Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEE2] [BEECOIN V2] POW X11/POS Hybrid - Now With CLIENT CHAT Feature!  (Read 133345 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dutch_loneranger

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:06:00 AM

Not a new team but they search for a new dev

TheSea

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:30:12 AM

Not a new team but they search for a new dev
Just a lot of valuable time was spent on useless expectations .. "I lost my wallet file god damn." What does it mean?
Dotcommie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:34:31 AM

The last few weeks have been nuts for bitcoin and has kept me pretty busy, but I did attempt to deal with c-cex and at this point I'm pretty certain they're in the business of listing their own 100% premined coins and mixing them in with the legit coins.  (would be nice if anyone had more detailed info on c-cex or knew someone legit who's affiliated with it)

I didn't want to deposit btc there just so I could use the chat and warn people(I'd probly be banned anyways).  The damage appears to be done already for the BEE ticker and I'll probably see about creating a site and/or twitter account to be a thorn in their side and warn people about the non-coins there if there's still no response. Currently I'm not sure what else I can do for BEE. It would probly have to be a coin and name swap because of that idiot, unless we out them for the scam they are soon.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:58:48 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 01:55:25 PM by cryptohunter

The last few weeks have been nuts for bitcoin and has kept me pretty busy, but I did attempt to deal with c-cex and at this point I'm pretty certain they're in the business of listing their own 100% premined coins and mixing them in with the legit coins.  (would be nice if anyone had more detailed info on c-cex or knew someone legit who's affiliated with it)

I didn't want to deposit btc there just so I could use the chat and warn people(I'd probly be banned anyways).  The damage appears to be done already for the BEE ticker and I'll probably see about creating a site and/or twitter account to be a thorn in their side and warn people about the non-coins there if there's still no response. Currently I'm not sure what else I can do for BEE. It would probly have to be a coin and name swap because of that idiot, unless we out them for the scam they are soon.

We will not be changing our beecoin name unless the community wants to do so.

If c-cex are listing this 100% premined junk I will be outing them as 100% scam exchange and warning people to avoid them at all costs.

Does anyone have the user handle on here for the c-cex owner?

Also beecoin may not be as dead as some may believe.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:45:58 PM

If anyone has an up to date copy of the entire blockchain or can upload one to mega upload that would be greatly helpful.

dutch_loneranger

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:04:49 AM

If anyone has an up to date copy of the entire blockchain or can upload one to mega upload that would be greatly helpful.

done

http://www.mediafire.com/file/896t65m8mv9gpdp/BeeCoinV2.rar

saves a lot of sync time

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:00:49 PM

done

saves a lot of sync time

Thanks, my wallet syncs perfectly with this

dutch_loneranger

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:11:45 AM

done

saves a lot of sync time

Thanks, my wallet syncs perfectly with this

Glad that I could help a little
I also see more connections now so that is a very good thing.
Too get the blockchain very active

Dotcommie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:15:32 PM

The last few weeks have been nuts for bitcoin and has kept me pretty busy, but I did attempt to deal with c-cex and at this point I'm pretty certain they're in the business of listing their own 100% premined coins and mixing them in with the legit coins.  (would be nice if anyone had more detailed info on c-cex or knew someone legit who's affiliated with it)

I didn't want to deposit btc there just so I could use the chat and warn people(I'd probly be banned anyways).  The damage appears to be done already for the BEE ticker and I'll probably see about creating a site and/or twitter account to be a thorn in their side and warn people about the non-coins there if there's still no response. Currently I'm not sure what else I can do for BEE. It would probly have to be a coin and name swap because of that idiot, unless we out them for the scam they are soon.

We will not be changing our beecoin name unless the community wants to do so.

If c-cex are listing this 100% premined junk I will be outing them as 100% scam exchange and warning people to avoid them at all costs.

Does anyone have the user handle on here for the c-cex owner?

Also beecoin may not be as dead as some may believe.

The scamcoin obviously knows they're scamming since they listed cryptopia on their site which has only had the correct BEE listed from the start. They've since removed the link to c-cex as well. Definitely shady practices.

Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:54:39 PM

What is the latest on this coin? Love me Bee coins. We have a dev yet?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
dutch_loneranger

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:48:47 PM

for so far I know not .
but I am just a fan of bee coin so I don't know everything
also just looking from day too day what is happening here.

Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:54:33 PM

for so far I know not .
but I am just a fan of bee coin so I don't know everything
also just looking from day too day what is happening here.

Yeah this was/is a fun coin. I also had fun mining this coin so interested party as well. Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:44:16 AM

done

saves a lot of sync time

thanks very much for this indeed Smiley

dutch_loneranger

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:55:25 AM

so what are we searching in a new dev ?

and has somebody already someone in mind that it could be ?

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:14:19 AM

We don't know what is happening right now - we are still waiting.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 11:52:54 PM

As I mentioned in a prior post, some time back I worked with cryptohunter on an Abe block explorer for Beecoin but, as ever, Soopy simply procrastinated to the extent it became a little embarrassing so we just let the issue drop for sanity's sake.

Anyway, I PM'd cryptohunter and offered to have a look into refurbishing the codebase. It would be incorrect to describe me as a dev (either cognitive scientist or artist would be nearer the mark).

I'm investigating a number of upgrade options, all involving tradeoffs around i) limiting the effort and ii) the likelihood of introducing bugs. The idea being to upgrade the codebase, optionally precipitating a hard fork and allowing the community an opportunity to redress some debilitating distribution infelicities.

Cheers

Graham
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:54:42 AM

As I mentioned in a prior post, some time back I worked with cryptohunter on an Abe block explorer for Beecoin but, as ever, Soopy simply procrastinated to the extent it became a little embarrassing so we just let the issue drop for sanity's sake.

Anyway, I PM'd cryptohunter and offered to have a look into refurbishing the codebase. It would be incorrect to describe me as a dev (either cognitive scientist or artist would be nearer the mark).

I'm investigating a number of upgrade options, all involving tradeoffs around i) limiting the effort and ii) the likelihood of introducing bugs. The idea being to upgrade the codebase, optionally precipitating a hard fork and allowing the community an opportunity to redress some debilitating distribution infelicities.

Cheers

Graham

This is EXCELLENT news for beecoin.

As many of you know Graham is a prominent and trusted member of this crypto community and also a very cool person whom has tried to help beecoin in the past previously.

I have held on to the beecoin community chest coins of approx 9BN for quite some time. Sadly lacking the technical skillset required I have not managed to really put these tokens to any real use.  I would therefore like to turn these over to Graham as the new curator for beecoin since I am certain he will be able to do far more good with them that I would.

If I hear no strong objections (with valid reasons)  in the next week I will hand this community wallet to his care.

I of course will always be a beecoiner and would like to see the community reform and get behind this new chapter we are about to start. I will be pushing beecoin on as it is still had the fairest/best launch of any POW coin on this board.

Greedyjohn of course as one of the main contributors in the past to beecoin will also be here.

Graham has some very interesting ideas for beecoin and those of you that get back behind this project will be very pleased.

I'm sure in due course he will reveal his plans and we will all get behind those.

For the beecoiners left please post regularly any thoughts or ideas you have and keep this community active and alive.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 02:20:49 PM

(either cognitive scientist or artist would be nearer the mark)

With respect to curating the Beecoin “community chest” ... as a cognitive scientist who has had a career of being paid to think *very* clearly, I take careful note of the results of research into “thinking” because  of the implications for my own cognition:

Money Priming Can Change People’s Thoughts, Feelings, Motivations, and Behaviors: An Update on 10 Years of Experiments, Kathleen D. Vohs (2015), Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 144(4), e86–e93.

Caruso, Vohs, Baxter, and Waytz (2013) posited that because money is used in free market exchanges, cues of money would lead people to justify and support the systems that allow those exchanges to take place. Hence, the authors predicted that money primes would boost system justification, social dominance, belief in a just world, and free market ideology, and found supportive evidence. Rohrer, Pashler, and Harris (2015) failed to replicate those effects. This article discusses the factors that predict priming effects, and particularly those pertinent to differences between Caruso et al. and Rohrer et al. Variations in a prime’s meaning, the ease with which primed content comes to mind, the prime’s motivational importance, and the ambiguity of the outcome situation influence the impact of the prime. Money priming experiments (totaling 165 to date, from 18 countries) point to at least 2 major effects. First, compared to neutral primes, people reminded of money are less interpersonally attuned. They are not prosocial, caring, or warm. They eschew interdependence. Second, people reminded of money shift into professional, business, and work mentality. They exert effort on challenging tasks, demonstrate good performance, and feel efficacious. Money priming is not the same as priming another popular means of exchange, credit cards, and can have bigger effects when there is an implied connection between the self and having money. The practical benefits of money have been studied by other disciplines for decades, and the time is now for psychologists to study the effects of merely being reminded of money.

From my perspective, a lot of Vohs' work is both pertinent and significant in the context of building a broad understanding of how an altcoin community functions across the board. It's why I'm comfortable with the responsibility of curating the “community chest” and also why it is that I won’t be holding any Beecoin personally.

It's not that this research can give a precise vector for the wind of change (degrees, minutes, seconds, strength) but it can fairly reliably indicate the originating quadrant and that is useful if one's task is to construct a windbreak to protect the fire (to take the analogy rather too far).

The windbreak? Well, it's complicated (as is always the case when groups of people are involved) but you might get some hints from the explanatory blog post in my standalone web “app“ (in that it uses javascript) that I'm using as example content for a “publishing by OP_RETURN” investigation that I'm pursuing (more of which, later).

The web app is just a page of HTML/CSS/JS with the page-specific resources embedded as base64-encoded strings. It's currently parked on my server but in principle, it can be served from anywhere, e.g. torrent and the magnet id inscribed in the OP_RETURN data (a la web2web) or, in my other approach, a semantic web RDF graph. But that's not important right now, it's the content of the post which might throw some light on my understanding of how to remediate the inhibiting effect of money priming on prosocial behaviour and attitudes because it's strength in the latter that underpins a successful altcoin SIG.

A different perspective on cryptocurrency

Cheers

Graham

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:04:38 PM

PMs sent out to EVERYBODY.

gjhiggins has proposed to be the NEW DEV of BEECOINV2. Please read below:

(either cognitive scientist or artist would be nearer the mark)

With respect to curating the Beecoin “community chest” ... as a cognitive scientist who has had a career of being paid to think *very* clearly, I take careful note of the results of research into “thinking” because  of the implications for my own cognition:

Money Priming Can Change People’s Thoughts, Feelings, Motivations, and Behaviors: An Update on 10 Years of Experiments, Kathleen D. Vohs (2015), Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 144(4), e86–e93.

Caruso, Vohs, Baxter, and Waytz (2013) posited that because money is used in free market exchanges, cues of money would lead people to justify and support the systems that allow those exchanges to take place. Hence, the authors predicted that money primes would boost system justification, social dominance, belief in a just world, and free market ideology, and found supportive evidence. Rohrer, Pashler, and Harris (2015) failed to replicate those effects. This article discusses the factors that predict priming effects, and particularly those pertinent to differences between Caruso et al. and Rohrer et al. Variations in a prime’s meaning, the ease with which primed content comes to mind, the prime’s motivational importance, and the ambiguity of the outcome situation influence the impact of the prime. Money priming experiments (totaling 165 to date, from 18 countries) point to at least 2 major effects. First, compared to neutral primes, people reminded of money are less interpersonally attuned. They are not prosocial, caring, or warm. They eschew interdependence. Second, people reminded of money shift into professional, business, and work mentality. They exert effort on challenging tasks, demonstrate good performance, and feel efficacious. Money priming is not the same as priming another popular means of exchange, credit cards, and can have bigger effects when there is an implied connection between the self and having money. The practical benefits of money have been studied by other disciplines for decades, and the time is now for psychologists to study the effects of merely being reminded of money.

From my perspective, a lot of Vohs' work is both pertinent and significant in the context of building a broad understanding of how an altcoin community functions across the board. It's why I'm comfortable with the responsibility of curating the “community chest” and also why it is that I won’t be holding any Beecoin personally.

It's not that this research can give a precise vector for the wind of change (degrees, minutes, seconds, strength) but it can fairly reliably indicate the originating quadrant and that is useful if one's task is to construct a windbreak to protect the fire (to take the analogy rather too far).

The windbreak? Well, it's complicated (as is always the case when groups of people are involved) but you might get some hints from the explanatory blog post in my standalone web “app“ (in that it uses javascript) that I'm using as example content for a “publishing by OP_RETURN” investigation that I'm pursuing (more of which, later).

The web app is just a page of HTML/CSS/JS with the page-specific resources embedded as base64-encoded strings. It's currently parked on my server but in principle, it can be served from anywhere, e.g. torrent and the magnet id inscribed in the OP_RETURN data (a la web2web) or, in my other approach, a semantic web RDF graph. But that's not important right now, it's the content of the post which might throw some light on my understanding of how to remediate the inhibiting effect of money priming on prosocial behaviour and attitudes because it's strength in the latter that underpins a successful altcoin SIG.

A different perspective on cryptocurrency

Cheers

Graham

dutch_loneranger

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:23:42 PM

great news.
and good luck or welcome
or how you must say it in English

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: