Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210690 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:37:40 PM

It's highly likely Mintpal will list BBR within the week or so.
They are going to want to get a second note coin up on their exchange.

BBR should be able to breathe a little more being on 3 major exchanges.

Mintpal is irrelevant.   BBR doesn't need Mintpal.  It needs better pools and miners so that the network is more decentralized.  Forget about mintpal.  Monero just got listed on Mintpal and it tanked.  Mintpal is over rated.  I don't understand what the fascination with mintpal is.  

Let's start by getting on coinmarketcap.com
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 11:48:57 PM

*almost* started to get excited about this coin, until I did a quick Google search and remembered this is the one that Christian @ ccminer is "closed source" GPU mining. He claims to be making 12 BTC per day, and understandably will not open his mining source to anyone.

*** citation needed.

I never stated BTCs per day and the BBR exchange rate then isn't the BBR rate now. And the difficulty now is 3-4 times higher as it was then.

This has already been debated.  

Anyone that wants to mine with the GPUminer needs to donate to the Stratum Pool bounty.  When that's completed cbuchner1 has stated that he'll open source the miner.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657484

there is already a stratum pool up and running.. http://bbr.extremepool.org supports stratum, there just isn't a stratum miner!

So we're just waiting for a cpuminer update for cbuchner1 to dump his GPU code in?  That's my understanding.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Found the link
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657484.msg7476159#msg7476159

That's what I am going off of.

just waiting for someone to make a miner that supports stratum, something like lucasjones's cpuminer-multi or wolf's cpuminer-multi.  the pools would take off if there was something other than simpleminer to work with.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 01:49:01 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 02:14:07 AM by crypto_zoidberg

Guys,best pool I found on OP has only 30 MH/s,and this pool founds only 1 block in 6-10 hours...Devs are using  closed pool for this coin and they have another(not announced miner)Please do not be fools.Try to think critically.

David already said most of the words, i'll only add my 5 cents.

It is well known that is not possible to prove that something doesn't exist, so i can't prove that i don't have private pool or GPU miner for myself.
But, i can help you(and everyone) in your investigation, if you really interested.
Here we have graphs, that is showing some usable info about the project state.
http://boolberry.com/state.html
Among other parameters, there are incoming_conections_count graph, where could bee seen (implicitly) dynamyc of new hosts connecting to network. Another parameter that could give some information is white_peerlist_size/grey_peerlist_size, watching this you can also figure out about how much machines connected or diconnected from network.
Everyone can setup the same graphs on his own server since i've shared munin plugins in project repo (/utils).

And finally, few pictures. This is boolberry network about two weeks ago:

This is boolberry now:

At first scan i saw more than 3000 hosts, but while i was writing this post some hundreds disconnected, as an example of how you could see such connections/disconnections on graphs:

To understang right this connections graphs you should realize that connections are spread along the whole network, and each single server connections info is only indirect indicator of real online hosts amount.

Why so few pools?
If you read our project info, you may know that we have new PoW hash approach(scratchpad that should be transfered to miners), and that's why pools for bbr not trivial and not widespread yet. Current pools for BBR is running by enthusiasts who involved into developing and improving this technology. That's why there are so much solominers, it simply more stable at this moment, and still profitable as i know.

And of course, nobody is hiding the fact of GPU, i explained this issue to community and expalained risks and my vision of how to solve this problem, we working on it.
Let me know if you need some more information.

Zoidberg

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 02:09:18 AM

just waiting for someone to make a miner that supports stratum, something like lucasjones's cpuminer-multi or wolf's cpuminer-multi.  the pools would take off if there was something other than simpleminer to work with.
We not just waitng guys.
Yesterday i started a work on it.
I reviewed a code of cpuminermulti and node-cryptonote-pool/node-boolberry pool by lucasjones, we need to make little changes in json parametrs names (make it more like classic stratum), and put addendum into another parameter, to not make cpuminer broken.
In cpuminer we need to implement reading of this extra parameters with addendums and merging it into global scratchpad, also wee  need to add info to getjob request, the same as simpleminer do.
Since cpuminer is writen in plain c, it will be not fast, i say it will be much slower for me to implement this features than i could implement it in C++.

It's obvious that i have also A LOT OF WORK on main project(most important is to create binaries for mac, linux, review last commits of other *notes, add some features to GUI), so i wrote to Zone117x to asked if lucasjones are able to do this work with cpuminer/pool, if he does i'll offer maximum prize that i have for this work. If not, i'll do it by myself.

Zoidberg

dr_chen

Activity: 494

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:14:10 AM

We not just waitng guys.
I reviewed a code of cpuminermulti and node-cryptonote-pool/node-boolberry pool by lucasjones, we need to make little changes in json parametrs names (make it more like classic stratum), and put addendum into another parameter, to not make cpuminer broken.
In cpuminer we need to implement reading of this extra parameters with addendums and merging it into global scratchpad, also wee  need to add info to getjob request, the same as simpleminer do.
Since cpuminer is writen in plain c, it will be not fast, i say it will be much slower for me to implement this features than i could implement it in C++.

It's obvious that i have also A LOT OF WORK on main project(most important is to create binaries for mac, linux, review last commits of other *notes, add some features to GUI), so i wrote to Zone117x to asked if lucasjones are able to do this work with cpuminer/pool, if he does i'll offer maximum prize that i have for this work. If not, i'll do it by myself.

Zoidberg

Zoidberg, Thanks for your hard work.
Although you are a very good and efficient developer,
I think you must find a team to work with you, not do all the things yourself

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:17:29 AM

Mintpal is irrelevant.   BBR doesn't need Mintpal.  It needs better pools and miners so that the network is more decentralized.  Forget about mintpal.  Monero just got listed on Mintpal and it tanked.  Mintpal is over rated.  I don't understand what the fascination with mintpal is.  

I can get the coin on coinmarketcap.com this week. Anyone could have. You can.
I'll go submit it right now.

Crypto is full of people that say "we should" this and "we should that".

Will be submitted within 10 minutes. Then will be about 2-4 days before listing.

emontmon

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:20:01 AM

I think it is perfectly acceptable to fork coin. If christian wNts to maintain current fork then good for him. The coin remains an experiment. If you believe in the developer than you will follow the developer.

I believe in the developer. My GPUs will follow the developer. There you have it.

And the experiment would continue. No malice directed at christian. I just argue for continued experimentation. The intent was never to have gpu mining perhapse an impossible goal but worthy of effort. And I am sure the challange will be welcomed by christian and profitable and a lot of learning will be achieved advancing cryptocurrency forward

I would advise against experimentation in the 2nd best established Cryptonote currency. Experiments in newcomers are always highly interesting. Examples for noteworthy experiments are: Auroracoin, Jackpotcoin, Talkcoin...

This is not out of jealousy or another emotion but your input in this regard should be taken with a grain of salt.
However the dev since inception said he would fork if necessary. The majority are at a disadvantage here and I think that is not in the spirit of the coin.

YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:26:01 AM

Submitted to CMC. Took 5 minutes.
Expect listing within 2-4 days if there are no issues.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:07:35 AM

We not just waitng guys.

Zoidberg

Agree, i'm not intend to do all by myself.
But:
1. here is not as much developers as you could think, usually devs have real jobs and don't have enough time for playing in cryptogames.
2. I'm a new person in this community, so i don't have a lot of friends yet.

I think devs will be coming by themselves, moved by interest to this project, and it will be the best i could wish.

in simple words: bbr is welcome for developers! actually we welcome for everyone

BTW: If there are any of MacOS guys? we really need someone who make bundle for project and write build script, to be able share binaries.

dreampursuing

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:37:19 AM

Is there a BBR QQ group?

dreampursuing

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:49:34 AM

BBR do be a stable coin , keep it's value  stable while XMR dumpling.

xxnirvana69xx

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:46:42 AM

Im getting compiling errors while it is trying to compile the connectivity_tool on ubuntu 14.04. Using Win7x64 for now until I can get some help to get it to compile.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:02:28 AM

Im getting compiling errors while it is trying to compile the connectivity_tool on ubuntu 14.04. Using Win7x64 for now until I can get some help to get it to compile.
What errors?

teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:17:05 AM

how do i just compile simpleminer? i know i can get just boolbd with just this:

Code:
rm -rf build; mkdir -p build/release; cd build/release; cmake -D STATIC=ON  -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../..; make daemon

I just changed "daemon" into "simpleminer" in the above (you can find both targets in the Makefile).

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:12:11 AM

We not just waitng guys.

Zoidberg

Agree, i'm not intend to do all by myself.
But:
1. here is not as much developers as you could think, usually devs have real jobs and don't have enough time for playing in cryptogames.
2. I'm a new person in this community, so i don't have a lot of friends yet.

I think devs will be coming by themselves, moved by interest to this project, and it will be the best i could wish.

in simple words: bbr is welcome for developers! actually we welcome for everyone

BTW: If there are any of MacOS guys? we really need someone who make bundle for project and write build script, to be able share binaries.

Mintpal is irrelevant.   BBR doesn't need Mintpal.  It needs better pools and miners so that the network is more decentralized.  Forget about mintpal.  Monero just got listed on Mintpal and it tanked.  Mintpal is over rated.  I don't understand what the fascination with mintpal is.   

I can get the coin on coinmarketcap.com this week. Anyone could have. You can.
I'll go submit it right now.

Crypto is full of people that say "we should" this and "we should that".

Will be submitted within 10 minutes. Then will be about 2-4 days before listing.

Um, why do we want to get listed on coinmarketcap already? This community is doing just fine without the nightmare of get-marginally-more-rich/make$5 pump and dumpers out there. There is too much infrastructure that still needs to be built, and if the coin goes sky-high and then crashes equally fast it's more likely to kill this community as the thread gets overrun with whiny "to da moon!" posters that drown out the dev and any real love for the project.

I think we should NOT get on coinmarketcap and we should not try and get on more exchanges. These things serve only to serve up a new coin as fresh meat to speculative individuals with zero interest in contributing in any meaningful manner. It's a terrible idea right now. Lets wait till there is actually something happening with the coin more then just mining.

more or less retired.
suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:38:08 AM

boolberry is mintpals choice add tonight.

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
dr_chen

Activity: 494

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:04:01 AM

where do you get the news

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
cubydu

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 11:43:36 AM

where do you get the news

I think it's scam for price rise

xxnirvana69xx

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:03:34 PM

What errors?

/tmp/cc5ITsCl.ltrans25.ltrans.o: In function `handle_update_maintainers_info(boost::program_options::variables_map&)':
cc5ITsCl.ltrans25.o:(.text+0x139f): undefined reference to `currency::get_blob_hash(std::string const&)'
cc5ITsCl.ltrans25.o:(.text+0x13c0): undefined reference to `crypto::crypto_ops::generate_signature(crypto::hash const&, crypto::public_key const&, crypto::secret_key const&, crypto::signature&)'
/tmp/cc5ITsCl.ltrans28.ltrans.o: In function `generate_and_print_keys()':
cc5ITsCl.ltrans28.o:(.text+0x6c5): undefined reference to `crypto::crypto_ops::generate_keys(crypto::public_key&, crypto::secret_key&)'
/tmp/cc5ITsCl.ltrans28.ltrans.o: In function `main':
cc5ITsCl.ltrans28.o:(.text.startup+0x1a4): undefined reference to `command_line::arg_help'
cc5ITsCl.ltrans28.o:(.text.startup+0x490): undefined reference to `command_line::arg_help'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [src/connectivity_tool] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/nirv/boolberry/build/release'
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/connectivity_tool.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/nirv/boolberry/build/release'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nirv/boolberry/build/release'
make: *** [build-release] Error 2
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:12:45 PM

Submitted to CMC. Took 5 minutes.
Expect listing within 2-4 days if there are no issues.

I submitted last week. Boolberry was added today.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: