Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 02:10:09 PM

iCEBREAKER, WINDJC, papa_lazzarou, It's really good to see you guy's back on the Boolberry thread again and talking about boolberry, I've been accumulating BBR for the past 3-4 months and have considered myself lucky to find this coin with such good possibilities for future development. So far i have found that there seems to be a bit of a divided community since 1Blockologist has came on the scene, bit like new and old members. Have you all still got a vested interest in the coin and are any of you still open to further development of the coin? What's your thought's on things as they stand and expectations for the future? Doe's anyone see CZ coming back and if so what way will that effect be on  the community that has been building slowly since 1block has came on the scene? Any thoughts would be good, cheers....

As I said above, the more successful CN coins there is the better. And it is even better when they're not just dumb forks of the existing ones but actually add value and diversity to the ecosystem.

That being said, I don't have a significant role in monero and don't see how I would be useful in BBR. And I also think that we are all better off without significant community overlap.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:06:33 PM

Isn't it true that once the db is rebased and out of ram, that each update from that point on should be a lot easier?

No, because that's just one small piece of the puzzle. The db is "just" the way the blockchain data is stored. It is completely independent of the protocol, and the protocol is completely independent from the database.

Not meaning to spam but here's a not comprehensive list of changes from Bytecoin codebase:
Forget it, it is too big to list. Just check the changes on the releases page in github

(If anyone takes offense with this I will be happy to remove it)

This will never be accomplished without a several people working on it.

Okay great. How can assembling such a team be best accomplished? Should we divide up responsibilities and use a crowdfunding or subscription model to fund dev efforts?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 04:48:42 PM

iCEBREAKER, WINDJC, papa_lazzarou, It's really good to see you guy's back on the Boolberry thread again and talking about boolberry, I've been accumulating BBR for the past 3-4 months and have considered myself lucky to find this coin with such good possibilities for future development. So far i have found that there seems to be a bit of a divided community since 1Blockologist has came on the scene, bit like new and old members. Have you all still got a vested interest in the coin and are any of you still open to further development of the coin? What's your thought's on things as they stand and expectations for the future? Doe's anyone see CZ coming back and if so what way will that effect be on  the community that has been building slowly since 1block has came on the scene? Any thoughts would be good, cheers....

The Good:

I still am fond the idea of blockchain-based PoW, as it aligns incentives which otherwise may at best fail to be mutual reinforcing or at worst may conflict.  However, I've also come to reject the entire notion of raising the barriers to ASIC production, as that arms race makes the market less competitive/perfect.  Simple PoWs like sha256 are best, so there is (at least initially) a more level playing field.

The nice thing about being at rock bottom abandonware status is there is nowhere to go but up.

Near-death experiences are good for a coin's antifragility, if it survives.  And CZ is still alive and posting, so he could return.

Plus there is a loyal community and the occasional new user/investor, as your post demonstrates.

The Bad:

All that stuff about CZ coming back once he finished Louis d'or never happened.  The fact he's collecting a dev tax is terrible optics, if not ethics.  Even if he returns now, people will suspect he was intentionally running the price down to accumulate.

1Blockologist is shady and part of the Rune (LOL Vikings LOL death metal LOL D&D LOL Druids LOL) crew.  He's not getting along with CZ, although I am not 100% sure he's not CZ and just playing Sybil to get his way on the rejected Rune rebrand.

Development is light years (IE 1000s of programmer hours) behind Monero (especially), Duck/Dark/DigitalNote, and maybe even Bytecoin.

Exchange volume is trivial.  Despite my emotional investment in admiring their technology, I got out of the hobby coins lacking critical mass and useful trade volume (BBR, XCN, XPM, VIA).

The Ugly:

I expect the price will continue to drop as emission dilutes waning investor interest, in standard altcoin fashion.

If left as is, BBR will be lack many significant features vs Monero (RingCT, LMDB, integrated address, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc).

The only path forward would be to fork Monero (or maybe Bytecoin) and replace the PoW with Wild Keccak, but IDK if CZ would be willing to swallow is pride and take that step, much less stick around to keep BBR updated with the latest commits.

The Worst:

Bytecoin, Duck/Dark/DigitalNote, and BBR are suspected to all be creations of the same group, and all display the same damning characteristic of manipulative emission.

BCN had a faked early emission, XDN had a ridiculously quick emission, and BBR while being fairly launched with a slow emission has been seemingly abandoned for most of the last 2 years, which as kept the volume low and price depressed (pumps and dumps notwithstanding).

Conclusion:

If you want to invest in a legit Cryptonote coin, Monero and Aeon are the only two options AFAIK.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:18:59 PM

All that stuff about CZ coming back once he finished Louis d'or never happened.  The fact he's collecting a dev tax is terrible optics, if not ethics.  Even if he returns now, people will suspect he was intentionally running the price down to accumulate.

STOP!

You are not speaking for me! Without proof this a mobbing attack against CZ. It is ONLY YOUR opinion, as long as no other person agrees to you.

Beside this, CZ can sell his coins whenever he want, if he concludes, that the coin becomes worthless.

CryptoRambler

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:23:37 PM

<,1Blockologist is shady and part of the Rune (LOL Vikings LOL death metal LOL D&D LOL Druids LOL) crew>>

What crew is this? Are you saying that 1blockologist was/is involved with shady crypto pump&dumps? Proof?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 06:08:02 PM

All that stuff about CZ coming back once he finished Louis d'or never happened.  The fact he's collecting a dev tax is terrible optics, if not ethics.  Even if he returns now, people will suspect he was intentionally running the price down to accumulate.

STOP!

You are not speaking for me! Without proof this a mobbing attack against CZ. It is ONLY YOUR opinion, as long as no other person agrees to you.

Beside this, CZ can sell his coins whenever he want, if he concludes, that the coin becomes worthless.

Louis d'or is abandoned:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887482.140
https://github.com/cryptobender/lui

The dev tax is controversial, people cheered when 1block removed it from his fork.

I didn't say "all people, especially kneim" so you may calm your tits.

<,1Blockologist is shady and part of the Rune (LOL Vikings LOL death metal LOL D&D LOL Druids LOL) crew>>

What crew is this? Are you saying that 1blockologist was/is involved with shady crypto pump&dumps? Proof?

1block calls his fork "Rune edition."  IS THAT ENOUGH PROOF FOR YOU?

Relevant:

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_does_%27squeal_like_a_stuck_pig%27_mean

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:26:34 PM

STOP!

Louis d'or is abandoned:

The dev tax is controversial, people cheered when 1block removed it from his fork.

You shouldn't speak to childs this way, asshole.

Whenever you speak in the name of "people", I want to known who are them.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 06:34:28 PM

STOP!

Louis d'or is abandoned:

You shouldn't speak to childs this way, asshole.

Whenever you speak in the name of "people", I want to known who are them.

Make up your mind.  You can't accuse me of a "mobbing attack" *AND* claim nobody agrees with me.  That not how it works.

Again, I didn't say "all people" so you may calm your tits and stop accusing me of speaking for you.

Sorry for hurting your delicate feelings with my unforgivable speculative opinion!   Roll Eyes

How awful of me to share my thoughts when politely asked to by crypjunkie and Divorcion!   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CryptoRambler

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:41:19 PM

<
1block calls his fork "Rune edition."  IS THAT ENOUGH PROOF FOR YOU?>

No. Actually that is not proof of anything to me, that is why I asked. Your non-specific assertions are baseless and amount to FUD from my perspective.

What do you believe 1blockologist is a part of or has done that is bad?

What is the problem with BBR emission?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 06:50:08 PM

<

No. Actually that is not proof of anything to me, that is why I asked. Your non-specific assertions are baseless and amount to FUD from my perspective.

Are you saying it's just a random coincidence that a group of people were pushing for a rebrand to Rune that failed, and then another group begins a Rune edition after CZ abandons the project?

I specifically said I don't know anything about 1block, other than he's obviously associated with the previous failed push for a Rune (LOL skinheads LOL Aryans LOL white power LOL trenchcoats LOL basement dwellers LOL neckbeards LOL ELFQUEST LOL) rebrand.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CryptoRambler

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:11:51 PM

<

Are you saying it's just a random coincidence that a group of people were pushing for a rebrand to Rune that failed, and then another group begins a Rune edition after CZ abandons the project?

I specifically said I don't know anything about 1block, other than he's obviously associated with the previous failed push for a Rune (LOL skinheads LOL Aryans LOL white power LOL trenchcoats LOL basement dwellers LOL neckbeards LOL ELFQUEST LOL) rebrand.

Ok So what if 1blockologist is part of that rebrand group?

Why should anyone really care? It looks like the price is the same as when 1block "took over", and people are talking about BBR at least.

What we need is solid codebase work, but no one seems competent enough to make substantial changes.

The team that was working with CZ in the past on BBR seems uncommitted at this point, so who accumulates coins and such seems irrelevant.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 07:25:38 PM

<

Ok So what if 1blockologist is part of that rebrand group?

Why should anyone really care? It looks like the price is the same as when 1block "took over", and people are talking about BBR at least.

What we need is solid codebase work, but no one seems competent enough to make substantial changes.

The team that was working with CZ in the past on BBR seems uncommitted at this point, so who accumulates coins and such seems irrelevant.

I was going to say the problem with Rune Edition is that it's a horrible name, as we discussed ad nauseam and decided as a community over a year ago.

But I was wrong about that.  Rune, with it's dorky/icky/ridiculous connotations, is the PERFECT name for internet nerd money.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
crypjunkie

Activity: 193

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:48:07 PM

iCEBREAKER, WINDJC, papa_lazzarou, thanks for taking the time out to reply.

Some interesting thoughts and opinions from yourselves and a few others since i posted my question, 1Block has also made a statement regarding some of the recent posts on the BTC via the slack channel:

The speculation on the bitcointalk thread is inaccurate
The wild keccak algorithm doesn't make boolberry development harder
It's been pretty easy to do the updates that have been made already, most of which is copied from monero. The testing and troubleshooting has taken longer
There's research and fact finding necessary, and unforeseen issues like the seed nodes going down
I'll set up seed node redundancies in a few weeks
In the same manner that monero does
If other developers are interested in the effort, please have them contact me as I know where they would be best used
Most of it is around Web services and parallel infrastructure, not boolberry core.

Me personally i would like either you guys all to come and join the slack channel that was started by mbe24 and get these type of discussions brought up or else 1Block to come on here and respond to all that has been said.

Don't know if it is all the talk here or what but have you seen the spike on polo in the past hr r so?

Again thanks for response
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:49:00 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2016, 08:10:28 PM by kneim

I need to make it clear what valuation the Blockchain Development Company sees in Boolberry: a $50,000,000 market cap.

This would mean today that the price of BBR would have to go to around 0.0065.

Believe it or not, this was the best case scenario I gave (medium term) for BBR to my subscribers some minutes before I read this!!

You MFers......

Cool

There are about 8 million BBR in circulation. Which means a $50 million cap is around .01 not .0065.

Although this may seem like an improbable outcome from a technical analysis perspective

We are using forms of fundamental and quantitative analysis to make our assessments. By addressing both the utility, and the scarcity, we can estimate the market cap improvements based on the known supply and future demand.

Disproportionally deep resistance walls on the order books will come from people not sharing our analysis, which I will post details about soon, what we can do in the near term is organize OTC trading facilities and encourage proper storage of boolberry off of the exchanges.

Is this information current yet? I'm buying like hell.

(for the more naive ones: no, it's ironic. And yes, I'm collecting them on falling market price)

crypjunkie

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 08:14:01 PM

I need to make it clear what valuation the Blockchain Development Company sees in Boolberry: a $50,000,000 market cap.

This would mean today that the price of BBR would have to go to around 0.0065.

Believe it or not, this was the best case scenario I gave (medium term) for BBR to my subscribers some minutes before I read this!!

You MFers......

Cool

There are about 8 million BBR in circulation. Which means a $50 million cap is around .01 not .0065.

Although this may seem like an improbable outcome from a technical analysis perspective

We are using forms of fundamental and quantitative analysis to make our assessments. By addressing both the utility, and the scarcity, we can estimate the market cap improvements based on the known supply and future demand.

Disproportionally deep resistance walls on the order books will come from people not sharing our analysis, which I will post details about soon, what we can do in the near term is organize OTC trading facilities and encourage proper storage of boolberry off of the exchanges.

Is this information current yet? I'm buying like hell.

(for the more naive ones: no, it's ironic. And yes, I'm collecting them on falling market price)

I'm still buying, all about lowering my avg buy price now
CryptoRambler

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:34:12 PM

>> I'm still buying, all about lowering my avg buy price now>>

Thanks for the update crypjunkie! It does appear to be a terrific time to buy BBR right now

It seems reasonable that BBR could trade $.30-50 in the short term and $1 a year from now with steady progress. Cheers!
Coinopoly

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:44:04 PM

Greetings fellow traders,

We're working on an in-depth interview with crypto_zoidberg that we'll be publishing on coinopoly.xyz in the near future. The goal of the interview is to help bring clarity to the speculation surrounding the future of Boolberry.
crypjunkie

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 10:06:08 PM

Greetings fellow traders,

We're working on an in-depth interview with crypto_zoidberg that we'll be publishing on coinopoly.xyz in the near future. The goal of the interview is to help bring clarity to the speculation surrounding the future of Boolberry.

That should be interesting...
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 08:53:25 AM

<

Are you saying it's just a random coincidence that a group of people were pushing for a rebrand to Rune that failed, and then another group begins a Rune edition after CZ abandons the project

Hi.
Thats exactly what happened though

I read alot of your posts and there are several assumptions that lead to conclusions hard to give rebuttals to, so I'll try to address the assumptions.

First and foremost it seems you are conflating software fork with blockchain fork. Software forks are part of open source development and is the only way you, I or anyone can make modifications to open source projects like Boolberry. None of the modifications that have been done cause forks in thr blockchain. Development is ongoing, you can follow on github, or the bi weekly updates, or slack, and we havent released any binaries because it isnt ready yet. You can compile from source and run the "rune" edition if you want right now, like others do. There is also a java boolberry client in development too that you can build from source. It would be misinformed to say it failed when nothing was released, it is an open source project.

These seem to be things shaking your confidence in boolberry for reasons that are irrelevant. The updated client allows for other services (web wallets, block explorers, bitsquare, etc). This isnt bitcoin unlimited, there is no blockchain fork. The c++ client that CZ, clintar2 , and more originally worked on is being updated so that I and others can build more infrastructure on top of it, whether other people use it or not. It doesnt effect how transactions are relayed across the network, so it is not a blockchain fork. Im not really sure how many ways to spell this out, but it seems misunderstanding of how blockchains work is shaking confidence in people looking for a leader.

Nothing that I or CZ have ever done or will do will cause a fork in the boolberry blockchain. There is already an open request to merge the code changes in my fork with his open source repository. There is also a work in progress java client being written from scratch in javajared's github repo, because he wants to. This is just extra information to help you amd others form objective opinions before some of the farfetched conclusions Ive been reading. A lot of what Ive been reading just dont matter, but if it is really creating the semblance of a cloud over the viability of this project then Im trying to address them.

CZ's code is really good, having dug through it over the last few months, and I and others continue to develop on top of it mostly pulling code from Monero. There are not "1000 developer hours" necessary to bring this network up to speed.

It would be great to work more closely with CZ, but it is still surprising to me that you and others are looking for an endorsement despite all the transparency into what is going on and the decentralized nature of blockchains. I wouldnt count on that at this point, also doesnt matter. If CZ actually did push updates to the open source code (this hasnt happened since september 2015), I will merge those changes in to the copy I work on. It would push the project ahead, he suggested he has done the database work that I want to do. The copy I have has RPC server updates. It is only a net positive, I haven't felt the need to explain this but now I see other peoples line of thinking, so I hope that helps.

Second, regarding RUNE and a previous dwarven name change. Myself and other analysts skimmed threads about boolberry and saw that thread. For distinctive purposes the name is just homage to that point in time. The official stance is that my company experiences nothing but apathy to drama related to it in this community. Ive been consistent about the utility and scarcity improvements that I see here and will continue improving the client towards. We can talk about branding when applicable, it is primarily to let others know the project isnt dead.

Come to the slack channel on occassion. It will be easier to chat there about your remaining concerns. Feel free to post our conversations here for transparency.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 09:34:32 AM

<

Are you saying it's just a random coincidence that a group of people were pushing for a rebrand to Rune that failed, and then another group begins a Rune edition after CZ abandons the project

[unverifiable claims that previous and current Rune groups are unrelated]

Bruh, I've been here since 2011.  I solved 50 BTC blocks with cgminer before there was stratum, much less ASICs.  No need to ELI5 the difference between a software fork and blockchain fork.

Not even sure where you get the idea I'm confusing the two, as I never mentioned blockchain forks, intentional or otherwise.  Seems like a handwavy distraction and/or attempt to impugn my credibility/expertise.

BBR's and XMR's codebases have drifted apart from their common Bytecoin origin, so you can't simply "pull" things like LMDB, RingCT, etc into BBR.  Of course you can reuse a lot of the work done for Monero, but it's still going to take 100s of hours to adapt the code for BBR, test it, and keep doing that as Monero moves forward.

That's why I suggested it would be easier to fork XMR's code, modifying it with Wild Keccak replacing CryptoNight, than to go the other way.

Since there's no way to verify you are not related to the original Rune pushing group, the only thing I learned from your post is that you are almost certainly not CZ.  And that's not because you claimed it, but because you do not write like he does (native English speaker vs Slavglish).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: