Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 08:33:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490175 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
michaelb87

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:26:54 PM

fucking hell, they apparently don't care about their shattered reputation if they do this lol

Quit whining. ICO with a guarantee is unique, talk about riskless investment...
slex

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:27:29 PM

My name is Alex, I am the Founder and CEO of Moopay LTD; the organization responsible for https://moolah.io, https://mintpal.com (as of recently) and a few other subsidiary entities. I have the final authority and say in relation to what happens in regards to funds raised from the ICO. The decision with a refund lies solely with me as the primary mediator. At this stage, I would like to make it clear that we have not made a decision, and anybody stating MOOLAH SAYS NO REFUNDS, is quite frankly making stuff up.

I would like to start out by pointing out how this ICO/IPO is different. Firstly, the fact that there is a refund clause full stop is exceptionally rare. With other initial offering coins, you generally have little to no protection, and no recourse in a worst case scenario. We entered in to a partnership with Syscoin in order to provide this protection, and the fact that this protection is here, should give you some measure of comfort.

When the coin launched, it worked. It stopped working fairly early on, but the fact of the matter is that the coin was working at launch. Unlike other escrow providers that would have released then and there, we requested an inspection period which would allow us to ensure that the coin would continue to work; and in return, would provide the Syscoin team with a window of opportunity to fix any issues that may pop up. We did this to protect the people that invested in the coin, because to be blunt; the coin met obligations at launch.

However, issues rapidly appeared. These issues were critical, and resulted in the coin being moved in to an unusable state. As a result of this, we continued to monitor the situation for 48 hours - and after repeated fixes that didn't help, gave the Syscoin team an ultimatum that they had 48 hours to fix the major issues. That ultimatum expires in 3 hours, and still stands.

Our roughly checklist for when this ultimatum expires is as follows:

• At 6PM GMT, is the blockchain in a working state? DDOS attacks on the blockchain at this time will be taken in to account.
  • At 6PM GMT, is the QT wallet in a functional state for the majority of users? It does not need to expose the full daemon feature set.
  • At 6PM GMT, are 3 out of 4 core services available on the main net, via the daemon?
  • At 6PM GMT, if all 4 services are not on the main net, is the missing service available on the testnet, via the daemon?
  • Does the wallet require a full rescan on each launch? If so, is this something that can be fixed in a timely fashion?
  • Can the wallet be opened without causing data corruption on each launch? If isolated issues are being reported, what is the plan for deploying a fix?

If the majority of issues have been resolved, and the remaining issues are deemed not urgent / critical (e.g. Can I send and receive coins via the QT client, and do some service stuff via the daemon, and not worry about closing my wallet for the most part) - then we will speak with the Syscoin team and request that a clear timeline and roadmap be published to the general public. We have requested that in a scenario where there are any issues, including minor remaining, that we move to a staggered release of funds - where they would receive X BTC each month in order to ensure continued development. We will not be taking the current price of the coin in to account when deciding whether or not that the ICO merits a refund. This is a risk that any investor makes, and it happens to everybody in the end.

We will not be showing bias to the Syscoin team, but we will also not be caving to the FUD being spread around be a small subset of users. Our role is mediation and arbitration, and we will exercise a neutral viewpoint in order to do this effectively.

tl;dr No refunds.

Apparently you cannot read. Try again.

Founder // CEO - moolah.io
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:28:34 PM

if no refund, guys don't panic dump, we need ALL ask dev team to make a buy support at 518 sat
SeaSoul

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:29:32 PM

Sorry for fud)

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:30:17 PM

It will take FOREVER for those people to even mine a few thousand SYS.

I'm amazed that anyone is mining it to be honest - it's a long way from breaking even, let alone making a profit.

I mined about 1000 during start and even between forks, then synced wallet and just now sold it on bitrex, believe lots of people strategy as well, so I have to thank SYS developers as I actually managed to transfer from one crypto to another (functioning blockchain)

however due to falling rates I would be risking mining it further, but difficulty level has dropped (naturally)

what an experience this whole thing was, and if people waited months for SYS release and substantial amount of BTC was invested its just a little bit sad.. but risks are always there!

not a fud at all, but MAC OS wallet which I use is somewhat unstable.. I have never seen that before, I understand it is packed with features.. certificates etc.. and this is all cool.. but if it is not SOLID AS IRON... it will be a difficult sell.. not trying to put you down or anything, I actually want you all to succeed!
slex

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:30:25 PM

My name is Alex, I am the Founder and CEO of Moopay LTD; the organization responsible for https://moolah.io, https://mintpal.com (as of recently) and a few other subsidiary entities. I have the final authority and say in relation to what happens in regards to funds raised from the ICO. The decision with a refund lies solely with me as the primary mediator. At this stage, I would like to make it clear that we have not made a decision, and anybody stating MOOLAH SAYS NO REFUNDS, is quite frankly making stuff up.

I would like to start out by pointing out how this ICO/IPO is different. Firstly, the fact that there is a refund clause full stop is exceptionally rare. With other initial offering coins, you generally have little to no protection, and no recourse in a worst case scenario. We entered in to a partnership with Syscoin in order to provide this protection, and the fact that this protection is here, should give you some measure of comfort.

When the coin launched, it worked. It stopped working fairly early on, but the fact of the matter is that the coin was working at launch. Unlike other escrow providers that would have released then and there, we requested an inspection period which would allow us to ensure that the coin would continue to work; and in return, would provide the Syscoin team with a window of opportunity to fix any issues that may pop up. We did this to protect the people that invested in the coin, because to be blunt; the coin met obligations at launch.

However, issues rapidly appeared. These issues were critical, and resulted in the coin being moved in to an unusable state. As a result of this, we continued to monitor the situation for 48 hours - and after repeated fixes that didn't help, gave the Syscoin team an ultimatum that they had 48 hours to fix the major issues. That ultimatum expires in 3 hours, and still stands.

• At 6PM GMT, is the blockchain in a working state? DDOS attacks on the blockchain at this time will be taken in to account.
  • At 6PM GMT, is the QT wallet in a functional state for the majority of users? It does not need to expose the full daemon feature set.
  • At 6PM GMT, are 3 out of 4 core services available on the main net, via the daemon?
  • At 6PM GMT, if all 4 services are not on the main net, is the missing service available on the testnet, via the daemon?
  • Does the wallet require a full rescan on each launch? If so, is this something that can be fixed in a timely fashion?
  • Can the wallet be opened without causing data corruption on each launch? If isolated issues are being reported, what is the plan for deploying a fix?

If the majority of issues have been resolved, and the remaining issues are deemed not urgent / critical (e.g. Can I send and receive coins via the QT client, and do some service stuff via the daemon, and not worry about closing my wallet for the most part) - then we will speak with the Syscoin team and request that a clear timeline and roadmap be published to the general public. We have requested that in a scenario where there are any issues, including minor remaining, that we move to a staggered release of funds - where they would receive X BTC each month in order to ensure continued development. We will not be taking the current price of the coin in to account when deciding whether or not that the ICO merits a refund. This is a risk that any investor makes, and it happens to everybody in the end.

We will not be showing bias to the Syscoin team, but we will also not be caving to the FUD being spread around be a small subset of users. Our role is mediation and arbitration, and we will exercise a neutral viewpoint in order to do this effectively.

tl;dr No refunds.

fucking hell, they apparently don't care about their shattered reputation if they do this lol

We have over 100,000 active users on our core platform, of which 98% or so have never even heard of this ICO. We have a considerable user base on MintPal (which we recently acquired), and a general sentiment poll has shown overwhelmingly positive results.

We have continued to clearly communicate to the general public, and with any other coins, you would have been out of luck by now. If Syscoin fix the bugs that have popped up with their product since launch, we can see no legal or actual reason to process refunds. If they fail to do so, and have made a complete lack of progress, then we will have no choice but to terminate the partnership and process refunds. At this stage however, the Syscoin team has done a good job of fixing the issues that have popped up since launch.

I am tired of the day traders and usual clowns spreading their usual FUD. By all means, continue to do so - but it will have no effect. While we are showing no bias to the Syscoin team, we pay absolutely zero attention to FUD.

q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:31:13 PM

you should be sorry  Cool
thetruth123123

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:31:41 PM

Who wants to take bets on not getting refunds?
Betting 10 Bitcoin on not getting any.
Moolah could do the escrow.
dasdasdasdasdasd

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:33:50 PM

tl;dr No refunds.

We have over 100,000 active users on our core platform, of which 98% or so have never even heard of this ICO. We have a considerable user base on MintPal (which we recently acquired), and a general sentiment poll has shown overwhelmingly positive results.

We have continued to clearly communicate to the general public, and with any other coins, you would have been out of luck by now. If Syscoin fix the bugs that have popped up with their product since launch, we can see no legal or actual reason to process refunds. If they fail to do so, and have made a complete lack of progress, then we will have no choice but to terminate the partnership and process refunds. At this stage however, the Syscoin team has done a good job of fixing the issues that have popped up since launch.

I am tired of the day traders and usual clowns spreading their usual FUD. By all means, continue to do so - but it will have no effect. While we are showing no bias to the Syscoin team, we pay absolutely zero attention to FUD.

Are you  fucking kidding me?
You're one of the biggest Syscoin holders.
SeaSoul

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:33:57 PM

Why)?
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:34:04 PM

tl;dr No refunds.

CEO, you forget the price is destroyed, it should be stable above 600+ sat, but now it is 400 sat because damages were done. If no refund, will you make buy support to help us and the dev team? ICO investors shouldn't lose money due to a failed launch.
slex

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:35:19 PM

That's like having your new car break down a block away from the dealership and the salesman telling you that IT WORKED WHEN IT STARTED!

Our obligation to you was fulfilled! The car started and moved a few meters!

The obligation from the dealership has actually been fulfilled at that point. The warranty then covers repair.

... I have had the exact same scenario happen to me.

slex

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:36:03 PM

tl;dr No refunds.

Personally? I guess I am. If the coins fail, I am fine. If the coin does not, I am fine. I stand to lose nothing either way.

DreamSpace

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:36:22 PM

tl;dr No refunds.

its a good idea to release the funds staggered, which ensures the progress of development and is also lowering the pressure to just "finish" things and it should bring some calming down effect.

+1
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:36:47 PM

I am kidding bro, do your thing, continue to create crypto history will check above out, I check everything out and give a chance I am trying to minimize BTC I do that with also
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:37:20 PM

tl;dr No refunds.

Does this have to be an all-or-nothing situation? I think the coin has a bright future but I'm not happy to see other investors who had no faith in the ICO are able to buy it so much cheaper than I did. Would you consider a "good faith" refund of 10% of funds invested to compensate for all these issues? Thank you.
victorteoh

Activity: 334

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:38:13 PM

tl;dr No refunds.

Personally? I guess I am. If the coins fail, I am fine. If the coin does not, I am fine. I stand to lose nothing either way.

what do u mean by you're not be taking current price into account? If a refund occurs, what would be the price? Is it 465btc at 468sats and 1035 btc at 518 sats?

▄▄█████████▄                    ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄█████████████████▄             ▄████████████████▄
   █████            ▀█████        ▄█████            █████
  ████                 █████    █████                 ████
 ███                    ▀████    ██                     ███
▐███                      █████                         ▐███
███▌                        ████           ▐████████████████
▐███                         ▀████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ████                   ██▄    █████                    ▄▄▄
  ████                ██████    ▀████▄                ▄███
   ▀█████          ███████        ▀█████▄          ▄████▀
      █████████████████              ▀████████████████▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀                      ▀▀██████▀▀
  æ t e r n i t y
  The Oracle Machine
          ██
      ▄██ ██ ██▄
     ▐██  ██  ██
     ▐██      ██
     ▐██  ▄▄  ██
     ▐██▄▐██ ▄██
       ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
      ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
     ▐██ ▐██ ▀██
     ▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
     ▐██     ▐██
     ▐██ ▐██ ▄██
      ▀█ ▐██ █▀
         ▐██
✅ Unchained Smart Contracts
✅ Decentralized Oracle
✅ Turing-Complete
✅ State-Channels
✅ Infinitly Scalable
     ██
 ▄██ ██ ██▄
▐██  ██  ██
▐██      ██
▐██  ▄▄  ██
▐██▄▐██ ▄██
  ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
 ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
▐██ ▐██ ▀██
▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
▐██     ▐██
▐██ ▐██ ▄██
 ▀█ ▐██ █▀
    ▐██
[ WHITEPAPER]                     ██
                   ▄██▌
                  ████
                ▄█████
              ▄██████▌
             ████████
           ▄█████████   ▄▄▄▄
          █████████████████▀
        ▄████████████████▀
       ██▀▀▀▀▀ █████████
              ▐███████▀
              ██████▀
              █████▀
             ▐███▀
             ███
             █▀
(en)Lightning
Smart Contracts
|TESTNET|
helmet

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:38:20 PM

I, like many don't have to re-download the blockchain. The amount of people with this problem is a small amount.

So if you close your wallet and reopen it, it shows up?  Not just in the system tray?

Of course. I'm running it on two different Win 7 x64 boxes with no issues with needing to delete and redownload anything. I've opened and closed my wallet 100 times trying to break it to no avail. Many others have done the same. Getting ready to test it on some vista x32 and a vista x64 sitting here.
slex

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:38:49 PM

tl;dr No refunds.

Does this have to be an all-or-nothing situation? I think the coin has a bright future but I'm not happy to see other investors who had no faith in the ICO are able to buy it so much cheaper than I did. Would you consider a "good faith" refund of 10% of funds invested to compensate for all these issues? Thank you.

We have already done an ICO level buy-wall refund of 250 BTC.

TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:40:01 PM

What a shitstorm. So many pussies in here.
This is crypto, no such thing as a risk free investment. Quit your fucking whining
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: