Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITS][BITSTAR] POS ★ MULTIPOOL ★ ANON ★ In Wallet FIAT Exchange beta  (Read 151806 times)
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:04:50 AM

maybe the dev thought that it isnt an interesting feature and just a nice to have.

that is what it looks like
Alexkiddleb

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:05:00 AM

I will ask him on IRC. anyways the second update is coming very soon, so it's not like you have long left to figure it out by yourself.

Another ninja-launch? I reckon should hire a marketing / PR person into their dev team. Tongue

yes, on that i +1

On this, I posted I am a marketing/comms person by trade and would put some ideas forward.

A couple of points:

1. I think twitter and facebook could be a lot better and more active. The original post could also be updated a lot better as well as the website.
2. I think one of the biggest problems coins have these days is a lack of credibility. If you look how share IPOs are offered, there is always a prospectus that outlines company vision, key players in the business and future projects. I feel that Bits could benefit from something similar. We need to give investors a reason to invest and clear picture of what we are trying to achieve and who is involved.

It would be very easy to market this coin. We could do facebook advertising, google adwords, media releases and many many other things however the key is what is in it for an investor. We need to offer something that is tangible and real world and market that as our point of difference.  

I noticed on another coin that someone was trying to sell something and advertised it in the forum. Is there a way a marketplace could be built into the wallet? We already have the payment system, now we need the product.

thisisit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:09:21 AM

I will ask him on IRC. anyways the second update is coming very soon, so it's not like you have long left to figure it out by yourself.

Another ninja-launch? I reckon should hire a marketing / PR person into their dev team. Tongue

yes, on that i +1

On this, I posted I am a marketing/comms person by trade and would put some ideas forward.

A couple of points:

1. I think twitter and facebook could be a lot better and more active. The original post could also be updated a lot better as well as the website.
2. I think one of the biggest problems coins have these days is a lack of credibility. If you look how share IPOs are offered, there is always a prospectus that outlines company vision, key players in the business and future projects. I feel that Bits could benefit from something similar. We need to give investors a reason to invest and clear picture of what we are trying to achieve and who is involved.

It would be very easy to market this coin. We could do facebook advertising, google adwords, media releases and many many other things however the key is what is in it for an investor. We need to offer something that is tangible and real world and market that as our point of difference.  

I noticed on another coin that someone was trying to sell something and advertised it in the forum. Is there a way a marketplace could be built into the wallet? We already have the payment system, now we need the product.

yes, a market place can be build into a wallet, just like a lottery can as well Smiley

any coin that makes me a profit.
prospecta

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:10:13 AM

Trying to exit with a big fatass wall? And moving it up when price goes up?

Has to be the worse trader ever then.

You're an idiot for two reasons;

1) You think that is whats happening.

2) You think $900 is a "fatass wall" hahahahaha.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
_theone

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:12:19 AM

no its just someone taking profit. probably he bought in at 250 or something like that. anyways, that can be breached/tested easily.

remember that this coin was very dead a month ago and its now getting back to life.

for me, thats a good thing.

zzz
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:13:18 AM

Why did you put up a 6 btc wall earlier if you didnt want to pump it? Why is it gone now?

It wasn't to pump it, it was to stabilise it. If I wanted to pump it I could easily have stuck dozens of BTC on the markets and kept raising the price. As it was I ended up getting some more at higher prices than that because very few people would even sell into that wall.

I took it away for two reasons, firstly, the Mintpal incident with VRC caused me a lot of problems in my trading plans and I wanted the funds for some other trades I wished to make and, secondly, those who want to buy BITS now are tending to find that there is not a lot of volume below 1k satoshis and those who hold are less likely to want to sell for less than 1k satoshis. The trading volume on BITS is low primarily because people don't want to sell what they have.

There are *far* fewer coins available to buy than people realise.

The new services is meant to bring non-crypto people into crypto through BITS, which would mean that as the buying volume increases the price will naturally increase due to the relative scarcity of the coin and that's all I'll say at this point.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:14:45 AM

Why did you put up a 6 btc wall earlier if you didnt want to pump it? Why is it gone now?

It wasn't to pump it, it was to stabilise it. If I wanted to pump it I could easily have stuck dozens of BTC on the markets and kept raising the price. As it was I did end up getting some more at higher prices than that because very few people would even sell into that wall.

I took it away for two reasons, firstly, the Mintpal incident with VRC caused me a lot of problems in my trading plans and I wanted the funds for some other trades I wished to make and, secondly, those who want to buy BITS now are tending to find that there is not a lot of volume below 1k satoshis and those who hold are less likely to want to sell for less than 1k satoshis. The trading volume on BITS is low primarily because people don't want to sell what they have.

There are *far* fewer coins available to buy than people realise.

The new services is meant to bring non-crypto people into crypto through BITS, which would mean that as the buying volume increases the price will naturally increase due to the relative scarcity of the coin and that's all I'll say at this point.

you call it stabilizing but maybe I'll call it pumping so you could dump your coin while telling people that you aren't releasing the information to prevent pump and dump
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:16:36 AM

No they don't.

They can speculate what it is but it could be any number of things to bring non-crypto people in.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Alexkiddleb

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:16:47 AM

yes, on that i +1

A couple of points:

yes, a market place can be build into a wallet, just like a lottery can as well Smiley

Great - I would use it. I've got stuff to sell and would be happy to sell it for Bits.

If people require editing or copy writing for anything Bits related, I'm happy to help.
thisisit

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:20:05 AM

No they don't.

They can speculate what it is but it could be any number of things to bring non-crypto people in.

non crypto people, so people who dont own crypto, get in, means that its fiat related? like an exchange/trade?

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:20:50 AM

you call it stabilizing but maybe I'll call it pumping so you could dump your coin while telling people that you aren't releasing the information to prevent pump and dump

What can I say to that? You assert something that's entirely speculative and cannot be proven either way.

Speculate all you want, make your choices on whether to buy,sell or hodl at whatever price and strategy you think best. I know I have been supporting this coin for some time and will continue to do so. If you want to allege that I'm doing something else, you go right ahead and allege it. I say that, while I understand why people are suspicious and likely to allege such devious plans are afoot, I know that is not what I am doing so, yeah, whatever.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:22:07 AM

non crypto people, so people who dont own crypto, get in, means that its fiat related? like an exchange?

Not saying, like I said, there are a number of different approaches to getting non-crypto people into crypto. One or more routes to that are part of the development path for this coin platform.

wtman
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:26:43 AM

Please put up your stabilization wall again because you truly believe in your coin and you can't lose buying more of it.
Francecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:35:12 AM

I'm not even going to argue with you.

Never argues with morons, they win by experience.

No actually i will, because you are so fucking wrong.

1) Exit walls have to be put on the buy side, not sell side.

2) On a 0.5 BTC volume daily market, 1BTC is scary enough to halt progression, as is 50 BTC in a 500 BTC market.

So yes in Bitstar market that is not even moving 200$ daily, 900$ would be a fatass wall. It's actually like a 2500 BTC sell wall right now on VIA... (300% daily volume)  Roll Eyes

But yeah I suppose since you earnt enough to buy a free Xbox game in only 7 month of trading you know more than me, thanks for passing by, cya.

_theone

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:38:37 AM

Please put up your stabilization wall again because you truly believe in your coin and you can't lose buying more of it.

maybe just move on wtman?

zzz
prospecta

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:43:04 AM

2) On a 0.5 BTC volume daily market, 1BTC is scary enough to halt progression, as is 50 BTC in a 500 BTC market.

So yes in Bitstar market that is not even moving 200$ daily, 900$ would be a fatass wall. It actually like a 2500 BTC right now on VIA...  Roll Eyes

I put my wall back just for you, feel free to buy it since I am "trying to drive the price down".

1.5 BTC is never a "fatass wall" you poor trash.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
prospecta

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:45:14 AM

But yeah I suppose since you earnt enough to buy a free Xbox game in only 7 month of trading you know more than me, thanks for passing by, cya.

Nice edit kid. Hahahaha why am I not surprised you think crypto only started 7 months ago.

I used to buy BTC back when one of your "1.5 BTC fatass walls" was only $4.50 worth.  Cool

...and 92 followers on twitter = LOL!  Cheesy

Francecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:45:27 AM

So yes in Bitstar market that is not even moving 200$ daily, 900$ would be a fatass wall. It actually like a 2500 BTC right now on VIA...  Roll Eyes

I put my wall back just for you, feel free to buy it since I am "trying to drive the price down".

1.5 BTC is never a "fatass wall" you poor trash.

I just hope you sell it fast, and leave that coin, you are toxic.

wtman
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:46:57 AM

Yea FranceCrypto its a conspiracy by investors to crush the price, but the devs not showing whats coming up is totally legit and acceptable. wow

thisisit

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:49:57 AM

lmao on all this negativity. wow.

patience is hard, isnt it boys. i think cryptodevil pointed in a direction ( he seems to know more then us ). you all know what is coming, just to blind to see it.

moo to you.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: