Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:39:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
Grifftech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:01:00 PM

Guys I deleted everything in my Silkcoin folder EXCEPT wallet.dat as my wallet kept showing out of sync but now when I reopen it I show 0 coins and that is still not synced but it is syncing on the small icon. Have I lost my coins even though I kept the wallet.dat??
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:16:01 PM

Guys I deleted everything in my Silkcoin folder EXCEPT wallet.dat as my wallet kept showing out of sync but now when I reopen it I show 0 coins and that is still not synced but it is syncing on the small icon. Have I lost my coins even though I kept the wallet.dat??
You don't have to worry you haven't lost your coins. Your wallet is still syncing. Once it syncs to the block when you deposited those coins into your wallet, then it will appear once again.
Grifftech

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:19:58 PM

You don't have to worry you haven't lost your coins. Your wallet is still syncing. Once it syncs to the block when you deposited those coins into your wallet, then it will appear once again.

Whew, thank you Smiley I just noticed my first transaction show up and I wondered if that is what was going to happen Smiley
Quantum12

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:24:34 PM

⚠  ⚠   Wallet Update - HARD FORK - UPDATE MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE  ⚠  ⚠
Mac, Windows & Linux available NOW fully compatible & BEAUTIFUL

As you may all know we finally decided to reduce the block reward in the next POW phase to please the community. There was a lot of arguments for and against the last phase so to please everyone since both sides had very valid points we decided to keep the last phase BUT reduce the block reward to 2500. So there will be 2x less coins generated in the last phase.

Total expected coins at the end of last phase : ~45 million

EVERYONE MUST UPDATE BEFORE POW, else you may send transactions on the wrong chain and lose your coins.
We deleted all pools from the OP, when you updated your client post in the thread we will add you back to the original post and website.

So now let's see this new version, better than words :

We worked very hard to release this update so fast fully compatible on all OS, we will now have more free time to get you updates from the eco-system front !

A white paper is in the writing but the system we're building is so complex the white paper will be quite long.
Just a few word this time, no this is not a darknet more a social network with unique usernames stored in the blockchain and all kind of infos shared via p2p everything working with pub/priv keys.

We'll give more and more infos quite soon so even before the whitepaper you all start to understand the way this system functions, for the moment enjoy the new update and..

Spread the word : MANDATORY UPDATE BEFORE POW BLOCK 50 000 OR RISK LOSING COINS

whatthefugg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:43:11 PM

⚠  ⚠   Wallet Update - HARD FORK - UPDATE MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE  ⚠  ⚠

As you may all know we finally decided to reduce the block reward in the next POW phase to please the community. There was a lot of arguments for and against the last phase so to please everyone since both sides had very valid points we decided to keep the last phase BUT reduce the block reward to 2500. So there will be 2x less coins generated in the last phase.

EVERYONE MUST UPDATE BEFORE POW, else you may send transactions on the wrong chain and lose your coins.
We deleted all pools from the OP, when you updated your client post in the thread we will add you back to the original post and website.

We worked very hard to release this update so fast fully compatible on all OS, we will now have more free time to get you updates from the eco-system front !

A white paper is in the writing but the system we're building is so complex the white paper will be quite long.
Just a few word this time, no this is not a darknet more a social network with unique usernames stored in the blockchain and all kind of infos shared via p2p everything working with pub/priv keys.

We'll give more and more infos quite soon so even before the whitepaper you all start to understand the way this system functions, for the moment enjoy the new update and..

All of my SC are on an exchange wallet. I'm not able to store them in the SC wallet because my computer isnt working atm and I only have access through my android phone. Will they still be ok after POW?
arguelles84

Activity: 285

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:01:11 PM

Is the price dip expected after POW or during?

This coin has such a great team behind it, the potential is just huge.

New miners mean more exposure but the extra supply may cancel that out or overwhelm the market. The dev's bring new updates and features every week so It also depends what they announce during the next phase.

OK. But typically, does the extra supply saturate the market usually during the POW phase, or just right after?

If its normal miners they will probably hold , i have said it a million times , if you open the wallet , you know you better hold your coins as the price is low tbh,

Now multipools are a different matter, they may mine and dump as the price is good, we expect a certain amount of drop at this point , Our Chief Dev predicted this at launch and it was taken into consideration, but we felt the 2nd Pow phase would be unique and bring people to the wallet in droves having missed out initially, however due to community concerns we halved the block reward for 2nd pow .. this should at least limit some of the damage done by the multipools, but tbh if they want to sell me cheap coins they are welcome too

after all i HAVE opened the wallet and more fool them.

Thank you. I'm just after cheap coins myself. I did have 500k, sold half because I was afraid of the POW dump but looks like that probably isn't even going to happen. Kept the 300k just incase it started shooting for the moon and I miss my flight Smiley

The silk team are doing a wonderful job communicating with its community and IMO that's the most important thing, its all about confidence in the product after all.
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:12:12 PM

⚠  ⚠   Wallet Update - HARD FORK - UPDATE MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE  ⚠  ⚠

All of my SC are on an exchange wallet. I'm not able to store them in the SC wallet because my computer isnt working atm and I only have access through my android phone. Will they still be ok after POW?

What exchange is your SC stored in? If you're on Bittrex, Poloniex or KingCoiny, then you should be fine.
whatthefugg

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:26:43 PM

Bittrex. Cool I thought so, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the quick response, you guys are awesome and we all appreciate your hard work, this coin is going places, see you on the moon!
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:29:15 PM

Bittrex. Cool I thought so, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the quick response, you guys are awesome and we all appreciate your hard work, this coin is going places, see you on the moon!
No problem bud  Smiley
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 10:03:18 PM

Announcement

Win an Oculus Rift on Poloniex by Trading SilkCoin

Details

1. Any single trade on the SC/BTC market valued at 0.01 BTC or greater constitutes one entry into the competition

2. The number of trades made is important as it constitutes an entry into the competition. Volume is inconsequential. For example, 5 trades each with a value of 0.01 BTC will get you 5 entries, whereas 1 trade with a value of 0.05 BTC will get you 1 entry.

3. The more entries you make, the greater your chances of winning the competition

4. The competition runs from 05 June 2014 until the start of SilkCoin's 2nd PoW phase, projected to be on 12 June 2014

5. A winner will be randomly picked from the pool of entries

6. The winner will be announced by Poloniex at the end of the competition

Here's where to find info about the competition on Poloniex :

*This is the first of 3 major announcements that will be coming in the next 2 days!

Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:39:00 PM

Dang I wish my coins would have come out of staking faster. Earlier today i was going to sell a chunk at 2900 and I could have bought back in at 1900 now and increased my coin count Sad Just going to have to keep them out of staking for a bit while I try to increase the amount of coins I have.
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:00:57 PM

Dang I wish my coins would have come out of staking faster. Earlier today i was going to sell a chunk at 2900 and I could have bought back in at 1900 now and increased my coin count Sad Just going to have to keep them out of staking for a bit while I try to increase the amount of coins I have.

Even if you had sold them all for that price it would only take 1BTC on bittrex to push the price to 2700 sat...

People are not selling in quantity right now Smiley

Judge Crypto
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:04:21 PM

Even if you had sold them all for that price it would only take 1BTC on bittrex to push the price to 2700 sat...

People are not selling in quantity right now Smiley

Judge Crypto

Good point
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 11:07:55 PM

Is this coin legit? I figure silkroad is dead..

Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:57:45 PM

It is legit and this coin has nothing to do with "Silkroad" other than having the word "silk" in it's name
Silkcoin (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:37:46 AM

We have no link or affiliation with silkroad Smiley. Read OP, read a few pages all you will see our value in no where near silkroad.

Other subject : We're currently in the process of writing the white paper of the eco-sytem. And by the way, reading all your messages about the marketplace : current point of view of the dev team is that this is just too risky. Imagine a decentalized maketplace, I would not say it is worse or better than silkroad, but one thing is for sure : it will we targeted and shutdown, look at Coinye and this is only kanye west... It may be reconsidered in the future, but for now we'll release the social network & exchange first and we're currently focused on that.

The main point is we found a way to decentralize almost everything and this is major; The registration I told you about earlier is the basis of everything. Data is shared via p2p each node will have to stock a part of that data, with our current estimations of upload,messages,ect../user used space per node will be very small. But security measures have been integrated so that eavesdropping is almost impossible. That is also why, as I said earlier in another post there is a limitation in place which alows you to share profile/trades & co only with people you're "friends" with. And of course you've already guessed everything works with pub/priv keys, public key being associated with a username.

The white paper we're writing is exclusively about the "eco-sytem" because with this system as I told earlier, almost anything can be decentralized, once again Satoshi's greastest invention was the blockchain not the currency.

Last thing : as you saw earlier we always listen to the community so just imagine in what we could evolve with this system..

More infos soon....

We'll release an update of the wallet very soon to fix the few glitches present in the wallet we had to rush this release because of the hard fork.
Tomorrow we'll be 1 month old  Roll Eyes.
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:17:19 AM

We have no link or affiliation with silkroad Smiley. Read OP, read a few pages all you will see our value in no where near silkroad.

Other subject : We're currently in the process of writing the white paper of the eco-sytem. And by the way, reading all your messages about the marketplace : current point of view of the dev team is that this is just too risky. Imagine a decentalized maketplace, I would not say it is worse or better than silkroad, but one thing is for sure : it will we targeted and shutdown, look at Coinye and this is only kanye west... It may be reconsidered in the future, but for now we'll release the social network & exchange first and we're currently focused on that.

The main point is we found a way to decentralize almost everything and this is major; The registration I told you about earlier is the basis of everything. Data is shared via p2p each node will have to stock a part of that data, with our current estimations of upload,messages,ect../user used space per node will be very small. But security measures have been integrated so that eavesdropping is almost impossible. That is also why, as I said earlier in another post there is a limitation in place which alows you to share profile/trades & co only with people you're "friends" with. And of course you've already guessed everything works with pub/priv keys, public key being associated with a username.

The white paper we're writing is exclusively about the "eco-sytem" because with this system as I told earlier, almost anything can be decentralized, once again Satoshi's greastest invention was the blockchain not the currency.

Last thing : as you saw earlier we always listen to the community so just imagine in what we could evolve with this system..

More infos soon....

We'll release an update of the wallet very soon to fix the few glitches present in the wallet we had to rush this release because of the hard fork.
Tomorrow we'll be 1 month old  Roll Eyes.

This is why Silk Coin will be off the charts... If you don't stock up now you will be sorry Wink
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:26:17 AM

how long will the second POW stage last?
Things are looking pretty exciting with this coin HODL!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:36:22 AM

how long will the second POW stage last?
Things are looking pretty exciting with this coin HODL!

The second PoW will last about 7 days... then its all PoS...
BitcoinKiosk

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:55:54 AM

And by the way, reading all your messages about the marketplace : current point of view of the dev team is that this is just too risky. Imagine a decentalized maketplace, I would not say it is worse or better than silkroad, but one thing is for sure : it will we targeted and shutdown, look at Coinye and this is only kanye west... It may be reconsidered in the future, but for now we'll release the social network & exchange first and we're currently focused on that.

It's only risky if you are doing something illegal. Silkcoin should be completely legal items only.

I cant wait to beta test the new pathroads taken with the blockchain development social exchange and beyond.
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: