Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:02:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
Grifftech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:41:14 PM

Price is growing in anticipation of the next PoW phase. Smiley

So this phase is 100% PoS?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trezi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:46:02 PM

Price is growing in anticipation of the next PoW phase. Smiley

So this phase is 100% PoS?

Yes until block 50000.
onecent

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:54:06 AM

Alright i have bought in.

Crazy how under-looked and undervalued this coin is right now.

Summary for anyone asking why:

-Developers working on this coin full time! These guys are the real deal, just open the wallet and you will see what i mean
-Most beautiful and full featured wallet I have ever seen(integrated block explorer, irc channel, market data statistics)  
-Upcoming Worlds first torrent/blockchain browser allowing for a decentralized web browsing network; its own darknet!, finally a place to use your coins!
-Possible integration of the worlds first decentralized Marketplace
-Guaranteed implementation of integrated exchange! easily buy and sell coins without having to go outside the client!
-A more fairer way of distribution: mix of POW and POS before going full POS at 2% p.a (No more wasting electricity or being in a hash-power rat race)
-Planned implementation of Anonymity

And a tonne of other features, I have only scratched the surface of what's to come.

Look at the marketcap for this coin right now and tell me your not hallucinating.

The social media marketing campaign has barely even started, once that starts picking up, you better believe the current 53rd position on coinmarketcap will be nothing more but a pipe dream.

+1
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:50:23 AM

-Developers working on this coin full time! These guys are the real deal, just open the wallet and you will see what i mean
-Most beautiful and full featured wallet I have ever seen(integrated block explorer, irc channel, market data statistics)  
-Upcoming Worlds first torrent/blockchain browser allowing for a decentralized web browsing network; its own darknet!, finally a place to use your coins!
-Guaranteed implementation of integrated exchange! easily buy and sell coins without having to go outside the client!
-A more fairer way of distribution: mix of POW and POS before going full POS at 2% p.a (No more wasting electricity or being in a hash-power rat race)

And a tonne of other features, I have only scratched the surface of what's to come.

Look at the marketcap for this coin right now and tell me your not hallucinating.

The social media marketing campaign has barely even started, once that starts picking up, you better believe the current 53rd position on coinmarketcap will be nothing more but a pipe dream.

Positive post - nice one, but I must say NXT already offer a decentralized marketplace.  Would be nice if SC could do something in that way - but "world first" is not actually true.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:08:32 AM

I hope we can overtake blackcoins position soon Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:10:57 AM

Thank you sir - my english is not that good and yes I can get confused with some words.

Better then ! 

Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:24:26 AM

Positive post - nice one, but I must say NXT already offer a decentralized marketplace.  Would be nice if SC could do something in that way - but "world first" is not actually true.

I would call the nxt market place more like an asset exchange. All you can do on it is issue tokens and buy and sell them.

I'm talking marketplace as in ebay, Silk road, cryptothrift, openbazzar(AKA darkmarket) Buying and selling goods and services through listing items.

The market place I am referring to would be worlds first.

Nxt forum boards have discussed implementing it:

https://nxtforum.org/meta-forum/own-board-for-decentralized-anonymous-marketplace/?PHPSESSID=fou9s9l6bolhnib5jpbf7olce4

&

https://nxtforum.org/trading-exchanges/350-000-nxt-bounty-physical-goods-store/

And they don't say anywhere that an asset exchange == Decentralized Marketplace

So you are wrong but I can see how you might of got confused.

I was just wondering if something like that is possible and could be implemented safely in the wallet.
I have heard that TOR is going to be incorporated somehow.

What would be great is if there was a way to do direct, trustless BTC/SC trading via the wallet itself and free SC from exchanges.
What would also be great would be for easy and secure access to a trading platform (perhaps via TOR?)
thomastaylor

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:53:45 AM

Are there some give-aways?

I haven't found something like this in this thread.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:35:01 AM

The social media marketing campaign has barely even started, once that starts picking up, you better believe the current 53rd position on coinmarketcap will be nothing more than a pipe dream.

Couldn't agree more, this coin has real potential. Devs have done a fantastic job so far.
mrwalker1750

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:54:33 AM

Is there a richlist?
cryptowest

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:40:25 AM

In order to maintain the price, should stop POW,

this... hardfork POW out. community will agree.
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:24:03 AM

I argued for the cut of the PoW earlier.  After having many discussions with the team I support their decision to use the second pow stage.

Silk will only have about 62 Million coins at the end of second PoW.  Blackcoin has a similar amount and is trading at around 30,000 sat.  Whle I think Blackcoin is a good coin, silk coin in my opinion has a far superior wallet and also a true dev team working on it.  Having seen the inside of their operation I have been very impressed Smiley

If you wait to purchase you may get a better deal, but you could also miss out on the upswing and end up paying more.  I know they have a ton of marketing efforts in the wings... this price will probably not last.

Judge Cypto
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:48:36 AM

I don't think the 2nd PoW phase should be forked out. Hard forks themselves are bad for coins in general.. and I think the second phase of PoW could be a good thing- it should get the attention of new miners and investors and help with a more even distribution.
B737

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:36:38 AM

Fully agree. The 2nd PoW phase is really putting us on hold now and I'm even considering to sell now and buy back after the dump.

The people who want to get in now, can just buy in for the current bargain price....no need for another PoW round. Another advantage is that the amount in circulation stays lower, which means a higher price.

Edit: just read the posts above me, all valid. Both has its pro's and cons.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 08:10:55 AM

Having seen the inside of their operation I have been very impressed Smiley

Judge Cypto

What do you mean by this?
judgecrypto is a part of our SilkCoin Team that is what he means by this. As a team member he has seen what we have that's coming in the next 1-2 weeks. When you see it when it launches you guys will also be impressed Wink
marti

Activity: 206

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:51:33 AM

Introducing Operation Shock & Awe

What is Operation Shock & Awe?

Operation Shock & Awe is the internal name for a social initiative spearheaded through a series of giveaways from various outlets. The aim of operation shock and awe is to do a blitz of SilkCoin and get as many people as possible to hear about SilkCoin, download our wallet, learn about our features and in the process get listed on further exchanges.

How will Operation Shock & Awe work?

Operation Shock & Awe is a 2-part initiative.

Part 1, which is currently underway and will continue all the way through to the 2nd PoW phase, will be used to spread the word around about SilkCoin and in turn get listed on MintPal. This will provide us some stability and foundation going through to the 2nd PoW phase.

Part 2, which will collerate with the start of the 2nd Pow phase, will be a full on social media blitz to get as many people as possible to hear about SilkCoin. We already have some big crypto names in social media lined up ready for part 2. The names of these social media accounts will be anounced at the start of part 2.

Who are the current participants on Part 1?

All Crypto All Day
CryptoSandwich

Between the 2 above Twitter accounts, they have a following of over 36 000 people. SilkCoin will be tweeted about daily to each of these 36 000 followers.

CryptoSandwich is in charge of our MintPal voting campaign that can be found here : http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,858.0.html

Each voter will receive 15 SC per vote. There are additional prizes which include a 15 000 SC grand prize to the person who votes the most along with 2 500 SC prizes each for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place voters

What can I do to help?

1. Vote for us on MintPal and post here : http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,858.0.html to claim your 15 SC rewards
2. Retweet this : https://twitter.com/CryptoSandwich/status/470789069430333443 with the handle #silkcoin
3. Retweet all #silkcoin tweets from All Crypto All Day
4. Tweet what you like most about Silkcoin with the handle #silkcoin

*This is the first of many announcements to come.

coinzen.org is down from many hours, any infos ?

www.CoinsSource.com | Your Alternative-Currency Information Source
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 09:31:30 AM

Having seen the inside of their operation I have been very impressed Smiley

Judge Cypto

What do you mean by this?
judgecrypto is a part of our SilkCoin Team that is what he means by this. As a team member he has seen what we have that's coming in the next 1-2 weeks. When you see it when it launches you guys will also be impressed Wink

Shocked

What you guys have coming has not been made public yet? So it has nothing to do with the "eco-system"??
Yes, there are some major announcements that are not related to the eco-system that will be coming out very soon. Stay tuned...
jorrr

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:54:46 AM

I really like this coin, BUT.... i have to say

Second POW will be huge multipool festival  Grin Grin every pool will mine this and dump until price is under 1000 satoshi

Sell now and buy back double amount of coins from multipool dumping

Scrypt algo => nice  Roll Eyes
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 10:18:36 AM

The social media marketing campaign has barely even started, once that starts picking up, you better believe the current 53rd position on coinmarketcap will be nothing more than a pipe dream.

Couldn't agree more, this coin has real potential. Devs have done a fantastic job so far.
This post is a great summary for those who want to know why they should invest into SilkCoin.
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 10:23:35 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 10:49:55 AM by Wulfcastle

The argument has been made about the dumping during the first phase that it would create a fair distribution.  Those same coins are STILL available on exchanges.  Their presence on the exchanges creates a fair distribution as was the developers argument when people were dumping during the first proof of work.

So if there is already a fair distribution system why do the second proof of work.  The only argument left would be for better visibility.  If you dump another 25 million coins you would have to get much more visibility out of it during the second proof of work to offset.  In the end the price will be less.  Why would it be more popular than during the first proof of work?  It can be argued that a total of 14 days of Proof of Work is an unfair distribution.  There will always be that argument.

Another point...  Scrypt mining is inherently unfair currently for distribution.  You can go to nicehash right now and since Proof of Work will only be for 7 days I can contract hundreds of Giga Hashes of mining for a couple of thousand of dollars.  How is this fair to the miner who has a couple of video cards and can muster maybe 2 Mhash?  Should they have to buy hash power?  The current Proof of Work model favors RICH people not a fair distribution model.

Silk coin CURRENTLY has more coins than Bitcoin or Litecoin, the number 1 and 2 coins on coinmarketcap.

A second proof of work will be UNFAIR.  As mentioned earlier short Proof of Work periods allow for people to contract mine for short periods.  If you really wanted to be fair the Proof of Work should be for a longer period.  Now that I know the second proof of work is a GO I can just go to my Nicehash.com account and point several bitcoins of hash during the second proof of work so I get a large portion of those coins and subsequently raise the difficulty so that regular miners will get a lot less coin.  How is that fair?  In that case they might as well go and buy them from an exchange, which is what they can do today.

The value of this coin has NOTHING to do with the distribution.  No 14 day distribution will be fair.  It has to do with wallet innovation and a working PoS.  Think about that.

Judge Crypto
www.judgecrypto.com
1) Scrypt mining is just as fair for distribution as other algorithms. Anyone can go over to betarigs.com and rent rigs with over 100MHs for X/11, SHA-3 Keccak, Scrypt-Jane and Scrypt-N.

2) The price people are willing to pay to buy SilkCoin is directly proportional to the total supply of SilkCoin. To put this into perspective let's take 2 scenarios and say that SilkCoin has a constant market cap of 3000 BTC in both scenarios. In scenario one we have 30 Million SC, since there are fewer coins people are willing to pay more for them and would pay 10K satoshis for 1 SilkCoin. In scenario two we have 60 Million SC in existence, since there are more coins people are going to pay less for 1 SilkCoin, this time around they pay 5K satoshis for 1 SC.

Now lets say in scenario 1 you invested 5 BTC into SilkCoin at 10K satoshis per/SC that equates to 500 000 SC (out of 30 Million Coins) which is 0.016% of the total supple of SilkCoin

Now lets say in scenario 2 you invested 5 BTC into SilkCoin at 5K satoshis per/SC that equates to 1 000 000 SC  (out of 60 Million Coins) which is 0.016% of the total supple of SilkCoin

3) I'm not sure if you mentioned this earlier or if it was someone else, but what was said was a comparison of how once the supply of DarkCoin was cut by 75% the hype around the coin increased and subsequently the price increased. As I mentioned earlier the immediate effect of decreasing the supply will lead to a price increase, but not a direct increase in market cap. The market there was just adjusting to the new supply.

4) People invest money into innovation, people who want to invest in SilkCoin will be investing in our innovation, not because we have a very low supply of coins. If Bitcoin had 1 Billion coins, I guarantee you it would be just as successful as it is now.

5) If we hold a vote for the fate of the 2nd Phase, it will be extremely biased, as naturally all SilkCoin early-adopters, will want their coins to be "rarer".

6) The 2nd PoW phase will be critical to the success of SilkCoin, currently there are many lurkers in our thread waiting for the 2nd PoW to pounce it's glaringly obvious when you look at the thread's view count. The 2nd PoW phase will bring a lot of visibility to SilkCoin and will no doubt push us up higher in the long term, even if the price falls a bit while the market adjusts to the new supply.
To all those who are worried about the 2nd PoW phase, this is a discussion judgecrypto and myself had earlier in this thread. As for the price, I predict that once the 2nd PoW launches there will be an immediate spike in price (due to new people entering the market), followed by drop to pre-spike price levels as some miners dump their coins for a quick buck.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: