Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:39:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
youretz

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:58:42 PM

Ha ha, on Cryptopia bbr price 13999 sat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:15:08 PM

Ha ha, on Cryptopia bbr price 13999 sat.

Yes I wonder too. It's a "get rich quick" for smaller instances. Smaller parts of the sell walls are mine, nobody wants them.
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:36:35 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 06:57:02 PM by b4h4mu7

No, this means that I'm contributing my own resources to the project. crypto_zoidberg is one of the brightest minds in this space and having him operate in any capacity is a positive. If we run into any technical issues during this process we'll be in contact with him. If not, we're going to continue working towards a release and focus on collaborating with him when it comes time to commit to the repo.

Thanks for stepping up!

You are very welcome!

I've owned this coin since september hoping someone would get this project going. this is the first time since the feb pump that im optimistic. good luck bud.

Thanks for the support crypthawk! Also, thanks to whoever donated 100XBB.. much appreciated!

I've managed to secure a senior level C++ developer to contribute to the project full-time. Our first major milestone will be merging the Bytecoin codebase with Boolberry's to bring it up to date with the advancements made over the years. In my view, the combination of Boolberry's unique features like its hashing algorithm, blockchain bloat reduction and privacy improvements along with Bytecoin 2.0's vast array of performance, usability and stability improvements will position Boolberry as the most advanced and efficient Cyptonote project.

Did Bytecoin made any advancements over the past years? Their website is quite empty.   Is this just another line of bullshits that is constantly going on in this thread?

Welcome. I'm not here to bullshit, I'm here to get shit done.

I'd advise going through the news portion of their website (https://bytecoin.org/news/) to get a wider scope of what's been done over the years.. There's multisig, a framework for alternative chains, tokens and smart contracts.. a top grade GUI interface, RocksDB and much more. These features are far beyond anything else that's in the Cryptonote space and that's why its a perfect fit to bring this over to Boolberry. The Monero crowd have done a great job of FUDing Bytecoin into obscurity over the years and that puts Boolberry into a unique position to capitalize on BCN improvements with its own unique subset of features. It's really the best of both worlds. Once we're live and stable with the merged repo, it'll showcase my vision clearly and you'll see why, in due time, Boolberry will be the top cryptonote project.

The affordable entry point for this project is a no brainer and its apparent that some are waking up to the value proposition here. It's a great boost of confidence for our efforts when I see over $1 million USD in volume! This is just the beginning and with some community effort it won't be long before this project rebounds into the top ten market cap ranking.

If this coin changes it's name I will buy some...but...Boolberry??  Huh

I clicked on this coin for no reason other than the name. That's a good sign. It's strangely evocative and sticky.

Examples of terrible brand names:
- Maidsafe
- QualiServe

Examples of great brand names:
- Dash
- Zen
- Kijiji
- Virgin

Many more in the Igor Naming Guide: https://www.igorinternational.com/process/naming-guide-product-company-names.php

According to these branding experts, lululemon got top marks as a brand name, which is in many ways similar to Boolberry.

I'm now going to research this coin and learn more, ONLY because I think the name is sticky enough to have mass appeal.

I agree. Honestly I thought this was a strain of weed when I first heard the name. Maybe one of the seed banks can cross Afgani Bullrider x Blueberry for a Boolberry strain xD

Whew lads! 772,780.360 XBB on Bittrex, good to see you all collectively moved your liquidity over, this is as good as Poloniex was!

+1

let me know if you need any seed nodes, still have a VPS running

Great. I'll be in contact with you soon. The project can also benefit from a social media presence if you're still keen on helping out on that front.  
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:26:01 PM

I've managed to secure a senior level C++ developer to contribute to the project full-time. Our first major milestone will be merging the Bytecoin codebase with Boolberry's to bring it up to date with the advancements made over the years. In my view, the combination of Boolberry's unique features like its hashing algorithm, blockchain bloat reduction and privacy improvements along with Bytecoin 2.0's vast array of performance, usability and stability improvements will position Boolberry as the most advanced and efficient Cyptonote project.

Did Bytecoin made any advancements over the past years? Their website is quite empty.   Is this just another line of bullshits that is constantly going on in this thread?

I'd advise going through the news portion of their website (https://bytecoin.org/news/) to get a wider scope of what's been done over the years.. There's multisig, a framework for alternative chains, tokens and smart contracts.. a top grade GUI interface, RocksDB and much more. These features are far beyond anything else that's in the Cryptonote space and that's why its a perfect fit to bring this over to Boolberry. The Monero crowd have done a great job of FUDing Bytecoin into obscurity over the years and that puts Boolberry into a unique position to capitalize on BCN improvements with its own unique subset of features. It's really the best of both worlds. Once we're live and stable with the merged repo, it'll showcase my vision clearly and you'll see why, in due time, Boolberry will be the top cryptonote project.

The affordable entry point for this project is a no brainer and its apparent that some are waking up to the value proposition here. It's a great boost of confidence for our efforts when I see over $1 million USD in volume! This is just the beginning and with some community effort it won't be long before this project rebounds into the top ten market cap ranking.

Exactly where i was looking and there is almost nothing from 2015 onward.
Bytcoin berried themselves because they announced it started 2 years after mining actually started. And most coins was already mined.  Without that dishonesty crypto community would accept it way friendlier and Boolbery would most likely not exist at all.

In any case I will believe when see. Just go read this thread and see all promises in last 3 years. This full time employed senior C++ developer should soon need to start show fruits of his work. He now works for almost a month. When we will see fist updates?
b4h4mu7

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:18:47 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2017, 07:32:13 PM by b4h4mu7

Exactly where i was looking and there is almost nothing from 2015 onward.
Bytcoin berried themselves because they announced it started 2 years after mining actually started. And most coins was already mined.  Without that dishonesty crypto community would accept it way friendlier and Boolbery would most likely not exist at all.

In any case I will believe when see. Just go read this thread and see all promises in last 3 years. This full time employed senior C++ developer should soon need to start show fruits of his work. He now works for almost a month. When we will see fist updates?

I agree with you about the promises made in this thread. I donated a substantial amount to restart development here. If you subtract the developer fee, the sum total of my donation was greater than all other donations combined during the entire lifespan of this project.. which according to the current price is valued at over $20,000. So if anyone here should be disappointed about how things progressed it should be me. However, I can't blame zoidberg for the current state of the project, we don't know what is happening in his life and RL has a tendency to interfere with expectations. It's my own fault for donating such a large sum without realizing that. But where would any of us be today if we didn't take risks? We can't expect one person to do all of the work here and we should commend clintar2 for sticking around. We should also be fortunate that zoidberg is still around to collaborate with community efforts. After all, Bitcoin wouldn't be where its at today without Satoshi having help from Gavin, Greg Maxwell and others willing to contribute to it. This is why I've taken it upon myself to help move this project forward by bringing in the necessary talent and resources.

Being a passive investor has its perks.. A person buys coins low then sells high without doing anything besides taking the initial risk of investment. The downside comes when the market doesn't give them returns. If you or anyone else want to see real progress and subsequent returns, then someone has to step up to the plate and make things happen. If you're not that person then you can contribute by donating. There's a lot of time and energy spent recruiting ideal candidates, interacting with the community, building development roadmaps, establishing milestones, organizing marketing strategies, overseeing graphic design and development progress, etc. So in addition to funding this, I also have to commit my own time into making a vision a reality that in end benefits both active and passive investors. I don't mind committing to this project because there is not much that can compare to the feeling that arises from transforming a project from a rough diamond into a polished one that shines above the competition. If anyone is concerned with ETAs then by all means feel free to donate Smiley 1FB1xJe7suSN6QW1x2Yt2X5YPGpRNDzeyLMdDyDEg8tictHPYEaRSXFUqjwU85wUt41pDPnJdeGYy9t 8e3MzqRn29tTo33E

I have to respectfully disagree with your observation concerning Bytecoin, "nothing" as you described it, is something that was happening here. Did you happen to read any of their posts from 2016? The Bytecoin 2.0 commit was quite significant, it introduced a lot of functionality into the project in addition to being a fully refactored codebase from 2012's version 1.0. According to them not a single line of code is shared between the two versions. If you've ever spent time refactoring code then you will know this is no small task.

"Also, the third and the last refactoring wave is coming in the new releases, which completely renews the Bytecoin code. After this wave of refactoring, the Bytecoin will not have a single line of the 2012-code." https://bytecoin.org/news/new-bytecoin-roadmap/

Aside from their blog, there's also a list of commits (https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/commits/master) from 2015 onward that also disproves your observation.

With regards to the Bytecoin launch, one should remember that Bitcoin was also mined for a period of time by it's creator before the general public discovered it (https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/the-well-deserved-fortune-of-satoshi-nakamoto/). I'm not saying Bytecoin's deployment was justified, I'm just saying it isn't completely out of the traditional norm for game changing crypto projects to be in stealth mode after launch. In the best case scenario, the coins mined from a stealth launch provide market stability to deter massive dumps. For an example of this, view the estimated 1148800 BTC mined by Satoshi which hasn't moved despite all of the upward trends over the years. If those coins were in the open market there would be much more market volatility then there already is. Another scenario is they also go towards funding development that would otherwise have to be seeded out from the community through donations, an ICO or from the developers own pockets. Meanwhile, in the worst case scenario the developers dump their holdings and abandon the project. The latter does not seem to be the case with Bytecoin as they have been consistent in their updates and commitment to the project over the years. I can relate to both sides of the coin since the importance of raising capital to sustain project development while maintaining a comfortable lifestyle is something that can only be understood by someone who has done it in the past. The average trader just sees the short term picture and expects developers to live on top ramen as long as they get their "fair" launch and "active" development. Regardless of my opinion on the matter, the damage done to the public's perception of Bytecoin by the Monero team seems to be irreversible.

The level of improvements made by zoidberg during the early part of this project's lifespan and his general understanding of the Cryptonote protocol compared to the entirety of the Monero team leads me to believe he was one of the founders of Bytecoin and IMO even possibly involved in the creation of Bitcoin. Because let's be honest, the creators of Bytecoin had to of had some prior experience working with cryptocurrencies before they launched Bytecoin. They created a new revolutionary codebase that truly improved upon Bitcoin's original vision by providing real transactional anonymity through an advanced cryptography schema years ahead of anything else on the market i.e. Darkcoin, zCoin, zCash. Meanwhile, other developers were figuring out how to search and replace parameters to launch shitcoins forks of Bitcoin i.e. Litecoin, Onecoin, 42coin, Dogecoin, etc. If one uses zCash as a benchmark for how long it takes to plan and launch an advanced crypto schema then one can deduce that the planning of the Cryptonote protocol began around the same time or shortly after Bitcoin was launched. I'm with the opinion that HoneyPenny/Boolberry was an attempt by one or more of Bytecoin's founders to relaunch Bytecoin with a fresh start free of all the negative sentiment attached to Bytecoin's stealth launch. With some effort from the community and collaboration with zoidberg and clintar2, I believe we can turn Boolberry into what Bytecoin should of been, Bitcoin 2.0.

Long story short, if anyone is concerned about development ETA, then donate to the cause or contribute to the project. I'll be honest, I can't guarantee 1000x returns, but if success is measured in market capitalization, commerce and adoption then I can guarantee I will continue to assemble a team with the highest probability of achieving those goals.
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:03:30 PM

Hi, can someone tell me, what are the requirements for a boolberry masternode? How many coins are needed for a masternode to work? And what is the daily profit for operating a boolberry masternode? thanks you
b4h4mu7

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:16:32 PM

Hi, can someone tell me, what are the requirements for a boolberry masternode? How many coins are needed for a masternode to work? And what is the daily profit for operating a boolberry masternode? thanks you

Hi,

Boolberry does not have masternodes. In its current form it functions in a pure Proof-of-Work capacity. According to crypto_zoidberg he is working on a hybrid proof-of-work / proof-of-stake concept codenamed "Louisd'or" that he eventually plans to merge into the Boolberry codebase. Although since his announcement his repo has been made private so we aren't able to see his progress; furthermore, the link to his whitepaper on the concept is offline. It seems like the project is very secretive to protect the I.P.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887482.0
igba

Activity: 111

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:23:33 PM

why the hell is BBR STILL in "maintenance" on cryptopia???
oranges411

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:13:25 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 11:26:45 PM by oranges411

No, this means that I'm contributing my own resources to the project. crypto_zoidberg is one of the brightest minds in this space and having him operate in any capacity is a positive. If we run into any technical issues during this process we'll be in contact with him. If not, we're going to continue working towards a release and focus on collaborating with him when it comes time to commit to the repo.

I'll try to donate.  But really any major development on this code by you and Zoidberg is an easy 10-50x+ USD assuming BTC price doesn't crash.  9 million circulating coin supply, and still trading below $1.00 while Monero is trading at $45.

Wasn't able to mine much of this back way back when, if I see a commit with major improvement, I'm buying this coin like a MOFO.
clintar2

Activity: 202
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:20:32 PM

Yeah, they just be counting all the bits in the blockchain to figure out if there was a fork. Really, it reminds of right before polo delisted.
zahidpervez

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:49:29 AM

this thread link should be on Coinmarketcap as many new information seekers are ending up at other dead thread
Notyoursbuisness

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:07:57 PM

Yeah, they just be counting all the bits in the blockchain to figure out if there was a fork. Really, it reminds of right before polo delisted.

so its fork or same thing ? anybody here knows?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
slb

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 03:13:51 PM

Guys, if you use Bytecoin v2 as base, be aware it adds additional verifications for the transactions. We already have some 'soft forks' on several forknote supported networks.

Forknote (create cryptocurrenies easy) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1079306.0
Dashcoin (anonymous cryptocurrency) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0
Notyoursbuisness

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:43:31 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 05:34:08 PM by Notyoursbuisness

I'm very curious to know what does "investigating possible fork" means ?
will it be deleted on cryptopia completely if they find differences with version that is used now on rex ?

*upd* never-mind. sold...   Cry

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
BlockChains

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:39:04 AM

I'm very curious to know what does "investigating possible fork" means ?
will it be deleted on cryptopia completely if they find differences with version that is used now on rex ?

*upd* never-mind. sold...   Cry

Why? What did you find out? Why did you sell the cryptopia holdings @notyoursbuisness ?
Notyoursbuisness

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:11:20 PM

Why? What did you find out?
Well i just seen HUGE difference in price between rex and cryptopia
Much higher price on rex! I tried to move coins out from cryptopia. But there is error on "withdraw" page for this coin.

"Status: Maintenance
Unfortunately we are unable to process your withdrawal at this time.
Reason: investigating possible fork."

That error still there. I asked here ... are "bbr" and "xbb" same coins or not?
But since i got no answers - i just "panic sold" kinda at loss. Was small amount anyway.

BlockChains

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:17:36 PM

Why? What did you find out?
Well i just seen HUGE difference in price between rex and cryptopia
Much higher price on rex! I tried to move coins out from cryptopia. But there is error on "withdraw" page for this coin.

"Status: Maintenance
Unfortunately we are unable to process your withdrawal at this time.
Reason: investigating possible fork."

That error still there. I asked here ... are "bbr" and "xbb" same coins or not?
But since i got no answers - i just "panic sold" kinda at loss. Was small amount anyway.

Ok thanks for your reply.  Yeah, I know it says unable to process, I just thought maybe you found some info... I'm hoping they will resolve it soon and if/when they do, it could be worth it.
Notyoursbuisness

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:25:11 PM

i honestly hope that eventually they will open wallet.
i hope cryptopia is better than poloniex.

b4h4mu7

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:45:17 AM

i honestly hope that eventually they will open wallet.
i hope cryptopia is better than poloniex.

Is there any reason why you're using cryptoia instead of Bittrex?
Notyoursbuisness

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:15:22 AM

Is there any reason why you're using cryptoia instead of Bittrex?
I use like 6 exchanges... cause not all coins listed everywhere.

Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: