Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:56:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Monkeys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 06:57:07 AM

Everybody relax. Devs have shown good faith by returning the BTC to moolah. What part of that says these guys arent for real?

Coins are super cheap right now, I suggest you buy some. This coin is offering something different, why the surprise when there is a hiccup? You want a cookie cutter clone? Buy something else.

ICO folks: in the end Moolah still has the BTC so is devs walk you get your BTC back.

Everybody take a breath. If you dumped your SYS I suggest you buy it back..or dont, whatever. I'm holding my 193k sys for now and will see what happens.

Devs: Sorry to put the pressure on you but this is what comes with a coin release when you collect 1500BTC in ICO. Get the fix in place while the window of opportunity is still open Smiley

Moolah doesn't have the bitcoin, the devs said they sent the 250 BTC to Mintpal to add buy support.

So the Devs do technically have the BTC, they are just using it to add buy support to protect the investors to a degree.

The point is the money is not going to be refunded, that is pretty much the end of that matter. It seems like Moolah / Mintpal are in on it too since they are siding with the devs when it comes to any questions about refunds...

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 07:01:05 AM

Transparency:

I have deleted all of the FUD, lies, misinformation, and spam from earlier pages. They were being posted by the same 5 users. This is a huge project, some people don't seems to understand that- if you think the syscoin commands (via help) are the "same as almost all coins"... you are incorrect. Please compare the command lists and you will clearly see this.

Regarding hiring devs/PMS (project managers) etc- yes we fully plan on doing this. We don't have any funding at the moment as we're waiting for things to really be "sound" on the network before we get ANY BITCOINS FROM THE PRESALE. We used about 15BTC on Mintpal to provide buy support, the remaining 234.5 were returned to Moolah this morning as soon as I was aware of the issues and we immediately got to work.

We spent about 18hrs fixing this issue today. I realize there are still wallet relaunch/crash issues but this does NOT lose your coins or data. You may need to resync at the worst; this is related to a bug with RESCAN command which we will fix. I have not said this was flawless at all. People seem to think we have 1500btc and "we could have done so much better with that much money".... we have no money. Moolah has it. They will hold it til this is all right. I didn't need to send back the BTC this AM- it was the right thing to do.

People did not pay attention to our announcements throughout the day about the fork so many were very slow to update their client leading to multiple forks. These are being resolved now if they aren't resolved already. The team has a list of items to work on. We have additional devs helping us out for FREE at the moment because they can see the code and understand the potential here soon as these bugs are ironed out.

Our next big push will be to upgrade the codebase to the 0.9.2 bitcoin codebase as it brings many improvements (in building and testing as well). We will also port any appropriate Litecoin/Namecoin fixes into Syscoin. Despite all the FUDing today and the issues, we are still here to make this a success- there are plenty of very coherent and salient posts from other users about what happens with new innovative product launches- even from megamillion dollar companies like Microsoft (remember windows vista?). We are 6 devs with zero funding at the moment aside from what our dayjobs provide. Soon as the client is stabilized to the satisfaction of the community (our work is not done) we'll have the BTC from Moolah and can work to hire a fulltime team to move this forward in parallel with us.

I've apologized multiple times for the issues yesterday and today. The only thing we can do as a team is to rapidly improve the wallet over this week- which we will do.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
discodancer

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:02:10 AM

Everybody relax. Devs have shown good faith by returning the BTC to moolah. What part of that says these guys arent for real?

Coins are super cheap right now, I suggest you buy some. This coin is offering something different, why the surprise when there is a hiccup? You want a cookie cutter clone? Buy something else.

ICO folks: in the end Moolah still has the BTC so is devs walk you get your BTC back.

Everybody take a breath. If you dumped your SYS I suggest you buy it back..or dont, whatever. I'm holding my 193k sys for now and will see what happens.

Devs: Sorry to put the pressure on you but this is what comes with a coin release when you collect 1500BTC in ICO. Get the fix in place while the window of opportunity is still open Smiley

Moolah doesn't have the bitcoin, the devs said they sent the 250 BTC to Mintpal to add buy support.

So the Devs do technically have the BTC, they are just using it to add buy support to protect the investors to a degree.

The point is the money is not going to be refunded, that is pretty much the end of that matter. It seems like Moolah / Mintpal are in on it too since they are siding with the devs when it comes to any questions about refunds...
They are supposed to do that, but not because they are "in on it" rather it is an additional operational hazard to refund. Chances of refunds being botched is more than devs fixing the wallet. Though it will be interesting to see what happens when everyone can get their wallets working. I think the situation might be bad enough for even 250 BTC not stand a chance.
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:03:28 AM

We know there is more work to do, and we'll be here to do it. If a better team could have pulled this off... where are they? Where is there coin that offers what Syscoin offers that they made? The Syscoin team is as professional as it gets in crypto. As soon as we get some BTC we can hire fulltime C++ developers to really make progress on the coin. As previously stated we have ZERO btc right now from the presale its still in escrow and we have sold ZERO of our premine. We are here for the long haul; Actually the 250btc was sent back to Moolah for buy support, so yes, we are buying our own coins. Because we are here for the long term to make this a success, and we know hiccips will happen. We don't dump at the first sign of an issue with a coin that has more delivered innovation than anything else on the market today.

We got plenty more to do, and actually a lot more to release as soon as the network settled down, we'll share some more stuff we have ready to show.
Dano, snipped part of your post which was agreeable. Now this - for one have you seen implementations being done in IT field ever? Yes they are better team and more professional than you guys for sure. If you mean, specifically in crypto - wouldn't that be setting the bar lower just so that you can make this point? It is as good as a 4' foot tall guy saying I am tall because I am taller than "Peter Dinklage". So do stop now with this kind of reasoning.

I have asked at least 5 times now - How many devs you have got? And who is getting paid what out of the 1500 btc. Because there is a clear lack of understanding of "project management" and how SDLC works. So hard working? Maybe yes. Professional? Um, no, absolutely not.

FYI, I was there for another "innovative" launch called Bitshares. And boy their wallets sucked big time. You couldn't get it to work on Windows no matter what. They were better professionals. You know why? 1. They were available post launch --> That dint really help but at least they were there. They dint let things go unnoticed for 5-6 hrs and then blame people for getting mad.
2. Their blockchain dint get forked on the very first note --> Now as you put it, your 40% of the code or the "new features" worked fine. Its the most important part - the ledger which is not working. If that doesn't work, you have a worthless code or features without use.

rofl are you serious?

I don't go comparing a MMORPG level game designer to a security expert. They both have IT involved but a straight up comparison would be completely pointless.

Comparing their abilities to people in the exact same field as they are is the most logical way to compares ones own abilities.

If a micro biologist compared themselves to a astrophysicist then it would be completely pointless, they are both using science but 1 is biology and one is physics.

If a micro biologist compared themselves to say.....another micro biologist then they can better ascertain their skill level.

Can you please stop asking the developer of this coin to stop using logic. His comparison was logical, comparing himself to every single person or role or job that involves IT is completely stupid.
Are you in still in school or what? If you are in 5th grade let me break it down for you - in terms of professionalism and implementation there are better teams than theirs. Doesn't matter if they are in MMORPG or shit social gaming teams. So that bullshit he started with "tell me a better team" doesn't help.
Then again comparing yourself to a shitty field like crypto currency where 90% is crap already is like comparing yourself to a challenged kid and saying I am smart. So the point was to raise their bar. Not compare themselves to pigs and say yeah I clean. Understood?

And I already gave an example of a launch (bitshares) which was handled better than this shit launch they did. That too in crypto. So please do visit your nearest doctor for a pair of glasses and brain.

They didn't say "in terms of professionalism and implementation" its just your retarded brain was having trouble with coming up with more than 2 things.

Go back to school you retard

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:04:16 AM

The network is working itself out, we will upgrade DNS seeds in the morning to provide better/faster syncing. 40% of the Syscoin codebase is entirely new code, if you didn't expect a few hiccups with a coin that has this many new features, you didn't read the many, many posts I made about the subject.

That being said the errors from today have been addressed and after the network calms down syncing should not be an issue. We will clean up the massive amount of FUD and misinformation being spread in the earlier pages of this thread in the morning, and we will also clean up the OP to be more clear.

Its is easy to say things from behind a keyboard, but we've been up almost around the clock for 4days straight getting this out the door+fixed. Not many other teams will do that. Have there been issues? Yes. Big issues? Yes. Did we respond quickly? Its been <24hrs and there is already a fix in place. As we have stated before, we are addressing problems as soon as we are aware- if you think that is unprofessional I'm sorry.

We DO NOT have ANY of the presale BTC at this point. 15BTC was used as buy support yesterday and the remainder was returned to Moolah this morning until the Syscoin network stabilizes. They will hold the fund until we are sure all kinks are worked out and things are sound. All the features we discussed are working and in the client, people are registering aliases, data, listing offers, and issuing certififcates. To say this is a "Fail" is a huge dramatization. A fumble, yes indeed; and a hard one. But show me a another coin you can do those 4 things with in a decentralized way. Show me another coin with delivered features analogous to Syscoin. There aren't any. Innovation is not easy. We decided to take that challenge.

We know there is more work to do, and we'll be here to do it. If a better team could have pulled this off... where are they? Where is there coin that offers what Syscoin offers that they made? The Syscoin team is as professional as it gets in crypto. As soon as we get some BTC we can hire fulltime C++ developers to really make progress on the coin. As previously stated we have ZERO btc right now from the presale its still in escrow and we have sold ZERO of our premine. We are here for the long haul; Actually the 250btc was sent back to Moolah for buy support, so yes, we are buying our own coins. Because we are here for the long term to make this a success, and we know hiccips will happen. We don't dump at the first sign of an issue with a coin that has more delivered innovation than anything else on the market today.

We got plenty more to do, and actually a lot more to release as soon as the network settled down, we'll share some more stuff we have ready to show.

Professional response: Apology for launch problems and detailing the steps taken to make sure similar problems don't happen later.

Unprofessional response:  Defensive whining.

Which end of the spectrum does this response lean toward?
suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:05:40 AM

downloaded new nodes and new version, NOW ITS FUCKING BROKEN AGAIN AND WONT OPEN. for fuck sake i just want to get out of this shitpile of a coin.

when will i be able to transfer my shit?

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 07:05:47 AM

are you going to stop deleting our posts that points out problems and tell us how to fix them or give us some working nodes?

I can play this game all night long.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:06:46 AM

The network is working itself out, we will upgrade DNS seeds in the morning to provide better/faster syncing. 40% of the Syscoin codebase is entirely new code, if you didn't expect a few hiccups with a coin that has this many new features, you didn't read the many, many posts I made about the subject.

That being said the errors from today have been addressed and after the network calms down syncing should not be an issue. We will clean up the massive amount of FUD and misinformation being spread in the earlier pages of this thread in the morning, and we will also clean up the OP to be more clear.

Its is easy to say things from behind a keyboard, but we've been up almost around the clock for 4days straight getting this out the door+fixed. Not many other teams will do that. Have there been issues? Yes. Big issues? Yes. Did we respond quickly? Its been <24hrs and there is already a fix in place. As we have stated before, we are addressing problems as soon as we are aware- if you think that is unprofessional I'm sorry.

We DO NOT have ANY of the presale BTC at this point. 15BTC was used as buy support yesterday and the remainder was returned to Moolah this morning until the Syscoin network stabilizes. They will hold the fund until we are sure all kinks are worked out and things are sound. All the features we discussed are working and in the client, people are registering aliases, data, listing offers, and issuing certififcates. To say this is a "Fail" is a huge dramatization. A fumble, yes indeed; and a hard one. But show me a another coin you can do those 4 things with in a decentralized way. Show me another coin with delivered features analogous to Syscoin. There aren't any. Innovation is not easy. We decided to take that challenge.

Professional response: Apology for launch problems and detailing the steps taken to make sure similar problems don't happen later.

Unprofessional response:  Defensive whining.

Which end of the spectrum does this response lean toward?

Prepare to have your post deleted.

BINTEX