Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:46:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667060 times)
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:47:12 AM

Advice me please, what is coin more private? Monero or zcash? I don't know what is coin I need to buy at long time... and what is potential of coin better among these coins.

Bitcoin Private is zec but much better, decentralized and upgraded bitcoin core code. Lower inflation and 150 developers working on it. There really is no competition!

What a load of bollocks, if you're after the best bitcoin airdrop coin based on Z-cash that adds privacy features look at bitcoin hush BTCH, the komodo devs who created it were smart and airdropped just the utxo set, so their blockchain started off at 200mb rather than 200GB, plus it gets bitcoin level security via delayed PoW as a komodo assetchain, so it's super fast and tx fees are tiny.

If you're gonna shill Z-cash tech in moneroland have the decency to pick the best version.
Wow are you ever clueless, btch is a centralized scam lol absolutely garbage tech! Have you looked at the coding?

It’s gold for nerds
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
umatej

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:08:20 AM

Did you try to restart GUI & daemon? It may help... Sorry I don't use GUI (always prefer CLI) so can't help you in deep.

What is appear 100% clear: since you (and me) can't find your txId on the blockchain:
https://moneroblocks.info/search/0997e50717d9d023834e79defde9dbd70f34dbbea0b6211e43c1760ae33f3139
- your transaction doesn't exist in Mainnet.

What to do? Read this, it may help:
https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/4298/how-can-i-delete-the-last-x-blocks-from-my-local-copy-of-the-blockchain-and-retr
- typical number of blocks to pop out from your local copy of the blockchain is 1440 (mean 2 latest days).

I just downloaded full fresh blockchain data and the problem still persist. Coins were sent but not delivered..  Please help and i will pay some part of xmr for trouble

Couldn't generate a proof because of the following reason:
daemon returned wrong response for gettransactions, wrong txs count = 0, expected 1

umatej

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:07:10 AM

Folow up after complete sync. This time was really fully synced.. Smiley

I have my full complete balance now in wallet. As it looks like, xmr wasnt sent at the first place.. but the transaction was logged in history. Now after sync the problematic Tx disappeared.

Thanks a lot for all the help and info guys!!!!!  HODL
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:14:46 AM

Advice me please, what is coin more private? Monero or zcash? I don't know what is coin I need to buy at long time... and what is potential of coin better among these coins.

Bitcoin Private is zec but much better, decentralized and upgraded bitcoin core code. Lower inflation and 150 developers working on it. There really is no competition!

What a load of bollocks, if you're after the best bitcoin airdrop coin based on Z-cash that adds privacy features look at bitcoin hush BTCH, the komodo devs who created it were smart and airdropped just the utxo set, so their blockchain started off at 200mb rather than 200GB, plus it gets bitcoin level security via delayed PoW as a komodo assetchain, so it's super fast and tx fees are tiny.

If you're gonna shill Z-cash tech in moneroland have the decency to pick the best version.
Wow are you ever clueless, btch is a centralized scam lol absolutely garbage tech! Have you looked at the coding?

hahahahahahahaha you guys are hilarious with all your bitcoin clones. Some even with different technology so only cloning the name. hahahahahahahahahaha

OMG hahahahahahahahaha

If your project cant even stand under its own name and needs to pretend to be something different? I think that says it all really. hahahahahahahahahahaha

Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:07:48 AM

hahahahahahahaha you guys are hilarious with all your bitcoin clones. Some even with different technology so only cloning the name. hahahahahahahahahaha

OMG hahahahahahahahaha

If your project cant even stand under its own name and needs to pretend to be something different? I think that says it all really. hahahahahahahahahahaha

You're shaking in your knees!

It’s gold for nerds
florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:31:48 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

I just leave here a fragment from my full post that I recommend to read too (prelude: Bitcoin Private & Zcash both use "zk-snarks"-based privacy, while Monero uses CryptoNote-based privacy):
--
Bitcoin Private uses previously unknown to science, so called "zk-snarks" algorithm to hide payments on the blockchain. For decades there were no scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals that analyze, verify or proof this algorithm. Also "zk-snarks" need to rely on some kind of "initialization trust" - that's exactly because ZCash devs team (uses "zk-snarks" too) made a PR meeting "to fire off initial private keys". There were pictures, videos etc. from the meeting to show ZCash devs are honest.. Are they in fact?..

From the other hand, Monero relies on well-proven CryptoNote algorithm that is known to scientific society since year 2000, when first CriptoNote articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals come to the scene. Furthermore, Monero team goes up and created "Monero Research Lab" to study scientific aspects of Monero blockchain and its privacy. https://getmonero.org/resources/research-lab/
--
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg39490737#msg39490737

Just add a bit more: Monero is the only currency (from well known top market leaders) that supplies strong anonymity by default, to force end-users do the special steps to downgrade the anonymity level if they want - for example, a view-key feature is widely used by exchanges to deposit and to observe how the deposits flow over blockchain.

Zcash is NOT anonymous by default. It forces end-users to do the special steps to UPgrade the anonymity level. Furthermore, there are many articles and discussions show, that transfers between non-anonymous and anonymous ZCash addresses can destroy the anonymity at all.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/zcash-anonymity-protocol-vulnerability-exposed-what-to-know-now/

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:54:20 AM

OMG hahahahahahahahaha

Don't worry I will stop laughing sometime and then it will stop
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:37:31 PM

OMG hahahahahahahahaha

McAfee go home ! You're drunk! 

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
Melody Jelly

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:47:20 PM

Hey guys! What do you think about Q3-Q4 2018 price potential?
Will Monero stand it's ground against Annonymitiy-Newcomers like Verge and Zcash etc?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:59:39 PM

I just leave here a fragment from my full post that I recommend to read too (prelude: Bitcoin Private & Zcash both use "zk-snarks"-based privacy, while Monero uses CryptoNote-based privacy):
--
Bitcoin Private uses previously unknown to science, so called "zk-snarks" algorithm to hide payments on the blockchain. For decades there were no scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals that analyze, verify or proof this algorithm. Also "zk-snarks" need to rely on some kind of "initialization trust" - that's exactly because ZCash devs team (uses "zk-snarks" too) made a PR meeting "to fire off initial private keys". There were pictures, videos etc. from the meeting to show ZCash devs are honest.. Are they in fact?..

From the other hand, Monero relies on well-proven CryptoNote algorithm that is known to scientific society since year 2000, when first CriptoNote articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals come to the scene. Furthermore, Monero team goes up and created "Monero Research Lab" to study scientific aspects of Monero blockchain and its privacy. https://getmonero.org/resources/research-lab/
--
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg39490737#msg39490737

Just add a bit more: Monero is the only currency (from well known top market leaders) that supplies strong anonymity by default, to force end-users do the special steps to downgrade the anonymity level if they want - for example, a view-key feature is widely used by exchanges to deposit and to observe how the deposits flow over blockchain.

Zcash is NOT anonymous by default. It forces end-users to do the special steps to UPgrade the anonymity level. Furthermore, there are many articles and discussions show, that transfers between non-anonymous and anonymous ZCash addresses can destroy the anonymity at all.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/zcash-anonymity-protocol-vulnerability-exposed-what-to-know-now/

Very nice post, but I think you glossed over the fact that ZK-Snarks is trusted setup a little to quickly without explaining why that is so important. You should highlight that fact more as it is the crux of the failure point for all zk-snarks projects and if a illusionist can make an elephant disappear then any trusted setup can be faked. Peter todd has some good comments on this even thought he participated in the initial setup.

If they want to impress us here they they better have ZK-Starks running. Zk-Snarks will never be trustworthy and Zook even tweated he could make transactions transparent and apparently one of the Z-classic devs claimed he had a 0-day to attack the chain and stole a armored carrier the other day. Lol

I'm not sure he is too stable.

https://coinmarketnewstoday.com/2018/06/zclassic-co-founder-steals-us-army-tank-after-series-of-odd-tweets/

Will Monero stand it's ground against Annonymitiy-Newcomers like Verge and Zcash etc?

Verge is already dead (and never was private to begin with) and Zcash is a trusted setup so Monero has already beaten both of them before they even started,

McAfee go home ! You're drunk! 

He's regretting his eating his dick comment... Lol

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:08:49 PM

About XVG is already possible to forget. Now it is used only as a tool for manipulating pump/dump on exchanges.
Zcash requires further development and "real" anonymity.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:17:24 PM

OMG hahahahahahahahaha

BTCH is a Komodo assetchain, not a bitcoin clone, developed by the same devs the Chinese government ranked as creating the second most innovative crypto tech, and the 5th best crypto overall. Don't be fooled by the name, BTCH wasn't marketed at all, it was more an experiment to test Komodo assetchains (which are basically a much more secure  and scalable version of erc20), and merging 3 separate crypto utxo sets into one 200mb genesis snapshot for the BTCH assetchain gives all bitcoin holders some tokens to experiment with atomic swaps on the Komodo BarterDEX exchange. It's really innovative tech, not just a bitcoin Airdrop clone.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:22:16 PM

OMG hahahahahahahahaha

BTCH is a Komodo assetchain, not a bitcoin clone, developed by the same devs the Chinese government ranked as creating the second most innovative crypto tech, and the 5th best crypto overall. Don't be fooled by the name, BTCH wasn't marketed at all, it was more an experiment to test Komodo assetchains (which are basically a much more secure version of erc20), and merging 3 separate crypto utxo sets into one 200mb genesis snapshot for the BTCH assetchain gives all bitcoin holders some tokens to experiment with atomic swaps on the Komodo BarterDEX exchange. It's really innovative tech, not just a bitcoin Airdrop clone.

That sounds somewhat interesting to bad with starting off with the trolling as opposed to the post you just made you have alienated us to the point where we don't care about your shitcoin and will not make the effort to find out if its worth anything or not. If you had started with this comment before the trolls showed up I and I'm sure others would have went over and read your whitepaper.

But needing an exchange for atomic swaps are so yesterday now that lightning is working.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Big Naturals

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:37:27 PM

BTCH is a Komodo assetchain, not a bitcoin clone, developed by the same devs the Chinese government ranked as creating the second most innovative crypto tech, and the 5th best crypto overall. Don't be fooled by the name, BTCH wasn't marketed at all, it was more an experiment to test Komodo assetchains (which are basically a much more secure version of erc20), and merging 3 separate crypto utxo sets into one 200mb genesis snapshot for the BTCH assetchain gives all bitcoin holders some tokens to experiment with atomic swaps on the Komodo BarterDEX exchange. It's really innovative tech, not just a bitcoin Airdrop clone.

That sounds somewhat interesting to bad with starting off with the trolling as opposed to the post you just made you have alienated us to the point where we don't care about your shitcoin and will not make the effort to find out if its worth anything or not. If you had started with this comment before the trolls showed up I and I'm sure others would have went over and read your whitepaper.

But needing an exchange for atomic swaps are so yesterday now that lightning is working.

I'll quote you here and let's see what happens with BarterDEX and Komodo, anyone who is stupid enough to not investigate tech based on what you said above is a fool, and deserves to be left behind. You obviously know nothing about Komodo tech, but I will remind you later that you had the chance. The smart play in crypto is to research all the good projects with an open mind, and find the good ones early. Your comment above shows you don't know anything about BarterDEX tech, and the way you refer to 'alienated us' indicates you see monero as some sort of tribe or religion ... how weird, I guess as I own a bag of monero i'm an 'us' too, just one with an open mind who bothers to still research.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:16:07 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 02:27:29 PM by Hueristic

I'll quote you here and let's see what happens with BarterDEX and Komodo, anyone who is stupid enough to not investigate tech based on what you said above is a fool, and deserves to be left behind. You obviously know nothing about Komodo tech, but I will remind you later that you had the chance. The smart play in crypto is to research all the good projects with an open mind, and find the good ones early. Your comment above shows you don't know anything about BarterDEX tech, and the way you refer to 'alienated us' indicates you see monero as some sort of tribe or religion ... how weird, I guess as I own a bag of monero i'm an 'us' too, just one with an open mind who bothers to still research.

Sorry I wasn't specific, I was referring to the bitcoin private crew, I wouldn't spend a second looking at that shit. Yes DEX is the future I agree but if it can be done without needing to run the exchange software then it too will be moot. So they have to compete with lightning and my money is on the lightning team. Komodo is old news here.

Nice try on the spin though, i'm sorry if my quip hurt your feelings.

All shills can fuck off and I think can speak for the tribe on that. But comparisons conversation are welcome.

ADDED: My bad I though I was in the speculation thread and had this new Asset Bitcojn hush confused with the Bitcoin private crew that has been trolling.

SO in that vein why don't you explain to me why your ASSET is superior to Monero other than it can be exchanged decentrally. You do realize atomic swaps are also in research for Monero and IIRC it will be a conversion from when lightning is done.

Big Naturals

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:37:05 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 02:50:26 PM by Big Naturals

Sorry I wasn't specific, I was referring to the bitcoin private crew, I wouldn't spend a second looking at that shit. Yes DEX is the future I agree but if it can be done without needing to run the exchange software then it too will be moot. So they have to compete with lightning and my money is on the lightning team.

Nice try on the spin though, i'm sorry if my quip hurt your feelings.

All shills can fuck off and I can speak for the tribe on that.

BarterDEX will never require kyc, and that alone will make it useful for some over lightning alternatives, plus all the obvious benefits of always controlling your private keys. The downside so far has been designing an interface that's intuitive for people used to traditional exchanges, the big complaint is BarterDEX is not easy to use.

I think you can only speak for yourself bro, one man's shill can sometimes be anothers messenger, the tribe hasn't voted.

Edit, also, this is monero related insofar as the Komodo devs have said they are investigating adding XMR to BarterDEX, and after they added ETH and erc20 tokens recently, i don't doubt they will find a way if it's possible, which would provide XMR traders a secure kyc free option which these days is becoming increasingly rare. As long as nobody bans atomic swap tech BarterDEX will always be legal , it's just a piece of software like a torrent program.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:57:33 PM

Once btcp rebase is complete there will be a new top ten! Step aside xmr there’s a new cock in the barn!!!!!!!!!!
Why did you mention about Bitcoin Private here?
I don't see correlations between Monero and Bitcoin Private.
Could you explain about your implication in your thread, please.

looks like McAfee sockpuppets(btcp shills) have threadbombed the fuck out of this place?  :-D   lulz

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:13:30 PM

Once btcp rebase is complete there will be a new top ten! Step aside xmr there’s a new cock in the barn!!!!!!!!!!
Why did you mention about x shitcoin here?

More funny is that two different people come in this thread and shill their coin and argue among them selves why one bitcoin clone is better coin with untraceable ledger then the other.  
ag_vik

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:27:04 PM

Monero is still at low price, fill your bags before it reaches it's all time high. Privacy coin is the next big thing and so many coins are coming trying to beat the monero but no one is near to it. I am very bullish on monero.
raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:44:24 PM

Right now seems like a great time to load up on more Monero  Wink

Yup... monero is a strong hold, I dont get people fudding it.
IMO no coin has a more solid use case like Monero does
All that other private coins are pure shit IMHO 
Pages: « 1 ... 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: