Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:11:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:45:56 PM

Ideally we would like 1 million VRC in the mixing nodes to make it really secure.

So at the moment this would be the equivalent of removing around 3.73% of the total coin supply from circulation also? If the coins are 'in' a node are they spendable, or essentially stay there for eternity?

Edit: Actually this sounds a bit like DarkSend? So a node is just a wallet with a balance? In which case why the donations when anyone with 100k+ could elect themselves to be a VeriSend node?

They're in there for eternity. And no, it's not like darksend. Yes, it has nodes, but not like the way Darksend has nodes. It's quite different and no other crypto is using a mechanism as sophisticated as this. Everyone will learn more once we hit the milestones.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pnosker

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

Ideally we would like 1 million VRC in the mixing nodes to make it really secure.

So at the moment this would be the equivalent of removing around 3.73% of the total coin supply from circulation also? If the coins are 'in' a node are they spendable, or essentially stay there for eternity?

Edit: Actually this sounds a bit like DarkSend? So a node is just a wallet with a balance? In which case why the donations when anyone with 100k+ could elect themselves to be a VeriSend node?

I should also mention that the coins are not spendable and are in the node essentially for eternity.

parker928

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:47:06 PM

ahhemmmm

I KNEW THIS COIN WAS A WINNER!!!
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:56:04 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 04:10:32 PM by fiftyseven

Lots of people out there own a lot of VRC. I think I have a relatively small amount and still donated 10k. Step up people, create a future for your investment.

Address: VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh

Remember, this is a ZERO premine, No IPO coin. All the money to make things happen is in the hands of the community.
Captain_Crypto

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:06:45 PM

Follow Captain_Crypto on twitter! Vericoin is the coin to buy!
fiftyseven

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:11:16 PM

I'm putting in another buy order. BTC can't clear quickly enough!
pnosker

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:19:32 PM

VeriSend

We are looking to raise 100,000 VRC to our VeriSend bounty address. All coins will be used only for mixing purposes and will not be spent. Please donate to VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh.

We have a test implementation of our VeriSend feature that we've been working on since the coin's inception. We thought it would be fun to drop far after the launch of the coin so the early adopters could be rewarded for investing in such a cool coin. I've been disappointed in the lack of community behind the coin, however. With the pastebin crashing prices and only Rubber_Monkey/sdmathis taking the lead for PR/Marketing, barely anybody knows about VeriCoin. Our sub Reddit is empty. We aren't being tweeted about nearly enough. Nobody is talking about VRC in the Poloniex chatbox. People aren't pestering MintPal and Cryptsy to add us.

These things need to change before we release any details. effectsToCause and I have put a LOT of our time and ideas into this coin. Right now it seems that not many people like them or care enough to help us get VeriCoin out into the world. If nobody cares, we could simply just sell off our ANON implementation to another coin that's willing to pay (XLB has a 7 BTC+ bounty for ANON for example). I'd rather see our coin grow. I want the community to form and start to get the word about VeriCoin out there.

So here are some benchmarks I will be looking for before we release details about how VeriSend will work:

I want to see the coin trading at 5000 satoshi. I don't care how it gets there. The value is WAY too low right now for a coin of this substance.
I want to see people joining the Sub Reddit (www.reddit.com/r/vericoin) and posting there.
I want to see people talking about VeriCoin in the Poloniex Chat box.
I want to see people talking about VeriCoin on twitter.
I want to see people writing articles about VeriCoin on blogs and news sites.

Get these done and you will see the most innovative/speedy/secure ANON system to ever be implemented into a cryptocurrency.
Yeah threatening people to form a community or else you will sellout make your coin worthless is a good way to start

The coin wouldn't be worthless if I our ANON made its way to another coin. Other coins have offered us a lot for our ANON system. The fact of the matter is-- if there's no community around the coin it doesn't deserve ANON. We would be better off putting our system into Litecoin or Dogecoin. Yes, it would be WAY slower due to the way their blocks are setup but at least they have people that would rally behind it. It's becoming readily apparent to me today that there ARE community members. Maybe they aren't well versed in PR/marketing but they are starting to show themselves. So that gives me great confidence that VRC is the coin to launch with the best ANON system there is.

Notorious-BTC

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:32:55 PM

Is there anyway to stop staking once there are coins being staked from the daemon? I'm trying to transfer my coins to another wallet.

I tried:

Code:
vericoin reservebalance true 999999999

...but it doesn't seem to do anything (or at least not what I expected).
pnosker

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:35:58 PM

Is there anyway to stop staking once there are coins being staked from the daemon? I'm trying to transfer my coins to another wallet.

I tried:

Code:

You remove coins from stake but you can prevent them from staking in the future using

staking=0 in the conf

Or reservebalance true 999999999 will reserve that many coins from staking.

pnosker

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:37:28 PM

Please submit your top logo design to our logo contest: http://www.reddit.com/r/vericoin/comments/27awof/logo_contest/

effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 04:38:25 PM

VeriSend

We are looking to raise 100,000 VRC to our VeriSend bounty address. All coins will be used only for mixing purposes and will not be spent. Please donate to VWtaoEnHHaGrA7TW9P2YBo8ZYetAVak2Wh.

We have a test implementation of our VeriSend feature that we've been working on since the coin's inception. We thought it would be fun to drop far after the launch of the coin so the early adopters could be rewarded for investing in such a cool coin. I've been disappointed in the lack of community behind the coin, however. With the pastebin crashing prices and only Rubber_Monkey/sdmathis taking the lead for PR/Marketing, barely anybody knows about VeriCoin. Our sub Reddit is empty. We aren't being tweeted about nearly enough. Nobody is talking about VRC in the Poloniex chatbox. People aren't pestering MintPal and Cryptsy to add us.

These things need to change before we release any details. effectsToCause and I have put a LOT of our time and ideas into this coin. Right now it seems that not many people like them or care enough to help us get VeriCoin out into the world. If nobody cares, we could simply just sell off our ANON implementation to another coin that's willing to pay (XLB has a 7 BTC+ bounty for ANON for example). I'd rather see our coin grow. I want the community to form and start to get the word about VeriCoin out there.

So here are some benchmarks I will be looking for before we release details about how VeriSend will work:

I want to see the coin trading at 5000 satoshi. I don't care how it gets there. The value is WAY too low right now for a coin of this substance.
I want to see people joining the Sub Reddit (www.reddit.com/r/vericoin) and posting there.

Get these done and you will see the most innovative/speedy/secure ANON system to ever be implemented into a cryptocurrency.
Yeah threatening people to form a community or else you will sellout and make your coin worthless is a good way to start

MINEMEPLS don't worry we are fully invested in VeriCoin, but we do need an extra active community and donations to launch the ANON with reserve balances for the nodes.  We can do this all without a premine or IPO as we have already, but do need the community to help.  To all those who stuck with us, thank you and let's push this up even higher!  Details will be released, this is real.
fiftyseven

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:39:31 PM

I tried:

Code:

If you have received an interest payment, you have to wait for it to fully confirm before all the staked coins are spendable again.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:01:35 PM

interesting. i will keep watching.
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 05:08:01 PM

It looks like Scrypt is working again on the Vericoin MultiPool:

http://pool.vericoin.info/

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:12:59 PM

Almost 400 mh/s total. Nice !
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:21:36 PM

just a reminder for new comers,

http://therubbermonkey.me/2014/05/28/what-is-oba/#vericoin

this is on top of all the new features being added
dimfot

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 05:23:10 PM

Almost 400 mh/s total. Nice !

BIG UP OBA

OK so this is the news i've been waiting all day!!! right back in

fiftyseven

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:50:12 PM

VeriSend

Come on folks, donate a little, it won't kill you!
SpruceMoosey

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:56:28 PM

VeriSend

LOL this has now turned into a joke.

I only go onto Polo for a laugh!!!

Let the coin die already....
pnosker

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:26:34 PM

VeriSend

LOL this has now turned into a joke.

I only go onto Polo for a laugh!!!

Let the coin die already....

Ha. As long as effects and I are around this coin is going nowhere. It will happily leave you behind.

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: