Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:34:26 PM

in fact devs have returned 250 btc to moolah until problems are resolved

they just tweeted.

Oh man. Fet the fuck out with your FUD. Look at Mintpal buywalls.... 250 BTC are there... Roll Eyes Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThousandFaces

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:35:15 PM

Bittrex disabled wallet, sell!
Probably something is wrong.
I am just warning.

Read the update from the devs. They said they would be updating things... Dummy
flipboxx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:36:12 PM

is there a problem with mac wallet, won't open at all for me?

I had - re-download the wallet by using Google Chrome, then it will open perfectly. (Issue with Megaupload...Devs don't learn that Safari seems to have problems with Megaupload)

That's a Safari issue, not a dev issue.

It's known by devs and they still upload there.  However, they could at least tell people to use google chrome for this.
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:36:15 PM

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

Nice. But that was an appropriation of an older quote by Baron Rothschild "Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."

I doubt the baron ever gets cut... I bet they are behind this whole movement. . If not theyvare buying miners afer all its they're money

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:37:52 PM

Small voice in a little crowd, but whatever:

Litecoin wolf-criers: a rudimentary comparison between the litecoin codebase and the syscoin codebase shows that the syscoin codebase has 40% more code in it.  What's that mean? It means they added an absolute MOUNTAIN of code to Litecoin. Looking through the code itself, they modified it quite a lot as well. What's that mean? It means they worked their damn asses off.

And what happens when you make the earth shattering additions and create so much innovation within the code? Well, on the small scale under controlled circumstances it probably worked fine. They probably worked every last bug out they could possibly find over the last week. They are perfectionists.

But the mining world is far from perfect, and when you add colossal attention, mining force, private builds, etc. Basically the coin gets smacked with thousands of unpredictable scenarios and if it doesn't have every failsafe perfectly in place to mitigate every issue. With a codebase as big as this, that is an extraordinarily difficult thing to do - something major companies with millions or even billions of dollars can't do.

Remember, the codebase is basically just a colossal weave of logic. That weave of logic actually behaves differently depending on what system its running on, or what compiler (the program that converts the code into an application) compiles it.

What everyone needs to understand here is that the codebase is half the size of the entire King James Bible, and bigger than any book in the harry potter series. The codebase is almost as big as George R.R. Martin's Storm of Swords, and that took 2 years to write. And AT LEAST 40% of that was built on top of Litecoin. That's why they wanted to start with an old, stable, and proven codebase in the first place, so they wouldn't have to go fixing bugs in someone else's code on top of their own.

The innovations you see in other coins? Guess what? If they were released in a week, code wise, they were relatively small changes.

And everyone that is so trigger happy to call everyone else scammers? Baloney. Devs that stick their necks out for coins and struggle to deliver the features that everyone DEMANDS to know up front sometimes have no choice to abandon projects, because they get smacked in the face with the realization that what they're trying to do would take months, and in crypto, that's too damn long. Remember curecoin? Not half as innovative in terms of code itself and the devs spent over a year working on that. Seriously.

That's why these guys spent months working on this before bringing this to market, and the features are indeed there on the backend. I've checked.

You're dealing with brilliant people here, people that have put themselves out there and have everything to lose. Sure they've got some btc, but everyone knows who they are, and like it or not, they have real lives. I'm sorry, but 1500 btc isn't enough for half a dozen people to disappear on.

Do you want to know why more incredible, hard working, brilliant developers don't rush into crypto, and altcoins especially? Because the community is filled with rabid wolves ready to tear you apart when any little thing doesn't work right. News for you, nothing works right in programming. Developers are forced to work every day with broken tools and broken code. It's a fact of life, and we deal with it every day. If that wasn't the case, there wouldn't be hacked banks, hacked networks, bug fixes and bug reports. Windows wouldn't have hundreds of updates from the word go. There wouldn't be a 'bugzilla' which is funny, because that's how coders see bugs, like f'ing godzilla.

Also, the professional bit? Do you want deep in the trenches brilliant developers that are capable of actually making phenomenal progress and producing incredible work? Or do you want PR people spewing bullshit that never tell you anything except more bullshit. I'm sorry, but I've worked in the world. The person selling you roses and butterflies doesn't have a clue what's going on in the trenches, or even how any of it works in the first place. Meanwhile, the guys in the trenches are dealing with 20 years of technobullshit that I'd be worried if they hadn't grown accustomed to swearing.

So get it together. If you're going to invest in altcoins, then you're going to have to deal with people that are more accustomed to dealing with code and computers than they are dealing with people. And if you're not dealing with people that are rough around the edges, you're not dealing with real developers. You're dealing with bullshit artists.

One last thing: The developers didn't get your money until fucking yesterday. They've been working for nothing for months. MONTHS. So sorry if they couldn't afford all the bells and whistles you think got paid for. They have it now though, and by golly, you better fucking believe they're trying to fix everything with their new resources.

Well said!!

Everyone just needs to relax a bit.
eterna156

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:38:15 PM

Litecoin wolf-criers: a rudimentary comparison between the litecoin codebase and the syscoin codebase shows that the syscoin codebase has 40% more code in it.  What's that mean? It means they added an absolute MOUNTAIN of code to Litecoin. Looking through the code itself, they modified it quite a lot as well. What's that mean? It means they worked their damn asses off.

And what happens when you make the earth shattering additions and create so much innovation within the code? Well, on the small scale under controlled circumstances it probably worked fine. They probably worked every last bug out they could possibly find over the last week. They are perfectionists.

But the mining world is far from perfect, and when you add colossal attention, mining force, private builds, etc. Basically the coin gets smacked with thousands of unpredictable scenarios and if it doesn't have every failsafe perfectly in place to mitigate every issue. With a codebase as big as this, that is an extraordinarily difficult thing to do - something major companies with millions or even billions of dollars can't do.

Remember, the codebase is basically just a colossal weave of logic. That weave of logic actually behaves differently depending on what system its running on, or what compiler (the program that converts the code into an application) compiles it.

What everyone needs to understand here is that the codebase is half the size of the entire King James Bible, and bigger than any book in the harry potter series. The codebase is almost as big as George R.R. Martin's Storm of Swords, and that took 2 years to write. And AT LEAST 40% of that was built on top of Litecoin. That's why they wanted to start with an old, stable, and proven codebase in the first place, so they wouldn't have to go fixing bugs in someone else's code on top of their own.

The innovations you see in other coins? Guess what? If they were released in a week, code wise, they were relatively small changes.

And everyone that is so trigger happy to call everyone else scammers? Baloney. Devs that stick their necks out for coins and struggle to deliver the features that everyone DEMANDS to know up front sometimes have no choice to abandon projects, because they get smacked in the face with the realization that what they're trying to do would take months, and in crypto, that's too damn long. Remember curecoin? Not half as innovative in terms of code itself and the devs spent over a year working on that. Seriously.

That's why these guys spent months working on this before bringing this to market, and the features are indeed there on the backend. I've checked.

You're dealing with brilliant people here, people that have put themselves out there and have everything to lose. Sure they've got some btc, but everyone knows who they are, and like it or not, they have real lives. I'm sorry, but 1500 btc isn't enough for half a dozen people to disappear on.

Do you want to know why more incredible, hard working, brilliant developers don't rush into crypto, and altcoins especially? Because the community is filled with rabid wolves ready to tear you apart when any little thing doesn't work right. News for you, nothing works right in programming. Developers are forced to work every day with broken tools and broken code. It's a fact of life, and we deal with it every day. If that wasn't the case, there wouldn't be hacked banks, hacked networks, bug fixes and bug reports. Windows wouldn't have hundreds of updates from the word go. There wouldn't be a 'bugzilla' which is funny, because that's how coders see bugs, like f'ing godzilla.

Also, the professional bit? Do you want deep in the trenches brilliant developers that are capable of actually making phenomenal progress and producing incredible work? Or do you want PR people spewing bullshit that never tell you anything except more bullshit. I'm sorry, but I've worked in the world. The person selling you roses and butterflies doesn't have a clue what's going on in the trenches, or even how any of it works in the first place. Meanwhile, the guys in the trenches are dealing with 20 years of technobullshit that I'd be worried if they hadn't grown accustomed to swearing.

So get it together. If you're going to invest in altcoins, then you're going to have to deal with people that are more accustomed to dealing with code and computers than they are dealing with people. And if you're not dealing with people that are rough around the edges, you're not dealing with real developers. You're dealing with bullshit artists.

One last thing: The developers didn't get your money until fucking yesterday. They've been working for nothing for months. MONTHS. So sorry if they couldn't afford all the bells and whistles you think got paid for. They have it now though, and by golly, you better fucking believe they're trying to fix everything with their new resources.

*slow clap*
rossr1

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:39:13 PM

I had - re-download the wallet by using Google Chrome, then it will open perfectly. (Issue with Megaupload...Devs don't learn that Safari seems to have problems with Megaupload)

cheers guys,  just tried to D/L using chrome, file currently unavailable from sys coin site  lol,, good job I'm not rushing to dump Wink
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:39:39 PM

It's known by devs and they still upload there.  However, they could at least tell people to use google chrome for this.

We uploaded to 3 different locations.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:40:53 PM

thats some lovely support walls on mintpal @ 400-600 - 250btc worth, pity i cant send my coins to dump on those walls, along with many people. when will our wallets be able to confirm sending? im stuck on 0/6 confirmations

Why don't you give us your private key and we will try to figure it out for you...  In the mean time, learn the meaning of patience.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
rossr1

Activity: 363

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:41:15 PM

*slow clap*

like this, clear thinking
riddler_xyz

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:41:59 PM

shit happens .... important is how you deal with it and or fix it.

Everyone crying out loud ... make it better if you can ... or help fixing by analysing the bug .. the source is there ... be helpful.

Other than that ... sell your coins ... invest somewhere else ... nobody is forcing you to not sell me your coins for cheap.

ym2c

If bitcoinmining riggs could buy miningriggs with bitcoin by themselves wouldnt that be asexual reproduction ? So wouldnt that make BTC a lifeform ?
slex

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:43:23 PM

they just tweeted.

250/1500

Fuckin lol

We still have the other 1250.

Founder // CEO - moolah.io
discodancer

Activity: 378

Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:43:31 PM

Quoting half of the long post. I agree to your first points but....
for one neither dano nor snoop are actually coders/devs as pretty clear from their "dev is sleeping comment". So I guess they were acting as those "PR people spewing bullshit" ? and they actually held the release date even after everything? Or rather they were "person selling you roses and butterflies doesn't have a clue what's going on in the trenches, or even how any of it works in the first place." ? Isnt it?

Even if 1500 btc is not an amount for 6 people to disappear on - I have yet to see the promoters (yeah not devs) answer my query. Who is getting paid how much and for what work? This will draw a line as to where things went wrong.

As for "development", within this long tirade you gave - you failed to mention one thing. People choose stable codes, and are maybe nerds who are more accustomed to code than people. True! But then thumb rule for "IT project development" is you have your dev ready and available for at least 24hrs post release for debugging any issues. Thats the critical timeframe. Or do they just release and go to sleep? This is where the team fucked up.

The last thing: I am never surprised when people go on this defence after getting paid. Its rather this kind of argument which leads to most shitcoins foster in the crypto world. The so-called "dev" must be paid for his efforts even if he is incompetent to release the correct code upfront. Yep, he is working, he is working, he is.....and then disappears with the money.
I can assure you many people were ok with syscoin stating clearly that the certs might not work on launch. Its not this bs.
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:44:37 PM

Save the Syscoin  Grin
yampi

Activity: 433

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:45:45 PM

newbie account posting shortened url.
Good job.
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

Okay.. im putting in 10% of mi roll as well as pointing. My miners.  Im IN now when does mining begin

btw... im at https://give-me-coins.com mege mining three cois waiting for the 4th (sys)  i advise everyone else to point here and wait with me then we get all the ltc and ultc too yay....

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:48:27 PM

Okay.. im putting in 10% of mi roll as well as pointing. My miners.  Im IN now when does mining begin

Post of the thread  Smiley

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:50:03 PM

Without a doubt, one the best posts on the subject I've seen here. The noobs and trolls don't realize almost all altcoins are based on Litecoin code, one way or the others, even several generations removed, same original code base. That's not a bad thing in most circumstances, it provides a base of stability. The entire scene here is different from "conventional" investing, you really can't compare the two in any simple manor.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
ThousandFaces

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:51:41 PM

http://www.savingadvice.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/warren-buffet-money.jpg

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

Nice. But that was an appropriation of an older quote by Baron Rothschild "Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."

I doubt the baron ever gets cut... I bet they are behind this whole movement. . If not theyvare buying miners afer all its they're money

Are you seriously attributing the Rothschilds to crypto!?!?!? HAHAHAHA. My quote was from hundreds of years ago! My god people, do your effing homework!
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:54:08 PM

they just tweeted.

250/1500

Fuckin lol

Learn to read. Thats all they were given, Moolah still holds the rest.

DNotesVault
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: