Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:12:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITS][BITSTAR] POS ★ MULTIPOOL ★ ANON ★ In Wallet FIAT Exchange beta  (Read 151813 times)
prospecta

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:44:08 AM

And first transaction after the release was not buyng, but someone who sell 41k bitstar.
Poor investor.

Just someone trying to drive the price down ... always happen on release ... just hold and look at this tard cryin Smiley

That "tard"probably made a good trade.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
InitialDat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:42:52 AM

MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE, FOR NETWORK STABILITY AND SECURITY

Windows Installer: https://mega.co.nz/#!AIk22BqI!htyz2x9RthYNw__QHb8Lu5DDlHP0W-Kw4jFvjBcfyWg
Windows ZIP: https://mega.co.nz/#!rIdTxIqK!FKYHn9-Rg2D0l05zuuHDh3lrdUN31BKn287VHP0DSqc
Mac Image: https://mega.co.nz/#!oYMmzLZD!iR0P5-yIjaL9SIMHcjFb3r7u2wGz3X2seFBSEvNTaZM

New version of wallet is 1.2.0.0, protocol code 60010

Please update before block 185,000

• added checkpoints
• configured synchronized checkpoints to offer some additional chain protection
• added command line switches -nostaking and -nolog, primarily to be used by exchanges
• added modifier interval patch, from 8h to 1 minute. Entry at block 185,000
• added address balance column on receive addresses tab

• few colour changes by changing some in-code style sheets

Syncing has been improved. if it seems to hang, just wait as it will just be processing the blocks and saving them to the database.

Amazing work devs! The new wallet looks great!
Loving the new balance column in Receive tab also. Smiley

Just curious why didn't you mention about the anonymous send?
I guess you wanted to mention it upon Stage 2 implementation. Grin

Yes this is the new "unmentioned" addon, will post more about it once we set it fully live.

Highlight feature coming out with stage 2 release. Not too long now.
tim14

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:45:30 AM

Subreddit has been updated with the official announcement: http://www.reddit.com/r/bitstar/comments/2b2u5j/mandatory_wallet_v12_for_network_stability_and/

And a cross post has been posted on the CryptoCurrency subreddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2b2vf8/mandatory_bitstar_wallet_update_released_phase_1/

Please subscribe and upvote to get the word out! Thanks.

Subscribed/voted
Alexkiddleb

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:18:22 AM

Seems to have done the trick! I had made transactions between my old backup however the wallet is still displaying my correct balance. Good one!

You were lucky usually coins are lost if you forgot password  Wink

I accidently sent $8000 USD worth of razorcoin to a riecoin address once

Ouch!

Ouch indeed - so there was no way to get them back? That is a pretty big floor in wallets if it doesn't bounce when it's not on the same blockchain.

Having said that, I like that there is someone who obviously has a bit in crypto also in bitstar. Nice vote of confidence.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:26:58 AM

#Ouch indeed - so there was no way to get them back? That is a pretty big floor in wallets if it doesn't bounce when it's not on the same blockchain.

No, it wouldn't go onto another coin's blockchain, it went to the address he sent it to on the Razorcoin's blockchain but that happened to be an address he'd cut-and-pasted from Riecoin by accident which was accepted as valid by by the Razorcoin blockchain, whereas they are usually rejected for not conforming to the right format for that coin. The recovery for that is to import the address back into your wallet, before anyone else realises you've sent it to an unprotected address on the blockchain and imports it before you.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:05:36 AM

I think this Stage 1 wallet is receiving far less praise than it deserves.

A road map for Stage 2, detailed feature description & technical info etc would definitely make a big difference I think.

barcodeguy

Activity: 145

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 11:40:07 AM

#Ouch indeed - so there was no way to get them back? That is a pretty big floor in wallets if it doesn't bounce when it's not on the same blockchain.

No, it wouldn't go onto another coin's blockchain, it went to the address he sent it to on the Razorcoin's blockchain but that happened to be an address he'd cut-and-pasted from Riecoin by accident which was accepted as valid by by the Razorcoin blockchain, whereas they are usually rejected for not conforming to the right format for that coin. The recovery for that is to import the address back into your wallet, before anyone else realises you've sent it to an unprotected address on the blockchain and imports it before you.

Question - How would you import it in? You would only have the public key, not the private one.

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
coin-swap

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:42:27 AM

Get listed at Coin-Swap.net

How to get listed
You can get listed immediate if you meet the requirements at https://coin-swap.net/newcoin
or
You can vote once per hour in our IRC channel #coin-swap
Registration
Register

Support
Contact

Deposits
Confirmations are currently set to 10. You can watch the status of your deposit from your Deposit page.
_theone

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:11:25 PM

think feature 2 must be released soon. any eta?

zzz
_theone

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:12:43 PM

Question - How would you import it in? You would only have the public key, not the private one.

without the private key you cannot import it in.

you can ask the owner of the address to share the riecoins address'es private key.

If both coins addresses start with R , both coins have the same PUBKEY_ADDRESS in base58.h.

zzz
Frostbite72

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:54:28 PM

Windows Installer: https://mega.co.nz/#!AIk22BqI!htyz2x9RthYNw__QHb8Lu5DDlHP0W-Kw4jFvjBcfyWg
Windows ZIP: https://mega.co.nz/#!rIdTxIqK!FKYHn9-Rg2D0l05zuuHDh3lrdUN31BKn287VHP0DSqc
Mac Image: https://mega.co.nz/#!oYMmzLZD!iR0P5-yIjaL9SIMHcjFb3r7u2wGz3X2seFBSEvNTaZM

• added checkpoints
• added command line switches -nostaking and -nolog, primarily to be used by exchanges

Syncing has been improved. if it seems to hang, just wait as it will just be processing the blocks and saving them to the database.

Downloaded the Mac wallet twice and keep getting this message when I try launching the OSX version...

“bitstar-qt” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

My problem has been resolved. Dev uploaded wallet file to a different location from Mega to give me an alternate location to download the wallet from. Downloaded and was able to open without trouble.

Appears problem was most likely cloud from Mega was messing up download.

Thanks Dev!!!

_theone

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:01:13 PM

how are the syncs going?

zzz
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:03:51 PM

Remember, the next upgrade will be optional as it will add a number of very useful services, albeit these services will initially be predominantly centralised, akin the the value-added-services Vericoin offers.

If you have an absolute aversion to centralised services of any kind, you do not have to upgrade to it, so don't bother posting screaming expletive-filled psychotic anti-centralised-service rants, you know, the kind that often seem to be filling up the VRC thread by unhinged haters!

The next stages of the Bitstar project will include the transition of some of the features to p2p decentralised structures, so you can always wait for that if you feel the need.

Otherwise, as things currently stand, the new functionality that is being introduced to the wallet will be immensely useful. Utility and usefulness win over militant decentralisation.

[edit] Mine synched instantaneously.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2450
Merit: 693

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 01:08:57 PM

• added checkpoints

Downloaded the Mac wallet twice and keep getting this message when I try launching the OSX version...

“bitstar-qt” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

My problem has been resolved. Dev uploaded wallet file to a different location from Mega to give me an alternate location to download the wallet from. Downloaded and was able to open without trouble.

Appears problem was most likely cloud from Mega was messing up download.

Thanks Dev!!!

No problem, I've just uploaded the files to mediafire too incase any other users have the same issue.

Windows Installer (updated 18/07): Mega.co.nz | Mediafire
Windows ZIP (updated 18/07): Mega.co.nz | Mediafire
Mac Image (updated 18/07): Mega.co.nz | Mediafire

_theone

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:15:07 PM

Remember, the next upgrade will be optional as it will add a number of very useful services, albeit these services will initially be predominantly centralised, akin the the value-added-services Vericoin offers.

If you have an absolute aversion to centralised services of any kind, you do not have to upgrade to it, so don't bother posting screaming expletive-filled psychotic anti-centralised-service rants, you know, the kind that often seem to be filling up the VRC thread by unhinged haters!

The next stages of the Bitstar project will include the transition of some of the features to p2p decentralised structures, so you can always wait for that if you feel the need.

Otherwise, as things currently stand, the new functionality that is being introduced to the wallet will be immensely useful. Utility and usefulness win over militant decentralisation.

i was especially referring to frostbite72, since he seems to have lost 200k because had issues syncing on the mac.

wonder if these are solved now.

what i found out during a full resync is that the balance is not being adjusted during sync and this is done at the end of a full re-sync

zzz
Frostbite72

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:19:18 PM

i was especially referring to frostbite72, since he seems to have lost 200k because had issues syncing on the mac.

what i found out during a full resync is that the balance is not being adjusted during sync and this is done at the end of a full re-sync

I should know better in about 10 minutes. Still syncing up but does appear to be moving forward and not hanging up. I will update once done.
Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2450
Merit: 693

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 01:49:35 PM

Regarding yesterdays update, a lot of you may have noticed already the new anon feature, this was the "unannounced feature" we were working on.  It's not yet decentralised and we'll be adding more to it later, but it is now live and running.

There is a 1% fee charged on usage, the fee is for a few reasons, to pay network fees, to help pay server costs and so we can build up a pool of inputs so anonymise the outbound transaction further.

Frostbite72

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:58:43 PM

I should know better in about 10 minutes. Still syncing up but does appear to be moving forward and not hanging up. I will update once done.

I gotta run out. Its still syncing. Doesn't appear to have hanged up. When I get back later today I will update again once done.
Francecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 02:59:39 PM

Haha that fake wall 1.2 BTC on Bittrex. Got tested and instantly removed. Buy support slowly forming, Good signs people are trying to cap price to accumulate.

InitialDat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:29:49 PM

I think stage 2 release needs more exposure. Def. gotta get the words out...

any eta?
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: