Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:43:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:53:18 AM

Judge please stop, you are hurting this coin more then you can imagine.

Cryptodevil made a proper point.

No he didnt.  He has done nothing to support the coin and has only tried to pound the devs on 1 code error and try to push a management framework on an already working team.

@Judge:
I think my post was misunderstood.
I was basically trying to show that there is not enough money in the premine to pay the devs as Cryptodevil proposes.
I do agree with him that a community/investor dev fund is not a bad idea.
The multipool would serve the same function and I would support that as well.

Personally I am not worried about the future of SC but I can imagine some other people who invested at 4000sats or higher will be worried.
Most people are just holding their coins and staking, waiting to see what will happen.
The volume being traded is minimal.

I really think we can stop discussing the premine.
It is only a million SC.
Nothing that is done with it makes much difference at this stage.

I am hoping and expecting that the update today will give us something else to discuss.
I also see that the whitepaper has gone offline pending update. (This might be a reason for the drop in price now.)
Basically the way I see it: there is no real difference in investing at 1000sats or 4000sats. Just the amount of SC you can get.
If you were planning on having a monopoly then it is now easier. (Hence some reason to try to bring price down) but then you still need to force people who are holding to sell somehow. (Unlikely to happen unless there is a mass panic and loss of faith, which is unlikely to happen with the dev team from what I have seen so far.)

If you think SC dev team have delivered the best wallet to date and keep improving it while at the same time working on a larger vision, then you have nothing to worry about.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:58:14 AM

Judge please stop, you are hurting this coin more then you can imagine.

Cryptodevil made a proper point.

No he didnt.  He has done nothing to support the coin and has only tried to pound the devs on 1 code error and try to push a management framework on an already working team.

@Judge:
I think my post was misunderstood.
I was basically trying to show that there is not enough money in the premine to pay the devs as Cryptodevil proposes.
I do agree with him that a community/investor dev fund is not a bad idea.
The multipool would serve the same function and I would support that as well.

Personally I am not worried about the future of SC but I can imagine some other people who invested at 4000sats or higher will be worried.
Most people are just holding their coins and staking, waiting to see what will happen.
The volume being traded is minimal.

I really think we can stop discussing the premine.
It is only a million SC.
Nothing that is done with it makes much difference at this stage.

I am hoping and expecting that the update today will give us something else to discuss.
I also see that the whitepaper has gone offline pending update. (This might be a reason for the drop in price now.)
Basically the way I see it: there is no real difference in investing at 1000sats or 4000sats. Just the amount of SC you can get.
If you were planning on having a monopoly then it is now easier. (Hence some reason to try to bring price down) but then you still need to force people who are holding to sell somehow. (Unlikely to happen unless there is a mass panic and loss of faith, which is unlikely to happen with the dev team from what I have seen so far.)

If you think SC dev team have delivered the best wallet to date and keep improving it while at the same time working on a larger vision, then you have nothing to worry about.

Jacqul, sorry if I mistook your post.

I agree with you.  In the long run we need to transition to a more sustainable funding method. The premine is just a starter fund.   We can have more discussions on this later.

Silk has hard working dedicated people on the team and in the community.  We can take this to the next level.

I think we should as a community start organizing objectives too.  Like maybe trying to get a payment processor aboard.  Stuff like that.

Stay strong.  I am with you guys!
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:59:38 AM

Okay well this is insanely frustrating for me because nobody will look at facts or address real issues or concerns. You are all already invested so of course you're going to continue to maintain everything is peachy and sunny and perfect. I believe my points have been made far more than was needed but when everything I said was being buried with 2-3 quoted memes over and over to bury my post and get to a new page I felt I had to keep repeating myself. Look - I think most people are starting to realize I was right. Most people are now down on their investment. Some will cut their losses and get out and others will take their coins with them to their grave believing Silkcoin will make them millionaires. The truth is nobody knows for sure what this dev's intentions were. I made a lot of assumptions and I have received some PMs from people I respect that helped put me in your shoes and realize how I would be reacting to what I've been saying in your situation. Some of you are actually true believers and others just want people to believe enough to get the price up enough to unload and limit the bleeding. The premine was way too large - I will never back down from that. The Qt wallet has actually evolved into something that at least gets an "A" for effort - I can admit that. It's superior to most without a doubt. I hope this guy sees this thing through and I just hope nobody lost their rent money or owes their bookie - chances are you learned this lesson pretty cheap. It's a learning process. Everybody can't know everything. I promise I'm done posting here - done reading the thread - I don't take back anything I've said at all and I maintain everything I said was accurate but need to accept that nobody will ever admit it. Finally, to kalisto, the 13-year-old pimple-faced idiot who keeps messaging me about how him and his buddies are going to track me down and "fight" me - you better hurry up, Dick Tracy, before your Silkcoins are worthless and you can't afford gas money. MEGAman out (12/12 - calling it early).  
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:03:36 AM

Okay well this is insanely frustrating for me because nobody will look at facts or address real issues or concerns. You are all already invested so of course you're going to continue to maintain everything is peachy and sunny and perfect. I believe my points have been made far more than was needed but when everything I said was being buried with 2-3 quoted memes over and over to bury my post and get to a new page I felt I had to keep repeating myself. Look - I think most people are starting to realize I was right. Most people are now down on their investment. Some will cut their losses and get out and others will take their coins with them to their grave believing Silkcoin will make them millionaires. The truth is nobody knows for sure what this dev's intentions were. I made a lot of assumptions and I have received some PMs from people I respect that helped put me in your shoes and realize how I would be reacting to what I've been saying in your situation. Some of you are actually true believers and others just want people to believe enough to get the price up enough to unload and limit the bleeding. The premine was way too large - I will never back down from that. The Qt wallet has actually evolved into something that at least gets an "A" for effort - I can admit that. It's superior to most without a doubt. I hope this guy sees this thing through and I just hope nobody lost their rent money or owes their bookie - chances are you learned this lesson pretty cheap. It's a learning process. Everybody can't know everything. I promise I'm done posting here - done reading the thread - I don't take back anything I've said at all and I maintain everything I said was accurate but need to accept that nobody will ever admit it. Finally, to kalisto, the pimple-faced idiot that keeps messaging me about how him and his buddies are going to track me down and come "fight" me - you better hurry up, Dick Tracy, before your Silkcoins are worthless and you can't afford gas money. MEGAman out (12/12 - calling it early).  
We know you are an extortionist, you should just quit while the goings good.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:04:36 AM

Okay well this is insanely frustrating for me because nobody will look at facts or address real issues or concerns. You are all already invested so of course you're going to continue to maintain everything is peachy and sunny and perfect. I believe my points have been made far more than was needed but when everything I said was being buried with 2-3 quoted memes over and over to bury my post and get to a new page I felt I had to keep repeating myself. Look - I think most people are starting to realize I was right. Most people are now down on their investment. Some will cut their losses and get out and others will take their coins with them to their grave believing Silkcoin will make them millionaires. The truth is nobody knows for sure what this dev's intentions were. I made a lot of assumptions and I have received some PMs from people I respect that helped put me in your shoes and realize how I would be reacting to what I've been saying in your situation. Some of you are actually true believers and others just want people to believe enough to get the price up enough to unload and limit the bleeding. The premine was way too large - I will never back down from that. The Qt wallet has actually evolved into something that at least gets an "A" for effort - I can admit that. It's superior to most without a doubt. I hope this guy sees this thing through and I just hope nobody lost their rent money or owes their bookie - chances are you learned this lesson pretty cheap. It's a learning process. Everybody can't know everything. I promise I'm done posting here - done reading the thread - I don't take back anything I've said at all and I maintain everything I said was accurate but need to accept that nobody will ever admit it. Finally, to kalisto, the 13-year-old pimple-faced idiot who keeps messaging me about how him and his buddies are going to track me down and "fight" me - you better hurry up, Dick Tracy, before your Silkcoins are worthless and you can't afford gas money. MEGAman out (12/12 - calling it early).  

Sure you will stop trolling and posting negative comments because you have what you wanted, and that is a lot SC for under 2k sat. Good job  Kiss
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:05:12 AM

Finally, to kalisto, the 13-year-old pimple-faced idiot who keeps messaging me about how him and his buddies are going to track me down and "fight" me - you better hurry up, Dick Tracy, before your Silkcoins are worthless and you can't afford gas money. MEGAman out (12/12 - calling it early).  

Kalisto, I would gladly donate to your gas fund Smiley  Maybe this should be a community bounty?
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:12:11 AM

As promised the new wallet version is out today. And as always I'll update you with the latest news from the devs.

--Update is not mandatory--

-- Mac will be released later tonight, I'm going to get the mac right now to build the compile--

Let's start by talking about this update.

We listened to all you had to say and tried our best to improve the current wallet and solve all the current bugs and glitches.

*Lot's of UI improvements, fonts more readable, visual glitches solved ui parts finished. Also a few network bugs were solved.
*An unlock button right in your Dashboard, just beside the stacking tutorial for new comers.
*A whole new Market Data tab with MintPal, Bittrex and Cryptsy integrated. You asked for Mintpal and an overview panel, you got it Smiley. This is in prevision of the next update built-in exchanger, I'll talk about that later in this post.
*A few IRC bugs solved, as you may have noticed the client was still in construction. No more points instead of spaces and a much better response time.
*And yes we also integrated the "Minimize to taskbar" button on top of the "Minimize to tray" since a lot of you complained about missing it.

Now let's talk about the roadmap.. Most of the time as you have seen in the past we prefer releasing than talking about it for days because announcing great features always bring haters, fudders, impatients and pumpers. But this time I'll let you know a bit more what the current plans are and what the future holds for Silkcoin.

Next Update :

Will be in ~10 days, we will integrate the exchange feature into the market tab and a trading bot is coming but it's not 100% sure it will be included in the next release with trading.
Due to a big community demand games will be integrated in the wallet, at first it will be a simple betting game but we plan to expand this area in the future.
Also a big rework is being done on the IRC tab. After the next update we'll start to have a decent wallet  Wink.

The eco-system :

The release of the white paper is still planned for the end of the week so I will not talk a lot about it this time. If everything goes well we will start the beta phase about 2 weeks after the white paper, the beta should not last for long as the system is already very solid and we're constantly running tests.

For those of you who were criticizing the lack of information, I will still give you the same arguments : we started Silkcoin without talking about the eco-system and did not want to unveil it so soon because we knew without a white paper it would attract fudders & paranoïa. Also a lot of "secrets" are present in this white paper, we want to make sure we're advanced enough on the development side before making it public. But I reassure you, it's not quite finished I'm not making you wait Wink.

Anyway it's been 1 month and 8 days, judge by what you seen. We're at the 5th update and our community is growing stronger everyday, the wallet is now far away from the others and even if you look at our clones they can't even hold the speed of our updates or worse can't even copy our existing features.

Dev Roadmap:

Here is the order of priority and how the most important events of silkcoin are supposed to happen in the next 30 days:

- First the release of the White Paper Friday.
- Followed by a big update including the built-in exchanger and first game
- Private beta for the eco-system will begin
- Then we'll launch the Multi-pool, we're already talking with a few pool managers who are interested in working with us, but we haven't decided yet; We may build it ourself.
- The launch of the Eco-system with social features and decentralized exchanger. For now this is planned in ~1 month, it can be faster but it can also be delayed.
- The launch of the decentralized marketplace, yes we reconsidered it and we will launch the marketplace with a trust system we'll explain later.

The rest of the roadmap is still uncertain regarding timeframes but will include for sure :

- 2FA authentification, our devs have already started the work on double signatures this is not going to be a very long dev so it may come as a surprise feature Wink.
- Blockchain games in the wallet, followed by network games (all betting games, first game will be introduced next release).
- Anon, I would prefer not to talk a lot about it but we've been working for quite a long time now on Zerocoin implementation, it's not finished at all but yet shows promise since we thought it would've been impossible to integrate but we got back on it and found some interesting solutions.. We find most of the other alternatives (the one we can apply like darksend) not interesting.
Once again most of the time I prefer avoiding the subject because it atracts and feeds fudders and also because this is not the main feature, the eco-system is.
- A few other functions for the eco-system we currently looking what we could do without bloating the blockchain. You'll understand soon why we have endless possibilities when you read the white paper Smiley.

Well now you know what to expect.

Enjoy the new version, enjoy Silkcoin and good trades to you !

See you Friday for the white paper  Cool

Ps : I'm updating all links with the new wallet
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:14:29 AM

Oh dear, as soon as the repeated reposts about the wallet appear, you know the fleeting moment of reasonable discourse has now passed.

As you were.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:19:02 AM

Just post this image whenever MEGAman appears:
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-ignore-megaman.png

judgecrypto

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:19:23 AM

Oh dear, as soon as the repeated reposts about the wallet appear, you know the fleeting moment of reasonable discourse has now passed.

As you were.

Oh dear, here comes another useless cryptodevil post.
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:20:16 AM

Finally, to kalisto, the 13-year-old pimple-faced idiot who keeps messaging me about how him and his buddies are going to track me down and "fight" me - you better hurry up, Dick Tracy

Grin

By the way, you guys can thank me for talking MEGAman down. I think we can all agree we've heard what he has to say. Sometimes the key is a private discussion framing the situation. His main issue is in his delivery - I read his posts and, despite typically containing some good information, it's laced with senseless rage. Seriously - pure rage! It's important to look at every situation from both sides and he was completely rejecting the viewpoint and feelings of the people invested in this thing. Bad investment or not, they made the decision and 100 pages of ranting like a lunatic is of no benefit to anybody. When he told me to come check out this coin I had no idea what I was walking into. Hopefully he can resist the urge to continue and hopefully everybody learns something from this experience. Best of luck to you guys - this thread is a disaster but I could only dream of having a community this dedicated.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:22:46 AM

Finally, to kalisto, the 13-year-old pimple-faced idiot who keeps messaging me about how him and his buddies are going to track me down and "fight" me - you better hurry up, Dick Tracy

Grin

By the way, you guys can thank me for talking MEGAman down. I think we can all agree we've heard what he has to say. Sometimes the key is a private discussion framing the situation. His main issue is in his delivery - I read his posts and, despite typically containing some good information, it's laced with senseless rage. Seriously - pure rage! It's important to look at every situation from both sides and he was completely rejecting the viewpoint and feelings of the people invested in this thing. Bad investment or not, they made the decision and 100 pages of ranting like a lunatic is of no benefit to anybody. When he told me to come check this coin I had no idea what I was walking into. Hopefully he can resist the urge to continue and hopefully everybody learns something from this experience. Best of luck to you guys - this thread is a disaster but I could only dream of having a community this dedicated.

Thank you! Smiley 
m104323419

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:33:23 AM

建议大家不要跟这个骗子说话了..他就会骗人..大家都不要理他了,在中国这种叫贱人,你越说他他越开心,所以大家屏蔽他吧..不然你可能也会被他骗..大家当他不存在好了.
Boyer

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:42:15 AM

I don't think people wants to pay the devs when the price is only dropping, sad but true. If the price did some increase (which it didn't do for weeks) then people would probably donate something. Now everyone is just loosing money if you did not invest when it was at 500 sat.

You only lose money if you sell.  People staring at the market 24 hours a day is the problem.  The long term outlook is bright for silk.  Any whale with bitcoin can move a market temporarily, hire some fudders to create panic and generally manipulate a market.

If you are investing, invest... let the devs dev.  You will make out in the long run.

Sure, same thing happened to blackcoin price, and to a lot of other coins that just died after such massive down pressure. I guess time will tell if the agenda is pure. I guess it is pretty difficult not to look at price since it has been going down since it hit mintpal. I believe in this coin, and I hope I'm not wrong about it.

Stay true.  I have seen the internal team discussions.  They are hard working people.   We need to support the team instead of causing them to deal with all these dead end forum posts.  We should be thanking them for actually working on innovations.

True, price is not reflecting the coins innovation. Anyways volume is quite low, it is normal for price to go down then. I just don't understand the people selling at 1400 sat when 1 btc will bring price back to 3k. I guess it is a matter of time we will stay at this level. But who knows, I thought 4k were some kind of floor also. BC got a lot of fud etc that drove price down to 250. Nothing is impossible.
Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:52:01 AM

This is incredibly exciting.
Thanks also to the recent visitors in the thread.

There is basically no trading going on at the moment. Less than $100k per day is immaterial.
The reason for this is that people who wanted a stake in the coin already mostly bought in.

Some people along for the ride bought on the upswing with increased exposure prior to Mintpal listing and the second POW.
I can imagine, especially if people bought at 4000sats, that they might want to jump out now too.
This might be people who never actually took the coins off the exchange and into their wallets.

With an ecosystem as proposed by dev team, this will change things.

I am actually hoping someone can start using this thread for technical discussion etc rather than just the pro/con debate of peripheral things that has been the main focus recently.
kalisto

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:57:21 AM

Grin

By the way, you guys can thank me for talking MEGAman down. I think we can all agree we've heard what he has to say. Sometimes the key is a private discussion framing the situation. His main issue is in his delivery - I read his posts and, despite typically containing some good information, it's laced with senseless rage. Seriously - pure rage! It's important to look at every situation from both sides and he was completely rejecting the viewpoint and feelings of the people invested in this thing. Bad investment or not, they made the decision and 100 pages of ranting like a lunatic is of no benefit to anybody. When he told me to come check out this coin I had no idea what I was walking into. Hopefully he can resist the urge to continue and hopefully everybody learns something from this experience. Best of luck to you guys - this thread is a disaster but I could only dream of having a community this dedicated.

Thanks for talking him down. I only needed to find out some details where he lives and he was stupid enough to tell me he lives in Bozeman. Anyway im busy collecting more evidence so we can fill a report against him at the authorities for extortion.
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:11:09 AM

Grin

Thanks for talking him down. I only needed to find out some details where he lives and he was stupid enough to tell me he lives in Bozeman. Anyway im busy collecting more evidence so we can fill a report against him at the authorities for extortion.

I did report your threats, as entertaining as they were, to the forum mods. In other news, if anybody was curious, this guy is bragging about being a 41-year-old running a Warez group who is a self-made millionaire due to his elite altcoin trading. Translation: either this guy is 13 years old or a child molester.

Impressive work, Columbo - I'm sure looking into a firebugged screenshot will be the FBI's top priority. I like to picture this dipshit holding a little notepad and one of those golf pencils in his carny hands.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:22:41 AM

I don't think people wants to pay the devs when the price is only dropping, sad but true. If the price did some increase (which it didn't do for weeks) then people would probably donate something. Now everyone is just loosing money if you did not invest when it was at 500 sat.

You only lose money if you sell.  People staring at the market 24 hours a day is the problem.  The long term outlook is bright for silk.  Any whale with bitcoin can move a market temporarily, hire some fudders to create panic and generally manipulate a market.

If you are investing, invest... let the devs dev.  You will make out in the long run.

Sure, same thing happened to blackcoin price, and to a lot of other coins that just died after such massive down pressure. I guess time will tell if the agenda is pure. I guess it is pretty difficult not to look at price since it has been going down since it hit mintpal. I believe in this coin, and I hope I'm not wrong about it.

Stay true.  I have seen the internal team discussions.  They are hard working people.   We need to support the team instead of causing them to deal with all these dead end forum posts.  We should be thanking them for actually working on innovations.

True, price is not reflecting the coins innovation. Anyways volume is quite low, it is normal for price to go down then. I just don't understand the people selling at 1400 sat when 1 btc will bring price back to 3k. I guess it is a matter of time we will stay at this level. But who knows, I thought 4k were some kind of floor also. BC got a lot of fud etc that drove price down to 250. Nothing is impossible.

The markets are down all across the board forcing this down even farther. You only lose when you sell. ride it out.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
a3tje

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:27:40 AM

There is basically no trading going on at the moment. Less than $100k per day is immaterial.
The reason for this is that people who wanted a stake in the coin already mostly bought in.

Some people along for the ride bought on the upswing with increased exposure prior to Mintpal listing and the second POW.
I can imagine, especially if people bought at 4000sats, that they might want to jump out now too.
This might be people who never actually took the coins off the exchange and into their wallets.

I am actually hoping someone can start using this thread for technical discussion etc rather than just the pro/con debate of peripheral things that has been the main focus recently.

Totally agree!! We as a community should collaborate not fight, like it was about a month ago. Let's bring the positive vibes back people Cheesy we need some mojo here!

So main question, what can we do as a community..... Is there a facebook and reddit page / bot, maybe we can help getting those more active?

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:31:39 AM

Exactly, there is alot i want to know about this coin, but its a pain to have to flick through all the FUDsters and trolls posts.
It will be interesting to see how the social networking side of things goes, and from what i understand, the wallet is going to have its own exchanger built in eventually, so you can exchange to and fro to BTC and make and recieve BTC payments and then convert it back to SC!

Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: