Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:42:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
Matthewang

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:53:27 PM

with a market cap of 126 million being announced a few days before the launch (this post was made today) I am starting to see the need for regulation (and I am the last to say that) this is a pure scam. Very well put together scam

i am sure their buddies will get good deals, its only we sucker that will pay for the full price 1BTC = maidcoin Huh
The above information is exactly same as the http://www.safecoin.io/

MaidSafe raise money too much, it is estimated that future growth will be small.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:08:50 PM

MSC was trading at around .08 BTC before this.

Why would David J of MSC foundation think that it's a fair way to run an IPO to give more than twice the ROI in MSAFE for MSC holders than for BTC holders?

Maidsafe has to defend MSC now because it is holding a ton of MSC... too bad for such unethical behavior.  Holding a fair IPO in BTC (much more liquid than MSC) would not have been hard, if you think the purpose of this crap was anything other than profiteering, get real.

Although your thought process is clear to follow...  I am afraid you haven't considered several Market conditions.  If MaidSafe (or whomever for the matter) were to attempt to purchase the MSC accumulated through this IPO...  I am sure you agree that they would have NOT been able to purchase most "at around .08 BTC."  Can you imagine the MSC/BTC rates by the time they would be done buying?  As far as having "to defend MSC now"...  why do you exclude the possibility that they look forward to an increase in MSC valuation?  I mean...  think about it for a sec...  they obviously preferred to use the Master Protocol themselves!    Wink

The entire MSC marketcap as it stands today is at $22m.

The Maidsafe IPO raised around $6-$7 million.   In short 1/3rd of all MSC was used to acquire 10% of Maidsafe. 

Certainly people who bought MSC just to aqcuire Maidsafe did well if they were succesful. 

It may be possible that MSC increases in value after this since it does show it is possible to raise money via Mastercoin.   Also,  all the Maidsafe owners have to become familiar with Mastercoin.   So Mastercoin wins here in several different ways.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:23:30 PM

Most people prob invested because they thought they can sell for 2-3x higher right after the ipo closes.

I hope they all get screwed for trying to invest in yet another shitcoin.  It blows my mind that this shit just made 3 million dollars for doing basically nothing.

3 million? They made 12 million with this IPO

Sorry, I was just going based of the 7k BTC amount that keeps getting posted.  I have no intention of actually looking in depth into yet another shitcoin.

I cannot believe the amount of hot headed idiots on this thread. Before throwing about silly accusations, why don't people do some DD / research on Maidsafe? I'm sure they will find this is not a scam, or is it because they missed out on the IPO? Whatever reasons, RESEARCH IT! What these guys are doing is VERY REAL and will change the way we use the internet in the future. This technology (like the bitcoin protocol) will open a completely new and diverse technology sector altogether. Entrepreneurs, new app development you name it - thanks to the hard work of Maidsafe and other blockchain technologies. And no I don't work for Maidsafe (I wish I did). - Guys and girls, read their Google groups, study the technical stuff if you have time. I completely trust them.

My two sats..

I hope this whole thing implodes and everybody gets fucked by MaidSafe.  I do not enjoy waking up to emails tying myself to shitcoins, especially in the same sentence as MtGox, and will forever wish for misfortune upon anybody that touches this piece of shit.  All because some retard doesn't understand that taint analysis doesn't work when the source of coins are a pool responsible for producing ~25% of all coins mined in the last year.

You can't be that fucking dense, can you?
Do you even understand why we use the term "shitcoin"?
It relates to a coin that offers nothing but more shit. Nothing new, nothing innovative.
Safecoin represents a token for a system that IF achieved will change the world we live in.
That is not an understatement.

I don't know how much simpler I can say this to you, DECENTRALIZED INTERNET. No government control, no service providers capping bandwidth to sites they don't like, no censorship. It will allow decentralized applications. We are talking DAC's. If you actually took the time to research what Maidsafe has been trying to achieve over the past 7 years maybe you wouldn't be talking out your ass and looking like a complete ignorant dick.
OH NOES! SOMEONE ACCUSED ME OF SENDING BITCOINS BECAUSE THEY CAME FROM AN ADDRESS THAT I CONTROL!
Pry yourself away from your computer monitor tanning for a bit and develop some social skills.

Yeah I'm getting sick of that too also, cheap to buy... Fuck MaidSafe, to all investors: Get into BlackCoin, best coin out there at the moment, its going to sky rocket soon (Developers are planning a surprise in May, price now is ULTRA CHEAP 15 cents)

I just don't understand how people can be this ignorant in here.
Blackcoin = just another coin (ooooo its PoS! theres only like 12 of those!)
maidsafe = Miles above and beyond what any one coin is doing (except maybe Counterparty, Ethereum and MSC)
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:30:24 PM

...maybe you wouldn't be talking out your ass and looking like a complete ignorant dick.
Yes, because when comparing you and eleuthria, it is clear which one comes out looking like a complete ignorant dick.

[...]fucking dense[...][...]talking out your ass[...]looking like a complete ignorant dick.

Pry yourself away from your computer monitor tanning for a bit and develop some social skills.

Oh, the irony.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
WildCats

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:21:08 PM

MSC was trading at around .08 BTC before this.

Why would David J of MSC foundation think that it's a fair way to run an IPO to give more than twice the ROI in MSAFE for MSC holders than for BTC holders?

Maidsafe has to defend MSC now because it is holding a ton of MSC... too bad for such unethical behavior.  Holding a fair IPO in BTC (much more liquid than MSC) would not have been hard, if you think the purpose of this crap was anything other than profiteering, get real.

Although your thought process is clear to follow...  I am afraid you haven't considered several Market conditions.  If MaidSafe (or whomever for the matter) were to attempt to purchase the MSC accumulated through this IPO...  I am sure you'd agree that they would have NOT been able to purchase most "at around .08 BTC."  Can you imagine the MSC/BTC rates by the time they would be done buying?  As far as having "to defend MSC now"...  why do you exclude the possibility that they look forward to an increase in MSC valuation?  I mean...  think about it for a sec...  they obviously preferred to use the Master Protocol themselves!    Wink

So your idea is MaidSafe was itching to make a big investment in MasterCoin and then David J of the MSC foundation graciously worked out a deal with them so they could buy a ton of MSC at over double the market price... and this is a good deal for them because they don't have to try their luck on the open market... OMG LOL
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:30:02 PM

This IPO sucked.  What is even worse is the people running Safecoin have not done very much to fix it.

I seriously thought the IPO would last longer and was in the process of buying some bitcoin as all the coins I am invested in are low.

They really should open the IPO again and refund a small fraction of the whale's coins.  Even refunding 10% should allow many, many, many people who were looking to get in on this IPO to invest.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:43:46 PM

NXT made way way more ROI than master coin

That's why you should invest in NEX.

TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:47:39 PM

From what I have seen so far, I'm 90% certain MaidSafe is a scam. I really wish it is not, because I would love the end product. But my instinct keep telling me it is.

I feel compelled to point out that Maidsafe is not an anonymous shadow company.
They are real verified programmers working out in the open on a real and verified project trying to accomplish something truly amazing.

Their names are public, so is their company (I believe they are located in Ireland, or Scotland, can't remember).

Look it up people...
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:52:04 PM

MaidSafe - Transform the Hero into a Newbie/Troll.

Grin Kiss Grin Kiss Grin

yep, some hero members's comments at this thread just exposed their superficiality, myopia and rudeness.

Myopia, there's one you don't hear every day!
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

How can I transfer Maidsafe from the blockchain wallet? I have written down the private key. Is there a guide for that?

I also have a fully-synced qt with masterchest in windows.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:01:38 PM

Here's a video of David Irvine explaining Safecoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_szOW4uPD0

Start at the 5:00 mark.

A great video and would in less than 20 minutes explain away all the hero members claiming maidsafe would own and have complete access to all information.

Yes, as as been explained before, maidsafe would publish patents not to control the system but to prevent any legal action against itself. From their site:

FAQs
Who owns the MaidSafe platform?

No one, it is a resource there for all users of the Internet. The MaidSafe network is completely anonymous, secure and aims to repel human intervention of any kind; it cannot be controlled or 'owned'. We feel very strongly about this and have written a blog post on the subject:

A truly autonomous distributed network shouldn't need patents to protect it, right?

Our patents exist in a purely defensive capacity, to protect MaidSafe and the developers that use the platform. MaidSafe do not own the patents, they only have the rights to use them, royalty free and in perpetuity. The MaidSafe Foundation, a registered charity, actually own the patents.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:17:58 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 06:28:55 PM by TheMightyX

...maybe you wouldn't be talking out your ass and looking like a complete ignorant dick.
Yes, because when comparing you and eleuthria, it is clear which one comes out looking like a complete ignorant dick.

[...]fucking dense[...][...]talking out your ass[...]looking like a complete ignorant dick.

Oh, the irony.

The difference between you and I is when I sling around insults I give valid reason for my criticisms; you just repeat and redirect what I say back to me.

I agree, it is quite clear. One of us got upset because people made a very simple and obvious assumption (which should be expected) and got so upset he started calling a very valid project a scam and a shitcoin.

The other one called him on his shit and pointed out he was acting like a little child.

Which one am I, I wonder!

edit: thats me, with my smugness and my cup of espresso/chocolate that tastes like shit. Enjoy.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:56:03 PM

Can anyone recommend the mastercoin wallet I should use to receive and transfer my maidsafe coins?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:01:24 PM

Can anyone recommend the mastercoin wallet I should use to receive and transfer my maidsafe coins?

https://test.omniwallet.org
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:07:28 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 07:23:06 PM by FrictionlessCoin

Does not give me any warm and fuzzies with it says 'alpha'!

Tested the omniwallet... does not show the MSAFE coins that are in my address.

Only Masterchest.info shows the coins.

AGAIN... what wallet works with MSAFE?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:27:12 PM

With Omni, you will see them when you try to send them. It's weird, but sending with Omni works (did it this morning).

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
liondani

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:49:12 PM

thats another thing, 70% of investors can NOT trade maidsaifcoins YET because the most wallets are not compatible by now (like masterchest which has the majority used). Guess what? The insiders have invested with wallets they are compatible and they can sell NOW! Now while the demand is higher than the suply (we) because everybody can buy with BTC but not sell if he is not capable to transfer their coins yet! When the demand dissapears after some days or weeks then I would guess that magicaly  v0.4 that is maidsafe compatible will be available...  Tongue

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:58:46 PM

I hear you re alpha. Had exactly the same fears myself. It needs a little patience, a few deep breaths, and a few little dust tests, and it will deliver.

Theres some friction/glitches with Omni to overcome, but in the last 24hrs ive managed to receive, send, add private keys, send between two addresses in the wallet, and send MSC + MSAFE + BTC from the same address.

Keep calm, and carry on.  Smiley  
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:00:26 PM

thats another thing, 70% of investors can NOT trade maidsaifcoins YET because the most wallets are not compatible by now (like masterchest which has the majority used). Guess what? The insiders have invested with wallets they are compatible and they can sell NOW! Now while the demand is higher than the suply (we) because everybody can buy with BTC but not sell if he is not capable to transfer their coins yet! When the demand dissapears after some days or weeks then I would guess that magicaly  v0.4 that is maidsafe compatible will be available...  Tongue

I call bullshit.

I've never used Mastercoin in my life, but in a little over an hour of forum searches, I was able to figure out how to use Omni wallet to transfer my MSAFE coins. It is a pain in the ass, but certainly isn't impossible.

TIP: Omni will not transfer to a bitcoin address whose public key is not visible. In other words, you can only send to an address that has spent bitcoin in the past.

TIP2: https://i.imgur.com/oe4joOa.png

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:12:05 PM

I hear you re alpha. Had exactly the same fears myself. It needs a little patience, a few deep breaths, and a few little dust tests, and it will deliver.

Theres some friction/glitches with Omni to overcome, but in the last 24hrs ive managed to receive, send, add private keys, send between two addresses in the wallet, and send MSC + MSAFE + BTC from the same address.

Keep calm, and carry on.  Smiley  

Not really worried here.

Just post back when you get omni finally working correctly.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: