Bitcoin Forum
October 03, 2024, 11:48:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: eXch - instant exchange BTC / LN / XMR / LTC / ETH / ERC20  (Read 23874 times)
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 16474

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 10:10:19 PM
Merited by apogio (1)

Proof of ~90% of our reserves is temporarily available to be consulted at our Bitcoin aggregation address bc1qu2dq8w8lv8v3l7lr2c5tvx3yltv22r3nhkx7w0 (known as "eXch cryptocurrency exchange" by all blockchain intelligence platforms)

It is very well done and, indeed, a good step in the right direction.
Proof of reserve is pointless if not coupled with some “proof of commitment” toward customers.
I know it is hard to achieve, but knowing that an exchange owns 300 BTC is of little help if we don’t know how much is due to clients.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NotATether
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 7303

In memory of o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2024, 06:20:31 AM

Proof of reserve is pointless if not coupled with some “proof of commitment” toward customers.
I know it is hard to achieve, but knowing that an exchange owns 300 BTC is of little help if we don’t know how much is due to clients.

That would involve having to go through the order books and continuously updating the amount in BTC and ETH and other coins that are due to customers.

Something that is more suited for a web page than a forum post. However, it is not hard at all, if adding it as a web page.

I'm not sure if that would be very useful, though. This is no lending platform.

bitmover
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 6233

Crypto Swap Exchange🈺

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2024, 07:24:40 AM

That would involve having to go through the order books and continuously updating the amount in BTC and ETH and other coins that are due to customers.

Something that is more suited for a web page than a forum post. However, it is not hard at all, if adding it as a web page.

I'm not sure if that would be very useful, though. This is no lending platform.

I agree.

As exch does not have a custodial wallet such as binance or coinbase or any other cex, proof of reserves is quite enough when associated with a signed message.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 17478

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2024, 08:05:56 AM

Proof of ~90% of our reserves is temporarily available to be consulted at our Bitcoin aggregation address bc1qu2dq8w8lv8v3l7lr2c5tvx3yltv22r3nhkx7w0 (known as "eXch cryptocurrency exchange" by all blockchain intelligence platforms)
I confirmed the balance (give or take).
Judging by the Reserves, you've almost sold out all other coins. Is this a rare instance where almost all liquidity is moved to the Bitcoin site? Maybe someone is expecting altcoins to outperform Bitcoin in the near future.

proof of reserves is quite enough when associated with a signed message.
If the address is well known, there's no need to sign a message. If you make an exchange you can confirm the sending address for yourself.

Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6085

Crypto Swap Exchange🈺

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2024, 10:22:02 AM

I wasn't speaking of the re-captcha of this forum but rather the one at https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?hl=en. And thanks for mentioning the less painful workaround for the forum. I knew this already.

You asked : "Not sure if the high number of captchas to solve is due to going through Tor.", and I'm just answering you that solving re-Captcha through Tor is not an easy task, regardless of whether it's a forum or any other website that has re-Captcha. I mentioned the forum only as an example.

Judging by the Reserves, you've almost sold out all other coins. Is this a rare instance where almost all liquidity is moved to the Bitcoin site? Maybe someone is expecting altcoins to outperform Bitcoin in the near future.
~snip~

All those who invested heavily in altcoins Cheesy

I still think that altcoins are not going anywhere if Bitcoin doesn't help them in that - if you look back only three years, many alts then had an absolute ATH - and since then they have lost 50% or more in value, while on the other hand BTC is in in the same period achieved about 100% price increase.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3436

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2024, 10:50:04 AM

proof of reserves is quite enough when associated with a signed message.
If the address is well known, there's no need to sign a message. If you make an exchange you can confirm the sending address for yourself.
Instant exchange, all transactions are completed in a short time. 24-hour trading volume exceeds their reserves (more than 300 BTC), to determine anything we would have to know how many funds are engaged for current orders at any given moment.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Cricktor
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1369

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 26, 2024, 08:09:31 PM

Is this good news? (I hope I don't post this as a dupe): when you browse exch(dot)exchange, you'll get a suspected phishing warning.

The malicious copycat suckers use Cloudflare when their fake clone site states "Cloudflare-free". Will missguided users notice this? I'm not very confident about that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 6203

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 03:48:37 AM

Is this good news? (I hope I don't post this as a dupe): when you browse exch(dot)exchange, you'll get a suspected phishing warning.
-snip-
I can't see why not.
As long as the fake site doesn't load directly, it's great news.
At least even the dumbest internet users that can read will see the phishing website warning and think twice before proceeding
and may even think for a minute if they've typed or clicked the legit URL.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
GazetaBitcoin
Legendary
pizza

Activity: 1834
Merit: 7363

Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 06:31:36 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2024, 02:40:08 PM by GazetaBitcoin
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Lucius (1)

This website has been mentioned a while back by SFR10 and it was reported many times by paid2 and also by Lucius. I also mentioned in an earlier post that, when accessing the respective website, it won't load, no matter if you click on "Ignore & Proceed".

There are currently two more websites which may try to impersonate eXch in the future but, at the moment, they have no content.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ESG

Activity: 164
Merit: 54

store secretK on Secret place is almost impossible

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 07:15:52 PM

hi! i like use this service, because have an feature on site, after xchang, we can remove data...its cool... but, i want exchange ltc for btc on this site, and on my exchange that my ltc are, dont let withdraw for your ltc addresses provided, i tried 3 times to get new address... but, on my exchange tell me that ltc address is incorrect,, and i sent message on your site, and no answers... is possible i get an compactible address from your site, or i will need use other site to do this? thanks.

eXch Support

Activity: 5
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 07:33:25 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

hi! i like use this service, because have an feature on site, after xchang, we can remove data...its cool... but, i want exchange ltc for btc on this site, and on my exchange that my ltc are, dont let withdraw for your ltc addresses provided, i tried 3 times to get new address... but, on my exchange tell me that ltc address is incorrect,, and i sent message on your site, and no answers... is possible i get an compactible address from your site, or i will need use other site to do this? thanks.

Hi! We've already answered to your ticket.

As mentioned in our reply, you should contact the exchange (or service you're using) to ask why they reject our addresses. The deposit address generated in your order is perfectly valid, so there's no problem on our side.

In waiting for their answer, you could try using a buffer wallet between their exchange and eXch, maybe it will do the trick. You can find some wallets suggestion in our FAQ: https://exch.cx/faq#wallet_security_recommendations
ESG

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 08:09:12 PM

____x____

Hi! We've already answered to your ticket.

As mentioned in our reply, you should contact the exchange (or service you're using) to ask why they reject our addresses. The deposit address generated in your order is perfectly valid, so there's no problem on our side.

In waiting for their answer, you could try using a buffer wallet between their exchange and eXch, maybe it will do the trick. You can find some wallets suggestion in our FAQ: https://exch.cx/faq#wallet_security_recommendations

Thanks your Answer...
 i replied there...  i contact them, and them not solved, ....
... and i will use your recomendation wallet to do this...,
I Am Gratefull.

examplens
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2024, 10:41:10 PM

Thanks your Answer...
 i replied there...  i contact them, and them not solved, ....
... and i will use your recomendation wallet to do this...,
I Am Gratefull.

It is quite a bad practice to send coins from one exchange directly to another or between any services where you do not have complete control over the deposit address. It may seem like a fee saving, but certainly a safer option.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ESG

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 11:05:36 PM

____...___
It is quite a bad practice
[/quote]

Please, Why?

icopress
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 8959

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 11:58:51 PM
Merited by klarki (5), LoyceV (4)

Please, Why?
examplens. wants to say that the exchange from which you send coins to the eXch deposit address may request KYC or something like that (or freeze your funds using any pretext). In addition, usually centralized exchanges have different input and output addresses (hence several more inconveniences).

In this particular case, the best practice is to send coins from your non-custodial wallet to the eXch deposit address (there is no chance that you will encounter similar problems like those you encountered today).

Btw, I know of many cases where users have passed identity verification twice (when sending coins from a centralized exchange to exchangers from the BestChange list).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 17478

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2024, 05:01:31 AM

Why?
You don't control the keys to the address. I've seen countless topics from people who can't use RBF or CPFP because they're neither sender nor receiver of the transaction. Or, when it comes to it, you can't prove you're the sender.
As nice as it is to save on transaction fees, using your own wallet "in between" is usually better.

examplens
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2024, 09:18:46 AM

Please, Why?
CEX are not wallets for storing coins, but trading platforms. That's how they should be treated.

Please, Why?
examplens. wants to say that the exchange from which you send coins to the eXch deposit address may request KYC or something like that (or freeze your funds using any pretext). In addition, usually centralized exchanges have different input and output addresses (hence several more inconveniences).
Even if CEX (or any similar service) wants to return coins, it would always go to the address they came from. How complicated would be the process of proving ownership of the coin that ended up in the wallet of the exchanger?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ESG

View Profile
September 01, 2024, 10:21:40 AM

In this particular case, the best practice is to send coins from your non-custodial wallet to the eXch deposit address (there is no chance that you will encounter similar problems like those you encountered today).

Btw, I know of many cases where users have passed identity verification twice (when sending coins from a centralized exchange to exchangers from the BestChange list).

You don't control the keys to the address. I've seen countless topics from people who can't use RBF or CPFP because they're neither sender nor receiver of the transaction. Or, when it comes to it, you can't prove you're the sender.
As nice as it is to save on transaction fees, using your own wallet "in between" is usually better.

____...____
CEX are not wallets for storing coins, but trading platforms. That's how they should be treated.

_____...___
Even if CEX (or any similar service) wants to return coins, it would always go to the address they came from. How complicated would be the process of proving ownership of the coin that ended up in the wallet of the exchanger?

Thanks your answers...is very important... on begin, i used do this, with the time, i let of do... and i send direct toswaps xchanges... and almost never i used return address..... now, i will back do correctly again...is an bit more work, but is better pactice it than comming have problems that i can t  solve,,, many thanks,,, i understand very well...

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 6562

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 02, 2024, 11:55:35 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The service you use is probably outdated and doesn't recognise native-segwit (bech32) address format which eXch uses, it starts with "ltc", you can verify that by checking the address your service provides, if it starts with an "M" then it's P2SH-P2PKH or even worse if starts with an "L"  P2SH address.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ESG

View Profile
September 03, 2024, 11:44:06 AM

The service you use is probably outdated and doesn't recognise native-segwit (bech32) address format which eXch uses, it starts with "ltc", you can verify that by checking the address your service provides, if it starts with an "M" then it's P2SH-P2PKH or even worse if starts with an "L"  P2SH address.

yes, my wallet ltc from this exchange,  the last send, this that i try .. goes for address with M on other automatic exchange , and my address is with LK... on begin..., and other time, i sent btc to ltc  to this address using exch, and goes, but, no are other way on exch to request old address ltc to deposit... and no way on my exchange to send to new address...  i contact them, and them want  i do an video ytrying charge out... OMG...   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: