Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:57:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
maidsafe (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:29:43 PM

It's a beautiful demonstration of the Gresham Law= At fixed rate, bad money chase good money.

That's why fixed rate sucks. They made a big mistake by pumping a bad money.

Well bad money or not, Mastercoin investors are giving this project a huge start, the momentum. Lets face it, a lot of people act on peer pressure. A lot of money pouring in (Mastercoins) are making this project look "legit" (whether this is good or bad is not up for debate right now). In the bitcoin world if the IPO doesn't sell out fast it will dwindle and not reach its goal. A lot of money gets thrown in because of emotional momentum very early in the process.

If the IPO sells out fast, then the safecoins will seemingly be worth more than the IPO price. This will probably widen it's spead even more and give it good publicity. This is exactly what this project need.

But if this is a huge scam, RIP 8k BTC
anyone who said it is a scam should see what we did in the past 8 years: https://github.com/maidsafe
and http://www.coindesk.com/decentralized-internet-project-maidsafe-raise-funds-via-safecoin-sale/

When will it start then? How do you generate the other 90% of the coins? Only with POR?

15% of all safecoin earned will be allocated to the developer pool;
10% for IPO;
others for POR.
http://www.safecoin.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:31:23 PM

When network will be launched?
maidsafe (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:37:20 PM

Apparently the MSC investment address (1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu) was removed from safecoin.io.
MaidSafe really should put up an official statement and explain:
- why the MSC address was removed
- if it's still possible to invest via MSC

I have high respect for the Mastercoin people and for the MaidSafe project but I'm missing transparency here. Not communicating about this puts an otherwise interesting project in a bad light.

(My guess is that the amount of coins on the MSC side is much bigger than expected and that they would like to push the BTC side of investments.)
Transparency transparency transparency
Red flag

dirvine will come soon to answer your questions. i need to have a rest now.

Allow me to add to the confusion and fuckeduppery.

I sent some Bitcoins to this party.  Are people who who sent a coin of significantly less value going to receive significantly more of these magiccoins than me?

No, I will post soon, just finishing some parts of the back end. We will make sure everyone gets fair treatment and BTC backers are well looked after. Mad just now, the computers are not quick enough, but I will be back to post soon. It's unbelievable and everyone is gonna be happy I think
Zooey

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:37:37 PM

Just an FYI for anyone looking for reliable info;
I messaged David Irvine about a concern I had and he's responded in this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577149.msg6338462#msg6338462

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
maidsafe (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:51:42 PM

I strongly recommend BTC if possible, you shoudl not loose MSC though, I think they are either automatically returned or at worst we have to manually do it. It is literally closing now though. I am out of the office (heading back) and the close thing is happening or happened. You can try but I really think it best you use BTC to be safe. It works with a STOP order type thing. I will know more in a few mins when I am in. Interviews like mad as well. Sleep when its over for sure.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/maidsafe-development/9QTj0d2pGPo/NPC7XkUrdzEJ

Apparently the MSC investment address (1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu) was removed from safecoin.io.

I have high respect for the Mastercoin people and for the MaidSafe project but I'm missing transparency here. Not communicating about this puts an otherwise interesting project in a bad light.

(My guess is that the amount of coins on the MSC side is much bigger than expected and that they would like to push the BTC side of investments.)
Transparency transparency transparency
Red flag

Site: http://maidsafe.net/
Source code: https://github.com/maidsafe
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdGH40oUVDY
IPO Site: http://www.safecoin.io/; http://www.buysafecoins.com/
Exchange: https://masterxchange.com
Why to Choose Mastercoin Protocol as the IPO Chanel: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/maidsafe-development/j8QBYnXOYUI
IPO for BTC Address: https://blockchain.info/zh-cn/address/1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E

The crowd sale is now closed to MSC, still open for BTC: 1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E

dirvine

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:19:32 PM

I messaged David Irvine about a concern I had and he's responded in this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577149.msg6338462#msg6338462

Still in fast mode so forgive typo's and grammar

Well what a morning! I cannot think of any other with so much drama and excitement. We started a little late as we had to wait on a certain block appearing on the blockchain to start the whole thing off. That was bad enough. Then we got the block and pushed go on the websites. 

We were all in the office ready to get involved and as soon as the site showed up some got in, others were stunned at the immediate influx of bitcoins. It was incredible, I had to go home to transfer mine, but was distracted for ages looking at the screen and wondering how all these people knew and how much belief there was. This seemed to hit home more than all the praise and good comments we get on line. This was peoples total belief and right there in front of me, surreal and very humbling.

We then seen the Mastercoin blockchain explode and this will initially amazing, then it was very fast. A mastercoin block explorer site showed the sale as sold out and that was then delight into shock.

This was due to the fact MSC holders just send to an issue address and MSAFE are automatically returned. BTC hodler though had to send to a BTC address where they are collected in the background and manually xferred to MSAFE. I was in shock, all those BTC inputs had not been processed, we are all shut out (all in the office to). That was not great.

I then was straight on to the Master protocol guys (also all nighter for them) and said is this all true, have we sold out in a couple of hours? We had not, in fact it was less than 50% (Still a huge amount).

Then I was outside thinking and thinking, what is happening this is too fast, the MSC holders are at great advantage and BTC supporters are going to be disadvantaged a lot. We cannot type quickly enough for this to even out. At this rate no BTC person will get in and they will miss out. We never seen this level of support coming.

I quite quickly decided that we would use all of the MSC loan fund we had been given for the sale and buy all the remaining MSAFE. Rather than manually doing a few steps in the background we would simply transfer the MSAFE to BTC holder on confirmation of any deposit. This removed a few steps. 

We debated, is this fair, is everyone included etc. and realised, what about the bonus, the 40% sliding bonus for everyone, we cannot manually calculate that, it would be a nightmare. Then it came together, we buy all remaining MSAFE with the loan fund and everyone gets the bonus, regardless of when they get in. Then we are all in the same boat, the faster MSC people and the BTC people. It means we raise less, but more importantly for us it means the system level out and we are all on the same playing field. People know me and me search for equilibrium the whole time.

This is what we have done, it reduces the back office steps, ensures BTC backers are looked after and not squeezed out. MSC backers got in at almost equal footing as BTC (almost 50% / 50%) and we all win. The BTC goes ahead and the MSC people got in fast and made their purchase.

This is now amazing as BTC is pushing along nicely and people can be assured the panic is over and the sale is as fair as it can be. Many would argue MSC is not 50% of the coin base etc. but I think none of us realised how fast and furious this sale would be. It is unbelievable.

It means SAFE can go on strongly now, we can fund core dev, create Builders (the 10% dev pool part is unlikely to be allocated, instead the network will allocate these safecoin to Builders who produce apps people use etc.). The developer pods across the world who will compete with MaidSafe on core dev can be established and the network seeded. This is a pivotal moment for us all.

I hope all of you were as taken aback as we were, but not as shocked at trying to figure out a mechanism to include everyone. 

So please bitcoin backers, take comfort, your orders are being processed and will be fine now. We did panic with the false reporting of a site etc. but it was a good warning, we need to make sure everyone is equally treated and looked after. So now we all get to become involved, we all get the ~40% bonus and many many more people and supporters are part of this project.

Thanks everyone and sorry for the frantic start, I hope it is calmer now and continues on it's strong footing.

We will publish the number of MSAFE remaining on safecoin.io and you will see this one the blockchain in our backers holding account (address to be published) on the blockchain. This will be simpler now and I must say again thanks to the Master Protocol team, they were just amazing and Craig Sellars in particular is a guy you want beside you when things move at this speed.

So BTC all the way now, until we post the sale is over on safecoin.io, at that time any BTC will be refunded back to the sending address.

Thanks again everyone, it's a pleasure to be part of this community, I cannot wait to get back to work though and get the network up and testnet 1 running.
uma97081

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:25:03 PM

stop the whales
btler420

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:28:34 PM

Isn't it a bit unfair that people will get more MaidSafeCoins if they buy them with MSC instead of BTC?

y1.
td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:32:03 PM

Too bad, I was very interested in this coin, planned to invest in it, but the fact that they changed the terms of the pre-sale with no advance warning makes it a non-starter for me. No mention was ever made of a 50% allocation between BTC and MSC investment. People were misled to believe both were allowed up to the total Safecoin to be sold.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

When will the btc sale be over?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:36:13 PM

Too bad, I was very interested in this coin, planned to invest in it, but the fact that they changed the terms of the pre-sale with no advance warning makes it a non-starter for me. No mention was ever made of a 50% allocation between BTC and MSC investment. People were misled to believe both were allowed up to the total Safecoin to be sold.
They messed up - they should expect it, tons of MSC holders were waiting for a quick exit...
uma97081

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:37:42 PM

Yeah, calculate the amount of BTC and post in the thread/website, that coin sale would be over when BTC reached this amount
her0

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:24:16 PM

https://blockchain.info/zh-cn/address/1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E

中国人是帮忙发的IPO帖子吧。

Wink
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:25:14 PM

Yeah, calculate the amount of BTC and post in the thread/website, that coin sale would be over when BTC reached this amount

429,496,729 maidsafecoins to be sold.

429,496,729/(17000*1.4) = 18046.08 BTC
maidsafe (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:28:42 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 03:48:59 PM by maidsafe

Still in fast mode so forgive typo's and grammar

Well what a morning! I cannot think of any other with so much drama and excitement. We started a little late as we had to wait on a certain block appearing on the blockchain to start the whole thing off. That was bad enough. Then we got the block and pushed go on the websites.  

We were all in the office ready to get involved and as soon as the site showed up some got in, others were stunned at the immediate influx of bitcoins. It was incredible, I had to go home to transfer mine, but was distracted for ages looking at the screen and wondering how all these people knew and how much belief there was. This seemed to hit home more than all the praise and good comments we get on line. This was peoples total belief and right there in front of me, surreal and very humbling.

We then seen the Mastercoin blockchain explode and this will initially amazing, then it was very fast. A mastercoin block explorer site showed the sale as sold out and that was then delight into shock.

This was due to the fact MSC holders just send to an issue address and MSAFE are automatically returned. BTC hodler though had to send to a BTC address where they are collected in the background and manually xferred to MSAFE. I was in shock, all those BTC inputs had not been processed, we are all shut out (all in the office to). That was not great.

I then was straight on to the Master protocol guys (also all nighter for them) and said is this all true, have we sold out in a couple of hours? We had not, in fact it was less than 50% (Still a huge amount).

Then I was outside thinking and thinking, what is happening this is too fast, the MSC holders are at great advantage and BTC supporters are going to be disadvantaged a lot. We cannot type quickly enough for this to even out. At this rate no BTC person will get in and they will miss out. We never seen this level of support coming.

I quite quickly decided that we would use all of the MSC loan fund we had been given for the sale and buy all the remaining MSAFE. Rather than manually doing a few steps in the background we would simply transfer the MSAFE to BTC holder on confirmation of any deposit. This removed a few steps.  

We debated, is this fair, is everyone included etc. and realised, what about the bonus, the 40% sliding bonus for everyone, we cannot manually calculate that, it would be a nightmare. Then it came together, we buy all remaining MSAFE with the loan fund and everyone gets the bonus, regardless of when they get in. Then we are all in the same boat, the faster MSC people and the BTC people. It means we raise less, but more importantly for us it means the system level out and we are all on the same playing field. People know me and me search for equilibrium the whole time.

This is what we have done, it reduces the back office steps, ensures BTC backers are looked after and not squeezed out. MSC backers got in at almost equal footing as BTC (almost 50% / 50%) and we all win. The BTC goes ahead and the MSC people got in fast and made their purchase.

This is now amazing as BTC is pushing along nicely and people can be assured the panic is over and the sale is as fair as it can be. Many would argue MSC is not 50% of the coin base etc. but I think none of us realised how fast and furious this sale would be. It is unbelievable.

It means SAFE can go on strongly now, we can fund core dev, create Builders (the 10% dev pool part is unlikely to be allocated, instead the network will allocate these safecoin to Builders who produce apps people use etc.). The developer pods across the world who will compete with MaidSafe on core dev can be established and the network seeded. This is a pivotal moment for us all.

I hope all of you were as taken aback as we were, but not as shocked at trying to figure out a mechanism to include everyone.  

So please bitcoin backers, take comfort, your orders are being processed and will be fine now. We did panic with the false reporting of a site etc. but it was a good warning, we need to make sure everyone is equally treated and looked after. So now we all get to become involved, we all get the ~40% bonus and many many more people and supporters are part of this project.

Thanks everyone and sorry for the frantic start, I hope it is calmer now and continues on it's strong footing.

We will publish the number of MSAFE remaining on safecoin.io and you will see this one the blockchain in our backers holding account (address to be published) on the blockchain. This will be simpler now and I must say again thanks to the Master Protocol team, they were just amazing and Craig Sellars in particular is a guy you want beside you when things move at this speed.

So BTC all the way now, until we post the sale is over on safecoin.io, at that time any BTC will be refunded back to the sending address.

Thanks again everyone, it's a pleasure to be part of this community, I cannot wait to get back to work though and get the network up and testnet 1 running.
confirm that: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/maidsafe-development/vkr5mty4k4s
dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:31:01 PM

This is fucking hilarious !!!

After so much scam happened/happening, btc community yet again going fully retard!

OMG I never stop having fun on this forum....
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:34:10 PM

After so much scam happened/happening, btc community yet again going fully retard!

This is not a scam. You are the retard...  Wink
dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:39:01 PM

This is not a scam. You are the retard...  Wink

Don't get me wrong. This holly-grail, this cyber-utopia is a good investment. That's why the whales are here. Before it diffuses to oblivion, this thing is going to have such an unbelievable pump, probably x5 - x10 the investment. The only trouble is it's going to last for only a few hours and I will not be in the position to catch that show live  Angry

Grin
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:41:52 PM

That's weird, the SAFE Network Mastercoin exodus address never appeared on http://www.safecoin.io/ when I loaded it from my Android phone.

I kept on reloading the site. Maybe it does not load from my side of the world.

uma97081

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:42:27 PM

429,496,729 maidsafecoins to be sold.

429,496,729/(17000*1.4) = 18046.08 BTC

so its actually 9023.04 btc as 50% reserved for MSC holders
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: