Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:33:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:47:16 PM

The author is not shown since May 6, damn shit,run away.

I don't want to call you a troll, but the links in the two posts above yours show the developers in discussion and designing Maidsafe.

But you don't read and just post FUD.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:49:39 PM

So lame the price keeps going to shit.  Im down alot but not much point selling now as then I'm just solidifying the loss.  Hopefully positive news about the network will come out soon otherwise I am going down with the ship.

Just wait until they are converted into a real crypto-coin (Safecoin)

Then they will be usable and listed on many exchanges.

Remember the Mastercoin exchange the Maidsafecoin is listed on is pretty bare bones basic and investors cannot withdraw their Maidsafecoin. Until it turns into a real coin the price will be terrible.
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:59:54 PM

So lame the price keeps going to shit.  Im down alot but not much point selling now as then I'm just solidifying the loss.  Hopefully positive news about the network will come out soon otherwise I am going down with the ship.
Yes someone have been dumping a lot and also put up walls 1.500.000 maidsafe coins.

Pretty stupid IMO, to buy and sell for a lose, even before the network been launched.

Either someone has lost faith in this project, or they bought their coins with mastercoins they've bought cheap. Anyway I'm going to hold until the network is launched, see the price rise and then cash out and buy my first own condo.  Cool
We'll see where we are in a year. Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:18:00 PM

It's difficult to realize profits when you buy in at a $100Mil+ Market Cap (at price below).  In my experience, big IPO Crypto's never have good returns.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=592362.0;topicseen
ejinte

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:13:32 PM

It's difficult to realize profits when you buy in at a $100Mil+ Market Cap (at price below).  In my experience, big IPO Crypto's never have good returns.

That dude is doing everything he can to have newcomers paying overprice. He's involved in the Mastercoin foundation in someway, since he is an Administrator on mastercointalk. Very bad in my opinion.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:33:37 PM

You two are conflicting each others points I think.

Msin is talking about an $100,000,000 IPO of MaidSafecoin that never happened and Ejinte is talking about a member of the community selling over-priced MaidSafecoin to people after IPO.

I'll address your posts below in turn.

It's difficult to realize profits when you buy in at a $100Mil+ Market Cap (at price below).  In my experience, big IPO Crypto's never have good returns.

The IPO was a "$3,000,000 to $6,000,000" IPO, not $100,000,000.

I'm not sure where your IPO figures are coming from, they are certainly incorrect!

The controversy with the IPO was the two entry points (Mastercoin and Bitcoin) having different price points.

It's difficult to realize profits when you buy in at a $100Mil+ Market Cap (at price below).  In my experience, big IPO Crypto's never have good returns.

That dude is doing everything he can to have newcomers paying overprice. He's involved in the Mastercoin foundation in someway, since he is an Administrator on mastercointalk. Very bad in my opinion.

Whilst he if offering a price far above "market" [1] his service allows you to receive your MaidSafecoins to your wallet.

The only exchange I believe still does not allow for withdrawel of MaidSafecoin, please correct me if I am wrong.

Under these facts, his service offers something the market currently does not.

[1] https://www.masterxchange.com/market.php?trade=500&currency=maid

EDIT: You can now withdraw from masterxchange
jeroenn13

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:54:46 PM

I am not involved in the Master Foundation.
Do not spread false information about this.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
msin
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:31:25 PM

Msin is talking about an $100,000,000 IPO of MaidSafecoin that never happened and Ejinte is talking about a member of the community selling over-priced MaidSafecoin to people after IPO.

Huh?  I never said the IPO was at $109Mil.  I clearly state in my post that Maidsafe was being sold at 17k - 1BTC (per the link provided), which assumes a $109Mil MARKETCAP, not IPO. 
maidsafe (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:58:17 AM

info
http://www.maidsafe.org/
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:08:33 AM

Huh?  I never said the IPO was at $109Mil.  I clearly state in my post that Maidsafe was being sold at 17k - 1BTC (per the link provided), which assumes a $109Mil MARKETCAP, not IPO.  

Sorry but the way I read your post reads it looks like you're implying that the Maidsafe IPO was at $100mil.

At $6,000,000, the "current" price of $100,000,000 means someone is getting 16 times returns.

How is that making sense with: "big IPO Crypto's never have good returns."

Is 16 times return really that bad?
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:19:34 PM

Huh?  I never said the IPO was at $109Mil.  I clearly state in my post that Maidsafe was being sold at 17k - 1BTC (per the link provided), which assumes a $109Mil MARKETCAP, not IPO.  

Sorry but the way I read your post reads it looks like you're implying that the Maidsafe IPO was at $100mil.

At $6,000,000, the "current" price of $100,000,000 means someone is getting 16 times returns.

The marketcap of $109m is clearly incorrect.     Yes, there is 90% of safecoin that still needs to be distributed,  but that is like saying that there remains 50% of BTC that still needs to be distributed.  The market cap of Bitcoin is calculated based on the current 12 million that is already been distributed and not the 21 million that will eventually be distributed.  In the same way,  the current market cap of safecoin is $6million, but eventually (in some distant future) it may be $60 million. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
msin
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:59:09 PM

The marketcap of $109m is clearly incorrect.     Yes, there is 90% of safecoin that still needs to be distributed,  but that is like saying that there remains 50% of BTC that still needs to be distributed.  The market cap of Bitcoin is calculated based on the current 12 million that is already been distributed and not the 21 million that will eventually be distributed.  In the same way,  the current market cap of safecoin is $6million, but eventually (in some distant future) it may be $60 million. 

I think it's reasonable to calculate based on 100% distribution.  I certainly am not going to calculate marketcap based on 10% fire sale by founders.  Regardless of specific #'s, I'm referring to potential returns for those that participated in the IPO and why the current price is below that mark.
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:19:03 PM

I think it's reasonable to calculate based on 100% distribution.  I certainly am not going to calculate marketcap based on 10% fire sale by founders.  Regardless of specific #'s, I'm referring to potential returns for those that participated in the IPO and why the current price is below that mark.

Coinmarketcap.com uses the amount of coin in circulation rather than the amount of coin that will eventually be in circulation.  So the current market cap of Maidsafe is $ 4,917,225 based on the amount of coins which were distributed during the IPO...which is 452,552,412 MAID coins.

So the amount of Safecoins that will exist when the Safe Network goes live will be roughly four and a half million - the same as above.  Demand for them will theoretically be a bit more than it is now and that will cause a bump in the price.  Not sure how much though...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:20:09 PM

No it is not correct to consider 100% distribution since that remaining is all 'farmed'.

Also, the current price is the average price that both MSC and BTC owners bought.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
littleblue

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:01:09 AM

Grin  haha,maidsafe is shit !
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:17:37 AM

Where are all the updates at relating to this project? I can't find any anywhere... Huh

MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:00:15 AM

Where are all the updates at relating to this project? I can't find any anywhere... Huh

You can find updates at the maidsafe Google group, safecointalk.com, and maidsafe.org
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:39:55 AM

lol at ipo-bagholders
kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:24:29 PM

Quote from: MemoryShock link=topic=579797.msg6856870#msg6856o0 date=1400689143

Coinmarketcap.com uses the amount of coin in circulation rather than the amount of coin that will eventually be in circulation.  So the current market cap of Maidsafe is $ 4,917,225 based on the amount of coins which were distributed during the IPO...which is 452,552,412 MAID coins.

So the amount of Safecoins that will exist when the Safe Network goes live will be roughly four and a half million - the same as above.  Demand for them will theoretically be a bit more than it is now and that will cause a bump in the price.  Not sure how much though...

I thought that MAID coins are going to be exchanged for safe coins at a 1:1 ratio. Shouldn't there be an equal amount of safecoins as MSAFE when the network goes live? The strange thing is how there was so much demand for MSAFE when their IPO started, but as soon as the coins could be traded, the mastercoin investors have been dumping. It looks like most of the interest in their project was from people looking for a quick profit. Demand for safecoins might even be lower, especially if safecoin doesn't live up to the expectations from the whitepaper.

hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:57:52 PM

Quote from: MemoryShock link=topic=579797.msg6856870#msg6856o0 date=1400689143

I thought that MAID coins are going to be exchanged for safe coins at a 1:1 ratio. Shouldn't there be an equal amount of safecoins as MSAFE when the network goes live? The strange thing is how there was so much demand for MSAFE when their IPO started, but as soon as the coins could be traded, the mastercoin investors have been dumping. It looks like most of the interest in their project was from people looking for a quick profit. Demand for safecoins might even be lower, especially if safecoin doesn't live up to the expectations from the whitepaper.
The MaidSafe team failed to keep touch with the investors. It seems that they  leaved us after the IPO.

This is nonsense, they don't post here because they have their own forums and given the level of the comments here I certainly don't blame them.

And I predict the exact opposite. If you look at where the world is heading and the increase in encrypted internet traffic since the nsa scandal broke and the popularity of all these "anonymous" coins, I expect the value of Safecoins to skyrocket in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: