Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:35:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
yourstruly

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:29:36 AM

For a guy who claimed to be paid $75/hour, he doesn't sound too professional about it.  Sounds more like whining for attention.  So I wouldn't pay no mind to his claims.

-tb-

I actually get paid more than 75 an hour when I do security consulting, and why do I have to act professional with someone who is not paying me, lying to me, building closed source projects off open source roots to make money and has a community of greedy idiots who try to deflect any claims that there are issues.

VeriBit makes us no money... In the long run it probably costs money with server costs.

I understand that, your fee is 1 VRC which is one of the reasons it makes it a good target for malicious attacks. When designing systems like this, like when designing an exchange you have to assume the worse will happen, like someone will try to DOS you. You appear to have nothing in place to stop these basic attacks which could be solved many ways.

Here is the updated version of the code that will work with your web services turned off and timed with 2 minutes:

require 'net/http'
require 'json'

# Would need to write code to manage number of threads
# and stagger their start times to maximize attack surface
#Thread.new do
  while true
    @time_up = Time.now + (60*2)

uri = URI('http://verisend.vericoin.info/apisendbtc?sendto=1NsqLEmk7bckyxocJToBYmgkte2j5KMGZp&amount=1')
    arbitrage = JSON.parse(Net::HTTP.get(uri))
    @vrc_amount = arbitrage['Amount']
    @vrc_address = arbitrage['Address']
    p @vrc_amount
    p @vrc_address

while @time_up > Time.now
      p "Time remaining: #{@time_up - Time.now}"

uri = URI('https://api.mintpal.com/v1/market/stats/VRC/BTC')
      market_data = JSON.parse(Net::HTTP.get(uri)).first
      last_price = market_data['last_price']
      # You would need to add in trading fees
      price_per_bitcoin = 1 / last_price.to_f
      p price_per_bitcoin
      if @vrc_amount.to_f < price_per_bitcoin
        difference = price_per_bitcoin - @vrc_amount.to_f
        p "Difference of #{difference}"
        if difference > 500
          p "Good time to send money!"
          system("./vericoind sendmoneyto #{vrc_address} #{@vrc_amount}")
        end
      end
    end
    p "Times up! Time to try again!"
  end
#end

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:31:28 AM

I'm actually providing a very valuable free service to the developer.

Could I ask, why don't you just PM him yourself and carry on this help directly rather than in a group discussion, which wastes a lot of time?

Because open source projects are usually discussed in a group setting, because they are open by nature. If he insist on making it private that is his prerogative and he has not chosen to do so.

SECURITY needs to be in the open? Thats a new one.

The next time I hear the Security team talking about the next big project at starbucks I'll let you know.

You are not here to help, you can help by PM'in the DEV.

Yes security typically discussed is open, especially on open source projects which this one is based on.

That is why there are services that openly report all security bugs so open source developers can read through them an attempt to fix them.

You are really showing you know very little about computer science and software development right now.

buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:32:58 AM

Could I ask, why don't you just PM him yourself and carry on this help directly rather than in a group discussion, which wastes a lot of time?

Because open source projects are usually discussed in a group setting, because they are open by nature. If he insist on making it private that is his prerogative and he has not chosen to do so.

The next time I hear the Security team talking about the next big project at starbucks I'll let you know.

Yes security typically discussed is open, especially on open source projects which this one is based on.

That is why there are services that openly report all security bugs so open source developers can read through them an attempt to fix them.

You are really showing you know very little about computer science and software development right now.

Never claimed to, I just know when I see someone with malicious intentions. You and your friend didn't take long to come up with a clever theft plot. Is it something you are familiar with? Do you use these codes to steal often? How many people have you stole from in the past?

Didn't seem to take you a long time to make a code you claim is capable of theft.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:35:21 AM

For a guy who claimed to be paid $75/hour, he doesn't sound too professional about it.  Sounds more like whining for attention.  So I wouldn't pay no mind to his claims.

-tb-

I actually get paid more than 75 an hour when I do security consulting, and why do I have to act professional with someone who is not paying me, lying to me, building closed source projects off open source roots to make money and has a community of greedy idiots who try to deflect any claims that there are issues.

Regardless if you are being paid or not, if you come out sounding arrogant, not too many people will listen even if your claims are true.  Telling people how much you make is meaningless in the virtual world...

-tb-

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:36:07 AM

Never claimed to, I just know when I see someone with malicious intentions. You and your friend didn't take long to come up with a clever theft plot. Is it something you are familiar with? Do you use these codes to steal often? How many people have you stole from in the past?

Didn't seem to take you a long time to make a code capable of theft.

If I had malicious intentions I would have never made a single post in this thread. It didn't take us long because we are well rounded software developers who are always thinking how a system can be broken so it can be improved, in computer science this is called hacking. So yes this is something we are familiar with because we built enterprise level software and you can't assume everyone on the internet won't break your system.

You are being immature right now and wasting my time. You should really exit this conversation since you have nothing of value to add.

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:37:26 AM

-tb-

Regardless if you are being paid or not, if you come out sounding arrogant, not too many people will listen even if your claims are true.  Telling people how much you make is meaningless in the virtual world...

-tb-

You can cherry pick what I said to make me sound arrogant, but in my opinion it is more arrogant to run an 8 million dollar economy on shoddy closed source software and dismiss claims there might be issues with your centralized services.

YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:44:51 AM

-tb-

-tb-

You can cherry pick what I said to make me sound arrogant, but in my opinion it is more arrogant to run an 8 million dollar economy on shoddy closed source software and dismiss claims there might be issues with your centralized services.

I did a quick look through at "yourstruly"'s posts. He owns DRK and has ripped on most of the competing anon coins.

pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:45:42 AM

-tb-

-tb-

VeriBit doesn't run VeriCoin. It is an optional service. Nobody is in the position to lose but the developers.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
ezimedia

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:46:42 AM

Anyone notice on mintpal that Vertcoin has doubled in price in the past 6 hours... just before I logged off Vericoin and vertcoin were both sitting at 47k there abouts and now vertcoin is sitting at 100k+ sats , so I think Vericoin willalso soon be hitting over the 100K sat mark..

Looks like Vertcoin is adding a lot of features and ideas vericoin has and is adding....

also with both coin names so close to each other are they riding on each other success...

was thinking about this.... a mate says to his buddy you should check out vericoin and his buddy gets online and finds vertcoin and buys it cause he got mixed up....

Newbies getting in to crypto could get these two coins confused with each other...

What if by error you are on and exchange and you transfer vericoin to a vertcoin wallet by mistake.. or the other way around... I bet that has happened to people before... specially if you are very tired.. mistakes happen...

Could both these coins merge to become a monster coin... and both dev teams work together on the one coin... instead of trying to out do each other... just thinking out aloud now..

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
irlandescoin

Activity: 567
Merit: 502

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:46:51 AM

to the moon

back here after the boom in 2013
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:47:07 AM

-tb-

-tb-

I did a quick look through at "yourstruly"'s posts. He owns DRK and has ripped on most of the competing anon coins.

Inaccurate actually, I mostly hold Blackcoin and Bitcoin if you would like to know.

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:49:47 AM

For a guy who claimed to be paid $75/hour, he doesn't sound too professional about it.  Sounds more like whining for attention.  So I wouldn't pay no mind to his claims.

-tb-

-tb-

VeriBit doesn't run VeriCoin. It is an optional service. Nobody is in the position to lose but the developers.

It is an option service built into Vericoin and is touted as one of its main features. It is the same server that runs the supposedly anonymization (an overstatement to say the least). This server is a prime target since its a central point of failure for Vericoin's features.

You still seem to be sidestepping the actual issues with the service again, if you don't want to talk about the software than you are wasting my time. When you want to make your service less flimsy feel free to PM me.

leckey

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:50:08 AM

Quote from: pnosker
I've sent you a bug bounty of 250 VRC (or around $75+). Thanks again for your help

Very dismissive indeed.

Do you know what might be a better way to submit bug reports? GitHub? Email? Making your points in a clear and concise manner other than: "I make 234987298374 dollars a day and have a 22 inch penis"? There's a right way and a wrong way of doing things, currently you're on the wrong road and coming across as arrogant, self-centred and egotistical.

All that aside, VeriBit ≠ VeriCoin. It's a centralised service built on top of the open-source VeriCoin. You don't complain that MintPal is closed-source and centralised do you? What about CoinBase?

victordoom87

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:52:03 AM

-tb-

-tb-

F*ck off you shitty little FUDer!!! You are a hater that's all I see in this posts!!!
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:53:36 AM

-tb-

-tb-

Inaccurate actually, I mostly hold Blackcoin and Bitcoin if you would like to know.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg7466412#msg7466412

"I'm working on setting up master nodes now and contemplating buying more to setup even more, but I would really like to be able to run multiple masternodes from one server instead of having to rent a dedicated and splitting it into several VP servers."

Come on now... Smiley You own DRK. I see that grin. You got caught.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:54:21 AM

For a guy who claimed to be paid $75/hour, he doesn't sound too professional about it.  Sounds more like whining for attention.  So I wouldn't pay no mind to his claims.

-tb-

-tb-

sound like this guy want veribit to be open source so everyone can copycat it like wild fire. at this stage close source is best as you know how scam coins popping up almost every minute promised of tech that they can't even know what it is.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:55:47 AM

-tb-

-tb-

"I'm working on setting up master nodes now and contemplating buying more to setup even more, but I would really like to be able to run multiple masternodes from one server instead of having to rent a dedicated and splitting it into several VP servers."

Acutally I sold my dark when it hit .018, I'm not running a single masternode. I was toying with the idea.

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:56:29 AM

-tb-

-tb-

sound like this guy want veribit to be open source so everyone can copycat it like wild fire. at this stage close source is best as you know how scam coins popping up almost every minute promised of tech that they can't even know what it is.

I could build a better version of veribit in a night that would be much more robust and less prone to failure and scamming and I wouldn't be afraid to make it open source because I'm not ashamed of my coding.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:56:52 AM

-tb-

-tb-

I think it's sad to see what's happening with DRK and I can understand why people are upset

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:57:46 AM

-tb-

-tb-

F*ck off you shitty little FUDer!!! You are a hater that's all I see in this posts!!!

If that is all you see, then you need help with.reading comprehension because I wouldn't have gotten 250 VRC free from the developer for just spreading FUD.

Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: