Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:47:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332068 times)
kalisto

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:30:20 PM

Damn, this community sucks big time. Looks like people are only busy with the price and discussing technical aspects of the white paper are not important.

As investor i'm loosing faith reading only comments about exchange prices and how to handle fud.

The only thing i see here are n00bs that dont understand the technical details described in the white paper. Are those the ones backing this community?

This coin never takes of this way.. We really need more people here who understand the white paper so we can start a real discussion on the eco system.

The head dev is currently working furiously (with the other 4 devs) on another update due out soon with built in exchanger, I am unable to answer your question as i have no skill in coding, but rest assured it is not being ignored, it is read taken on board and we will get back to you when I can, as of right now the white paper is the dev teams initial foray into attempting to address questions on the eco-system , a Revised version is due out on FRI

Thank you very much. It would be a pleasant stay here if technical details can be discussed like nodes logging private data and privacy issues because the peer system is still running on the clearnet, ip's by the enduser are easily trackable. You dont want to have a free market running when nodes can monitor ip traffic and more.. even if things are "encrypted".
BitTome

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:50:26 PM

On other news, seeing the last nights dumps we will try to include the built-in exchanger in tomorrow's update to boost up confidence a bit in the market.

More updates!  Don't think there's a current coin with a bunch of more active DEVs and kept promises than this one!
BitTome

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:57:08 PM

What is the next step in Silk coins Marketing campaign? The voting and Oculus both did great.

There's something in the works, but it's too early to release at the moment Wink

Is there a donation address we can help with the promotions?  I'm a pretty heavy investor and would love to contribute a little funding to help promote this coin.
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:59:40 PM

I will admit this guy runs a tight ship for what a massive fraud he is. He has put a lot of effort into ripping you all off. I'm sure he regrets not dumping the last of his coins sooner but soon he will realize there's nothing left here. He can't produce anything as it's one guy with minimal development skills. If he had premined 1% I would have never been here because at least he's been active. Just cranking out new wallets every week isn't enough though. Also, a 4.5% premime guarantees this thing is doomed. Expect triple digits within a week. Hold and lose.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:08:38 PM

you have had your question answered twice...
your post and concerns, although eloquent and not without value have been addressed
why are you so hung up on a single letter of the alphabet?
Because it isn't just a letter of the alphabet. It is a failure by the very team who launched 'Shock and Awe', a marketing strategy, to address something incredibly basic about the initial structure of this project when they decided to use the Blackcoin source code.

It does not represent a letter, it represents a fundamental failure in the quality standards of the project, from the very first days of its existence.

If your not happy with the answer why ask the question?
I am not happy with the answers I am being given but, what is worse, and something that should be of great concern to any other person considering this coin, is not that I am not happy with the answer, but that the official Silkcoin rep isn't happy with the question.

We are being asked to believe they can deliver a bold new 'Ecosystem' for a coin project they evidently handled sloppily at the very start.

I'm not asking for the letter 'B' to be changed, I'm asking for them to appreciate the failings that letter now represents in their coin's wallet address format and to assuage our concerns as to the type of poor workmanship and quality standards that mistake is clearly representative of.

What has changed in their team, their methodology and practice since then?

If their response is to ask me to keep quiet, I'm guessing not a lot has changed. That's what I'm trying to establish, whether the same behaviours that brought us 'Shock and Awe' along with shockingly poor oversight, have been addressed at all.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
sala2001

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:12:48 PM

Well idk everyone makes mistakes, I'm sure if there were real implications it would've been solved in no time we seen in the past how fast they solve real problems.
Quantum12

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:20:02 PM

This user is currently ignored.

I now have them all on ignore , feels liberating .. i've had enough of the Baseless repetitive FUD
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:20:56 PM

your post and concerns, although eloquent and not without value have been addressed
Because it isn't just a letter of the alphabet. It is a failure by the very team who launched 'Shock and Awe', a marketing strategy, to address something incredibly basic about the initial structure of this project when they decided to use the Blackcoin source code.

It does not represent a letter, it represents a fundamental failure in the quality standards of the project, from the very first days of its existence.

I am not happy with the answers I am being given but, what is worse, and something that should be of great concern to any other person considering this coin, is not that I am not happy with the answer, but that the official Silkcoin rep isn't happy with the question.

We are being asked to believe they can deliver a bold new 'Ecosystem' for a coin project they evidently handled sloppily at the very start.

I'm not asking for the letter 'B' to be changed, I'm asking for them to appreciate the failings that letter now represents in their coin's wallet address format and to assuage our concerns as to the type of poor workmanship and quality standards that mistake is clearly representative of.

If their response is to ask me to keep quiet, I'm guessing not a lot has changed. That's what I'm trying to establish, whether the same behaviours that brought us 'Shock and Awe' along with shockingly poor oversight, have been addressed at all.

U mad bro? You obviously are not happy, why not just leave then? You are sounding more and more childish with each post, crying like a little brat who keeps asking Mommy, "WHY?!".
tequillaquagga

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:21:29 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.msg7454165#msg7454165

The Camel Marches On
MEGAman

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:23:14 PM

This is my concern with the address prefix as well. We're all well aware it isn't a technical flaw that spells doom for Silkcoin - it's that it represents sloppy work. These guys are talking about building this entire "eco-system" but they screwed up and forgot to change the Blackcoin address prefix when they launched the coin? It's a demonstration of incompetence. So now they have a Blackcoin clone with the exact same public and private key structure and it looks pretty amateur.

It's also crazy that they have released more wallet updates in this span of time than any other coin but yet they're still using EXTREMELY outdated source code. Bitcoin Core 0.9.2 is out and these guys are still using code from 2 years ago? Why not address that? It's clear this scam was designed from the start to fool people that don't care (or understand) the technical aspects of crypto. A 4.5% premime should never be viewed as acceptable. Ever. Just so many signs - I've been telling you which direction the price would go since the day this thing hit MintPal: down. There is nothing that can reverse that. Too many coins too fast - it's toast. The sooner you give up and move on to something else the better.
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:23:19 PM

What's even more liberating is a modded thread.  Did you know that if you ask someone to leave your modded thread and they repeatedly refuse to do so you can contact theymos and they will handle it.  This is straight from the mouth of another admin I PM'ed
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 05:26:06 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.msg7454229#msg7454229
MEGAman

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:27:11 PM

I also love how it's deemed "baseless fud" when all we have done is post facts. The only things "baseless" is this thread are from the cheerleaders and that whitepaper. How is saying there was a 4.5% premine baseless? How is saying silkcoin is built on extremely outdated source code baseless? How is saying the dev forgot to change the address prefix from blackcoin's "B" to an "S" baseless? How is saying he used the same voiceover as at least 2 previous scams baseless? Your labels are baseless. (I realize none of this can be refuted since I use facts so I'm assuming a giant meme to try to hide this, or something of the sort, is about to be posted).
MEGAman

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:32:19 PM

What's even more liberating is a modded thread.  Did you know that if you ask someone to leave your modded thread and they repeatedly refuse to do so you can contact theymos and they will handle it.  This is straight from the mouth of another admin I PM'ed

I love that you consider a MODDED thread, free of any critical thinking or facts, to be liberating. You consider the elimination of free speech and freedom of the press to be liberating. These are examples of why people invested in this coin: they don't have a clue. Clueless people lose money in crypto. When you get tired of losing, PM me. I offer free advice and I'm much nicer to people when they truly want advice. I get irritated when people blindly support scams like silkcoin. No reason to have blind faith in this guy hiding behind an anonymous name. Especially when the massive premine guarantees the coin is doomed.
tbear

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:04:33 PM

We are 5 devs working on the code, at launch one of them looked the part of the address but since he's not used to Base58 encoding he checked https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding and thought 25 would be S. Remember we are multiple devs working on the code.
Regarding your coment cryptodevil, how can you say the first letter of the public key is the engine Wink?

We discovered it pretty soon, but what implication does this have? None. On the other hand would you really think it would be a good idea to change the address formatting after launch? No.
Anyway, how can anyone call this a problem? We have bigger problems to deal with, and if this is the only criticism you can make over Silk, well we're happy.

On other news, seeing the last nights dumps we will try to include the built-in exchanger in tomorrow's update to boost up confidence a bit in the market.
We are also trying our best to finish the revision of the paper as soon as possible. I hope you still liked the present released infos Wink.

Last thing, we are thinking about moving the thread to a self-mod thread. I was against that idea at first but seeing it's becoming impossible to have a civilized discussion/debate here because of the FUD & co we feel this our only option.

Hi Silkcoin,

Could you explain what the built in exchanger will enable us to do?

Thanks
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:06:56 PM

We are 5 devs working on the code, at launch one of them looked the part of the address but since he's not used to Base58 encoding he checked https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding and thought 25 would be S. Remember we are multiple devs working on the code.
Regarding your coment cryptodevil, how can you say the first letter of the public key is the engine Wink?

We discovered it pretty soon, but what implication does this have? None. On the other hand would you really think it would be a good idea to change the address formatting after launch? No.
Anyway, how can anyone call this a problem? We have bigger problems to deal with, and if this is the only criticism you can make over Silk, well we're happy.

We are also trying our best to finish the revision of the paper as soon as possible. I hope you still liked the present released infos Wink.

Last thing, we are thinking about moving the thread to a self-mod thread. I was against that idea at first but seeing it's becoming impossible to have a civilized discussion/debate here because of the FUD & co we feel this our only option.

Hi Silkcoin,

Thanks

It means that you can make trades from your wallet, on supported exchanges such as MintPal and Bittrex
Quantum12

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:10:22 PM

Hi Silkcoin,

Thanks

It means that you can make trades from your wallet, on supported exchanges such as MintPal and Bittrex

sounds like another game changer from Silkcoin!

can't wait to be able to trade from the wallet on mintpal .. ahh innovation
tbear

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:23:18 PM

Hi Silkcoin,

Thanks

Wow. That is going to be a great feature!

No wonder people are trying to push the prices down to fill their own wallets...

If you guys keep delivering features like this the sky is the limit.

Thanks for your continued efforts!
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:56:44 PM

We live in exciting times.  How many wallets have a built in exchange capability?

What I have noticed in crypto is things move very fast.  People have been burned so many times they are becoming jumpy at the first sign of any trouble.  This is actually understandable.  People have been burned many times.  In the case of Silk coin you can go somewhat by actions.  They have innovated the wallet so much that others have taken notice and copied it.  There is no doubt that when the exchange function is built in people will copy that too.  The exchange in itself while a great addition is not the major take away point.  The major take away point is that the dev team is working hard and delivering in a day where people are blatantly producing coins without innovation.

At some point though you have to take a leap of faith.  There is risk in everything.  If you have had your heart broken do you not try again?  Do you not risk your heart again or hold something back?  If there was ever a group that deserved a chance it is this team. 

Everyone here with a stake in Silk can help.   Let's let the devs dev and focus on ways as a community we can drive adoption of the coin.

Any ideas?

Judge Crypto
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:10:44 PM

Well said J..

#1 Start closing this thread and move on to a moderated one, FUD is scaring away new people
#2 To the devs: Post something technical, instead of front-end goodies. That's what I am interested in. Innovations? There are many with Silk. But I would love to see in depth tech talk.
#3 Post some polls about future choices!!  Smiley
#4 Last but not least. We all know there are a couple of addresses with silk in them (yes the premine thing again). Post a poll. What do WE want to do with it. Maybe charity? Good cause?  THATS what counts imo.

Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: