Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:33:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sonoIO

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:40:55 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 08:57:56 PM by sonoIO

Well, I do see your argument, but reality says otherwise. Devs simply are not releasing any news or updates, no?

Thank you for sharing your concerns, and I have feeling a lot of people is working or at least considering how to solve those kind of problems.

Good answer :-)

I believe the BBR network either needs a hardfork (the next BBR update will require that anyway I presume) or that all of the 1% "premine" coins are (continuously) transferred to some address under control of some BBR committee such that the amount can be used to create better incentives to improve the network.

I completely agree that certain level of transparency is important, as is certain level of privacy but for different reasons. As with anything in life, it is all about finding healthy balance, neither extreme can not be good.

In current model all funds are nontransparently controlled by devs, which is kinda private extreme. How would you suggest to correct the current model but to still remain some level of privacy so BBR can compete on the market (to still have a chance of reveling features when is in the best interest of the project, in order to even have possibility of an edge compared with competing projects)?

If the differed premine funds are controlled by some BBR committee, would you find acceptable if the % is larger then 1%? How much would you suggest? How would you suggest to structure the committee that decides on how to spend the funds, to have checks and balances that stop potential misuses?

And what makes you presume that next BBR update requires hard-fork anyway?

I am enjoying reading all the opinions although I am not sure myself what the best solution should be. It would be nice for Mr. Zoidberg to share his opinions about these issues.

With regard to BBR marketcap atm, would not surprise me if CZ thinks that 1% is too small Smiley And we can vote it down when BBR value increases. Until then, i'm fine with 1%, would even vote to double it or something while price is low.

But if bigj or someone comes up with more transparent model that can not be gamed too easily, i'll support it for BBR Smiley
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FaceRadiation

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:56:18 AM

Boolberry price is very low. So sad
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:13:46 AM

Don't be sad. Boolberry is an altcoin.  Altcoins are volatile.  Boolberry has been around for a significant amount of time.  It's not going away.

Secure your wallet and do what you can to promote and advance Boolberry. 
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 02:11:44 PM

Don't be sad. Boolberry is an altcoin.  Altcoins are volatile.  Boolberry has been around for a significant amount of time.  It's not going away.

I think there are two factors :
-first almost all altcoin have decreased in btc value with the recent rise of BTC/USD : eth, xmr, maid ... have suffered from this and began to recover
- second, there is some trouble in the supernet project : there is some conflict between nxt dev and supernet dev who have dumped a huge amount of nxt : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.5620 and https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg199646/#msg199646

I believe bbr will recover mostly : afterall, the link between supernet and bbr has already weakened a lot some months ago
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:13:44 PM

Don't be sad. Boolberry is an altcoin.  Altcoins are volatile.  Boolberry has been around for a significant amount of time.  It's not going away.

I think there are two factors :
-first almost all altcoin have decreased in btc value with the recent rise of BTC/USD : eth, xmr, maid ... have suffered from this and began to recover
- second, there is some trouble in the supernet project : there is some conflict between nxt dev and supernet dev who have dumped a huge amount of nxt : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.5620 and https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg199646/#msg199646

I believe bbr will recover mostly : afterall, the link between supernet and bbr has already weakened a lot some months ago

More people should follow the lead of damashup and make games and services to support Boolberry. Test our popboolr today!
http://popboolr.com/originaltweets

Keep asking shapeshift.io to add boolberry. It will make spending it much easier at many btc merchants and those who use their API
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:13:27 AM

Let brainstorm ways for non programmers to help "promote and advance Boolberry".............
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:11:05 AM

Let brainstorm ways for non programmers to help "promote and advance Boolberry".............

This holiday season, don't buy any gifts, but give all your friends and relatives only boolberries Cheesy OK, maybe that's a bit extreme. You could put a small paper wallet in xmas cards you send out with instructions to claim...still maybe kind of more annoying than nice though.
boolberry

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:01:17 PM

This holiday season, don't buy any gifts, but give all your friends and relatives only boolberries Cheesy OK, maybe that's a bit extreme. You could put a small paper wallet in xmas cards you send out with instructions to claim...still maybe kind of more annoying than nice though.

Perhaps annoying in the short run, but very valuable in the long run provided they follow through and take the time to learn more about Boolberry!
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:24:14 PM

Anyone else notice that crypto_zoidberg logged in again today? Hello!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=170073
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 06:13:33 PM

I'm here, no worries.

Btw, i was told that Wolf complained about me on #monero chanel, well, just to put light on it, if someone interested what happend:

We were looking for someone to make x11 GPU miner, both for OpenCL and CUDA, as he is well known as a good developer for such things, i offered him to do that.
Here was my offer:
We finally need code for both platforms(Linux&Windows)  OpenCL and CUDA implementations.
It could be not perfect implementations, but it should work fine with Clintar's pool.
Ready pay 600$ for everything, including testing on pool and easy HOWTO use/build. 
Zoidberg
And here is his answer:
Very well. My GitHub name is wolf9466. The current Bitstamp BTC price is $227.88; I'll round up to $228. Send half to me to start, half on completion. If the BTC price changes by more than 15%, up OR down, the remaining payment is to be re-negotiated.

He was prepaid with $487 out of the $600(even more then he asked) and the deal was to have finally done both opencl and cuda miners. Since for Opencl there was not much work there(cz it was already public implementation of it), so i’ve made a deal with him to make both miners working, even without optimizations.

That talk happend at 1-st of September!
He hang us for more then 2 months and finaly said then he is not going to make CUDA, i have to hire some one else.
Well, then i asked him to return money, since he failed to finish contract in my opinion, despite the fact that he adapt opencl version to cryptonote block size (Mostly i wanted to return money because of wasted a lot of  our time actually)

All our communication made in bitcointalk pm, so it's could be validated by sysadmins if someones cares.

You can say that i'm wrong in some way, but according to my standarts if you applied for job and got prepayment, and then gave up - you should return prepayment, and also say "sorry for your lost time" to your employer, in case there was no other conditions.

Zoidberg.

exciter0

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 07:41:13 PM

We were looking for someone to make x11 GPU miner

X11 miner eh?  Unless you plan to change POW, why are you abandoning this coin so fast?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄ G O L D M I N T ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬ Blockchain based platform which operates Gold-backed Cryptoassets ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬ BLOGTelegramSlackANN ThreadTwitterReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:30:59 PM

You can say that i'm wrong in some way, but according to my standarts if you applied for job and got prepayment, and then gave up - you should return prepayment, and also say "sorry for your lost time" to your employer, in case there was no other conditions.

Zoidberg.

If you make a coin that donates 1% of all coins on an ongoing basis to the creator for ongoing development, then when you lose interest and spend approximately one year readying your new project, you should return your premine, and also say "sorry for your lost time" to your supporters, in case they thought you were actually serious about ongoing development. Tongue
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:04:54 PM

X11 miner eh?  Unless you plan to change POW, why are you abandoning this coin so fast?

It was probably for the other coin he's working on, which he has said several times does not mean he is abandoning this coin. He's said that he doing both.

I'm not sure why he felt he needed to come back to THIS thread and air some disagreement he has with Wolf about the other coin though.
boolberry

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:13:23 AM

X11 miner eh?  Unless you plan to change POW, why are you abandoning this coin so fast?

It was probably for the other coin he's working on, which he has said several times does not mean he is abandoning this coin. He's said that he doing both.

I agree with smooth.

There is nothing wrong with having more than 1 project! We all appreciate the work of crypto_zoidberg and are eager to see how the new Boolberry db branch (https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/tree/db) works upon release.
bigj

Activity: 198

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:09:07 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 07:29:08 AM by bigj

To me the case is clear. We are talking about cz's reputation here, no one else's.

The little BBR needs his dad! (Or mom?) Hey, cz it is time to finally return to your child. You are being missed.
sonoIO

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:42:39 PM

I'm here, no worries.

Btw, i was told that Wolf complained about me on #monero chanel, well, just to put light on it, if someone interested what happend:

We were looking for someone to make x11 GPU miner, both for OpenCL and CUDA, as he is well known as a good developer for such things, i offered him to do that.
Here was my offer:
We finally need code for both platforms(Linux&Windows)  OpenCL and CUDA implementations.
It could be not perfect implementations, but it should work fine with Clintar's pool.
Ready pay 600$ for everything, including testing on pool and easy HOWTO use/build.  
Zoidberg
And here is his answer:
Very well. My GitHub name is wolf9466. The current Bitstamp BTC price is $227.88; I'll round up to $228. Send half to me to start, half on completion. If the BTC price changes by more than 15%, up OR down, the remaining payment is to be re-negotiated.

He was prepaid with $487 out of the $600(even more then he asked) and the deal was to have finally done both opencl and cuda miners. Since for Opencl there was not much work there(cz it was already public implementation of it), so i’ve made a deal with him to make both miners working, even without optimizations.

That talk happend at 1-st of September!
He hang us for more then 2 months and finaly said then he is not going to make CUDA, i have to hire some one else.
Well, then i asked him to return money, since he failed to finish contract in my opinion, despite the fact that he adapt opencl version to cryptonote block size (Mostly i wanted to return money because of wasted a lot of  our time actually)

All our communication made in bitcointalk pm, so it's could be validated by sysadmins if someones cares.

Zoidberg.

I did offer to return 487 - 300 = 187 USD. Because that's fair.

Also, here is what he said to me:

The deal conditions was both working and tested miner.
We didn't talk about half work - half price.

We've lost time while i was wating you, and you managed to quit.
So please, refund money that i paid you forward, if you care about your reputation.

Zoidberg.

I can't test at all currently due to Clintar's pool not accepting the Stratum auth...

Man, is there any hope you to get finished the job ? Or i need to hire someone else ?

It's long time actually gone...

Zoidberg

You can hire someone else. I'm sorry - I just can't get it to work.

But you already took half of the money, since you managed to quit, can you return it ?

Zoidberg

I also gave you a working sgminer, remember?

Honestly, I should say I would have returned the 187 USD if he hadn't fucking tried to threaten me, but you know what, I'll return it anyways.

CZ may also be kinda saying that, if you were older you would probably do this one for free Smiley

I might add that, do not  everything that one wishes happens in life, unless one wish for something too hard. Have fun on holidays, but do your magic after New year if you would. You have a knowledge to have  all goodies of life, just don't rush it mate.

Wouldn't the first iteration of OS FPGA miner kinda create an market?
AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:09:50 PM

Popboolr update

"Putting the 'pop' into Popboolr"

I'm pleased to announce further updates to Popboolr new game functionality for Popboolr.

Pop em
- now when a player claims bools, the points are not locked in until new set of unclaimed bools have been claimed in the game. During this period the bools are vulnerable. They can be "popped" (taken) by another player by clicking the 'Pop em' button. Once popped the previous claimer loses the bools and they are provisionally awarded to the player who popped them. The new claimer also gets 1 additional bonus  bool. All of the new claimers bools are vulnerable until another set of unclaimed bools are claimed.
- A player cannot pop their own bools. Doing so will result in a player losing x2 the amount of Bools they attempted to pop.

Claims list page
Shows (in real-time),
- the latest claims and pops as they are made

Stats pages
Shows (in real-time),
- number of bools available
- number of claims made
- exchange rates (Bools to Boolberry to Bitcoin)

Server
- updates to the server software, including a bit more extra 'grunt'

I've also added a few more nice touches... Please check out the site if you get a chance - http://popboolr.com. The more people that give the game a try, the better!

I'll be taking a bit of a hiatus for a few weeks as I have other pressing matters to attend to. I will however endeavour to keep the test site on line, fix bugs and add minor updates (including more comprehensive instructions on how to play) in the interim. I've alot more ideas on where to take the game so expect more features and developments in the next few months!

Damashup

I finally tried the game today and like it. When you go live I would be willing to donate some BBR to the game (as rewards for players when bools are converted to Boolberry).

I do have one question. You are looking at 60 minutes of Twitter data right? I imagine that is a lot of data. Several times when playing the game froze up and became temporarily unresponsive. I wonder if it is related to your need to parse and update so much information. Would it help to either decrease the amount of Twitter data you are parsing (maybe only the last 30 minutes) or slightly decrease how often you update it?

sonoIO

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:18:43 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 11:33:04 PM by sonoIO

Popboolr update

I'm pleased to announce further updates to Popboolr new game functionality for Popboolr.

Pop em
- now when a player claims bools, the points are not locked in until new set of unclaimed bools have been claimed in the game. During this period the bools are vulnerable. They can be "popped" (taken) by another player by clicking the 'Pop em' button. Once popped the previous claimer loses the bools and they are provisionally awarded to the player who popped them. The new claimer also gets 1 additional bonus  bool. All of the new claimers bools are vulnerable until another set of unclaimed bools are claimed.
- A player cannot pop their own bools. Doing so will result in a player losing x2 the amount of Bools they attempted to pop.

Claims list page
Shows (in real-time),

Stats pages
Shows (in real-time),
- number of claims made

Server

I've also added a few more nice touches... Please check out the site if you get a chance - http://popboolr.com. The more people that give the game a try, the better!

I'll be taking a bit of a hiatus for a few weeks as I have other pressing matters to attend to. I will however endeavour to keep the test site on line, fix bugs and add minor updates (including more comprehensive instructions on how to play) in the interim. I've alot more ideas on where to take the game so expect more features and developments in the next few months!

Damashup

I finally tried the game today and like it. When you go live I would be willing to donate some BBR to the game (as rewards for players when bools are converted to Boolberry).

I do have one question. You are looking at 60 minutes of Twitter data right? I imagine that is a lot of data. Several times when playing the game froze up and became temporarily unresponsive. I wonder if it is related to your need to parse and update so much information. Would it help to either decrease the amount of Twitter data you are parsing (maybe only the last 30 minutes) or slightly decrease how often you update it?

Like a hashtag?

Damashup

Could the platform be modified such that it watches for hashtags if having a kinda image of e.g. BBR logo shaped from a food (and an address to clam a part of the e.g. daily reward. And for the platform to have vote-ups and downs, once a day, and basically to split a rewards between claimers and ppl posting food made bbr logo incarnations Smiley I'm probably going too far here, but there was a mention of just brainstorming, and that would create a market with a dynamics

CZ, some was mentioning hardfork solution, i'de support e.g. 1% to be allocated (on top pf devs part before someone proposes something that makes most sence for it) for such (harder to game Proof of Constructive Human Work) purposes  only if severely limited to a part of a business cycle, e.g. 2 years or something Smiley
boolberry

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:06:49 AM

Popboolr update

Pop em
- now when a player claims bools, the points are not locked in until new set of unclaimed bools have been claimed in the game. During this period the bools are vulnerable. They can be "popped" (taken) by another player by clicking the 'Pop em' button. Once popped the previous claimer loses the bools and they are provisionally awarded to the player who popped them. The new claimer also gets 1 additional bonus  bool. All of the new claimers bools are vulnerable until another set of unclaimed bools are claimed.

Claims list page
Shows (in real-time),

Stats pages
Shows (in real-time),
- number of claims made

Server

Damashup

Like a hashtag?

Damashup

Could the platform be modified such that it watches for hashtags if having a kinda image of e.g. BBR logo shaped from a food (and an address to clam a part of the e.g. daily reward. And for the platform to have vote-ups and downs, once a day, and basically to split a rewards between claimers and ppl posting food made bbr logo incarnations Smiley I'm probably going too far here, but there was a mention of just brainstorming, and that would create a market with a dynamics

CZ, some was mentioning hardfork solution, i'de support e.g. 1% to be allocated (on top pf devs part before someone proposes something that makes most sence for it) for such (harder to game Proof of Constructive Human Work) purposes  only if severely limited to a part of a business cycle, e.g. 2 years or something Smiley

How about only being able to claim tweets that mention certain keywords like #crypto #bitcoin #CryptoNote #Boolberry #privacy #fungible, etc. Naturally #Boolberry should have the highest possible reward!

Or you could create incentives to create content that is later claimed by players. For example the person that Tweeted something mentioning #boolberry (assuming they are registered with popboolr) could receive a reward 5x as large as the person who claimed the Tweet. Creating content is harder than claiming Tweets and also more valuable to Boolberry assuming that content is relevant.
boolberry

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:12:55 AM

Cross post from the (moved) speculation thread:

I just realized this thread was moved to announcements from the altcoin section?

Why? Who requested the change?

Its purpose is very similar to these threads which remain in the correct section:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1197508.0

Boolberry should be treated the same as other CryptoNote coins!

If a moderator sees this, please move our thread back here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

Thank you

I only wanted us treated the same as the Monero and Aeon speculation threads mentioned above. We do not need two threads in the announcement section. For some reason the moderators must have thought it looked too much like an announcement thread.

The chess thread/cryptonote technical discussion thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1190988)is doing well in the alt coin section. I propose damashup start a new thread where to discuss and provide feedback for popboolr. The altcoin section seems like the right place to me. Does everyone agree?
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: