Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:44:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583018 times)
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:40:24 AM

KRAM whole network has more than 10G preferably attractive Grin

The more value we add to Karma through Karmashares the more our network hash rate will rise, as coins dry up from the exchanges.

We are unfolding a plan now to make each of our 92 billion coins the most desirable coins to hold. It won't happen overnight, but we're putting the pieces in place now.

Slow and steady is much better than an unpredictable market roller coaster ride like most other coins. Cryptocurrency is a relatively new market so people are less apt to employ logic and be more guided by emotions. Our plans counter some of irrational behaviour of actors in the market.

We are building a composite of various time-tested things (legal entity, logical and fair operating agreement, understandable framework, variety of projects that support and add value to Karma, possibility of buyouts and investment by VC firms and companies like Google, profit-sharing, etc) to make Karma a very reasonable investment for both professionals and non-professionals, and thus a more desirable and popular currency for everyone else.

There's no reason that a partner at Union Square ventures can't consider heading a $5 million round in Karmashares because we're a legal entity that can sign contracts and our search engine is showing some traction and Karmashares is basically a startup incubator that has 100% ownership of projects (likely to be a very appealing concept to them). And how would they invest? By purchasing $5 million worth of Karma, of course. (They'd probably come up with a more structured proposal, or maybe even buying all 8 billion of Karmashares coins for that much, but you get the idea.)

There's no reason that a soccer mom living in Ohio can't "invest" for their kids by buying some Karma, or their kids can't just spend $5 and buy some themselves. (Now multiply this by 50,000 or even 500,000 people around the world.) When we are seen as a relatively safe and reasonable "investment" compared with the ups and downs of the only other coin they know, Bitcoin, and the fact that we're doing lots of wonderful things, you'll see coins dry up as people buy and hold Karma.

And of course we want to have enough coins to keep our economy healthy and coins flowing.

With all of these factors are discovered in the marketplace our network hash will rise up right along with the coin price.  1 GH/s should be a rounding error at that time.

Let those who have eyes see. This is a start of something great (**singing)

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
easteagle13

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:48:31 AM

I can understand that pos need reflexion.
Or i can understand to stay away from pos.

But if you do it, please limit the max number of the coin, 92 B is really to much.

Somme maths:

Price per coin :

1$  =  total market cap 92 000 000 000 $ impossible the bitcoin actually have 5 000 000 000$ in 6 years or so.   0.0031 btc per coin

0.10$ = total market cap 9 200 000 000$ it still enormous i think and not possible.  0.00031 btc per coin

0.01$ = total market cap 900 000 000 $ here its really hard but possible still really hard its 3 times the market of litecoin. 0.000031 btc per coin

0.001 = total market cap 90 000 000$ i will be really happy if we go here its nice and i think it can be done. 0.0000031 btc per coin

0.0001 = total market cap 9 000 000$ i hope we will go here in few weeks months 0.00000031 btc per coin

0.00001 = total market cap 900 000$ next move we will be here in really few time 0.000000031 btc per coin.

As you see 1 $ it impossible , 0.10$ is nearly impossible , 0.01 is possible but hard.

92 B of coins is to much, this one of the major reason the price of doge doesnt move any more and is falling a little by little each day.

60B to 65B can be nice but more is to much.

Its only my opinion.

What do everybody think about it ?

It's a fair observation, but I'm afraid you are looking at the wrong view, after the projects of our core team goes into action 92B will be near RARE.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
easteagle13

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:53:18 AM

Could be interesting to watch how SAT fares in their PoS transition. I believe no coin has made that switch yet from a completely PoW to a PoS coin (they're also cutting their coin sully from 15M to 7.7M)? Certainly not a trivial thing to do. Even several PoW/PoS hybrid coins had serious issues in the last weeks and all they had to do was clone BC sourcecode (apparently some didn't and would up making stupid coding errors).

DMD is a PoW/PoS hybrid that got a huge boost out of the recently announced changes to their coin.
SAT profited from the PoS announcements alone (they were at 1-2 sat before first PoS rumors hit, taking them to a high of 15 sat and now hovering at around 5 sat with occasional dips/spikes).
ECC on the other hand didn't profit from the (always planned) switch at all so far, their market situation actually reminds me of the last weeks of the KARM/BTC market on Mintpal. HUGE sell walls that create a downward spiral for ECC value.

I am pretty certain that a move to PoS would move Karma's price up temporarily, maybe another short 3-4x increase followed by a decline back to 1.5x today's level. Long term I believe it will have absolutely zero effect. What kosmost and the team are creating for Karma is 100x more important for the future value of the coin. The major PoS benefit (long-term) might be network protection from incoming Scrypt ASICs. Then again an algo-change would have the same effect. No idea if that'd be any easier to implement though. I kinda understand why the team hesitates to come to a final decision.

In about 47 days or so our rewards will drop to 35,000 per block. In your opinion, do you think it's enough for scrypt ASICs to point to Karma? They do need as much profit as possible to pay for their new rigs, right? What are some other profitable coins they would prefer over Karma, do you think?
Hard to predict, it depends on so many factors. What will Karma's value be in a month, what will difficulty and net hashrate be? If things stay about the same as they are today, then Karma is IMO in real danger from ASICs. As many smaller scrypt coins will be.

I warned about this before, one or two of these 2nd gen ASICs will be enough to take control over any smaller coin network. There will be a period where a few early adopters, who spent lots of money on these rigs, will weild an enormous amount of power. We will see 51% attacks, we will see double spending attacks, we will see all kinds of stuff. Karma might get lucky and go through this transition untouched. But I do not like depending on luck. Do you?

I have also once asked this point. Because of the reality of "INDUSTRIAL MINERS" Karma is not immune to such possibility especially when we are planning so much growth, maybe when we stay 40 LITOSHIs per Karma, few people may consider industrial mining our coin. But we plan to raise this price don't we. Well I think the TeamKarma is ready, they are just studying all angles. We haven't depended on luck yet.

spitfire1337

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:42:32 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 11:55:15 AM by spitfire1337

do me a test. remove the current config file and make one with "port=" of oyur choosing. re run the wallet and tell me if you can not connect to others make sure you remove any nodes from config file and remove the old peer.dat file

then leave the same "new " port but reintroduce the addnodes.  

tell me how is it possible you connected to the same people with different port Tongue

please go to your client click on Help/Debug Window then click on the console tab..

then type in the getpeerinfo into the command box and hit enter..

now look at all your peers for the field "addr"

I am willing to wager 500,000 karma you will see quite clearly that each node is connected using port 9432

if you can change that port number, connect to peers on the Karma coin network with it and then prove it in a verifiable way how you did it.. then the 500,000 Karma is yours.

port 9432 is the port being used by the client it is the only port that matters when talking to peers...

whatever port settings you may or may not have incorrectly set are irrelevant.

PS you can also set the port number by using the "-port=nnnn" command line argument.

and before you decide to get more cheeky and write another post about how wrong I am.. I'll give you a little hint... look closely at the addnode commands you are entering into your config file.

Hmmmm, used getpeerinfo and in the json response under addr for the peers I have many different ports shown... There is a bunch using 9432, but there is also a bunch with random ports.

Image:

PS: I just changed my port in karma.conf, at first boot had no connections. Closed it and added a single addnode
addnode=altcoin.dk:9432
Got 1 connection right of the bat, and now have 6 after a few minutes. Re-opened karma.conf and deleted my addnode and reloaded the wallet, and started getting connections.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:48:01 AM

状态: 0/未确认通过 5 个节点广播
日期: 2014/5/8 星期四 19:04
支出: 0.00 YC
净额: -5256.75 YC
交易ID: e9b025f70c399358ca44479841445483311e0c271c66462756b761ce966dc840

Generated coins must mature 50 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.
POS often appear such problem. Seriously consider
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 12:33:28 PM

I would like to solo-mine Karma. Can anyone help with settings (links or tutorial)? I am using cgminer 3.7.2

I run a small 1.4 mhs mining rig. I would suggest you have at least 1.0 mhs of power.
Follow this post exactly and you'll be mining solo easy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521563.0

Make sure your wallet is the most current v 0.8.6.2.5 and fully synched.
Don't get fancy with settings, Just let the cards do their thing , after starting all stock and just playing with intensity
the only settings i use are -I 12 -g 2. Your card will determine thread concurrency it likes as well as engine and memory.

Running two threads at lower intensity is more efficient and your cards will run cooler.
I do have auto fan on one card that runs the monitor as it tends to run a little hotter than the others.
Also getting crazy with clock speeds, driving the cards hard  and such I think causes more rejected blocks.

When you know its mining the log of cgminer will say:
"Network Diff set to 5" (or whatever diff is at the time)
and next line will say
" New block detected on network". this does NOT mean you found a block but simply that the wallet
(which you're mining through) has recognized one. They release on Karma network about every minute.

When your miner "finds" and solves a block your "A:" in cgminer will show accepted work, when you get an orphan it will hit your "R:"
for Rejected work. On pools this is work on shared blocks the pools power has found. Solo mining this is all your work on a block your miner found.

Some days my miner will find several blocks.
Yesterday all it got was several rejects (orphans) but when you find and solve one....its all yours!
Sorry for long post but this is all things I had questions on and wish I had found all in one place.

Good Luck!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:07:18 PM

Karmashares did it`s job. It is time for POS on 51-52 bill and push for BTC market. We voted for it and I think we should do it, if possible. No need for waiting anymore. Different signals to the markets are no good in long and mid term.
Delaforetnoire

Activity: 429

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:11:20 PM

Karmashares did it`s job. It is time for POS on 51-52 bill and push for BTC market. We voted for it and I think we should do it, if possible. No need for waiting anymore. Different signals to the markets are no good in long and mid term.

Are you joking ? Karmashares just started its engine two weeks ago, it has almost no ''power'' for now, all is coming in few future weeks with the 3 IPOCO websites projets (Lill, Wespond, Hireplex). Once they will be open, Karma will start to be very HOT and attractive !

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:34:33 PM

Are you joking ? Karmashares just started its engine two weeks ago, it has almost no ''power'' for now, all is coming in few future weeks with the 3 IPOCO websites projets (Lill, Wespond, Hireplex). Once they will be open, Karma will start to be very HOT and attractive !

No, I am not. We are talking about short and mid term, not long term real value. No one will invest 6000-7000 fiat to push Karma if POS question is not cleared out.

P.S. I just saw that in previous post I`ve written by mistake long and mid term
crypto14

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:59:33 PM

No, I am not. We are talking about short and mid term, not long term real value. No one will invest 6000-7000 fiat to push Karma if POS question is not cleared out.

P.S. I just saw that in previous post I`ve written by mistake long and mid term

Let the POC raise Karma, the Coin, to the TOP! Cheesy

https://i.imgur.com/mJFs0xL.jpg
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 03:58:34 PM

Understood.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:16:02 PM

I'm having problems installing the new Linux Karma wallet.
Ubuntu 12.04.

xxxx@xxxx:~/Downloads# dpkg -i karma_0.8.6.2.5.deb
Selecting previously unselected package karma.
(Reading database ... 69913 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking karma (from karma_0.8.6.2.5.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of karma:
 karma depends on libqt5core5; however:
  Package libqt5core5 is not installed.
 karma depends on libqt5widgets5; however:
  Package libqt5widgets5 is not installed.
 karma depends on libqt5network5; however:
  Package libqt5network5 is not installed.
 karma depends on libboost-filesystem1.54-dev; however:
  Package libboost-filesystem1.54-dev is not installed.
 karma depends on libboost-system1.54-dev; however:
  Package libboost-system1.54-dev is not installed.
 karma depends on libboost-program-options1.54-dev; however:
  Package libboost-program-options1.54-dev is not installed.
 karma depends on libboost-thread1.54-dev; however:
  Package libboost-thread1.54-dev is not installed.
 karma depends on libboost-test1.54-dev; however:
  Package libboost-test1.54-dev is not installed.
 karma depends on libqt5gui5; however:
  Package libqt5gui5 is not installed.
 karma depends on libqrencode-dev; however:
  Package libqrencode-dev is not installed.
 karma depends on libpthread-stubs0-dev; however:
  Package libpthread-stubs0-dev is not installed.
dpkg: error processing karma (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
cryptowho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:37:25 PM

Oi!

Alphi is just posting what he believes and wants to correct me so i do not miss inform others. don't be ganging up on him! he is our karma brother! been with karma since the beginning. probably older then some of us

lets go.  karma hug! bring it in everyone!     

And for  huige007 : KRAM group hug !     

Tongue

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
easteagle13

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:42:59 PM

Oi!

Alphi is just posting what he believes and wants to correct me so i do not miss inform others. don't be ganging up on him! he is our karma brother! been with karma since the beginning. probably older then some of us

lets go.  karma hug! bring it in everyone!     

And for  huige007 : KRAM group hug !     

Tongue

Tongue hugs

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 05:07:47 PM

Ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks for the info. We'll look into this.

huige007

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:35:17 PM

Whole family embraced KRAM. Good choice for long term investment. Grin
easteagle13

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:56:32 PM

Whole family embraced KRAM. Good choice for long term investment. Grin

Ehhhh huige007 I think you have a misspelling in your signature, it should read "kramacoin" Tongue

huige007

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:04:39 PM

Thank you for reminding. Right away changed. Cheesy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 06:10:38 PM

Ubuntu 12.04.

question.. did you do the following?

$sudo apt-get update
$sudo dpkg -i karma_0.8.6.2.5.deb
$sudo apt-get -f install
$karma-qt

huige007

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:56:05 PM

Good news! The Lill beta is ready.

Am looking forward give I stay location. future advertising own sales site.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: