Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:31:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining  (Read 163653 times)
iambaboon

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:15:02 AM

Pool down for you as well ?

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:17:29 AM

Pool down for you as well ?
yes  Sad
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 01:03:23 PM

It seems like the DGM payment estimate is about half of what it ends up actually paying out.  I don't understand how it works, but I'm ok with the payouts overall.

Yup I have no clue but very nice!

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:11:08 PM

This round is longer than the last but my estimated payout is quite a bit less still.  Is this due to the difficulty increase or is something else going on?

Dgm is like that, it also carries over credits even if you stop mining

I mined here quite a bit with my GPU's 5 or 6 months ago or whenever that was, so I am sort of used to the DGM.  But I have only been back for this round and the previous one.  I did get in on the previous round from almost right at the start.  But what seems off to me is that for the previous round I started at zero and still got a higher payout than I am at for this round where I did not start at zero and where I have been mining longer.  This is not how I recall DGM working.  A longer round always equaled a higher payout.  Although back then the difficulty jumps were not so steep which is why I was wondering if that had something to do with it.

I hadn't noticed this.  Maybe outages are responsible for the low DGM estimate I am seeing?

It seems like the DGM payment estimate is about half of what it ends up actually paying out.  I don't understand how it works, but I'm ok with the payouts overall.

Oh geez that better not be the case for me.  My estimate is already not very impressive for this round.  For the first round I was in (the one prior to this one) my payout was exactly what the estimate was (or at least very, very close since I didn't actually see it end). 
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 02:12:20 PM

This round is longer than the last but my estimated payout is quite a bit less still.  Is this due to the difficulty increase or is something else going on?

I mined here quite a bit with my GPU's 5 or 6 months ago or whenever that was, so I am sort of used to the DGM.  But I have only been back for this round and the previous one.  I did get in on the previous round from almost right at the start.  But what seems off to me is that for the previous round I started at zero and still got a higher payout than I am at for this round where I did not start at zero and where I have been mining longer.  This is not how I recall DGM working.  A longer round always equaled a higher payout.  Although back then the difficulty jumps were not so steep which is why I was wondering if that had something to do with it.

I hadn't noticed this.  Maybe outages are responsible for the low DGM estimate I am seeing?

Oh geez that better not be the case for me.  My estimate is already not very impressive for this round.  For the first round I was in (the one prior to this one) my payout was exactly what the estimate was (or at least very, very close since I didn't actually see it end). 

Payout is HIGHER

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 02:22:36 PM

Payout is HIGHER

Exactly, I look at it as perhaps they are showing low estimated payouts to make sure people don't feel like they are overpromised or anything.

I'm ok with underpromise, overdeliver, but it seems like a large descrepancy, which may scare new miners away.

As for the pool outages, my monitors check every 10 minutes, and I only got one e-mail in the middle of the night, which means I believe the pool was down for less than 19 minutes over night at some point, and back up & running just fine.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 02:26:28 PM

I wish stupid newbies would use this pool instead of scammer ghash

not.you
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:21:20 PM

Payout is HIGHER

Oooooooh.  Well that could well explains it.  If my first estimate was about equal to my payout but now my estimate is about half of the payout then the payout would be closer to what I remember for this pool.  My current estimate is only something like 80% of what my first round payout was.  But this round is already about 20 hours longer.  So if the payout was around twice the estimate then it would be higher than the first round as I would expect.

Another thing that might not encourage new people to join this pool is the 9TH in the thread title.  I notice the other pools update that and bitparking hasn't in a while.  It makes it look smaller than it is.  I came back here with my "too little too late ASICs" because I remember liking it when I was GPU mining.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 04:23:51 PM

I think the owner is taking a loss to help us still

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 04:40:49 PM

I disagree.  The DGM payouts are close to the 25 BTC plus expenses rewards.  The estimated payouts are just funkily displayed.

It's been that way for a few weeks now.

Fold for spending BTCs

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:09:49 PM

I disagree.  The DGM payouts are close to the 25 BTC plus expenses rewards.  The estimated payouts are just funkily displayed.

Dgm statistics say he's taking a loss and payouts are higher than income

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:28:22 PM

Dgm statistics say he's taking a loss and payouts are higher than income

Perhaps before November, and I think those stats are old from a long time ago when BTCS for $10 each.

When I take the data available on the website and add block rewards vs DGM payments, I get:

Rewards: 501.8353449
DGM Payment: 486.6518697

Pool is in the green 15 BTC for this period.

Which is ok.  I love this pool, and think Bitparking is fair; but it's also not a charity.

Fold for spending BTCs

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:42:10 PM

Oh good

not.you
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:54:55 PM

Wowie!  Yes very happy with payouts.  Looks like beyond the first (where the estimate was very close to the payout), the payout is about 80% higher than the estimate.  Very nice.  I mined on bitminter with my ASICs for about a month before moving here, now I wish I had just started here when I got them.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:13:59 PM

Awesome pool. Past and Present.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 05:50:09 PM

Wowie!  Yes very happy with payouts.  Looks like beyond the first (where the estimate was very close to the payout), the payout is about 80% higher than the estimate.  Very nice.  I mined on bitminter with my ASICs for about a month before moving here, now I wish I had just started here when I got them.

Awesome pool. Past and Present.

Yep & yep.

Tell your friends.

Fold for spending BTCs

not.you
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:42:01 PM

Any windows users actually mining groupcoins?  I am bringing more ASICs to the pool but I want to create an account where I accumulate groupcoins but don't see any means to create a wallet or see any place online where I can get one either.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:48:18 PM

Any windows users actually mining groupcoins?  I am bringing more ASICs to the pool but I want to create an account where I accumulate groupcoins but don't see any means to create a wallet or see any place online where I can get one either.

I haven't figured this out yet either.  I don't think there's any exchange for them either.

I've been leaving them for the pool (by not adding a Groupcoin address) hoping it helps reduce operating costs or something.

There are some people who have an address (likely posted previously) who you could donate them to as well instead.  Perhaps they would return some if they become valuable someday.

I may re-evaluate some point in the future.

Fold for spending BTCs

not.you
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:51:02 PM

Thanks for the responses but it may not matter.  I need to use the stratum proxy for these ASIC's and I can't get it working on bitparking. 

2014-01-12 09:50:08,194 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_connect # Subscribing for mining jobs
Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 397, in errback

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 464, in _startRunCallbacks

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 551, in _runCallbacks

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1101, in gotResult

--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1043, in _inlineCallbacks

File "twisted\python\failure.pyo", line 382, in throwExceptionIntoGenerator

File "mining_proxy.py", line 213, in main

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1045, in _inlineCallbacks

File "mining_proxy.py", line 102, in on_connect

exceptions.ValueError: too many values to unpack
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:12:10 AM

Yes!

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D85626597272A1BCB6642A900AB9D2B63F937BB9&dn=Groupcoin.ova&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.torrentfrancais.com%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fwww.h33t.com%3a3310%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969%2fannounce

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: