Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:01:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:41:55 PM

~4 days for devs to fix their shit before refunds are OK when using moolah as escrow.

You mean 2 days right?  Unless you are on another planet:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

King of all the land

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:42:40 PM

Here we have it and now we all know for next time

~4 days for devs to fix their shit before refunds are OK when using moolah as escrow.

I would rather give the devs the opportunity to fix everything and show us just how awesome Syscoin can be, than have them admit defeat ahead of time without even trying by issuing everyone refunds...
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:43:03 PM

OK I think you meant 4 days from launch right?
kamronk

Activity: 297

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 03:44:45 PM

Long time lurker, discredit as you please

Somethings going to come of this guys, as others have said, look at the amount of work/code the team has put into this, and the personal reputations they've put on the line, they'd be ruining their careers if they walked away from this. Think realistically.

As for why you're asking for refunds this quickly, again thinking realistically, has your plan this entire time been to just dump immediately and expect a nice profit? Did you invest more than what you could afford? Seems uneducated, inexperienced and "noob-ish" to be fighting so hard for something like that

These guys are working diligently on fixing the issues brought by the amount of traffic they received. These issues could have only been brought out to the open (to be fixed) by releasing the coin. Kind of hard to design a test environment of thousands of concurrent users, without wasting everyone's investments on farms (which would have no ROI)

It's called the SDLC guys, get with the program. (pun intended)

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
cryptzo

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 03:47:41 PM

Guys just please make sure that you are able to 100% deliver on this fork.  If another fork is needed after this the coin will be dead.  Therefore if you need more time then amend the deadline to take this into account.  This is your last chance to rescue this (if it isn't already too late after the failed fork from last night).  Make sure you can deliver.  Also why did you choose the insane time of 4am - make it a time when you can all be awake and fully functional.

I don't know. I'd say they've run out of chances once someone has a coin running a copy of their featureset on a stable network.

If the devs can deliver on something that everyone wants and nobody has been able to deliver on yet, they sort of have all the time they need until someone else steals their thunder by succeeding first. Frankly, I don't see that happening right now.

My coins haven't moved, and aren't going to move. I have no interest in trading them away, so I'm fine. I believe in the goals here, and I understand the problems that the dev's are dealing with right now. Whatever it takes to get the network stable, I'm no board.

I can't say I'm not a little annoyed that people have scooped up coins under ICO prices, but that's life in crypto.

seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:51:39 PM

So moolah offers escrow on the terms of a fully functional product. Products werent met. Now we arent being given back our btc... am I missing something here. Did the terms and conditions outline a time? Yes.. the launch date. It failed. Moolah I know its alot of work, but your not sticking to your words here. You have failed us. Syscoin is dead forever, no coin will survive after screwing over every investor.

Our agreement with Syscoin included a launch window to allow the developers the opportunity to fix any issues that popped up. We are still within that window, and the developers are actively working to resolve those issues. We have stated repeatedly that we will process refunds if the developers fail to deliver a working product, what we are not going to do however, is jump the gun and do that while attempts to resolve are in process.

For the sake of full clarity, we are hereby giving the Syscoin team 48 hours as of 1800 GMT this evening; to deliver a stable and working product. If at 1800 GMT on August 20th, the coin is still in a completely non-usable state (multiple forks, wallet corruption, service issues, mining issues, etc) and no progress has been made; we will begin the process of fully refunding coin holders at ICO rates. If good progress has been made (and only lesser issues remain), we will readdress this issue. If the coin is fully resolved? Great, escrow released. I will be communicating this to the Syscoin team momentarily.

Thanks for this clarification.
For the sake of all parties, let's calm down and help dev resolve any issues. Refund is our last resort which we don't wanna see.
lvyuan95

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:52:18 PM

So moolah offers escrow on the terms of a fully functional product. Products werent met. Now we arent being given back our btc... am I missing something here. Did the terms and conditions outline a time? Yes.. the launch date. It failed. Moolah I know its alot of work, but your not sticking to your words here. You have failed us. Syscoin is dead forever, no coin will survive after screwing over every investor.

Our agreement with Syscoin included a launch window to allow the developers the opportunity to fix any issues that popped up. We are still within that window, and the developers are actively working to resolve those issues. We have stated repeatedly that we will process refunds if the developers fail to deliver a working product, what we are not going to do however, is jump the gun and do that while attempts to resolve are in process.

For the sake of full clarity, we are hereby giving the Syscoin team 48 hours as of 1800 GMT this evening; to deliver a stable and working product. If at 1800 GMT on August 20th, the coin is still in a completely non-usable state (multiple forks, wallet corruption, service issues, mining issues, etc) and no progress has been made; we will begin the process of fully refunding coin holders at ICO rates. If good progress has been made (and only lesser issues remain), we will readdress this issue. If the coin is fully resolved? Great, escrow released. I will be communicating this to the Syscoin team momentarily.
Yuzu

Activity: 368

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:52:24 PM

Sorry to repeat myself, but I want to make sure that my understanding and opinion is clear.  Moolah has given the devs until Wednesday at noon (GMT) to make the product right.  The devs promise another fork later today (Monday evening).  It's better to make absolutely certain the product is working, even if it takes until Tuesday morning, rather than tonight.  More fork confusion will not be a good thing. Smiley
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 03:52:58 PM

If you are a pool owner, exchange operator, or services operator PLEASE join #syspools on freenode IRC as we are coordinating the effort there.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
prdomain

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:53:18 PM

merge mineable with any SCRYPT coin

it does not work , please fix it after blockchain issues.
Cointang

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:53:39 PM

That's your agreement with syscoin, not mine. Me as an investor was not told about a special deadline to iron the "kinks" out . You should have made that information public and available so I as an investor could have made a more informative decision.

1uSmoGi7FUh4Kb5Bf2snPKvnWdfLCt8fX
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:53:45 PM

I have not yet released my ico coins, I will still be able to get my ico coins with the same address after this fork?

Yes. We apologize for the issues but we need to get everyone on the right fork. Don't mine or spend SYS in the next 12hrs to ensure you don't lose anything.

We are planning to fork tonight at 11p EDT; we will have the updated code posted within a few hours and pools and exchanges can begin updating we will communicate when this new code has been posted.

DO NOT MINE OR SEND SYS IN THE INTERIM PERIOD.

ok, fair enough but what happens to the coins that people sent yesterday and did not arrive to exchanges?

Once the exchanges update to the new version once released and get on the correct chain, your coins should arrive at the exchange.

If they were sent on the wrong block chain you can recover the coins from your wallet by dumping the private keys in the wallet and importing private keys back into a new wallet (after backing up your initial wallet of course). Note - if you sent any coins after you received your initial IPO coins from you will need to dump ALL private keys in your wallet - you cannot just use your private key from Moolah as coins may have come back to 'change' addresses -> different private keys.

This is one of the great aspects of crypto currencies. If you send a payment on the correct chain then once the coin gets fixed and the exchanges get back on track your payment arrives. If the coins were sent on the wrong block chain then the transaction never actually happened on the correct chain and you effectively didn't actually send anything. The problem is your wallet thinks a payment was made but seems to not check if they were made on the correct chain or not. By dumping your private keys and importing into a new wallet.dat you are forcing the coin client to analyse the block chain for transactions that occurred on the real chain only.

Seems to be forks all over the place at the moment, so fixing the issue will probably need to wait until the everyone is back on the correct chain.

The point is the coins have not just disappeared!
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 03:54:16 PM

merge mineable with any SCRYPT coin

it does not work , please fix it after blockchain issues.

Yes there is a bug with merged mining which we will address after the network is consolidated to a single fork.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
larraboj

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:54:27 PM

OK I think you meant 4 days from launch right?

yes, bad wording on my part. I have updated the post
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:54:57 PM

I just want to send my coins back to my wallet anyway.  The main problem now is that even if they do deliver confidence in SYS has been wounded so much that it might be beyond repair.  People that previously intended to hold their coins will be adding to those who just planned to sell all along because they might not see any future for SYS.  Also I had intended to slowly increase my SYS holdings by selling off on peaks and buying back on dips - I've done that successfully with other coins.  Unfortunately the uncertainty with its future makes me very unlikely to do this.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 03:55:27 PM

I have not yet released my ico coins, I will still be able to get my ico coins with the same address after this fork?

Yes. We apologize for the issues but we need to get everyone on the right fork. Don't mine or spend SYS in the next 12hrs to ensure you don't lose anything.

We are planning to fork tonight at 11p EDT; we will have the updated code posted within a few hours and pools and exchanges can begin updating we will communicate when this new code has been posted.

DO NOT MINE OR SEND SYS IN THE INTERIM PERIOD.

ok, fair enough but what happens to the coins that people sent yesterday and did not arrive to exchanges?

Once the exchanges update to the new version once released and get on the correct chain, your coins should arrive at the exchange.

If they were sent on the wrong block chain you can recover the coins from your wallet by dumping the private keys in the wallet and importing private keys back into a new wallet (after backing up your initial wallet of course). Note - if you sent any coins after you received your initial IPO coins from you will need to dump ALL private keys in your wallet - you cannot just use your private key from Moolah as coins may have come back to 'change' addresses -> different private keys.

This is one of the great aspects of crypto currencies. If you send a payment on the correct chain then once the coin gets fixed and the exchanges get back on track your payment arrives. If the coins were sent on the wrong block chain then the transaction never actually happened on the correct chain and you effectively didn't actually send anything. The problem is your wallet thinks a payment was made but seems to not check if they were made on the correct chain or not. By dumping your private keys and importing into a new wallet.dat you are forcing the coin client to analyse the block chain for transactions that occurred on the real chain only.

Seems to be forks all over the place at the moment, so fixing the issue will probably need to wait until the everyone is back on the correct chain.

The point is the coins have not just disappeared!

^^^ +10000

nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:58:23 PM

Suchnekky stop being a dick, the devs are working their asses off and you're just wasting their's and everybody else's time posting your shit and making dano delete it. WTF is wrong with you?

Dreamspace you're no better for quoting it.
DreamSpace

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:59:04 PM

so i was doing a bit of private investigating on danosphere... and something caught my eye in his reflection in one of his pics... ill let you guys be the judges

men you must be bored.. lol
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:59:13 PM

When people buy 1M worth of BTC for an ICO, we are not only expecting a coin with features but a SMOOTH launch. We are getting to a point that the coin is in a precarious position. A launch being this bad is a serious liability for the future survival of this coin. I hope you will reposition yourself to protect your customers here.

S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:59:56 PM

what is current block? i stuck at 2383 about hour....
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: