Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:54:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 07:35:01 PM

We are happy to propose SilkCoin on Kingcoiny !

Happy trading! https://www.kingcoiny.com/index.php?page=trade&market=17

That's terrific! Been following your shots on Dribbble about KingCoiny for a while now. Easily the best looking exchange out there. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bep42

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:13:31 PM

We are happy to propose SilkCoin on Kingcoiny !

Happy trading! https://www.kingcoiny.com/index.php?page=trade&market=17

That's terrific! Been following your shots on Dribbble about KingCoiny for a while now. Easily the best looking exchange out there. Wink

Thanks a lot! Now you can play with it! And we definitely need you all !
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:04:33 PM

I bought 500k SC at 0.00001 and sold it at below 0.00002 ... Now I regret that because it is really hard now to acquire such a big position. I really like the energy of this community. If there is a big correction, I might join back in!

Just buy in now and get people to panic buy and boost the price even more Smiley

My investment philosophy is to never buy coins that performed well in the last few days/weeks. The potential return of those coins is way lower than new/unknown coins. But I gladly rebuy in correctional phases, because if this currency is really implementing second generation features, this might get huge!

Well when aur went 10x from 1USD to 10 USD Your strategy would be not to invest..well aur went 10x more even after that though :-)

Same might be with Silkcoin. I understand you want buy in again in correction phase, but trust me, there wont be any. Many people are waiting for this. Including me and I can purchase a lot.

Silkcoin is something unique, we are not riding the "anon wave" but if we would Silkcoin would rival darkcoin.

This coin has great devs (and team - looking at you judge and wulf!) + passionate community. There is so little toxicity in this thread it is amazing. Propably because there is so much work done around Silkcoin. Just look fast are voting on mintpal!

You might want to wait, but one new feature + mintpal and Silkcoin will explode. And then it will be too late.
Grifftech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:12:25 PM

I bought 500k SC at 0.00001 and sold it at below 0.00002 ... Now I regret that because it is really hard now to acquire such a big position. I really like the energy of this community. If there is a big correction, I might join back in!

Just buy in now and get people to panic buy and boost the price even more Smiley

My investment philosophy is to never buy coins that performed well in the last few days/weeks. The potential return of those coins is way lower than new/unknown coins. But I gladly rebuy in correctional phases, because if this currency is really implementing second generation features, this might get huge!

Well when aur went 10x from 1USD to 10 USD Your strategy would be not to invest..well aur went 10x more even after that though :-)

Same might be with Silkcoin. I understand you want buy in again in correction phase, but trust me, there wont be any. Many people are waiting for this. Including me and I can purchase a lot.

Silkcoin is something unique, we are not riding the "anon wave" but if we would Silkcoin would rival darkcoin.

This coin has great devs (and team - looking at you judge and wulf!) + passionate community. There is so little toxicity in this thread it is amazing. Propably because there is so much work done around Silkcoin. Just look fast are voting on mintpal!

You might want to wait, but one new feature + mintpal and Silkcoin will explode. And then it will be too late.
I hope so!!  I would love to be able to pay off me and my wife's debt as a surprise to her Smiley
BohemianStalker

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:22:56 PM

I hope so!!  I would love to be able to pay off me and my wife's debt as a surprise to her Smiley

Just be responsible and sell only when you think the price is unsustainable, and never sell all. If we can be responsible as community and maintain steady growth of silkcoin we will all benefit Smiley
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 09:32:35 PM

The first mistake comparing SC or any other goodinvestment with Aurora.

I am mainly a value investor and not a speculator. So a coin that adds literally no value and is inflated by the fact that it had literally no coins free floating and thus creating scarcity that didn't exist was a fail!

SC is a good coin beause it adds value to the altcoinmarkt and this is good because only coins that add value will be worth something in a months time , or lets say a few months time!

The reason I invested in to SC was because I saw its value, and I also made a goal where I would sell it. Little did i know that the point was reached rather fast (witin a day!).

SC might rise in price, but 10x market cap in BTC is highly unlikely if major adoption doesn't happen.

So putting all your hopes into SC multiplying its value is not a good bet Wink

Grifftech

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:35:04 PM

Just be responsible and sell only when you think the price is unsustainable, and never sell all. If we can be responsible as community and maintain steady growth of silkcoin we will all benefit Smiley
agreed, anything at this point helps Smiley I have been mining other coins for a few months and have sold those at decent times and have invested that money into SC
BohemianStalker

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:54:23 PM

The first mistake comparing SC or any other goodinvestment with Aurora.

I am mainly a value investor and not a speculator. So a coin that adds literally no value and is inflated by the fact that it had literally no coins free floating and thus creating scarcity that didn't exist was a fail!

SC is a good coin beause it adds value to the altcoinmarkt and this is good because only coins that add value will be worth something in a months time , or lets say a few months time!

The reason I invested in to SC was because I saw its value, and I also made a goal where I would sell it. Little did i know that the point was reached rather fast (witin a day!).

SC might rise in price, but 10x market cap in BTC is highly unlikely if major adoption doesn't happen.

So putting all your hopes into SC multiplying its value is not a good bet Wink

Well we could argue what does the  "value" really mean. Auroracoin's value was not in better wallet or anything technical, it was in a great way of reaching out many people. Around 30 000 Icelanders got their coins...It was only possible thanks to smart usage of Icelandic ID electronic system. This was a new approach to massive adoption and I saw value in that. But I understand you invest according tot echnical value and thats allright Smiley

10xmarketcap would shoot us around vertcoin as I said we need one good feature Smiley And I agree we need major adoption - this burden is upon us though, we must spread the word Smiley

I am certainly not putting my hope solely on SC I always divide my total investment portfolio into 50 even chunks Smiley And sometimes when I feel real potential I go double  Smiley

Well enough with offtopic.

Lets just concluded that Silkcoin is a great coin and buying now is certainly a viable option Smiley
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 09:56:00 PM

Let's not forget Quantum Wink
tbear

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:03:43 PM

I sent some coins to poloniex using the old wallet, is there anything I can do to get my coins back?

Old wallet will work until fork @ block 50,000 as far as i'm aware. Your coins should be fine :-)
Grifftech

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:04:23 PM

What is Quantum?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 10:12:55 PM

Well we could argue what does the  "value" really mean. Auroracoin's value was not in better wallet or anything technical, it was in a great way of reaching out many people. Around 30 000 Icelanders got their coins...It was only possible thanks to smart usage of Icelandic ID electronic system. This was a new approach to massive adoption and I saw value in that. But I understand you invest according tot echnical value and thats allright Smiley

10xmarketcap would shoot us around vertcoin as I said we need one good feature Smiley And I agree we need major adoption - this burden is upon us though, we must spread the word Smiley

I am certainly not putting my hope solely on SC I always divide my total investment portfolio into 50 even chunks Smiley And sometimes when I feel real potential I go double  Smiley

Well enough with offtopic.

Lets just concluded that Silkcoin is a great coin and buying now is certainly a viable option Smiley

Distribution is not really an argument. Adoption would be, but as the coin was banned in Iceland, this would not have happend in the near future anyway.

The whole auroracoin thing was planned as a scam and that is why they failed (well I call it like that) so miserably.

@SC: Major adoption won't happen because you have a pretty client or because you have a decentralised social site. You need to distance yourself from the mass.

One way would be to make use of that excellant name and offer a decentralised and anonymous ebay style goods market (well mor like Silk-Road). This would be extremely awesome and the price would explode for sure. Because you can market that thing extremely well.

The problem is that NXT and Dark-Market will exactly do that, so being the second or third can mean enormous disadvantages in adoption.

But lets see how the digital goods store will work out. I am stoked and loaded with NXT I bought cheaply!

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 10:14:34 PM

Lets see, current rate is 2000 satoshi each. 10x would be 20k satoshi each or 0.0002 each. That would put it in a marketcap of 3.5 million. It would rank 17th, just behind quark, vertcoin and XC. This doesn't seem unreasonable. But lets be conservative and say 5x, that would put us at $1.75 million. That would put us at 24th place, just behind Maxcoin, Megacoin and InfiniteCoin. I see Silkcoin to be more innovtive than these coins and a 5x increase seems very resonable. A 10x increase would completely depend on the eco-system and its real world utility which is still a complete unknown.

I am optimistic ofcourse that if the dev's follow through with their roadmap then we are going up in terms of bitcoin by multiples, the amount of multiples is anyones guess.

Now, we would go straight to the top 10 if the devs implement the marketplace which allows the free selling of anything. This alone would create a lot of buzz and media attention. People using blackmarkets in TOR would flock to the silkcoin marketplace. Actually I would love if their would be a community driven voting system where certain types of goods could be voted to be taken off the market. In other words the community decides what is allowed or not allowed to be sold on the marketplace. This would remove the developers responsibility to flag certain goods and put it into the communities hands.

Also think of the implications of just selling everyday goods on the marketplace instead of ebay, no more 10% fees per item and little to no more listing restrictions. A marketplace owned by all of us.

The OpenBazzar project (AKA darkmarket) has seen a lot of media attention and buzz already just imagine if the eco-system beats them too it, silkcoin would become a household name.

So when you say 10x is highly unlikely it should be rephrased to a "complete unknown", as you are just judging from your previous trade experiences. The reality is the market does not know or has decided what the value of silkcoin will be with these never before seen innovations.

I answered most points in the post above, but yes I have to agree, 10x in price would be easy with decentralised anonymous market place. But as I understand the devs distanced themselves from that Idea, so there is that.

m5j0r

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:31:13 PM

@devs: nice OP, nice presentation!
dunno about the coin but this is one of the best first posts in a long while. 'nuff said Smiley
BitcoinKiosk

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:07:15 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 02:27:53 AM by BitcoinKiosk

Lets see, current rate is 2000 satoshi each. 10x would be 20k satoshi each or 0.0002 each. That would put it in a marketcap of 3.5 million. It would rank 17th, just behind quark, vertcoin and XC. This doesn't seem unreasonable. But lets be conservative and say 5x, that would put us at $1.75 million. That would put us at 24th place, just behind Maxcoin, Megacoin and InfiniteCoin. I see Silkcoin to be more innovtive than these coins and a 5x increase seems very resonable. A 10x increase would completely depend on the eco-system and its real world utility which is still a complete unknown.

I am optimistic ofcourse that if the dev's follow through with their roadmap then we are going up in terms of bitcoin by multiples, the amount of multiples is anyones guess.

Now, we would go straight to the top 10 if the devs implement the marketplace which allows the free selling of anything. This alone would create a lot of buzz and media attention. People using blackmarkets in TOR would flock to the silkcoin marketplace. Actually I would love if their would be a community driven voting system where certain types of goods could be voted to be taken off the market. In other words the community decides what is allowed or not allowed to be sold on the marketplace. This would remove the developers responsibility to flag certain goods and put it into the communities hands.

Also think of the implications of just selling everyday goods on the marketplace instead of ebay, no more 10% fees per item and little to no more listing restrictions. A marketplace owned by all of us.

The OpenBazzar project (AKA darkmarket) has seen a lot of media attention and buzz already just imagine if the eco-system beats them too it, silkcoin would become a household name.

So when you say 10x is highly unlikely it should be rephrased to a "complete unknown", as you are just judging from your previous trade experiences. The reality is the market does not know or has decided what the value of silkcoin will be with these never before seen innovations.

(Note: I am a fan of Terrence Mckenna and a lot of his philosophy on certain mind altering substances, It is not as simple as "drugs are bad Mmmmkayyy", i'll just leave it at that)
 https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Terrence+Mckenna

The "silkcoin marketplace" <-- doesn't that look and sound perfect? If more developers get envolved to work exclusively on the eco-system/marketplace it could rival the bazaar or integrate the bazaar into the wallet. No one knows what will work best, but this could end up inspiring new projects or becoming a huge project in itself. A 3.5mil market cap will change everything and this will start looking like BC development with that level of investment money flowing in. -Wont you be glad you held your coins then?

Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:38:15 AM

(Note: I am a fan of Terrence Mckenna and a lot of his philosophy on certain mind altering substances, It is not as simple as "drugs are bad Mmmmkayyy", i'll just leave it at that)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vhqx0CKiA

Quoted for agreement.
bluepixie

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:46:17 AM

My thoughts on Silkcoin and the next POW.  I was lucky enough to mine silkcoin on ipominer.com  from the very first. I have five rigs GPU mining with a total of 8 MgH. I was getting around 1000-1500 coins a day.  I dont think very many people were renting RIGs to mine it because it was right after Whitecoin  and Asiacoin, and  evryone saw it as a pump and dump. This next POW will be much diffrent. I would be suprised if anyone will have a RIG for rent. I think there will be 10 times the GH on it on this next POW. That means that I will be getting around 100-150 coins a day. You can do the math on this. Miners will have to cover their costs. Silk coin will go upto 8000 or 9000 satoshi just from the mininers trying to sell for what they have put in it. I watched it go down to 500sat  and all the way to 3500sat. I feel that even at 3500 sat Silkcoin is very underpriced. It is on par with Blackcoin for sure and that is trading 27000 sat.  Just my thoughts. I say BUY,BUY,BUY!!!

silk: BGBAs75ApT81uGLQZN7qdzrUVj8DXiYscF
piggy: pbDUdRPkhoxTGLmrXp4wuMgwoHbUfgrTW8
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:54:45 AM

I think this wallet development is more interesting than anon. Nice job so far!
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:37:09 AM

What is Quantum?

Quantum is a very dedicated member of the Silk Team Smiley
zlm2201

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:12:24 AM

let me see it , :)the best wallet
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: