Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:45:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332068 times)
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 03:04:20 PM

It's Sunday, guys.

Patience.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:04:46 PM

So cheap... time to get some SC while it don't get to the moon.

I wonder how many folks are just now realizing how cheap this was today and why it was a value proposition. Seems like panic buys are coming in now.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

Get on exchange IRC's.
Trollboxes.

Talk about SC.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
temrus63

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:06:48 PM

I would say it would be:
the increase will be
rocket
up

any bids for purchase

just going to buy, raising the rate higher and higher

and then all bastards and panties that were sold will understand that they are beggars
and it was not necessary to sell SC
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:10:21 PM

We are 5 devs working on the code, at launch one of them looked the part of the address but since he's not used to Base58 encoding he checked https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding and thought 25 would be S. Remember we are multiple devs working on the code.
Regarding your coment cryptodevil, how can you say the first letter of the public key is the engine Wink?

We discovered it pretty soon, but what implication does this have? None. On the other hand would you really think it would be a good idea to change the address formatting after launch? No.
Anyway, how can anyone call this a problem? We have bigger problems to deal with, and if this is the only criticism you can make over Silk, well we're happy.

On other news, seeing the last nights dumps we will try to include the built-in exchanger in tomorrow's update to boost up confidence a bit in the market.
We are also trying our best to finish the revision of the paper as soon as possible. I hope you still liked the present released infos Wink.

Last thing, we are thinking about moving the thread to a self-mod thread. I was against that idea at first but seeing it's becoming impossible to have a civilized discussion/debate here because of the FUD & co we feel this our only option.

SC, right now we have a community started self-moderated thread which we did just to avoid all the children and their FUD! But I for one would like to see an "official" self-moderated thread we can move to.

One thing make sure whomever starts the thread is recognizable within the community and can dedicate the time needed to properly moderate it. Since only the person who creates the thread is the only one who can mod it unfortunately, can't assign someone to do it.

Also in the community self-modded thread we decided that it would be very prudent to not only delete blatant FUD but also any following comments that have quoted the FUD.

Thanks,
Griff
ymod123

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:17:55 PM

We are 5 devs working on the code, at launch one of them looked the part of the address but since he's not used to Base58 encoding he checked https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding and thought 25 would be S. Remember we are multiple devs working on the code.
Regarding your coment cryptodevil, how can you say the first letter of the public key is the engine Wink?

We discovered it pretty soon, but what implication does this have? None. On the other hand would you really think it would be a good idea to change the address formatting after launch? No.
Anyway, how can anyone call this a problem? We have bigger problems to deal with, and if this is the only criticism you can make over Silk, well we're happy.

On other news, seeing the last nights dumps we will try to include the built-in exchanger in tomorrow's update to boost up confidence a bit in the market.
We are also trying our best to finish the revision of the paper as soon as possible. I hope you still liked the present released infos Wink.

Last thing, we are thinking about moving the thread to a self-mod thread. I was against that idea at first but seeing it's becoming impossible to have a civilized discussion/debate here because of the FUD & co we feel this our only option.

SC, right now we have a community started self-moderated thread which we did just to avoid all the children and their FUD! But I for one would like to see an "official" self-moderated thread we can move to.

One thing make sure whomever starts the thread is recognizable within the community and can dedicate the time needed to properly moderate it. Since only the person who creates the thread is the only one who can mod it unfortunately, can't assign someone to do it.

Also in the community self-modded thread we decided that it would be very prudent to not only delete blatant FUD but also any following comments that have quoted the FUD.

Thanks,
Griff

whats the link?
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:29:18 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.0
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1254

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:44:44 PM

Thank you for asking these questions and vetting this out for the community. I for one now respect what you are doing as a simple investor and will be curious as to the response.

Do you want to know what the official Silkcoin response is to my concerns about the origin of this project, it's errors and omissions, versus the stated aims and bold ambitions?

The official Silkcoin response was to send me a pm and ask that, while they understood my concerns were real and not FUD, would I be so kind as to stop asking these awkward questions! 'Rob' on the 'Silkcoin' account, stated that, due to the current market conditions, it wasn't the 'best conversation' to be having right now.

I disagree, it is *exactly* because of the market conditions that we *should* be having this conversation right now and I don't appreciate being asked to keep quiet solely because the coin devs prefer fanboy coin-praising to hype the market, instead of a mature discussion about reasonable concerns which, were they to be properly addressed, would actually serve to strengthen the market's faith in this coin in the medium and long term, instead of pandering to the whims of the short-term gamblers who have bet their rent money on your promises.

On the one hand you want to overlook and downplay this claimed 'simple' error on the basis that one of your team didn't understand Base58 encoding and, after consulting the Check_encoding page, mistakenly believed '25' would equate to 'S' in the address format specification. Well that would be a reasonable claim to make if it wasn't for something you then went on to confirm, namely, that the source code is from Blackcoin, something we already knew.
Mistakes happen, and as I told you even when we saw it we never considered it as a flaw. . . .Anyway is it really worth talking about it for hours? . . . we had a lot of other issues to deal with, as an example testing if we could integrate the eco-system in the BC code since it was planned from start.

You see, the problem I have is that you knew you were using the Blackcoin source code to create this coin, the wallet and plan the 'Ecosystem' you intend to implement, but then you say that one programmer made a mistake when he consulted https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding for working out how to format the coin address with a leading 'S'.

Surely, on the basis you were working from the BC source, the conclusion he came to would have resulted in him leaving it as it already was, leading with a 'B' and, therefore, clearly not the correct coding for an 'S'?

Now you can complain again that you'd rather I not ask these awkward questions but, let's not forget, you're the coin development team that started with a bang, something you called 'Shock and Awe' if I recall correctly, promising to rock everybody's world over this coin. But, when asked to explain something rather mundane but also a good indicator of your team's quality standards when it comes to testing and implementation, you either have fanboys hurling abuse and trying to bury the question, or you mistakenly think that a couple of pm's to me asking that I leave the subject alone, for the sake of the coin's value, is the appropriate response.

Where do you think that value comes from? You? Your team? No, the value comes from the very people who buy your coin by the thousand on the basis that you are claiming you are capable of delivering what you promise. Trouble is, when you start asking people to change the subject, instead of actually engaging in the discussion and resolving it through reasoned and open conversation, thereby assuring that it can't be used as FUD by extortionists and market manipulators, it makes you equally as guilty of dishonesty as the extortionists and market manipulators.

You and your team have extremely bold intentions on where you plan to take this coin. You need to be able to demonstrate that the, extremely high level of quality testing and implementation needed for this vision can actually be achieved and maintained throughout.

Something you didn't start off being able to accomplish, it would seem.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
temrus63

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:45:53 PM

I would say it would be:
the increase will be
rocket
up

any bids for purchase

and then all bastards and panties that were sold will understand that they are beggars

you will watch as increasing the price of SC and will think, " HAHA! now fall)
but it will not fall
she would climb higher and higher

bastards and briefs will try to bring down the rate down by selling the remnants of coins
but the course will be hard to climb higher and higher

and you will cry and feel sorry that sold their coins so cheap
CINNI will LIVE

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:50:35 PM

Thank you devs  Grin Grin

Respect from me to. I am in silk and cinni 50/50 %.
 Wink
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:50:51 PM

I love how pointing out the massive premine is "blatant FUD" or saying anything factual about the coin, really. This is basic economics. There are major distribution issues, for one, because of the short POW windows. Another issue is that there are no smart people in this community - everybody is an idiot. This is because nobody smart would buy or mine a coin with a 4.5% premine. Anybody smart has agreed with me from the day this bought its way onto MintPal using voting bots: it can only go one direction. There are more Silkcoins in circulation than litecoins and it was just released last month. Super old, crappy source code - so many enhancements in Bitcoin Core 0.9. It's nothing but empty promises and bullshit - haven't seen a fact posted by a Silkcoin supporter yet (no joke). There is a really poor attempt at a pump happening right now but this is on way too many exchanges - not going to be able to fake it. Look at the buy support (or lack of). I haven't been wrong yet so why wouldn't you dump at least a portion of your holdings just in case? Awful investment. Awful.
sala2001

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:52:25 PM

Guys new self mod topic here => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.0

Avoid the FUD !
karudea

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:53:05 PM

I would say it would be:
the increase will be
rocket
up

any bids for purchase

you will watch as increasing the price of SC and will think, " HAHA! now fall)
but it will not fall
she would climb higher and higher

bastards and briefs will try to bring down the rate down by selling the remnants of coins
but the course will be hard to climb higher and higher

and you will cry and feel sorry that sold their coins so cheap

Honestly, i would not make prevision about the coins future.
All i Know is that i have a very solid trust in the devs (always kept promises, novative coin...) and the coin itself (Nice UI, lot of wallet upgrade etc...).

I will just stick to my trust in the coin, hold to my bags until the price climb and wait for the eco system release.
I KNOW for sure, that when the eco system is released, the coin will just explode.

So it's a little bit tricky. Will the coin survive this harsh period? I think it will.
And anyway, the risk is not that big with the promiss of a huge Pump (i mean huuuuuuge) when the eco system come out !

So i dont make prevision for the near future, but i know for sure that in a couple of weeks, this coin is gonna be huge !

All i ask is a little trust. And if you dont trust, you selle and just make the price drop for us that keep buy.

Happy trading anyway either you sell or buy !

Love u all

SC : BG3CzJmeE33QWpKZn4BbftVEunJZRov2JL
MEGAman

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:53:13 PM

Guys new self mod topic here => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.0

Avoid the FACTS !

Fixed it for you
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 03:54:25 PM

I smell shit again...ah, it's megawoman. Our little pussy is awake again.
MEGAman

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:54:54 PM

Just remember this guys: MEGAman told you to get out at 7000. Remember that.
karudea

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:57:52 PM

Just remember this guys: MEGAman told you to get out at 7000. Remember that.

I have to say, you have some courage to keep on posting here !
MEGAman, you are the best of all in crypto world. O love you so much. You have been such an help here on this thread.
Seriously i rarely see someone with such integrity, great advices and knowledge in his field.

Is there any award we could give you? I know, i will send you some SC ! You deserved it !

Megaman, i love you !

SC : BG3CzJmeE33QWpKZn4BbftVEunJZRov2JL
Quantum12

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:59:44 PM

Damn, this community sucks big time. Looks like people are only busy with the price and discussing technical aspects of the white paper are not important.

As investor i'm loosing faith reading only comments about exchange prices and how to handle fud.

The only thing i see here are n00bs that dont understand the technical details described in the white paper. Are those the ones backing this community?

This coin never takes of this way.. We really need more people here who understand the white paper so we can start a real discussion on the eco system.

The head dev is currently working furiously (with the other 4 devs) on another update due out soon with built in exchanger, I am unable to answer your question as i have no skill in coding, but rest assured it is not being ignored, it is read taken on board and we will get back to you when I can, as of right now the white paper is the dev teams initial foray into attempting to address questions on the eco-system , a Revised version is due out on FRI

@cryptodevil

you have had your question answered twice...
your post and concerns, although eloquent and not without value have been addressed
why are you so hung up on a single letter of the alphabet? you might have some points but to constantly post about it is not helping anyone.
the first 3 times you posted the issue i read it, took it on board and then the Dev answered you.

This is now the 4th time you have raised this topic?
If your not happy with the answer why ask the question?

You have all seen the storm of FUD we have had to deal with, the teams has been bogged down by it, and getting the wallet ready last week and this weeks updates, plus the whitepaper is time consuming.

I am sure when everything settles down and the revision hits on fri , we can all debate what to put in and what not to put in objectively in a calm and rational manner.. otherwise its just more Fud.

Q

Ah and Mr Megaman is back ... been quiet making money off FUD, drove the price down .. pumped it up , dumped and is now Fuding again to lower price for more cheap coins.

Dont make this guy money , I am ashamed to be the same species as him, at least he still has to look in the mirror at the end of the day ..
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:02:51 PM

I smell shit again...ah, it's megawoman. Our little pussy is awake again.

His mom kicked him out of the basement. Decided to go back to the retirement community to finish his documentary.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:23:14 PM

Silkcoin is stronger then we all realize... 
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: