no reference. i respond to a post in here because its on topic whilst here. if removed my reply is no longer on topic.

hopefully get you a good tut later. been real busy so far.

Sorry should have clarified. Shouldn't the "Unofficial AMT Users" thread be the place for people to discuss the grief of owning and modifying a rig, and to talk about how to run where to run and keep it running

regtable69

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:25:58 PM

Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,

Sorry should have clarified. Shouldn't the "Unofficial AMT Users" thread be the place for people to discuss the grief of owning and modifying a rig, and to talk about how to run where to run and keep it running
i believe not as its unofficial you either dont have or never bought a rig. a place to unofficially talk about amt as a whole and have a general chat about amt. i thought this was the place reserved for official owners and customers to give technical feedback and get help setting up. i.e i just recieved my rig il look here in the official place to see what people are doing. keeping an un cluttered area for amts posts and tech help...... or thats my thought. and "greif" i dont mean in a bad way, just seems some people having a headache getting it going. and keeping it cool lol

Chazaki

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:31:01 PM

Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,

i believe not as its unofficial you either dont have or never bought a rig. a place to unofficially talk about amt as a whole and have a general chat about amt. i thought this was the place reserved for official owners and customers to give technical feedback and get help setting up. i.e i just recieved my rig il look here in the official place to see what people are doing. keeping an un cluttered area for amts posts and tech help...... or thats my thought. and "greif" i dont mean in a bad way, just seems some people having a headache getting it going. and keeping it cool lol

The problem is that AMT hasn't updated their OP to explain what the different forums are for.

regtable69

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:37:06 PM

Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,

"greif" i dont mean in a bad way, just seems some people having a headache getting it going. and keeping it cool lol

The problem is that AMT hasn't updated their OP to explain what the different forums are for.

i believe that is reserved space for future announcements. ckolivas did a good job of explaining in the last thread. as its hardware section
no unofficial post any more its a broken link. or im banned lmao
ckolivas post
A boring reminder of what the hardware section was meant for:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139380.0

sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:48:34 PM

AMT,
       Can you provide information if you have now received your shipment of power supplies? In one of your earlier posts you had mentioned that you were going to receive them in about two weeks which should be today. If the shipment is still delayed please let us know.

Thanks in Advance.
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:03:34 PM

Leave it to AMT to start a self moderated thread and leave it un-moderated.

As always, great good AMT!
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:04:13 PM

So wait, everybody is talking about the unofficial AMT users thread.

Is it still up and I have been locked out or has it bee removed?

"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:08:18 PM

"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

This topic has been moved to Trashcan.

by ckolivas
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 04:41:43 PM

This topic has been moved to Trashcan.

by ckolivas
There was a conflict of interest as far as I was concerned with there being an apparent "unofficial amt users thread" which should be posted in and run by the users but was actually a moderated thread by AMT, and there were already 2 or 3 other AMT user threads that served that purpose. Hence I deleted it.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: