Bitcoin Forum
November 24, 2017, 01:34:03 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 534494 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:22:31 AM

I still have 23,800 maidsafe coins.

The actual amount doesn't matter my friend, only the percentage of issuance matters.

Would you still be fine having 23,800 MaidSafecoins if the IPO gave so much more to Mastercoin holders that instead of owning 0.0001% of the IPO you owned 0.00005% of the IPO?

When Safecoin eventually has a market cap of $100,000,000 you will be half as rich as you could have been.

When talking about IPO, you're reference to having a number of MaidSafecoins without regarding your dilution shows you are confusing the matter.

Get out a calculator and project different market caps onto Safecoin, you'll soon find yourself very poor.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrictionlessCoin

Activity: 770

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 11:32:38 AM

The actual amount doesn't matter my friend, only the percentage of issuance matters.

Would you still be fine having 23,800 MaidSafecoins if the IPO gave so much more to Mastercoin holders that instead of owning 0.0001% of the IPO you owned 0.00005% of the IPO?

When Safecoin eventually has a market cap of $100,000,000 you will be half as rich as you could have been.

When talking about IPO, you're reference to having a number of MaidSafecoins without regarding your dilution shows you are confusing the matter.

Get out a calculator and project different market caps onto Safecoin, you'll soon find yourself very poor.

The calculation of $100m marketcap is equivalent to saying that BTC should have a marketcap double what it is today.   BTC mining is just a distribution method,  just the same with Maidsafecoin farming.  The only difference is the implementation,  BTC is some arbitrary cap number and Maidsafe is actually capped because you can't have more coins than the maximum for a 32 bit number.

So the current float is indeed 7 million while the BTC float is 5.6 billion.  Mining and Farming are just different coin distribution methods.  All mining and farming does is it controls the release of coins based on the resource consumption of the miner/farmer.  The coins are already there, you just can't trade them!

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
 ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
  █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██  
  █

.......Whitepaper.......
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
biggzi

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:47:57 AM

Thanks drawingthesun this is a good point. But I totally understand this. But this is not what I was getting at. I am taking the value of Maid out of the equation. I was given what I was promised. I could have invested using MSC if I wanted but I chose not too. How can I moan about not getting the value that MSC investors got when I was given just as much information and opportunity to invest using MSC as everyone else. I am simply getting at the fact that Maidsafe delivered on what I was promised so how can I complain? If I wasn't happy I could have easily got in with the MSC crowed or not invested at all.

What I am trying to get at is Maidsafe were very open about their IPO strategy from the start. If I missed out then its my own fault for not doing my research and missing out on an opportunity that others have capitalized on. Its like running a marathon and the organisers telling me before the race I could start at the half way point, I still choose to start at the original starting point and then complain after the race cus others got a head start. Sometimes in life you miss out on opportunities and sometimes in life others get a slight advantage but in the case of this IPO everyone had the same opportunities and advantages its just that some were sleeping or day dreaming at the time.

I hope this makes my reasoning or "apathy" a bit clearer.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1169

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:57:00 PM

Yes if a drunk driver slams his porche into the side of your parked vehicle and you are badly injured, whats the point of seeking compensation for your loss? It's in the past right? It's already happened? What kind of moron are we dealing with here.

People have been ripped off, they have a right to voice their opinions, concerns and disapproval.
Sanity my ass. If something is wrong it is our duty to try make it right. You ever hear the expression "if you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem"?

If you are standing in the middle of a freeway of drunks, you know they're drunks, and you know they are all driving 100 mph and you get hit?  Right, that IS your problem.

People have not been ripped off.  In fact, this IPO has been more generous than advertised.  Everyone was made fully aware of the option to purchase with Mastercoin, this was not hidden.  I myself purchased only with BTC and am grateful for the opportunity to have done so.  Because I had absolutely nothing to do with the development of maidsafe, yet I (along with everyone here) was given the opportunity to buy in at the ground level of what could be a game-changing company.

If you know of someone who did not receive the maidsafecoin they were promised in return for their BTC or Mastercoin, then post the details.  Otherwise stop feeding people's greed and sense of entitlement.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1169

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:04:04 PM

Apathy is one of the key elements that has lead to the disgraceful state of this community.
We could make coin launches fair and IPO's safe for investors.
We could demand the operator of bitcointalk implement community agreed-upon rules and regulations for coin launches.
We could prevent 100% of all fraudulent scamcoins like stackcoin and edgecoin.

I realize you're relatively new to bitcoin (at least if your sign-up date on the forum is a gauge) so you may come to cryptocurrency for different reasons, but I don't think many early bitcoin adopters are here because we want more 'community-organized safety' in our lives.

We're not here because we want other people looking out for us.  We're here because there is a palpable lack of freedom in our world.
kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:39:28 PM

If anything, the BTC buyers should have received a better rate of msafe than the msc buyers.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:04:11 PM

If anything, the BTC buyers should have received a better rate of msafe than the msc buyers.

The core Maidsafe team don't care at all, none of the developers have been on here recently to respond to the fraud that was the IPO.

If they just paid an extra 23,000 MaidSafecoin per bitcoin right now then the community could move on from this disaster.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:50:37 AM

What was the IPO price for BTC and MSC (including whatever bonus)?

Why was the IPO done on Mastercoin? Was there any advantage?

That looks very bad. Does the prices take into account the bonuses.

Still would want to know it was done on Mastercoin if you can buy with BTC? I want to know the official reason.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

kooke

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:51:21 AM

Basically they needed funds to set up their safecoin network so they made this IPO. Now the mastercoins they received are pretty useless as they can't make much selling them due to no market depth and they can't use them to buy equipment directly. But the BTC on the other hand is what they're using right now to set up safecoin. The issue is that they're using the BTC investor funds and not the msc to set up safecoin, but they've given those investors the least bang for their buck.

Why do you think maidsafe stopped accepting msc during their IPO? They told everyone that it was to give BTC investors an opportunity to buy, but the most obvious reason is that they needed BTC much more than mastercoin. MSC can't pay for the servers they say they need.

I'm starting to doubt the legitimacy of a big portion of the MSC investors too. If they were able to purchase a huge amount of msafe to 'save' some for the btc investors, who's to say that they didn't purchase a huge portion in small chunks as well? After all, the investments are going back into their pockets.

I wonder if there would be grounds for a lawsuit by BTC investors if safecoin does actually take off in the future?

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:09:12 AM

Basically they needed funds to set up their safecoin network so they made this IPO. Now the mastercoins they received are pretty useless as they can't make much selling them due to no market depth and they can't use them to buy equipment directly. But the BTC on the other hand is what they're using right now to set up safecoin. The issue is that they're using the BTC investor funds and not the msc to set up safecoin, but they've given those investors the least bang for their buck.

Why do you think maidsafe stopped accepting msc during their IPO? They told everyone that it was to give BTC investors an opportunity to buy, but the most obvious reason is that they needed BTC much more than mastercoin. MSC can't pay for the servers they say they need.

I'm starting to doubt the legitimacy of a big portion of the MSC investors too. If they were able to purchase a huge amount of msafe to 'save' some for the btc investors, who's to say that they didn't purchase a huge portion in small chunks as well? After all, the investments are going back into their pockets.

I wonder if there would be grounds for a lawsuit by BTC investors if safecoin does actually take off in the future?

Please support this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/maidsafe-development/l8K8cX6JAeE

They need to know what they did is wrong and they can make it might in several hours if they wanted to.
jibble

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:32:22 AM

Rofl have you actually read what you are saying?

1. There is zero grounds for any kind of lawsuit.

2. If maidsafe takes off in future? so if maidsafe takes off and grows massively in value you think you could sue them for a refund of bitcoin? you mean after the maidsafe coins you own are worth much more than the bitcoin you invested you scream fraud and try to sue?

kooke

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:04:15 AM

Rofl have you actually read what you are saying?

1. There is zero grounds for any kind of lawsuit.

2. If maidsafe takes off in future? so if maidsafe takes off and grows massively in value you think you could sue them for a refund of bitcoin? you mean after the maidsafe coins you own are worth much more than the bitcoin you invested you scream fraud and try to sue?

I guess the grounds would be that BTC investors were cheated out of potential profits. Didn't those winklevoss twins sue for something like that? Either way the other stuff I wrote still stands, and maidsafe devs are definitely shady and untrustworthy in my opinion.

syntek

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:10:05 AM

IPO although very hot, but the price is disappointing.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:03:07 AM

Please support this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/maidsafe-development/l8K8cX6JAeE

They need to know what they did is wrong and they can make it might in several hours if they wanted to.

If you check the thread you will see a Mastercoin day trader making the claim all is fair even though he admits he still got in early and managed to get MaidSafecoin cheaper than the Bitcoin backers.

The other guy is a 'Bitcoin' backer but he has stockholm syndrome and doesn't mind being taken advantage of by Maidsafe.

Oh, and he thinks I am alone in my opinions. He really thinks the majority opinion is that the IPO situation is fair.

Does anyone else who invested Bitcoin want to pop in that thread and explain the situation because these followers just don't get it?

Please back me up, many of the Maidsafe core team read that google group moreso than this forum.
greatway

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:07:50 AM

wow, it seems the mastercoin people got a good price!!!!

Sharecoin. SeRYuSuGVsCWB3oXG5RzJxZzJwaiYXaJzc
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:12:35 AM

wow, it seems the mastercoin people got a good price!!!!

A very very good price, but the real riches were those who held Mastercoin before the terms were announced, allowing Mastercoin long term holders to cash out and into Bitcoin.

Those who bought in had to do so quick, because it pushed the Mastercoin price up fast. People who researched could only take advantage of the price difference very quickly.

This wasn't a situation newcomers could take advantage of (buy Mastercoin to invest in the IPO), only long term Mastercoin holders made the most money from this.

What's more, MaidSafecoin hold so much Mastercoin they can barely sell it off as it would crash the fragile Mastercoin price.

So only Bitcoin from the IPO is being used for financing making it even more odd why they allowed the Mastercoins to be included at all.

It's likely very little of that Mastercoin will be used and all value was in the Bitcoin raised, and the Bitcoin backers were shafted essentially.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 1246

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:26:38 AM

So when r we supposed to see the safenet ? any timeframe ?

FrictionlessCoin

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 11:43:13 AM

+1

All this talk about the BTC investors vs MSC investors is just a distraction.

Prior to the opening of the IPO, the rules were pretty clear.  MSC folks would get a discount.

Now as a BTC investor, you know this before you even invest a single satoshi.

By analogy, when a stock is IPO at $20 and you know that insiders got the stock for $10.   

Anyway,  I would ignore all this whining and focus more on the future direction of maidsafecoin.

P.S.  I invested using BTC.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
     ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██  
  █

.......Whitepaper.......
biggzi

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:48:43 AM

+1

I'm sure everyone would like to see some kind of update from Maidsafe now as to the future of the project and a timeline.

@Maidsafe team. Come on guys! You now have a nice healthy bank balance ready to give your project a massive boost... don't forget where all that money came from. Their are many forum members vested in your project and we want to see some kind of developments.  Even just small updates. Anything's better then nothing.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
FrictionlessCoin

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 11:58:33 AM

+1

I'm sure everyone would like to see some kind of update from Maidsafe now as to the future of the project and a timeline.

@Maidsafe team. Come on guys! You now have a nice healthy bank balance ready to give your project a massive boost... don't forget where all that money came from. Their are many forum members vested in your project and we want to see some kind of developments.  Even just small updates. Anything's better then nothing.

You'll need to find out about developments at the Google groups.  Not here.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
     ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██  
  █

.......Whitepaper.......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.