Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 04:59:46 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 533054 times)
niner

Activity: 189

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 10:20:05 AM

MaidSafeCoin now listed in the top ten at http://coinmarketcap.com/

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrictionlessCoin

Activity: 770

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 10:30:58 AM

Compairing the price paid by BTC and MSC Backers of Maidsafe IPO I find Out this:

I think MaidSafe team should take action and Pay to BTC Backers more Bonus to cover this unfair IPO, Period.

Well if anyone took a hit on this one, it was the maidsafe team.  They received a majority of their payment on MSC that they would likely be fortunate to unload at current prices. 

I can understand BTC owners to be upset,  however the situation was publicly known prior to investment.

As I said earlier,  back room deals happen every tine for IPOs,  it is just unusual that the deal here is made so publicly in the open.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
 ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
  █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██  
  █

.......Whitepaper.......
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
FrictionlessCoin

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 10:31:45 AM

Excellent!  Next big step is try to figure out how to get maidsafecoin on other exchanges.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
     ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██  
  █

.......Whitepaper.......
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
infinitewealth

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:37:35 AM

what price is maidsafe now and where can i buy it?

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. SMJ4Djvi6KFnhCyn94TwgHpCJLdwQdpmkx
littleblue

Activity: 286

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:52:33 AM

Excellent!  Next big step is try to figure out how to get maidsafecoin on other exchanges.
nice! Cool
littleblue

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:53:00 AM

what price is maidsafe now and where can i buy it?
https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=maid
littleblue

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:19:41 AM

市值大没用的,要看交易量的。 Grin
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:29:49 AM

Compairing the price paid by BTC and MSC Backers of Maidsafe IPO I find Out this:

I think MaidSafe team should take action and Pay to BTC Backers more Bonus to cover this unfair IPO, Period.

This cannot be said enough times.

Anyone who invested in Maidsafe with bitcoins (which is what they actually wanted) got screwed.. I think they will want to adjust this somehow if they want to keep their BTC investors happy, even more so since it was bitcoins they were after, not mastercoins.

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1168

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:05:23 PM

Anyone who invested in Maidsafe with bitcoins (which is what they actually wanted) got screwed.. I think they will want to adjust this somehow if they want to keep their BTC investors happy, even more so since it was bitcoins they were after, not mastercoins.

I invested with BTC and I don't feel I got screwed.  A screwing would be if they didn't keep their end of the deal.  They kept their end of the deal and more.

You have to get over yourself.  In life, some people, some times, will have an advantage over you.  That is the real world.  If you're feeling screwed now, you're really going to feel screwed when safecoins are 50x the price they are at present.

You should be evaluating and buying safecoins on their own merit, not on the basis of what someone else paid for them.

Sounds to me like you're trying to do a short-term flip and now can't.  If you were looking at this as a longer-term investment you would be welcoming these cheap maidsafecoins as a way to build your investment.
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:26:15 PM

I invested with BTC and I don't feel I got screwed.  A screwing would be if they didn't keep their end of the deal.  They kept their end of the deal and more.

You have to get over yourself.  In life, some people, some times, will have an advantage over you.  That is the real world.  If you're feeling screwed now, you're really going to feel screwed when safecoins are 50x the price they are at present.

You should be evaluating and buying safecoins on their own merit, not on the basis of what someone else paid for them.

Sounds to me like you're trying to do a short-term flip and now can't.  If you were looking at this as a longer-term investment you would be welcoming these cheap maidsafecoins as a way to build your investment.

Sounds to me like you're in denial telling yourself that you didn't get completely fucked over, when in reality you did - because you paid more for less. (during the same 24h? window).
Vandalay23

Activity: 330

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:19:33 PM

Have BTC investors received the maidsafecoins already?
Raxe.io

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 05:45:09 PM

dirvine, will your team be now building code everyday, and will this code be open on github or closed until launch?

I have noticed most of the core files on your repo [github] have not been updated in months.

What is the timeline for development?

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
Jocuserious

Activity: 347

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:23:10 PM

Have BTC investors received the maidsafecoins already?

Yes. 
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:05:09 PM

can someone explain to me how this is supposed to decentralize the internet? does it provide incentives for entrepreneurs to provide parallel or alternative data transmission models. does it reward mesh net node operators? i cant find anything about this sort of thing. From what i read it looks like a new layer that is going to be added to the top of existing infrastructure, if this is true it wouldn't be decentralizing the internet at all. decentralizing data storage maybe. but "the internet" can only be defined as the network of cables and satellites that connect computers. the internet is a collection of physical objects like routers and fiber optic cables and satellites, not data or information abstractions.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
mr_random

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:05:30 PM

I agree. It is clearly a problem when two sets of investors pay for the same asset, at the same time, at wildly different prices. People who invested with BTC have made an instant loss because of this. If the maidsafe team is honest they know that they would not have raised anywhere near that amount of money if it was clear on their website that the mastercoin crew got the majority of the coins much cheaper.

I hope that the maidsafe team will do the right thing here to prevent the reputation of the project being tarnished.

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:12:18 PM

How could Maidsafe make this right? Could they offer extra all the people that used bitcoin extra maidsafecoin?
mr_random

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:33:38 PM

How could Maidsafe make this right? Could they offer extra all the people that used bitcoin extra maidsafecoin?

Of course. I would call it giving bitcoin investors equal to what the mastercoin investors received. In a regulated market what happened with maidsafe would actually be illegal.

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:49:30 PM

Of course. I would call it giving bitcoin investors equal to what the mastercoin investors received. In a regulated market what happened with maidsafe would actually be illegal.

Yeah the more I am reading into this the more concerned I am.

This explains the instant price drop post-IPO, I had no idea the offering wasn't equal.

I hope Maidsafe does right by us.
KeyJockey

Activity: 538

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:12:15 PM

Reading this forum thread, and all the backgrounder info on what MaidSafe is planning to do, and with all the news lately about the controversy over Net Neutrality... I am wondering if MaidSafe's decentralized private Internet concepts are functionally a grass-roots, user-based and people-driven response to these big controlling corporation's attempts at taking things over via this stuff?

Is that the case, or maybe I totally misunderstand one or both of these things?  Is MaidSafe the evolving Internet's solution to the Net Neutrality controversy?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

If so, all the quibbling here, over who paid how many pennies more or less for their MSAFE coins, is gonna look pretty ridiculous in a couple years... when safecoins are trading for several dollars each  Wink

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
FrictionlessCoin

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 08:43:42 PM

can someone explain to me how this is supposed to decentralize the internet? does it provide incentives for entrepreneurs to provide parallel or alternative data transmission models. does it reward mesh net node operators? i cant find anything about this sort of thing. From what i read it looks like a new layer that is going to be added to the top of existing infrastructure, if this is true it wouldn't be decentralizing the internet at all. decentralizing data storage maybe. but "the internet" can only be defined as the network of cables and satellites that connect computers. the internet is a collection of physical objects like routers and fiber optic cables and satellites, not data or information abstractions.

At present operators who provide storage to the P2P network are rewarded.  I don't know why you did not read that in the whitepapers. 

There are two big problems with cloud storage operators:

(1) The possibility that the business is shut down (see case of megaupload)
(2) The lack of privacy.

Maidsafe decentralizes the storage of data and therefore of information.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
     ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██  
  █

.......Whitepaper.......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.