Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:47:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:21:55 AM

I mined on pool.vericoin.info for 27 hours 3 days ago and never received a payment. How does the pool work? Each time I checked on it, it would say I would have one share and then later check again and go back to 0 and this happened multiple times. Never went above one share. I was mining X11. I was mining at 14,000 Mh/s.
My address was correct I doubled checked it and also simply copy and pasted it into the conf file so thats not the issue.
My address is VP94abeifQ5KBhyymAXXtCEVB4E4doQwh4
Did you see your address on the website ? http://pool.vericoin.info/workers
If so you may have been mining during the period the server was down, If my memory serves me rite that's about 3 days ago

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:25:26 AM

There are a lot of questions regarding the pool. We've been tweaking it as it's still in Alpha right now many times and there have been a few bugs that we have fixed. So please-- if this is your income, don't use it.

It is, however, quite profitable over time. It operates differently than other multipools. Instead of paying out every night, we pay out a portion of each block we hit and reserve a portion for the OBA. Instead of daily payouts, we pay out per block. But only if you've earned 1 VRC (sometimes it decides to be less lenient and will pay when 0.2 VRC is earned, for example). Then the payments trickle out over time as the OBA buys when it decides it's a good opportunity-- especially during dumps.

So, If you want a really accurate number for profitability, it's not possible to give you one. But in my experience mining SHA-256 and SCRYPT for a day then stopping, I am getting at least 20% more than mining at TradeMyBit.

It works oddly compared to conventional multipools, but that's how we can buy VRC at good prices.

Cool, thanks for the taking the time to add more details about the pool. What you describe makes sense, but two suggestions for veripool.  I understand now it's still in alpha, so no big whoop.

1) Transparency and an audit log... There's no reason to not list what coin is being mined in exchange to vrc. Understood it's dynamic and may change depending on what the profitable coin is at the moment.  I would also suggest a global log showing what was traded for what and what was dived up.  For all the miners know, the pool earned 500 xcoins, exchanged 400 for vrc, and kept 100 on the side.  

2) Post a FAQ and some information on the site, especially that it's in alpha.

Anyway, even though I didn't earn a lot, I'm still interested in vericoin. Good luck with the pool, at the least it was interesting to mess around with.

lootz
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:34:13 AM

There are a lot of questions regarding the pool. We've been tweaking it as it's still in Alpha right now many times and there have been a few bugs that we have fixed. So please-- if this is your income, don't use it.

It is, however, quite profitable over time. It operates differently than other multipools. Instead of paying out every night, we pay out a portion of each block we hit and reserve a portion for the OBA. Instead of daily payouts, we pay out per block. But only if you've earned 1 VRC (sometimes it decides to be less lenient and will pay when 0.2 VRC is earned, for example). Then the payments trickle out over time as the OBA buys when it decides it's a good opportunity-- especially during dumps.

So, If you want a really accurate number for profitability, it's not possible to give you one. But in my experience mining SHA-256 and SCRYPT for a day then stopping, I am getting at least 20% more than mining at TradeMyBit.

It works oddly compared to conventional multipools, but that's how we can buy VRC at good prices.

Cool, thanks for the taking the time to add more details about the pool. What you describe makes sense, but two suggestions for veripool.  I understand now it's still in alpha, so no big whoop.

1) Transparency and an audit log... There's no reason to not list what coin is being mined in exchange to vrc. Understood it's dynamic and may change depending on what the profitable coin is at the moment.  I would also suggest a global log showing what was traded for what and what was dived up.  For all the miners know, the pool earned 500 xcoins, exchanged 400 for vrc, and kept 100 on the side.  

2) Post a FAQ and some information on the site, especially that it's in alpha.

Anyway, even though I didn't earn a lot, I'm still interested in vericoin. Good luck with the pool, at the least it was interesting to mess around with.

I mine just to support my favorite coin, I even got my moms laptop pumping via/CPU Tongue
aragoon

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:53:07 AM

Moolah.io and VER developments possibly the biggest thing since the wheel but I have seen nothing 'bout it on this thread.
I ( and I guess many others, do not use Twitter or irc ). Devs please note. There is a world outside USA, Twitter and irc.
VRC   Best coin out there. Keep it going.  Grin
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:57:04 AM

Moolah.io and VER developments possibly the biggest thing since the wheel but I have seen nothing 'bout it on this thread.
I ( and I guess many others, do not use Twitter or irc ). Devs please note. There is a world outside USA, Twitter and irc.

We probably don't use this thread as much as some coins do. That's because our developers like to interact with the people and that's easiest done on IRC. We will try to do better.

It might not hurt to explore IRC. Especially since that's our main channel of communication.

effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:59:39 AM

Once moolah.io finishes adding VRC exchange, we will be full steam ahead on integrating their html into the wallet.  They are also updating their system to a new version so the integration on their end is not yet complete as of now.
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:05:54 AM

The ANN is often the first place people look for info about coins so being absolutely up to date is essential so as to keep rumour, fud etc in check and to let people see what a first mover VRC is. Great work and huge future ahead. Thanks to devs and community.  Grin
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:21:10 AM

The ANN is often the first place people look for info about coins so being absolutely up to date is essential so as to keep rumour, fud etc in check and to let people see what a first mover VRC is. Great work and huge future ahead. Thanks to devs and community.  Grin

Many coins have moved away from their ANN thread as the main source of communication. ANN threads on bitcointalk really aren't the best place to look for information due to the huge amount of FUD in the typical thread. We will, however, try to keep those who choose to look to this thread for information as informed as possible.

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:25:02 AM

Many coins have moved away from their ANN thread as the main source of communication. ANN threads on bitcointalk really aren't the best place to look for information due to the huge amount of FUD in the typical thread. We will, however, try to keep those who choose to look to this thread for information as informed as possible.

And the vast majority of coins have not.

Keeping this thread up to date is absolutely essential.  It is not optional.
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:28:22 AM

As I said, we need to try to do that. However, this is not our main channel of communication at this time.

Bitcycle

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:30:17 AM

As I said, we need to try to do that. However, this is not our main channel of communication at this time.

There is no good reason to not keep this thread completely up to date.  To not do so is just laziness.
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:36:04 AM

There is no good reason to not keep this thread completely up to date.  To not do so is just laziness.

The reason is simple. Bitcointalk is not the ideal channel of communication. Many serious coins have moved away from this forum to other channels. Some host their own forum while others use Reddit or IRC. You can try to insult us by calling us lazy, but that doesn't make it so. It just shows that you have no real argument.

Now let me repeat: We will try to keep this thread updated on all our developments.

lootz
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:38:53 AM

Soon their will be veriforums everywhere Wink
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:43:46 AM

LOL really....Laziness. You are a funny guy. Are you a comedian ? Less then a month they have surpassed all other coins in innovation .... I dont think that is because of laziness. ROFL wow you are too funny. 
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:44:26 AM

Soon their will be veriforums everywhere Wink

Actually there is a VeriCoin forum at Veritalk.info, but our main channels of communication at the moment is IRC (#vericoin), Reddit, and bitcointalk.

EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:46:58 AM

@Wiz will pump and dump you.  Its how he does business.  Check his history.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:49:46 AM

LOL really....Laziness. You are a funny guy. Are you a comedian ? Less then a month they have surpassed all other coins in innovation .... I dont think that is because of laziness. ROFL wow you are too funny. 

You're right. Our developers are definitely not lazy. This forum is just not our #1 channel of communication and sometimes things don't always get posted here. We do need to do a better job in that area. I need to do a better job in that area.

Sometimes, however, things are posted, but they get lost in the occasional flood of FUD we receive. Sometimes it's easy to miss. I will try to do a better job of keeping this forum updated with the latest information, because even though it's not ideal, it is one of the first places those who are new to the coin look for information.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:50:36 AM

The reason is simple. Bitcointalk is not the ideal channel of communication. Many serious coins have moved away from this forum to other channels. Some host their own forum while others use Reddit or IRC. You can try to insult us by calling us lazy, but that doesn't make it so. It just shows that you have no real argument.

Now let me repeat: We will try to keep this thread updated on all our developments.

I dont want to harp on about it as u have addressed the issue...

A Point I want to make is that a lot of us (myself included) sit behind corp firewalls that dont have access to IRC ...which leaves us blind for 10 hours of the day Sad

As a long time bagholder\permabull & supporter of BTC\LTC really love your work and you guys are filling the void that LTC has left wanting

Keep up the fantastic work and allow pplz to believe in a real ALT to BTC where so many have failed....LTC included Wink

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Bitcycle

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:50:47 AM

Growth for the community still *heavily* depends on threads here.  That's a simple, undeniable fact.

IRC results in zero growth for the community. Zero.

There's my argument.

This is not an optional forum for you.  It is not something you "try" to keep updated.  What would stop you, by the way, other than laziness?

RodrigoHenrik

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 05:54:11 AM

VeriCoin is now available on

VRC/BTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/VRC/BTC
VRC/LTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/VRC/LTC
VRC/DOGE: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/VRC/DOGE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why you should choose Bleutrade

• Trade Crypto2Crypto • Real-time Trading • Low Fees • Hundreds of trades per minute • Resistant to DDOS attacks
• Trade 66 cryptocurrencies • Possibility to trade 2145 pairs • Decentralized storage • 95% Cold storage wallet
• Light as a feather system • Encrypted SSL connection • Real-time backup • Fast support (Less than 1 hour)
• Two-Factor Authentication (Google)...

Register on Bleutrade Now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COO/CMO & Co-Founder at Bleutrade.com
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: